• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh they deadass locked this basic-ass mechanic behind a bond event 24 hours into the game lmaoooooo.

And the funniest part is, i didn't even think about it. I just assumed this was one of those RPGs where you only have four character active at any time and if you wanna swap, it has to be done outside of battle. But now that they're giving me this, i can't help but clown on this game lmao.

Was shitty cold steel the better persona all along?

I'm here to give my review of Tear Ring Saga so far:

- Maps are fun (the one where I was killing a hundred zombies and feeding golden ones to my weaker units for exp was funny)

- Characters look really cool. (Kate, Sasha, Julia, Juni, and Raquel in particular, so far!!)

- Music is nice. I have one track I like a lot so far

- Crossbows and Tanks? Neat!! *Marle and Valkyria Chronicles has entered the chat*

- Route split. Very interesting, excited to see how it plays out!! *Echoes of a wild FE are heard in the distance*

- Norton is amazing. He protects my stream from viruses and running issues with his "Rock Solid" defense 😏

- Eugene is funny

-That's it so far.

This has been The Chosen One, bored and in the process of fixing his infamous sleep schedule, causing a hiatus for stream content, with your weekly update. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Edited by TheChoZenOne

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Was shitty cold steel the better persona all along?

Setting aside the fact that i do overall like Cold Steel.

Yes. 100%. 

Fucking Cold Steel 3 has better pacing than this game lmao.

5 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

- Route split. Very interesting, excited to see how it plays out!! *Echoes of a wild FE are heard in the distance*

Neat thing about the route split is that some characters can only be recruited if you bring specific characters to that route. Maybe glance at a recruitment guide for that if you want.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fucking Cold Steel 3 has better pacing than this game lmao.

Bruh

Are you fucking serious

How xD

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Neat thing about the route split is that some characters can only be recruited if you bring specific characters to that route.

"Neat"

FN-ktOpXoAELQaA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

LeaBruh21.png

No way they actually fucked up a basic mechanic like this bruh. I mean limiting it to the MC is already stinky enough but you can't swap out party members with status ailments? Lmaoooooo.

Not even a joke, anyone who says this is their favorite RPG of all time has quite literally never played any other RPG.

All this game is doing is giving me a newfound appreciation for Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Bruh

Are you fucking serious

How xD

Because Cold Steel 3 doesn't make me slog through quite literally every day of the week just to see something happen. 

It didn't even have to be this way either, i will once again make the comparison to Atelier when it used to have time-limits and those games had a way better calendar system than Persona 5.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

"Neat"

Ah well, as far as Kaga standards go. I prefer it over Berwick's recruitment mechanics.

Edited by Armagon

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not even a joke, anyone who says this is their favorite RPG of all time has quite literally never played any other RPG.

I mean, considering how much Persona sells compared to other jrpgs, and how everyone tries to copy it...

You aren't far off :p

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh joy, exam time. Time to look up these anwsers.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh joy, exam time. Time to look up these anwsers.

You are so done with this game you wrote this twice xD

44 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

I'm here to give my review of Tear Ring Saga so far:

- Maps are fun (the one where I was killing a hundred zombies and feeding golden ones to my weaker units for exp was funny)

- Characters look really cool. (Kate, Sasha, Julia, Juni, and Raquel in particular, so far!!)

- Music is nice. I have one track I like a lot so far

- Crossbows and Tanks? Neat!! *Marle and Valkyria Chronicles has entered the chat*

- Norton is amazing. He protects my stream from viruses and running issues with his "Rock Solid" defense 😏

- Eugene is funny

-That's it so far.

This has been The Chosen One, bored and in the process of fixing his infamous sleep schedule, causing a hiatus for stream content, with your weekly update. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Eugen is indeed funny.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

"Neat"

Neither "neat", nor even a "thing" at all, for the most part. There's a grand total of three characters that can be missed by not sending the right person to the right route. Of these:

• One has a huge pool of units that can make the recruitment happen, a whopping six, and it happens immediately after the first split, which doesn't have that many units to choose from. Even a blind player will almost certainly send at least one of them to the right side.
  • One is only affected by this in one of two possible map splits. In the other, she doesn't require a specific character to get her.

Soooo yeah. There's only one that's really an issue in this respect. And even then, that character's recruiter simply needs to be left in the route where he starts, not swapped to the opposite one. There are of course other events and things that can be missed by sending characters one way or another, but as far as recruitments go... yeah.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah well, as far as Kaga standards go. I prefer it over Berwick's recruitment mechanics.

Hottest take.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The sound of Armagon's transformation into a Persona critic.:

Embrace the demon inside.😈

😛

No way they actually fucked up a basic mechanic like this bruh. I mean limiting it to the MC is already stinky enough but you can't swap out party members with status ailments? Lmaoooooo.

Not the case in SMT FYI.

There is a chance for a command to swap to be disobeyed if Charm or Confuse is afflicted in SMTV, but swapping b/c ailments is no problem. And demons can swap themselves out there, but only their own slot while the MC can swap out any demon or fill in a slot made empty from being KO'ed. I forget the limitations in prior games (wouldn't surprise me if only the MC could swap demons there).

This sounds like a distinctly Modern Persona problem. -Though Old Persona didn't have b/c it never gave you enough characters that you could swap them out. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha, maybe I should try it.

It's not for everyone.😄 Even I yawn once in a while during a 300 page read. But some lifelong learning does make life feel a tad more meaningful.

Oops, I overslept. Happy Birthday, @twilitfalchion!

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, SRW normally does its usual shenanigans when dealing with UC Gundam's timeline... but SRW A is the one that goes and turns it into a pretzel.

As the video highlights, you have Operation Stardust... with OYW!Char, Lalah, and even the Black Tri-Stars AND this is happening AFTER the Titans, despite Stardust being one of the crux points that caused them to form. Not seen, but Guinneas is still alive and still working on the Apsalus III, which is fought later in the game. On that subject, the GP-03 isn't even ready either, so Kou is still in the Zephyrantes.

Like I said, a Pretzel.

Can't be worse than what we got /s

I mean, I believe the Titans would be formed even if the operation failed. Just the fact that Zeon remnants caused all those problems for the Federation alone should make them keep their eyes open.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200427_203837.jpg

Terrorism is based!

FucozBp.jpeg

Based on these two statements, i can conclude that you like boring knight women.

Says the guy who likes the character whose only gimmick is being sleepy 99% of the time.

Your opinion is simply incorrect.

7tqyiF8.png

I'll continue Xenoblade sometime...

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm surprised your crit quotes aren't just throwing anime lewds at the enemy. No quote. Just anime.

It's only effective against you. People normally like it.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Matthis is going to beat the shit outta him so fast he won't even be able to say his battle quote.

>mathis

>beating the shit out of anyone

meta/ - Meta & Phantoms » Thread #384303

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Well, he loves Saber, poster girl for boring knight girls

Ratio'd by the King of Knights

https://c.wallhere.com/photos/96/54/digital_art_artwork_women_blonde_Queen_anime_anime_girls_Saber-1667965.jpg!d

But he likes imoutos so he is forgiven!

No way they actually fucked up a basic mechanic like this bruh. I mean limiting it to the MC is already stinky enough but you can't swap out party members with status ailments?

You have to keep leveling the confidant to upgrade the skill.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds different. But, that's how life under monarchy works. Sometimes, you get a mostly/perfectly sane and capable ruler. Other times, you get a madman, a selfish bastard, and or someone totally incompetent at the monarchal duties and responsibilities. Or something between the two extremes ofc. If a coup/successful treason is off the table, then all you can do is smile and press on. In other words, probably not dissimilar to life under a bad boss in the modern corporate workplace. Life's a roll of the RNG after all.

And pretty much every system under where there's a "boss/leader" position. *looks at 2016-2020*

25 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Can't be worse than what we got /s

I mean, I believe the Titans would be formed even if the operation failed. Just the fact that Zeon remnants caused all those problems for the Federation alone should make them keep their eyes open.

Oh, most certainly. Though like I said, this is happening after the Titans' disbandment. Considering Char is still Char (and only takes the Quattro disguise after Stardust in this SRW)... I wonder how what went on. Did Char just didn't bothered, or was actually never a member of the AUEG in this timeline? And then considering Lalah is still alive...

Feh Art Thread 3 - FEH Fluff - GamePress Community

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, most certainly. Though like I said, this is happening after the Titans' disbandment. Considering Char is still Char (and only takes the Quattro disguise after Stardust in this SRW)... I wonder how what went on. Did Char just didn't bothered, or was actually never a member of the AUEG in this timeline? And then considering Lalah is still alive...

Probably just chilling in a corner, just like Affranche Char.

Everly Key i Affranchi Char z serii książkowej... - 80sLove - Wykop.pl

Triangle Strategy, stop being hard. I'm too peerless a tactician to be defeated like this. I just want to beat chapter 4 so I can unlock the ability to see how much conviction I need to recruit the remaining characters.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not for everyone.😄 Even I yawn once in a while during a 300 page read. But some lifelong learning does make life feel a tad more meaningful.

Haha, yeah, I would imagine they're not exactly light reads. But then, we spend so much time investing on history that didn't really happen...

1 hour ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Says the guy who likes the character whose only gimmick is being sleepy 99% of the time.

Better boring knight girls than that, I'll say.

It's only effective against you. People normally like it.

Bah...

>mathis

>beating the shit out of anyone

meta/ - Meta & Phantoms » Thread #384303

You can't tell me otherwise. Every single time I've used him, he's turned out at worst good, at best a destroyer of worlds. Every time I've made other people use him, the same has happened. At this point I am completely convinced that all it takes is to believe in him.

Ah, im frustrated. Editing events is so fucking difficult, and I hate this feeling, failure. Its literally the worst, and now im just feeling a bit dissapointes in myself. 

10 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Feh Art Thread 3 - FEH Fluff - GamePress Community

❤️

-------

Taking a bit of a break from Elden Ring after 35 hours or so of binging it over the past couple weeks to boot up Samurai Warriors 5, after waiting a long while to nab it on sale.

Probably my favorite version of the Warriors engine I've experienced so far. Everything feels that much smoother.

Also helps that unlike the last Warriors game I played, Age of Calamity, the game runs at a pretty rock solid 60fps on PS4, unsurprisingly.

It's a slight annoyance that pairing Male Corrin up with anyone not an Avatarsexual is recipe for losing getting one of the children. Otherwise, if I had Fates...

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, im frustrated. Editing events is so fucking difficult, and I hate this feeling, failure. Its literally the worst, and now im just feeling a bit dissapointes in myself. 

No wrries, it's really tricky to edit events.  Things like this are a procedure, so even if you came up short this time, it's about continuing to work until you get it next time!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks!

Happy birdday!

RedcrestedTuraco.jpg

Oh wait, it's birthday... well, close enough. Everyone will get a bird picture on their birthday.

Bruh

Are you fucking serious

How xD

When Shrimpy is introduced to an RPG worse than CS

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dragon Quest XI wins yet again.

Edited by Lightchao42

FN8MIhvVsAIgupu?format=jpg&name=medium

>Healing in Hard Mode unlocked

Holy shit, Inti Creates actually did it. I can finally bump the game to an 8/10 like i originally planned on giving it.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The sound of Armagon's transformation into a Persona critic.:

Me explaining to people why modern Persona is a mid af series

tenor.gif

Also me explaining how Tokyo Mirage Sessions is the superior MegaTen game.

3 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Terrorism is based!

That's a little bit sus if you ask me.

And i still have the objectively correct facts.

LeaCool2.gif?width=432&height=432

You have to keep leveling the confidant to upgrade the skill

"You have to level up the skill that other RPGs will quite literally give to you for free because it is a basic mechanic".

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Better boring knight girls than that, I'll say.

Ruben you would turn off Rune Factory after the five minute mark, do not even start.

Edited by Armagon