• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Yeah i wanna try one (other than 4 or 5) first before i sink money into it, because i really don't know if these games are my thing.

Yeah then 3 is your best bet. Mind you, i haven't played it myself but i've seen a lot of fans say that it basically set the foundations for 4, which is the game that most people jumped into.

Ok i've been clowning on P5 a lot, time for some positivity about it

This song is good. Way better than the memed on "Last Surprise" and it seems i made the right call in playing Royal, as this song is exclusive to it.

Actually beyond just the new character and story additions, it seems Royal made numerous gameplay improvements. Imagine if i was playing the original lmaoooo.

53 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

considering i prefer Corn over Rean massively (and i fucking hate Corn), that's unlikely

Rean is literally my single least fav. protag in existence.

Wait, no, Ereh exists

2nd last fav. then.

I suppose some things are too much to ask for. The miracle never happen... Though corn is a fine vegetable, why do you hate it?

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…you didn’t hear about Star door 15?

I have heard only whispers in the hearts of mortal men... in that I don't know what exactly is in it, so it doesn't count. Actually it was one of the first things I heard about, but it was in a "getting into Trails" video and not this thread. But it'll be a while before I see it myself, so I'd rather not talk about it now.

Truthfully, I worded that post in a way where I would get that response and I could post the Heavy video. My planning skills know no bounds.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Feels like you will become to Persona what i am to Rean Saga xD

Yeah well at this rate this will be the first and last time i play a Persona game lmao.

(Once again, i know 1 and 2 are different but age).

And the part that sucks the most is that the actual gameplay itself, like the combat and dungeons (not Mementos) is something i'm genuinely enjoying. But outside of that....it gets tough.

I actually have a perfect metaphor to describe this game but imma save it for the review.

Harvest Moon: Back To Nature : Amazon.com.br: Games e Consoles

Loved to play this one back on the PSone. Heard it got a remake

2 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Not quite. The GBA reimagining/retool of BtN, Friends of Mineral Town, is the one that got the remake.

Then again, BtN was already a reboot of HM64...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Did my second attempt of BS C2 Main. Is it too early to begin reloading the mid-chapter saves when things don't go in your favor?😅

Things felt less smooth than last time, though I was able to kill every bandit. I didn't finish the map until turn 23 though, cutting it real close. Not sure what I could've done better, other than use better weapons and more good mercs.

With the sub-missions or whatever you want call the optional battles, Chapter 2's were much easier than the main mission, though not entirely danger & reloading-free. Axel really broke the second sub-mission in two. Like, was it ever expected anyone would play it that way or destroy the convoy in time without water-walking?

I previewed the main mission of Chapter 3. I recall seeing this long ago, three bishops run around like wannabe martyrs. Joy. Best to hire the axemen again, and Faye I know. That'd leave me with one last slot to fill, so... Volo? Need to build the happy with him at some point, and his excellent start will help reduce the headaches here. Do I then bench Sherlock and spend yet more for Sylvis to maximize my team's capabilities? ...Can Reese convince Volcens to debase the denarius? Seems like he might be the kind of monarch to do that.

---

On a random holiday note, Purim started tonight. My one Jewish professor in college described it as the "fun" Jewish holiday . A rabbi during an interfaith discussion I attended at university also described the holiday as "the day you're supposed to get so drunk, that you can't tell the difference between good and evil". What a serendipitous alignment that this year it aligns with St. Patrick's Day, America's "drink because you might be 1/2048th Irish!" celebration. And then Friday I see is the Hindu spring festival of Holi, where if it's warm enough outside, you can feel free to run around and chuck the entire rainbow's worth of pigments at everyone. A triple happy holiday array right on the cusp of the start of Spring.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha, yeah, I would imagine they're not exactly light reads. But then, we spend so much time investing on history that didn't really happen...

Regarding your earlier comment on Volcens not exactly being a grade-A ruler before, now my readings of the Byzantine Empire are surfacing again. If you ever thought an existential crisis would surely bring forth virtuous monarchs who could set aside political intrigue and valiantly to the very end oppose the powerful invaders, how wrong you thought.

It's amazing how when northern barbarians, Persians, Arabs, or Turks were terrorizing and conquering Byzantine imperial territory, that some emperors could still be selfish, paranoid, greedy. Men focused more on blinding perceived internal enemies, than in fighting the real enemy ramming down the door. Not all of them, but I can't name any names, because there were too many of them over the centuries. Emperors who as a result of their vices, squandered situations that were not inherently destined to end with defeat.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, before i forget. @Interdimensional Observer i found this by complete chance while browsing my Twitter timeline

FN0bNvBWUAAKdGk?format=jpg&name=large

Sauce

Didn't expect to run into Odin Sphere fanart in the wild so soon after finishing the game haha.

Lovely.

And considering OS is a game without a franchise, from a small or mid-tier at best company, with positive but not overwhelming sales and reception, I wouldn't expect to see that much Odin Sphere fanart out there.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Romance option for younger players, more or less.

Doesn’t change the fact that it’s still weird you can marry her.

I mean, there has almost always been a bachelorette who, IMO, look a little too young to wed.:

• RF1- Nobody, actually.
  • RF2- Dorothy I would say, although it's possibly her hidden face that's the problem. Honestly, her non-genetic little sister Cammy looked and acted more dateable to me, yet she isn't. But who I actually want is Barrett.
  • RFF- The Iris sisters. Being low-key vampires means they're definitely older than look though, not sure by how much.
  • RF3- Sakuya seems a touch too young-looking to me. Good personality though.
  • RFToD- Violet.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

z8LEH11.png

Why do Users and Reviewers disagree so much on ToD?

What happened there

No idea why. And I'm the only one here who has actually played it.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Yeah i wanna try one (other than 4 or 5) first before i sink money into it, because i really don't know if these games are my thing.

As others said, and as I can confirm having played it, RF3 feels significantly "faster" than the previous two DS entries in terms of combat and in general. It's also a little on the short side -a flaw- but that might be a good thing if you're looking just to sample the franchise. Some of the bachelorette options are a tad zany compared to prior entires, but zany ain't bad.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Friend of mine adores the first RF.

I'd say they all have their merit, like most game series.

It did invent the franchise. And I did have fun with it, before better came to be. Nothing wrong with odd tastes.

1 hour ago, Awakened_06_ said:

As did I. I got into Rune Factory because I played some Back to Nature, plenty of HM64- the favorite of me and my fellow then-young relatives, maybe two play sessions of the SNES original, a day or two of A Wonderful Life, some Save the Homeland, and a great deal of Magical Melody. Oh, and some Friends of Mineral Town too (I still need to get to wedding Cliff in the SoS remake).

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Actually beyond just the new character and story additions, it seems Royal made numerous gameplay improvements. Imagine if i was playing the original lmaoooo.

Scrolling down and very quickly glancing this, my first thought was that you meant the original Persona.:

63407_front.jpg

247736.jpg247735.jpg

247767.jpg

Yes random encounters and isometric rooms wherein you can't walk diagonally will waste your time, but brewing coffee and bonding won't.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

For me it was Friends of Mineral Town which draw me in to the genre. Autumn was my "get rich" season due to planting so many eggplant. XD I remember those days...

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Trails? Trails, is that you?

Yes, there is a grid in a JRPG. Is the combat good? I would say it is not. This was the only Persona to try a grid, and it came out in 1996, whereas the first Myth of Great People: Pathways Belonging to the Air, came out in 2004. I haven't tried the latter, but I tried the former, and it isn't bad, but fairly simple and definitely dated. I can imagine things would be much better in a game released eight years later.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For me it was Friends of Mineral Town which draw me in to the genre. Autumn was my "get rich" season due to planting so many eggplant. XD I remember those days...

How can one not be drawn to eggplants/aubergines? Their dark purple color and plump, elongated shape draws the eye to them like few other crops. Not to mention regrowth plants tend to be better, or at least seem better, financially than single-harvest crops in HM/SoS. Yet since then, I have learned they're too bleh for my tastebuds. I've actually managed to grow one or two eggplants IRL, but then I realized I'm not willing to make the serious commitments gardening calls for. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

z1PHgRx.jpg
So funny story Alisa, you actually can’t carry your save over to CS3.

Wait, lol—

C9vqhoN.jpg
Armagon posted this before and I assumed it was an edit, but this is actually in the game lmaooo.

So anyway I finished act 2 of Cold Steel 2. The pacing wasn’t horrible when you get used to it, it was just atrociously paced within the story. Even when I did get used to it, though, it wasn’t as good as act one. Time for the finale!

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I have heard only whispers in the hearts of mortal men... in that I don't know what exactly is in it, so it doesn't count. Actually it was one of the first things I heard about, but it was in a "getting into Trails" video and not this thread. But it'll be a while before I see it myself, so I'd rather not talk about it now.

Truthfully, I worded that post in a way where I would get that response and I could post the Heavy video. My planning skills know no bounds.

OH MY GOSH I DIDNT GIVE AWAY A TRAILS SPOILER

Yes, victory! This is a note to Trails teeheers (read: me) do not mention Star Door 15. It doesn’t exist, there is no Star Door 15.

Screenshot_20220316-232032_Twitter.jpg

Ruben crying tears of joy that another beared man will be recognized by mainstream Fire Emblem fans.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean, there has almost always been a bachelorette who, IMO, look a little too young to wed.:

And Rune Factory 5 is continuing that with Fuka, which gets extra weird because i'm pretty sure she was raised as a feral child but then again, Tarzan is one of the most popular stories out there so...

Yoooooooooo. There's Rune Factory talk here?! I am so excited to play 5!! If anyone is interested in playing it, honestly just start with 4. Its on 3ds, Switch and Steam.

Rune factory is basically a spin off of the iconic Havest Moon series except better in every way. It gives you that Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons itch but with RPG elements, Dungeons, more customizability and exploration. It's super addicting. I honestly find it more fun than Animal Crossing sometimes (which is what I consider the standard for simulation type games). This one comes close.

Not sure which bachelorette I am choosing yet, but I look forward to getting to know all the characters 🥰 I love this series so much and it deserves all the attention after what happened during 3 and 4. Glad to see people excited for it!! Imma stream the heck out of this when it comes out lol It's a great series, nothing quite like it.

7 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Yoooooooooo. There's Rune Factory talk here?! I am so excited to play 5!! If anyone is interested in playing it, honestly just start with 4. Its on 3ds, Switch and Steam.

Rune factory is basically a spin off of the iconic Havest Moon series except better in every way. It gives you that Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons itch but with RPG elements, Dungeons, more customizability and exploration. It's super addicting. I honestly find it more fun than Animal Crossing sometimes (which is what I consider the standard for simulation type games). This one comes close.

Not sure which bachelorette I am choosing yet, but I look forward to getting to know all the characters 🥰 I love this series so much and it deserves all the attention after what happened during 3 and 4. Glad to see people excited for it!! Imma stream the heck out of this when it comes out lol It's a great series, nothing quite like it.

Oh, another RF fan.

Who did you choose in 3 and 4?

@twilitfalchion

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03

New patch for ER! Seems like it's a pretty big one. To nonexhaustively sum it up for you...

-More smithing stones, and they have higher drop rates. Furthermore, they can now be purchased from earlygame. This is quite poggers, as the zoomers say. For me, this just makes the game so much better to have the option to use more weapons.

-Expansion of some questlines

-You can now mark down NPCs on the map

-Fixed a bug that caused Arcane scaling not to work properly

-General buffs to shields

-Cracked Pot offensive items deal more damage

-Buffs to many sorceries

-Nerfs to Bloody Slash and Hoarfrost Stomp

-Mimic Tear Spirit has been nerfed. Sadge.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

@twilitfalchion

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03

New patch for ER! Seems like it's a pretty big one. To nonexhaustively sum it up for you...

-More smithing stones, and they have higher drop rates. Furthermore, they can now be purchased from earlygame. This is quite poggers, as the zoomers say. For me, this just makes the game so much better to have the option to use more weapons.

-Expansion of some questlines

-You can now mark down NPCs on the map

-Fixed a bug that caused Arcane scaling not to work properly

-General buffs to shields

-Cracked Pot offensive items deal more damage

-Buffs to many sorceries

-Nerfs to Bloody Slash and Hoarfrost Stomp

-Mimic Tear Spirit has been nerfed. Sadge.

Nice. Smithing stones being more plentiful will be good all around.

sees that Transient Moonlight isn't being nerfed

ahahahahaahah

Nice.

Seriously though, kinda surprised they didn't nerf it, but I'm not complaining.

>mimic tear nerfed

My only reason for fighting Radahn.

Welp. It's probably still decently strong, I hope.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, another RF fan.

Who did you choose in 3 and 4?

I only played 4 and Frontier. Forte was my girl but all of them are great tbh. I love all the characters so much!! 🥰