• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Simp? Sucks? Sandwich?

Obviously he's referring to Solitaire. The RF5 haters want people to play Solitaire instead. Oh, the humanity!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You fool. You utter, complete, absolute failure of a man. I've said it so many times, I'm no fan of Sylvis. I am impervious to your attack! What are you going to do now?

I can't believe you're committing blasphemy Ruben.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then I saw this side-by-side.:

07a1c1c4d2eb09626c01ed82f21777653e4246b8

Frontier was kinda quaint for a Wii game I admit.

I do wonder what happened here.

I just don't see it.

Speaking of not seeing things, so far, the framerate issues that reviewers made a huge deal about....are not as bad as they claim. Yes it does dip every time you leave a house but it lasts for like two seconds. I've seen way worse framerate dips in other games.

or worse, the S Word.Ā 

Oh yeah, i immediately disregarded reviews that said to play Stardew instead. Stardew Valley was so boring as sin with some of the ugliest character portraits known to man and i only ever had fun with it in the multiplayer.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, i immediately disregarded reviews that said to play Stardew instead. Stardew Valley was so boring as sin with some of the ugliest character portraits known to man and i only ever had fun with it in the multiplayer.

Oh, Stardew? Would've thought SoS first, haha.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Maybe 5 with intended for the 3DS at first?

Factually impossible because the devs ended up going bankrupt after RF4 (the game didn't cause it tho). I forget exactly what happened but they reformed or were bought into a new studio. RF4S was their first game, this being their second.

I do suspect that the reasom RF5'sĀ technical quality lies around here.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Factually impossible because the devs ended up going bankrupt after RF4 (the game didn't cause it tho). I forget exactly what happened but they reformed or were bought into a new studio. RF4S was their first game, this being their second.

I do suspect that the reasom RF5'sĀ technical quality lies around here.

Marvelous hired many of the employees.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe you're committing blasphemy Ruben.

Hating on Sylvis is blasphemy? Then you admit you love her, which by extension, means you love something about Berwick. You played yourself!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hating on Sylvis is blasphemy? Then you admit you love her, which by extension, means you love something about Berwick. You played yourself!

Yes i do wish Sylvis was in TRS instead.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You said it.Ā Don't blame me when the police ask about the dissectedĀ kitten nailed to your door. How else am I supposed to react?

As I've said before, I've never played that game and don't actually dislike it. If it drew more people into the genre, that's great even. But to me, there is no infinitely replayable game, and a genre deserves more than one title.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do wonder what happened here.

I take it the camera, like ToD, is unfixedĀ in RF5. Frontier keeps the camera at fixed angle, which makes it closer to the top-down approach of the portable games, if not at as high an angle. Having to account for just oneĀ perspective makes everything easier to design.

To quickly find a comparison image for ToD.:

rune_factory_oceans_image11.jpg

PS3 version obviously. But the Wii version was similar I think.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yes i do wish Sylvis was in TRS instead.

Well, TRS does have Raquel.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

You said it.Ā Don't blame me when the police ask about the dissectedĀ kitten nailed to your door. How else am I supposed to react?

What did the kitty do to you!? The kitty didn't say Stairdoo! Nail Armagon to the door instead, he's the one at fault here!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But to me, there is no infinitely replayable game, and a genre deserves more than one title.

You hear that, Nintendo? That's why you really need to get off your asses and make F-Zero GX 2

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It actually is if you know how to use your units

This.

I first felt the same about Berwick, but as i played through it, iĀ realised I was way too quick to judge.

Youtube suddenly rec'd

to me

I googles this and it seems to be a cool pokemon hack or something, so this might be my first foray into pokemon since like

Maybe

I already dl'd it to play on mobile when i am on bed and failing to sleep which happensĀ like every day