Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Even then, i only maxed out one Confidant (Tae), not couting Maruki's Confidant, who i had to max out as a requirement to even unlock the Royal storyline (the game does not tell you this at all) and Kasumi's Confidant, which temporarily maxes out at Lv.5 during the main storyline.

Only 2 outside story ones? And 2 of them not even started? That is not vert many.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There's two Confidants i didn't even start i think (the reporter lady and the one good politician speaking in Shibuya appearently).

Oof, those are some interesting ones right there.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TBF, I'm told getting everyone to max Confidant on a first playthrough almost requires a guide.

At least original Persona 5 was one of the easiest games to max the Confidants with. Some of the powers associated with the Fortune Teller make it a LOT easier, and my brother managed to Max Confidants without a guide with well over a week in-game to spare. I started with a guide, but dropped it part way in, even though I was going for the achievements that required in-game time, as it was real easy to get into an efficient rhythm, and felt unnecessary. Royal version probably made this a bit harder...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

You know, it's fitting that I made my first run the evil pragmatist dick run. I'm going for a more generic naïve fairy tale protagonist approach now,

Spoiler

Y'know, until the end, where I'm 75% sure I'll do Roland's horrible route.

and it's getting me into WAY more difficult skirmishes. I like that. My complaints about the evil choices not being justified because everything needs to work due to this being a videogame lose a bit of weight when they grant the benefit of easier battles. Or maybe it's just that I'm on NG+ Hard now, but seriously, this feels so much tougher.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

PSP.

That's the one I played too. Perhaps the SNES version is better. Or perhaps it'd be better to just install the one mod everyone plays over the standard game. One Vision, I think it's called? I've had an itch to give that one a whirl a few times, but the problem is that it's been in constant development for years, so I never know when would be a good time to nab it.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

No wonder Ruben's so Kurt with these games.

Ah wha?

After a day's break, I got back to Berwick.

Chapter 8 main mission began very easy, too easy. I withdrew on turn 19, by which point the map had become very hairy. All enemies being non-ambush (yay!) reinforcements that arrive in small batches makes them a cinch. It's not the NPC withdrawal or the strength of the opposition that is the problem, it's that you have to escape too, and within a time limit. Once you begin to pull back from the front, then the enemies can build up a sufficient critical mass with which they can kill you. Maybe I began my retreat too early, or too unwisely. I also managed to actually use Thaddy's Provoke + Evasion combo for once to save the NPC bishop from an oversight of mine, but I reallllly wish Thaddy's Evasion last until he actually moved, and not merely until he took another action, even it if it is nothing but Wait.

Arthur did join, my panic concerns were unwarranted. And Sherpa the anime Scotsman did too of course. The sounds of flogging isn't something I expected to hear, but whips and torture are realistic. Looking at the next two maps, the first is creepy old men with an open plain, imperials, forced Christine, and civilians in need of escape. Seems like the harder of the two, I'll save it for later.

The infamous snow map has arrived I see, but honestly it doesn't look too bad. Halved movement and forced Marcel at 1 move is tedious, but I can grin and bear with it. I don't see any fog, nor vile win/lose conditions, nor painful bonus objectives. Bandits with ice axes and not hindered by the snow, yet by this point the banditry of Berwick is ceasing to be threatening. I know at least one ice dragon will show up, which, given the Fire wyrm was weak to Wind and the inevitable Thunder reptile can't be weak to itself, means it must be weak to Fire. Missing the first Soma means Enid hasn't promoted yet, even so, Aegina might be able to roast it with plain old Fire. And if not, maybe the oddity of increased crit vulnerability on dragons means I could give Larentia that Ladyblade again and lay on the pain that way.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or perhaps it'd be better to just install the one mod everyone plays over the standard game. One Vision, I think it's called? I've had an itch to give that one a whirl a few times, but the problem is that it's been in constant development for years, so I never know when would be a good time to nab it.

Oh yeah, I played that! The best change it made was making it so crafting wasnt RNG. I know you can save abuse it, but thats annoying so just better to make it 100%.

They also nerfed elemental averse, which was busted in the vanilla game.

So today i got called in to work. Only three hours tho, 12-3.

This had the ended benefit of me going to the GameStop right next door right before clocking in to pick up my Kirby pre-order. 

20220325_152539.jpg?width=576&height=432

The pin set is the pre-order bonus but the plush wasn't. They only had that one plush for sale. It is now mine. Being called in to work when you were supposed to be off actually ended up beneficial.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, those are some interesting ones right there.

I completely forgot about the reporter lady until November when i finally got to start the fortune teller's storyline.

The one good politician apparently, i saw that he required some personality statcheck and i just didn't care and forgot about him.

.....ah. Speaking of personality statchecks, i never got to Guts Lv.4. Which means i never started his storyline at all. Weird that they put such an absurdely high requirement when it can be started right after conquering Kamoshida's Palace.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Royal version probably made this a bit harder...

I hear Royal made numerous improvements to the gameplay so idk how true this is. I know stuff like Hifumi's first rank grants you the ability to swap midfight, whereas in vanilla, it was the last ability she gives you.

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh yeah, I played that! The best change it made was making it so crafting wasnt RNG. I know you can save abuse it, but thats annoying so just better to make it 100%.

I don't think I ever used crafting in my run, so I don't know how much that would affect my experience.

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's nice, I guess, but... My problem with TO:LUCT was how mandatory grinding was. This doesn't sound like the mod changes that... Oh well. I suppose I can still give it a shot at some point, though I expect these classics will just not feel as good compared to Triangle Strategy.

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

One Vision is nice. Sadly it's still TO lol so it's still kind of a nasty and dull grind with constant ineffectual nonsense.

Edited by Neoleo21

16 minutes ago, Neoleo21 said:

One Vision is nice. Sadly it's still TO lol so it's still kind of a nasty and dull grind with constant ineffectual nonsense.

Oof.

Yeah, I'll stick with Triangle Strategy for the foreseeable future, then.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's nice, I guess, but... My problem with TO:LUCT was how mandatory grinding was. This doesn't sound like the mod changes that...

boo-hoo, Ruben.

23 minutes ago, Neoleo21 said:

Hey I never said it was without the same serious flaws, just that crafting RNG was not longer among them. TO is still a nightmare to simply play through, no doubt about it.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The one good politician apparently, i saw that he required some personality statcheck and i just didn't care and forgot about him.

.....ah. Speaking of personality statchecks, i never got to Guts Lv.4. Which means i never started his storyline at all. Weird that they put such an absurdely high requirement when it can be started right after conquering Kamoshida's Palace.

Never reached level 2 Proficiency? If this is blind play, I could see you never bothering with getting a part-time job at the Beef Bowl shop he frequents that is needed to get his started.

Just now, Sooks said:

Good afternoon Teehee! I hope everyone is having a great day.

Having a good time. I'm killing people by whacking them over the head with a sign that says "Play Berwick Saga."

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Having a good time.

Glad to hear it—

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm killing people by whacking them over the head with a sign that says "Play Berwick Saga."

Wait, no! Please spare me! I’ll play it one day!

Now’s probably not the best time to mention that I’m just bored without much to do. Unless I want to play something but ehhh…

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Glad to hear it—

Wait, no! Please spare me! I’ll play it one day!

You cannot escape from the B. Saga.

Now’s probably not the best time to mention that I’m just bored without much to do. Unless I want to play something but ehhh…

If you are not down to playing Berwick Saga.

You can play Vandal Hearts 2.

A game for the PS1.

A system that does not require as heavy a rig as Berwick Saga.

So uh.

Y'know.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

CS III time?

>Cold Steel

>Cure to boredom

Well, I guess I wouldn’t be bored if I embroiled all of Teehee in a war again…

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I guess I wouldn’t be bored if I embroiled all of Teehee in a war again…

No listen, playing the games I like is way better than playing the games Shrimpy and Cosmo dislike

Because I said so

Do not defy me or I will clobber you with the Berwick sign

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No listen, playing the games I like is way better than playing the games Shrimpy and Cosmo dislike

Say what.

I dont dislike it, is completely detest them, theres a difference!