Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Decided to change up my avi, once every three months is good to me. Hadn't thought of what to use in advance, and I latched onto something else first. But then, I remember that this is Autism Awareness Day (and Autism Awareness Month), so I decided to opt for the one perfectly ordinary video game character, who although never stated to be autistic, screams it so loudly to me that I can't possibly think it otherwise.

Phog admittedly isn't the most interesting of avi choices, but eventually I found a close up of him pointing a gun, which gives it some dynamism and doesn't leave the impression of him being an absentminded normal-looking boring kid. Sure in context he's pointing the firearm at a crystal that readily diffuses, not an actual threat, but it nonetheless reminds me he can fight like everyone else. Now if only I was as useful as he, even if he is strictly inferior to Elma gameplay-wise.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's like the exact opposite of Xeno, which, due to various circumstances, had most of it's games be shorter than intended (lol Xenoblade X being shorter than intended, that game is still gargantuan).

*Removes the premise of visiting multiple planets*

That sounds like a shrinking, even if multi-planetary would've meant each planet would be only one region/environment (And, I think floating islands, giants, and Titans are a better way of doing this one-off approach. Space is too vast and dark, a big blue sky is smaller, brighter, and still allows for a thin notion of cohesiveness and unity that space does not.). 

59 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Lmao

Ah, Grandia. I played the PS1 version. It was... okay. A thoroughly second-rate kid-friendly JRPG, if not a bad one.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Also 50 characters is just way too much for non srpgs

Just turn like 35 of them into glorified pieces of equipment, that ought to be a viable fix.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

My reaction to seeing the shattered “thing” on the floor which I think maybe my heart:

Sorry about that. I’m sure your 30’s will be better 😉

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ayyy, Garo and Norton appreciation! I do find the lack of Berwick disturbing, though... Don't tell me you're one of those heretics who fancy themselves Kaga elitist but don't particularly enjoy his magnum opus...

I had some Berwick names, just not ones i ended up using on my main team. There weren't that many Pokemon I caught that fit with Berwick characters.

I had a Pikachu from the Power Plant named Percy, and a second Meowth named Ruby...that was it, I think.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

All this time I never knew what six numbers meant either.

Cursed or enlightened to know now, depending on perspective.

Knowledge can only be a blessing

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Decided to change up my avi, once every three months is good to me. Hadn't thought of what to use in advance, and I latched onto something else first. But then, I remember that this is Autism Awareness Day (and Autism Awareness Month), so I decided to opt for the one perfectly ordinary video game character, who although never stated to be autistic, screams it so loudly to me that I can't possibly think it otherwise.

Is it? Good thing that my pfp matches then

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'm not far in line behind you. -I don't want to be reminded of that. Birthdays stop being a happy occasion after 21.

It took until 21 for you?

Triangle Strategy’s gameplay is actually pretty good.

I’m also learning the hard way that I play way too recklessly, probably from FE. I need to get used to the fact that when I throw a non Erador unit ahead of everyone else to take care of some enemies, they will die.

Anyway, this most recent map is basically an “escape” map where you make a beeline for the bridge but you have to clear all the enemies on the bridge in order to escape, all the while reinforcements come from the other side of the map and will get to the bridge/overwhelm you if you take too long/play too safely. Good stuff, especially at the end when there were only like two enemies left on the bridge but the reinforcements were just about to step on to it and I barely won.

13 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Is it? Good thing that my pfp matches then

Yep. Apparently the UN declared it official back in late 2007. Not sure when I first became aware of this, but I believe it happened back when I was in middle school, so pretty early on. (I originally mistook the day as falling on April 1st, which could've been really implicitly insulting if that were actually the case, as Autism Awareness would then have fallen on April Fools' Day.) My community must've caught on to the holiday rather early, judging from puzzle-piece bumper stickers and school fundraisers.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh don't worry, even in high school, I believe I started getting a little melancholic when my birthday rolled around. It's just all downhill now.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Binding Blade was essentially FE3 2 tbf.

I still think BinBla is conciously setting up its story beats to mirror Akaneia, just to then subvert them, at least most of the time. Perceval is very, very Camus-y (minus a relation to Nyna Guinivere) - but you can recruit him. You have the two red-haired wyvern siblings, the sister joins you first - but Zeiss turns out to be a decent guy and will swich sides eventually. Elphin basically narrates the opening of Book 2 to Roy in a "hey, this might totally be happening in Lycia right now" - but it turns out that he's just seeing if Roy can remain level-headed. Lilina is Mage!Shiida. ...ok, not much subversion there, really.

My birthday has never been something I've thought much of, but I'd say it was around 18 or so that I really started to care less and less about it.

Once you hit adulthood, it just becomes another day on the calendar.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

My birthday has never been something I've thought much of, but I'd say it was around 18 or so that I really started to care less and less about it.

Once you hit adulthood, it just becomes another day on the calendar.

Why do you think I’m an alcoholic Twilit?

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh don't worry, even in high school, I believe I started getting a little melancholic when my birthday rolled around. It's just all downhill now.

Me who turned 21 this year

https://i.redd.it/qdwvp986q5z71.jpg

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

There are some things in the world better left unknown, I'd say.

But then you would just be running away from the truth.

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

But then you would just be running away from the truth.

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Gentlemen what we of the legal drinking age need at this time is a good gin and coke, preferably with three shots in it of course.

@twilitfalchion @Newtype06

I'll stick with coffee and tea, thanks much. 😃

Come now Acacia Sgt, there’s nothing wrong with indulging in a little alcoholic sin every once in a while. Take me for example. In this context I sin virtually every day of the week, and almost every hour of the day when I can help it.

Edited by WraithReborn

The irony of saying that when Holy Week is just a week away.

Anyway... still no thanks. The only times I've ever consumed anything alcoholic was maybe during Eucharist at Mass (and even then it wasn't even a thing happening often to use the wine at the Churches I went; there's lots of debates on the subject even with the bread over gluten concerns), and I'm going to keep it that way.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, here I was trying to be prepared for the big decision from the demo by making sure to up my liberty, only for them to change the decision I was going for from liberty to morality. That was actually kind of smart of the devs.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The irony of saying that when Holy Week is just a week away.

Which makes it the perfect time to have confession with a Smoking Bishop!

Screen-Shot-2022-04-02-at-12-11-29-PM.pn

-Well, no actually. This is more an Xmas thing. But why must boiling port be limited to the winter months? Neither do oranges nor all the spices stirred into the drink grow anywhere chilly, it's a tradition that we needn't obey.

In religious matters, Ramadan starts today as a coincidental side note.

46 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Me who turned 21 this year

https://i.redd.it/qdwvp986q5z71.jpg

I'm always reminded of this one old man villain in a b-grade game I played who, upon returning to this world after being sealed for some years and on seeing an old friend, has this to say- "Time doesn't care about us". Indeed, time is vicious, time is heartless, time is unrelenting. Without its passage there is no existence, but with its passage, all existence changes and eventually fades. Its arrow flies beautifully through the air of space and matter, but stings like little else the same.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

https://torako.wakarimasen.moe/file/torako/v/image/1615/76/1615763029880.png

Ah yes, deflecting rather than admitting, always a favorite argument of mine!

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Sky was like that too!!!1!!!1!!!

Right, I forgot!