• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say that at least in Part 4, a lot of folks are pretty broken Dawn Brigade lmaooooooooo so the rout isn't.....too bad. And if you are fast enough, you can take them all out before the reinforcements come.

Abundant reinforcements might be a threat or a nuisance in the right/wrong circumstances. Or, they can be an honest joy.

Earlier today I was playing an SRW map where technically, I could've finished it on turn 4, but I instead waited until turn 6 and destroyed another, oh, 20 enemies in the process. And I had fun last night blowing up probably 40 mooks I didn't need to wipe out to win. I couldn't resist the allure of extra cash and pilot points. Fast & easy deletion made it enjoyable for me. Slower and more difficult destruction would've been a different story.

Since enemies in RD Part 4 tend not to be too dangerous, I hadn't any qualms with the mansion battle or the swamp Laguz summons. The other fights, maybe some criticisms of enemies that warp in at inconvenient locations where my squishy units are sheltering. But, my real problem with Part 4 (besides the desert) was that the plot of RD is so long that I always felt fatigued on the first turn of 4-P. No, presently being on Episode 43 of OGs2 and still vigorously and happily pressing on does not make me hypocritical!

20 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Is that an utopia i am dreaming of?

It's only a utopia because it's what you don't have.

In another world, you got exactly what you're thinking of right now. You very much liked it, but you weren't 100% content, you wanted yet more, and your innocent hunger is to blame for your current discontent. You thoughts of things that sounded nice on paper, not brought into execution in ways you couldn't have imagined possible. By naively pining for these things, your other self triggered a butterfly effect over the dimensional boundary that altered CS into the thing you know it as. You are to blame for your own unhappiness. Or, maybe the you that you are came first and altered CS for your parallel copy, or maybe it's a time loop and which side is culpable cannot be determined.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ow Acey of you with all that aesthetic attraction there (or is it a Husbando thing)

Neither, more just me not really thinking of characters in that way, I suppose

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Shouldn’t I play PoR first?

Yes, 100%

RD makes no sense w/o PoR

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

”blood pact bad” is like one of the two things I know about RD, the other being that “part 4 bad”

part 4's not bad either

------

FQMe4WoX0AM2h1W?format=jpg&name=large

shameless flirt

respectable

39 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Probably one of the OG plans (Olivier MC or Alisa MC and Rean Antagonist)

Wait, what? We were gonna have Olivier MC?

Alisa’s pretty meh (better than most of CS characters tho) but even that’s preferable to Rean.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

also first sweet potato crops planted let's go

mmm my favorite moneymaker

I'm still making money off of leeks. Good early game moneymakers in both RF4 and 5.

A shame no seasonal fields for best results tho.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, my real problem with Part 4 (besides the desert) was that the plot of RD is so long that I always felt fatigued on the first turn of 4-P.

Yeah that's kind of like the issue. The reinforcements go on for too long.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was not aware we were robbed of this.

I am now upset.

Imagine how i felt when i read that interview lol

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, maybe the you that you are came first and altered CS for your parallel copy, or maybe it's a time loop and which side is culpable cannot be determined.

Shrimpy 3Hopes

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what? We were gonna have Olivier MC?

Yes, but that's like the very original plan iirc. last one before current Alisa MC and Rean Antagonist with an Estelle/Joshua like dynamic, before the roles got replaced by Rean and Crow. Got scraped because it was too similiar to Estelle/Joshua

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm not one for waifus but...

...Actually no, I'm still not really one for waifus. I do really like Say'ri though, even if there isn't much to her

I know absolutely nothing about this woman.

And that will probably remain that way, because Barlowe is benched and as far as I recall she's one of Awakening's few Robinsexuals.

Oof.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Still, this Awakening arc is adding much to that character trait it seems, a perfect evolution from the Fates arc if I may be so bold.

Well, if you say so.

I'll be waiting eagerly for the Three Houses arc

You can wait for the rest of days. I have given that game more chances than it deserves.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Skywalker Saga is actually the worst game ever made.

I know, right? Deplorable.

...Then again, it acknowledges so many memes that I can forgive them for missing one or two.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

I forgot how much of a slog Lyn mode can be. It’s honestly worryingly easy, I didn’t accidentally select normal mode, did I?

No, Lyn mode is just not worth playing. An hour of boredom for what, Marcus 2? Bleh.

Maybe instead of doing this, I could play Awakening with teehee’s favorite mod. But if not all of the ambush spawns have been reduced to atoms then… hmm…

There's like, two paralogues with ambush spawns, and the modder is on it. By the time you reach any paralogues the fix will probably be out. Either way, far better idea than playing Blazing Sword.

7 hours ago, Elina said:

On a different note, I’ve bought almost all the dlc for Awakening but I still have some left. Should I buy that or revelation for fates, (because I’ve only played conquest and birthright)?

Bit late, I know, but... Ehhhh I'd say Rev, but that's an unpopular opinion. As Sooks said, this thread happens to house the few people who unironically enjoy Revelation.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Shouldn’t I play PoR first?

Probably. I really doubt you'll enjoy PoR, though. I mean, only one way to find out for sure, but PoR is just... so horrendously boring.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Not it you wanna get bored of the easy difficulty ASAP. 

RD is literally superior imo.  Run speed, gameplay, graphics, story, characters, all superior to PoR.

Yes, basically.

I mean, not that I personally find RD much more enjoyable, but compared to PoR, it certainly is.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

”blood pact bad” is like one of the two things I know about RD, the other being that “part 4 bad”

I still say part 3 is worse.

...Honestly, RD just takes such a massive dive in its second half. Arguably from part 2, even. That part already suffers from a big lack of difficulty due to your entire team being broken prepromotes. But since it's just getting started, there's still a little ways to go before the issue becomes overbearing. By the time Ike steps in, Pelleas is pretty much the only good thing about the game. But then again, that's another unpopular opinion. I seem to love Pelleas far more than most.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, Lyn mode is just not worth playing. An hour of boredom for what, Marcus 2? Bleh.

There's something to say about the fact that I know a few people who were put off entirely from the series because their first encounter with it was Lyn Mode. I should note, given the fact I got bored and didn't give the series a second chance for four years... I was very close to being one of them.

Probably. I really doubt you'll enjoy PoR, though. I mean, only one way to find out for sure, but PoR is just... so horrendously boring.

Because the enemies on the higher difficulties prioritize staying alive over doing damage.... which always turns out painful. No exceptions. Who wants to spend turn after turn chasing down an enemy while they run away to heal?

5 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

There's something to say about the fact that I know a few people who were put off entirely from the series because their first encounter with it was Lyn Mode. I should note, given the fact I got bored and didn't give the series a second chance for four years... I was very close to being one of them.

Best tutorial.

The problem with Lyn mode is that it only really works if the person playing has never played a strategy game in their entire lives. That's why it didn't hurt my enjoyment, I knew so little about these games when I played FE7 that it was a perfectly fine tutorial for me. It taught me the very basics, which I needed. And even then, I was stumbling around the game for my first couple of runs.

If you've any more experience than that, though, I can see how it'd be incredibly off-putting. It's so... basic.

Because the enemies on the higher difficulties prioritize staying alive over doing damage.... which always turns out painful. No exceptions. Who wants to spend turn after turn chasing down an enemy while they run away to heal?

I just love that in the Japanese maniac mode, they doubled down on the amount of enemies and their defenses while doing nothing about their awful offense. It's like they were going out of their way to intentionally make the most tedious and unenjoyable FE possible.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19xx. And I’m bored anyway.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best tutorial.

The problem with Lyn mode is that it only really works if the person playing has never played a strategy game in their entire lives. That's why it didn't hurt my enjoyment, I knew so little about these games when I played FE7 that it was a perfectly fine tutorial for me. It taught me the very basics, which I needed. And even then, I was stumbling around the game for my first couple of runs.

If you've any more experience than that, though, I can see how it'd be incredibly off-putting. It's so... basic.

These days I just keep a save file from the end of a run before the start of chapter 11 and just make a copy which I start from if I want to play Fe7 with Lyn mode done... and Nils at level 7.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just love that in the Japanese maniac mode, they doubled down on the amount of enemies and their defenses while doing nothing about their awful offense. It's like they were going out of their way to intentionally make the most tedious and unenjoyable FE possible.

If you think about it.. that does make it hard to play... just not in the intended way. Kind of like the Yied desert in FE4. You know by the time I got Sigurd through it, Reptor and his goons were already dead? He got to use Tyrfing in literally one fight all generation 1. 1 damn fight. I paid 50,000 for a weapon that I didn't even really get to use.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How is story superior if the Blood Pact exists?

Cause PoR has the equally as pointless first 6-7 chapters of the game that have basically nothing to do with the rest of the game, they are just there to introduce characters.

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Also not getting to know 1/2 the cast of RD who are developed in PoR is a pretty big detriment, i say

In the case of Ike, not knowing him in PoR makes it easier not to dislike him in RD. XD

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ehh, i'd say PoR gameplay is like......literal middle of the road.

That's fair, i'm still gonna disagree but your opinion and all.

Oh and look at that. Vanillaware's first game after becoming Vanillaware is getting remastered. A 2D RTS sounds interesting enough. *reads up* OH WAIT, KATIMANI USED ATELIER AS INSPIRATION FOR SETTING OF THIS GAME?! BROOOOO THAT'S SO BASED (oh and he also used Harry Potter for setting inspiration. Eh, who cares about that).

Considering that this game is releasing for the Switch, it seems Vanillaware has now taken full interest in the console and 13 Sentinels' Switch port wasn't just for show. Japan release only for now but it should be in the West soon. Only two of Vanillaware's games never made it overseas, both of them were exclusive to handhelds (Grand Knights History did have a localization planned tho).

Anyways this be a day one purchase. Vanillaware has joined the ranks of Monolith Soft, Inti Creates and RadFish where any game they put out is a day one purchase because that's the faith i have in them.

7 hours ago, Julizan said:

5DOYIaB.jpg

finally

This game was simply wonderful

Congrats. I'm still going through the Forgo Isles.

49 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Cause PoR has the equally as pointless first 6-7 chapters of the game that have basically nothing to do with the rest of the game, they are just there to introduce characters.

No wait but that's a good thing. 

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No wait but that's a good thing.

Not when it's the "hey i appear for two chapters and then dissappear for the entire game!" standard FE style.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not when it's the "hey i appear for two chapters and then dissappear for the entire game!" standard FE style.

Oh yes, that is true.

Still, it's not as bad a you claim. Six chapters out of a 30 chapter game. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh yes, that is true.

Still, it's not as bad a you claim. Six chapters out of a 30 chapter game. 

I mean, any later character it's one chapter then "poof" instead for the most part though.

That was just my example, since i was kinda in a rush.