Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

NOOOOO PRISCILLAAAAAAA

I didn’t realize the pirates would get to the village so quickly. Of all the units to lose, why’d it have to be one of my favorites? Why’d it have to be Erk’s wife? Why couldn’t it have been like, Rebecca? Sorry Wil.

Well, looks like Serra will have to stick around, since I need a new wife for Erk healer.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I look back at all the modding things I posted, and all the notes, and I realise: I have a gift that I take for granted, and I hate that. Its a 95% self taught hobby that people tell me all the time is amazing, but i blow it off. 

Its better than being arrogant about it, sure, but I get the impression others believe i should take pride in what i've accomplished. Maybe i'm overlooking things?

I wouldn’t say there’s a lot to overlook, you should be proud of you taught yourself something that complex.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Speaking about Tellius...

There's a chinese hack that's being translated to english that remakes the Tellius games (both 9 and 10) into GBA engine.

5391eaaefe3486309c49a8c7add11d2c4e8b1623

98e65c1501737291e56eecb0f28a146ef12b68f4

91d891de774189adef52f2b07e15e63510f86ecc

There're quite a few changes from the Tellius games, more supports, etc.

Link: https://feuniverse.us/t/fe9-re-done-fe10-re-done-rebuild-fe9-10-in-gba-use-fe8-translation-in-progess/10243

I am very interested in this ngl

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

NOOOOO PRISCILLAAAAAAA

I didn’t realize the pirates would get to the village so quickly. Of all the units to lose, why’d it have to be one of my favorites? Why’d it have to be Erk’s wife? Why couldn’t it have been like, Rebecca? Sorry Wil.

Well, looks like Serra will have to stick around, since I need a new wife for Erk healer.

24 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

POV: You're Ike

2Dsc1jJ.png

*Wraith sighs*

A dramatization of Newtype struggling with his feelings about his sheep like waifu:

Edited by WraithReborn

5 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Oshi no Ko is Aka in his edgy mood heh. I actually like it more than Kaguya (especially with Kaguya'd last arc) and sm lovin it.

Also suffering based

Yeah, i know you've recommended it to me in the past but i think imma pass on it. Especially if it goes down the predicted route of "he suffered a lot but now he's finally happy. We can't allow that".

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

mean, who doesn't in this day and age when paper & writing by hand have fallen to the wayside with the revolution brought on by computers? 

Good point. Though i remember when my teachers would dock points because my handwriting is shit. And no, they wouldn't let me type the papers.

I mean some did in Highschool.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

NOOOOO PRISCILLAAAAAAA

I didn’t realize the pirates would get to the village so quickly.

Bro how? You must've been going extremely slow for that to happen. And i say that as an advocate of turtling.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

That's certainly a strong demon

Wdym that's just a Republican. 

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bro how? You must've been going extremely slow for that to happen. And i say that as an advocate of turtling.

That’s what I’m wondering. In my experience, I could always take my sweet time and it would be perfectly fine. Granted, this is my first time playing on this difficulty but it felt like the second I’d taken care of everything where your units spawn, they were there.

Although I wasn’t paying much attention to the village in the first place because I’m used to never having a problem, which probably exacerbated said problem.

Wdym that's just a Republican. 

What’s the difference?

Edited by Sooks

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IIRC, that boss battle began when the thing you actually fight crushes the giant bat in the palm of its hand, a gruesome surprise. I guess the devs felt a giant bat battle, which Castlevania had done before, was too boring to actually have in AoS.

Yeah, the giant bat gets crushed. That's why I thought if I returned there, I'd get to fight the giant bat. I hadn't realized that the soul I found in a jar in the next room, that lets me turn into a bat, was the giant bat's. Because I am very perceptive like that.

Overall, soul acquisition rates are higher than in Dawn of Sorrow I think. And you don't need to grind for nine copies to bring them to full power either, unlike Dawn and unfortunately Bloodstained.

Ahh, I didn't know that! That's cool. Definitely less tedious than either of those games, though I'll say, I don't think it's necessary to bring them to full power in those games if you don't want to. Besides, in Bloodstained there are alternate ways to upgrade shards.

For a GBA track, it's pretty darned good.

Probably the best track in the game. Then again, I feel the game's soundtrack is weaker than the other Igavanias I've played. GBA soundfont is mostly to blame, to be fair.

Can I just say that I'm sad that everyone calls this a tough fight, but for me it was nothing? His attacks were really slow and he didn't have many tricks up his sleeve. Took me all of two tries. If I hadn't used potions it might've taken me another try, but still. Easy fight, for me. The only truly tough boss in this game so far was Death. That one took a lot of tries...

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I look back at all the modding things I posted, and all the notes, and I realise: I have a gift that I take for granted, and I hate that. Its a 95% self taught hobby that people tell me all the time is amazing, but i blow it off. 

Its better than being arrogant about it, sure, but I get the impression others believe i should take pride in what i've accomplished. Maybe i'm overlooking things?

It is pretty impressive that you know your way around a game's entrails like that. But hey, you shouldn't force yourself to feel some way just because others expect you to feel like that. If you don't think it's that big of a big deal, there's no problem. And honestly, I agree with you. Better that than being arrogant.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

NOOOOO PRISCILLAAAAAAA

It's all part of the greater plan. Serra demands the blood of those who would oppose her reign.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Speaking about Tellius...

There's a chinese hack that's being translated to english that remakes the Tellius games (both 9 and 10) into GBA engine.

5391eaaefe3486309c49a8c7add11d2c4e8b1623

98e65c1501737291e56eecb0f28a146ef12b68f4

91d891de774189adef52f2b07e15e63510f86ecc

There're quite a few changes from the Tellius games, more supports, etc.

Link: https://feuniverse.us/t/fe9-re-done-fe10-re-done-rebuild-fe9-10-in-gba-use-fe8-translation-in-progess/10243

I am very interested in this ngl

I have seen this before. I thought it was funny how for a while, everyone was convinced that it was some sort of a prank, just because downloading the patch was so horrendously difficult that most people couldn't figure out there was a download at all.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

One of the advices says "A beautiful Nightmare" and there is an enemy named Nightmare, but it's not that soul.

To be fair, that's a pretty good description of a succubus. It's just unfortunate that there happens to be an enemy called nightmare.

44 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

POV: You're Ike

2Dsc1jJ.png

That's terrible. Why would you lewd Genny? For shame, 06.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bro how?

The rain. Everyone's favorite FE7 original mechanic.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I created a survey

Everybody join hands, we have important matters to discuss.

How can you do this?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How can you do this?

Google forms are a beautiful thing! The possibilities are endless, I honestly wish more silly quizzes and surveys would pop up on forums like this.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Google forms are a beautiful thing! The possibilities are endless, I honestly wish more silly quizzes and surveys would pop up on forums like this.

No no, I mean, how can you do this on an... ethical level.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

You know in hindsight I probably should've made a question that asked where the character was from but I'm sure I'll manage.

Luckily enough I was thoughtful enough to specify.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No no, I mean, how can you do this on an... ethical level.

Oh, hahaha!

The scientific community demands sacrifice, mate.

So yes! Come one! Come all! I promise I wont use this information against you.

...Not yet at least.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Luckily enough I was thoughtful enough to specify.

Mhm, thank you for that.

I'll refrain showing answers until I get enough submissions but I gotta say, very classy answers, Ruben.

You know, I’m wondering if my long break is having an effect on 13 Sentinels’ story now, since you’re supposed to piece everything together. Like I still remember the plot but a couple of the details are a little shaky.

I’m still seeing the stories come together though, so I’m not missing everything. But with the overall connected lore I feel like I might be.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The rain. Everyone's favorite FE7 original mechanic.

Ah yes, I forgot about this. I don’t think it would have made a difference because iirc Marcus was just a bit out of range but yeah, that too.

37 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I created a survey

Everybody join hands, we have important matters to discuss.

Is none an acceptable answer?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you don't have a fictional crush then go for the next best thing. Like a character you'd want to be friends with...or something.

Or just a character you really like.

All right, Aria of Sorrow done.

Weakest start of any Igavania I've played, but it got better as it went. The final area was really cool. Game was overall on the easier side, but then, I was playing quite casually. Didn't do no-damage or even no-potions on the bosses, I just wanted to have easy fun. It was also a smaller game than the other Igavanias I've played, too, but being on the GBA, it's understandable. Plot was not bad, because you can't really call something that doesn't exist bad. Each character got a grand total of two scenes and what little that happens is very predictable. Heck, they could've removed Yoko and it wouldn't even matter, she was completely useless. I get why she's here, but still. But that's okay, nobody plays these games for the plot. Graphics were fine for GBA. Same for the soundtrack.

Overall, it's a solid entry. I don't think I agree with all the people that lose their pants over it. The game definitely suffers from being on the GBA. It feels like it could've been a grander game but they had to be conservative to fit it in the GBA. Still, a very fun time, once you get past the first stretch.

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh, hahaha!

The scientific community demands sacrifice, mate.

So yes! Come one! Come all! I promise I wont use this information against you.

...Not yet at least.

Oky dokie!

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Mhm, thank you for that.

I'll refrain showing answers until I get enough submissions but I gotta say, very classy answers, Ruben.

Big McThankies.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah yes, I forgot about this. I don’t think it would have made a difference because iirc Marcus was just a bit out of range but yeah, that too.

Oof.

No, don't be a coward.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Woke: I relate to Kirby because we both have shit handwriting

Of course Kirby has bad handwriting; he doesn't have hands after all.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Have you forgotten about Rixia so soon? For shame Sooks.

FKeGi78aUAIMu5t.jpg

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.