Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so I just quickly dipped my toes into Portrait of Ruin. I knew that holding up makes the heroes do a funny animation, but I discovered that holding up for a few seconds makes them do a second funny animation. In Jonathan's case, he kinda pretends to hold (not play) an air guitar. Funky.

Charlotte goes "not bad huh" and makes a seductive pose facing the camera, complete with jiggle physics on her spheres.

A bit of advice: Do not use the Spirit of Light and the Piercing Beam spells.

I know there is at least one method that involves using them that will crash the game 100% of the time. But despite me never doing that specific series of actions, the game nevertheless started crashing a lot less for me once I stopped using those two spells altogether.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

A bit of advice: Do not use the Spirit of Light and the Piercing Beam spells.

I know there is at least one method that involves using them that will crash the game 100% of the time. But despite me never doing that specific series of actions, the game nevertheless started crashing a lot less for me once I stopped using those two spells altogether.

Duly noted. Thanks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did they never teach you to reach, Quetzal? It says "totally not Ruben again" there. I can vouch for Totally Not Ruben Again, I am not he. Or she.

That wasn't what tipped me off, it was that only you could name Izana as your husbando with the reasons that he confuses you.

I could've also given an answer like that so maybe that was just me and I didn't remember it.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also I thought you said you wouldn't share any answers until you had a lot of them.

I couldn't help it for this one.

Besides I probably wont count it since I'm only allowing on per person.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Duly noted. Thanks.

In the non-PAL versions, I think it's even possible to softlock the game if you skip cutscenes, or something along those lines.

You can switch between Japanese and English VA if you hold L (I think) when pressing Game Start. This means unlike in Ecclesia, you can actually play the bonus modes with either VAs, because you don't need to set the language in the actual menus. Because of course they never make any menus available in the bonus modes.

And speaking of bonus modes, the game has actually several of them. Richter & Maria Mode, Sisters Mode and Old Axe Armor mode. One more broken then the last.
Old Axe Armor mode also requires killing 1000 Old Axe Armors. I guess they figured since it's a stupid mode anyway, might as well make the requirement stupid too.

Edited by BrightBow

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That wasn't what tipped me off, it was that only you could name Izana as your husbando with the reasons that he confuses you.

Poirot Jr. ova here, are ya?

I could've also given an answer like that so maybe that was just me and I didn't remember it.

Oh.

Hah! Well, there you go. There are only two possible suspects, and since it's Totally Not Ruben Again, it can only be you. So yeah. Go get the amnesia checked.

I couldn't help it for this one.

I cannot blame you.

Besides I probably wont count it since I'm only allowing on per person.

So what you're saying is, you're challenging me to send more...

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

In the non-PAL versions, I think it's even possible to softlock the game if you skip cutscenes, or something along those lines.

Sheesh, what happened with this game? The rest of them aren't nearly this unstable...

You can switch between Japanese and English VA if you hold L (I think) when pressing Game Start. This means unlike in Ecclesia, you can actually play the bonus modes with either VAs, because you don't need to set the language in the actual menus. Because of course they never make any menus available in the bonus modes.

That's a cool feature that I will get zero milleage from, because I don't know Japanese.

Besides, if it's anything like Ecclesia, I'd rather keep it English. The entire cast of Ecclesia sounded like they were having a blast. Especially Barlowe. Barlowe got way into the character. Not that I'm complaining.

And speaking of bonus modes, the game has actually several of them. Richter & Maria Mode, Sisters Mode and Old Axe Armor mode. One more broken then the last.
Old Axe Armor mode also requires killing 1000 Old Axe Armors. I guess they figured since it's a stupid mode anyway, might as well make the requirement stupid too.

Oh yeah, I heard of that one. It sounds positively wonderful.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Well, there you go. There are only two possible suspects, and since it's Totally Not Ruben Again, it can only be you. So yeah. Go get the amnesia checked.

I already sent a few answers of my own, so yeah, wont that be an exciting reveal.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So what you're saying is, you're challenging me to send more...

Yeah of cour-Wait NO DON'T!

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I already sent a few answers of my own, so yeah, wont that be an exciting reveal.

What a shame I'll probably be sleeping when the answers are released.

Next time, think before you type.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Twilit has a harem, so I guess Rubenio can have one too. He just never struck me as the kind of guy who would have one.

Edited by WraithReborn

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What a shame I'll probably be sleeping when the answers are released.

Ah shame. Hopefully you'll be able to see it in the morning.

There's still some peeps who haven't submitted their answers so I'm waiting on them.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

590732935653621760.webp?size=96&quality=

Hey, you’re among friends, no need to be so coy Twilit. As for me? I’m a one girl kind of guy. Just because my waifu is an immortal near demigoddess who is the walking, talking definition of Chaotic Neutral doesn’t cast any unflattering aspirations on me. So what if Catcher makes Tharja look chaste and saintly by comparison, it’s the being able to speak using the voices of her victims that makes her an interesting character.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Hey, you’re among friends, no need to be so coy Twilit. As for me? I’m a one girl kind of guy. Just because my waifu is an immortal near demigoddess who is the walking, talking definition of Chaotic Neutral doesn’t cast any unflattering aspirations on me. So what if Catcher makes Tharja look chaste and saintly by comparison, it’s the being able to speak using the voices of her victims that makes her an interesting character.

...Tharja

Your waifu is Tharja?

That is sure a surprise

Then again, it seems like a perfect fit

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

...Tharja

Your waifu is Tharja?

That is sure a surprise

Then again, it seems like a perfect fit

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I can see it

…I was using Tharja as a point of reference for you guys because I doubt any of you have or are going to read The Black Company.

Game balance is my waifu.

- Kaga probably

Also girls in slavery

- Also Kaga, not probably, definitely

12 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

…I was using Tharja as a point of reference for you guys because I doubt any of you have or are going to read The Black Company.

Interesting. Very interesting. That your waifu is Tharja, I mean.

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

My waifu:

6721EADA-02FE-4EBA-B7B4-7F3FF184DDC1.jpeg.42ec116b0ee600d87684174f47185f22.jpeg

Good choice. Isn't she a bit out of your age range, though, old man?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Here's the survey again just incase anyone missed it. I'm trying to get as many people to answer it as possible. We need this information for...well I don't know what we need it for but I imagine it will be very fun to discuss

See, i'd answer, the problem is that i literally cannot decide.

I will think of something.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

20220410_111435.png?width=504&height=432

What do you folks think, should I wrap up this waifu survey and show the results now or should I continue it to try and get more people in it?

Just now, Armagon said:

See, i'd answer, the problem is that i literally cannot decide.

I will think of something.

Oh! in that case, I'll wait for you.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh! in that case, I'll wait for you.

Set the time limit for 11:59 PM EST. 

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

is there context for this?

lmao

or do I not want to know 👀

Crossdressing cosplayer explains how he used breast pads or something to look like a girl and the main characters (both of which are in the image) are intrigued. 

Dress-up Darling is good.