Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

“Children, today we're going to be playing Radiant Dawn for 30 minutes and then Berwick Saga for another 30. Then I will require that you write an essay on all the ways in which they are both superior to Path of Radiance in every meaningful way. Now if you'll excuse me, I must look at my framed picture of Josette."

Wow, the week has been that horrible for you Rubenio and it isn’t even Wednesday yet.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's good to form a healthy relationship with your students.

*Assassination Classroom intensifies*

3 hours ago, Benice said:

That moment when the teacher keeps making you watch PragerU videos in class, so now your Youtube page is filled with politics.

Wonderful...

Wait… what? For an actual class, unironically? That… wow. Wow. On your last day you should spend the entire class debunking them.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No entiendo, ¿Qué es un Camejameja? ¿No debería lanzarle una onda vital?

Nuestro doblaje una vez mas muestra su superioridad.

Hahaha, only now I'm finally reaching Summer in RF4. Already reached the halfway point of Delirium. I think I can reach the end in just one or two days at the most.

@Benice

Tell your teacher to play this in class.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nuestro doblaje una vez mas muestra su superioridad.

D U B   W A R

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

No corran en el

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJospital.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, that's cheating. Ghost Stories'... official abridged English dub is just something else.

I'm a fan. It's not anime.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, that's cheating. Ghost Stories'... official abridged English dub is just something else.

But I can speak German too…haltingly and with great difficulty, but still in a conversational manner.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Children, today we're going to be playing Radiant Dawn for 30 minutes and then Berwick Saga for another 30. Then I will require that you write an essay on all the ways in which they are both superior to Path of Radiance in every meaningful way. Now if you'll excuse me, I must look at my framed picture of Josette."

I might've actually bothered in school if the classes were like this.

29 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

*Assassination Classroom intensifies*

I know you're likely talking about something else but I can't help but think of-

I've been playing these games too much, Ubisoft is corrupting me.

Edited by GuardianSing

Super Robot Wars: Original Generations Original Generation 2 is done!

They got rid of the secret final map but skipped to the secret final boss of GBA OG2, it wasn't a two-stage final battle like I had expected. Kinda unepic then, since the not-secret final map has no pretense of map design (not like I really care in SRW, but the atmosphere was lacking). 550k HP final boss with a Distortion Field and the usual 10% Max HP Regen, and Guard, Potential 9 and Break Will Limit for skills made so hellishly boringly bulky. -Still eeked out a one-turn kill, if barely.

This said, I understand the change, it makes plot sense for Endless Frontier actually. I still appreciate this meant I had one less HP sponge to kill than GBA, and I like the one scene that was exclusive to the not-secret ending, so having it back is good. A lone line I recall from EF Exceed makes me realize they shifted one little moment from the secret final battle to OG Gaiden, that explains why someone who wasn't around for OG2 mentioned it. 

And speaking of narrative, there was one thing they didn't address and left dangling.:

Spoiler

Beowulf.

I know the anime had him show up or something for the final battle with the Einst, but they made no such changes here. They didn't as much as acknowledge him as being an Einst. This is weird, considering Excellen points -as she did in pre-anime GBA OG2- out a fundamental problem with the Einsts' understanding of evolution and humanity was that they never captured a human male. And yet, they did with Beowulf, he has been thoroughly infected in OGs.

With OG Gaiden adding the Jetzt and Endless Frontier retconning that some Einst independently survived even without human experimentation, there is good reason to think Beowulf could've survived. And it sounds like he was in the processing of conquering Shadow Mirror Earth for the Einst. Are there actually two Einst hiveminds out there? That'd be not impossible given a nigh-infinite numbers of dimensions, and is fine for explaining Compact 2/Impact and OG having separate Einsts, if still strange for one set of closely connected dimensions- the OGverse.

Is Banpresto saving Beowulf for 3rd OG perhaps? OG was founded as Alpha + Impact. Kyosuke vs. Kyosuke would be one way to give Kyo' some relevance while Kusuha & Bullet go Shin themselves and Ryusei his nominal rival gets Banpreios'ed. It'd be good for Axel and Alfimi too. But damn that would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for 3rd OG!

Or maybe they're fine leaving Beo unresolved, that could be true too.

Getting back to positive stuff, I don't remember the either the true or untrue final boss having pre-battle conversations with all the heroes in GBA OG2, that was kind of a letdown compared to OG1. OGs fixed this. Not every line is great, but...

Spoiler

gsdx-20220419141718.pnggsdx-20220419141721.pnggsdx-20220419141724.pnggsdx-20220419141718.pnggsdx-20220419141730.pnggsdx-20220419141733.pnggsdx-20220419141735.pnggsdx-20220419141739.pnggsdx-20220419141742.pnggsdx-20220419141745.png

Leaves a giant otherworldly alien hivemind leader that has been alive for millions/billions of years stunned silent.

Sanger.🤩

This explains why Wodan got the new Star Reaver Sword attack. He was only mimicking his original's future audacity.

SMH that they didn't have the guts to override Inspector From A Malevolent Star with The Sword That Smites/Cleaves Evil.

Not to be outdone by a fellow Aggressor...

gsdx-20220419143036.pnggsdx-20220419143041.pnggsdx-20220419143045.pnggsdx-20220419143048.png

...Kai couldn't let Sanger steal all the badassery.😁

And...

gsdx-20220419134650.pnggsdx-20220419134654.pnggsdx-20220419134700.pnggsdx-20220419134709.pnggsdx-20220419134719.pnggsdx-20220419134726.pnggsdx-20220419134730.pnggsdx-20220419134734.pnggsdx-20220419134742.pnggsdx-20220419134746.pnggsdx-20220419134750.png

Gilliam owns the 40 km-wide bad guy in his own distinctive way. Not through brutal force of will and might, but the mystery mixed with a sense "I know more than you" superiority that catches the enemy off guard and leaves the self-righteous egomaniac flabbergasted. Tell me, Gilliam, what does "Taiji" mean!?!

Ratsel's convo was middle-of-the-road, so I didn't bother including it. Easily the weakest of the Aggressors (if dealing the most damage of any character I fielded at a 42k Tornado Zankanto). And he has Trombe! override going for him.

The ending was as good as before. And for whatever flaws and unoriginality the game has that I have become aware of all these years later, I still love it, very much so!😄

---

gsdx-20220419155013.png

Yeah... this thing. I've known about it, and I know it's pretty short. I don't want to start on it today, but soon for sure. Just to bury OGs entirely. It's not so long that I need a major breather from what I've just been through. I want to confirm what exactly it is- an uncanonical mixture of OG Gaiden fights, or a canonical bridge to OG Gaiden. Hopefully, OG Gaiden will be translated in another year or four, I want to experience more of OG myself instead of having to read about it secondhand.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

And now I wonder...

Just which dimension will Sanger and Ratsel come from. Alpha is already a bit crowded (with Masaki, SRX Team, and Kuzuha+Bullet), and we actually don't have anyone from OGverse ending up in SRW 30 yet... but what if we do!

And knowing them, such side-trip to SRW 30 will be canon to OGverse...

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean...

Profesor usa personajes de "Dragon Ball" para sus ejercicios |  REDES-SOCIALES | EL COMERCIO PERÚ

Just saying...

The answer is "Goku insta-transmissions to the coordinate (4 | 7.75) and fires a Kamehameha straight up. The slope is infinite, so there exists no function that describes the path it takes."

I do not speak Spanish, but I think I got the gist of the assignment