• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Runan? I don't recall Runan having a move growth... Too bad about Leonie, though. Her move levels are hilarious.

Oh I thought you meant getting alot of a single stat, my confusion there! 

35 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

tbf

tha game's tutorials are pretty bad (and by that, i mean fucking awful), so i don't blame ya

You havent played XCX yet, those tutorials eclipse 2 in being awful!

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People have recommended Mist and Jill's support for a very specific reason. A very specific reason that everyone praises as an insanely cool detail. I think it's neat enough, myself, but it would've been cooler if there was a point to it in the gameplay, which there isn't. The thing either accomplishes absolutely nothing or is a massive insta-reset dickmove. Like all things Path of Radiance, the text associated to it is good, but it's undermined by the complete incompetence of the gameplay.

I didn't suggest it for that reason. Sooks has the power of save-states, so it would be much funnier if he didn't have that support before chapter 20, and got to see the version that save-states would make a funny display, instead of a massive inconvenience...

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The only good one in the series Ü

Reveal hidden contents

Will never forget Jill going red and critting Ike to game over. Was pretty hype ngl

OMG, that is the most hilarious way for that event to occur.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep. Four maps. That's supposed to be the wooooow cool gimmick of chapter 17. It's actually four chapters in one, with a consistent team to which you add two units to the team per map, if I recall correctly.

I rather like it, especially the way it gives the player reinforcements for a change. Its Path of Radiance's take on a Genealogy map, and even burdoning Ike for the last  half adds an interesting little wrinkle to the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Daggers just unlocked in the armory, so naturally I gave Sothe two of those… then gave him like five levels with bexp and fed him boots and a dracoshield for… reasons. I’d give him an energy drop too but it’s looking like he might actually cap strength before max level.

I fully approve of this objectively terrible  decision. Its hilarious.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So I got Jill and Mist’s A support and… literally nothing changed. The game would have told me if the funny happened, right?

Honestly its funnier if you get the support after chapter 20, at least from a gameplay perspective. Although this is one of the supports that have multiple versions, and the version that happens if you trigger on chapter 21+ is a worse version, so it is a tradeoff.

As for my little ironman...it looks like I missed chapter 16 somewhere in there, so two entries...

The only hiccup in Chapter 16 was that the worst Oscar in the world meant I was a few damage points short of preventing the thief from grabbing two bits of loot, and I hadn't bothered training Volke much. I ended up finding a way of locking the thief in the first room with Marcia at the door, to grind Volke up three levels on the map to get the two speed he needed to steal from the other thief, that way I could still get all of the loot, but it did lead to an embarrassingly bad turn count on this one. On the plus side, it also gave me the opportunity to train up Mist some more. In retrospect I probably should have promoted her for this map, but it's not that big of a deal.

The closest call we had in chapter 17 was in part 3. I was pressing in to get the rout, and Rolf had stayed a bit behind to get the kill on the priestess near the start, and three troops spawned in front of him, with nowhere to run, and no one to help. He needed a Killer Bow crit to save his life, as some cavs rushed back to save him, and he got that crit. In the end I managed to secure the Adept scroll as well as the Nosferatu (although I don’t think anyone will actually be able to use it…)

Finally, Happy Birthday @Lightchao42 !!!!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Daggers just unlocked in the armory, so naturally I gave Sothe two of those… then gave him like five levels with bexp and fed him boots and a dracoshield for… reasons. I’d give him an energy drop too but it’s looking like he might actually cap strength before max level.

Did I respond to this? I may've forgotten. Just in case, I'm doing it now.

I love this. This is a great idea. This is how you get some modicum of enjoyment out of PoR. I support this plan wholeheartedly, Sooks. I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Shinon is really really weird. His stats are atrocious this late in the game, why does he come back so, so late? What was the point of making him leave if he was just going to come back useless?

But, well, I have been carrying around dead weight with extra deployment slots anyway, so I might actually use him, we’ll see. Teehee seems to like him as a character, so I’ll give his supports a shot.

@Eltosian Kadath did you mean that his support with Rolf was your favorite or do you not have a preference and like them all?

33 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I didn't suggest it for that reason. Sooks has the power of save-states, so it would be much funnier if he didn't have that support before chapter 20, and got to see the version that save-states would make a funny display, instead of a massive inconvenience...

Honestly its funnier if you get the support after chapter 20, at least from a gameplay perspective. Although this is one of the supports that have multiple versions, and the version that happens if you trigger on chapter 21+ is a worse version, so it is a tradeoff.

Funnier from a gameplay perspective like it’s better or worse?

Also, I’ve already seen the support (in chapter 18), I just loaded a save state after. So unless something changes this chapter, I’ve already seen the “good” version and even then it wasn’t that good.

The only hiccup in Chapter 16 was that the worst Oscar in the world meant I was a few damage points short of preventing the thief from grabbing two bits of loot

This is what you get for using Oscar.

As an aside, I didn’t get all the loot in this chapter either. I missed the physic staff because I did not expect a thief to spawn that quickly and right next to the door.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did I respond to this? I may've forgotten. Just in case, I'm doing it now.

I love this. This is a great idea. This is how you get some modicum of enjoyment out of PoR. I support this plan wholeheartedly, Sooks. I knew you wouldn't let me down.

o7

I’ll let you the thread know how it goes, since his low stat caps and inability to promote + being stuck with knives might make him physically impossible to use eventually. I mean, he already has capped speed and couldn’t double the ravens in this chapter.

I’d say I’d try to get him the kill on the final boss, but isn’t something people complain about that one of the Tellius games makes Ike kill the final boss? Is it this one? I can’t remember.

Anyway yes, my meme is the most fun part of this game. I even got his C-support with Astrid, so I’m getting to see a bit of my meme’s character. He’s… more hotheaded than I expected him to be, but that just adds to his charm. And slightly unrelated, now that Astrid’s promoted and has axes she is just… completely broken, in every single way. She’s basically just Titania.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As an aside, I didn’t get all the loot in this chapter either. I missed the physic staff because I did not expect a thief to spawn that quickly and right next to the door.

I reset that chapter for it.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyway yes, my meme is the most fun part of this game. I even got his C-support with Astrid, so I’m getting to see a bit of my meme’s character. He’s… more hotheaded than I expected him to be, but that just adds to his charm. And slightly unrelated, now that Astrid’s promoted and has axes she is just… completely broken, in every single way. She’s basically just Titania.

Titania, but also says "Fuck Birds"

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Titania, but also says "Fuck Birds"

This makes me realize...

There's really no case of

Spoiler

Beorc x Laguz romantic relationships

within the player party, isn't it? (Emphasis 'within') Like,

Spoiler

there's the IkexRanulf paired ending, but it's a platonic paired ending like some of the GBA ones were.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

’d say I’d try to get him the kill on the final boss

that will be impossible

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but isn’t something people complain about that one of the Tellius games makes Ike kill the final boss?

that's radiant dawn

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Funnier from a gameplay perspective like it’s better or worse?

Its more interesting, something I think only Path of Radiance ever tried, but you want to use a save-state before seeing it, as it really screws over the player.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fortunately he grabs that second, and its easier to steal...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’d say I’d try to get him the kill on the final boss, but isn’t something people complain about that one of the Tellius games makes Ike kill the final boss? Is it this one? I can’t remember.

It isn't the one where Ike has to get the final kill, but I think the final boss is immune to most damage sources thanks to his armor, so I don't think Sothe can actually hurt him...

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its more interesting, something I think only Path of Radiance ever tried, but you want to use a save-state before seeing it, as it really screws over the player.

Wait, so… will it happen immediately after I see the support if I see the support post chapter 20 and I can just use a save state there? And does it screw the player over more if it’s after chapter 20?

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Shinon is really really weird. His stats are atrocious this late in the game, why does he come back so, so late? What was the point of making him leave if he was just going to come back useless?

But, well, I have been carrying around dead weight with extra deployment slots anyway, so I might actually use him, we’ll see. Teehee seems to like him as a character, so I’ll give his supports a shot.

Funnily enough, he's really good in RD.

Anyway, use him. The more dead weight, the better.

I’ll let you the thread know how it goes, since his low stat caps and inability to promote + being stuck with knives might make him physically impossible to use eventually. I mean, he already has capped speed and couldn’t double the ravens in this chapter.

Hahahahaha! Oh, Sothe. You're so good.

Not Ike in this case, but... Well, Ike and the Gotoh isn't much better, is it? Especially when there isn't even a good reason for it in the plot. There's a plot excuse, but it's so irrelevant that it feels like they could've just taken it away and the game would only improve from it.

Anyway yes, my meme is the most fun part of this game.

Sounds like PoR all right.

honestly

I've never personally understood why having Ike kill the final boss in RD be necessary was such an issue

kinda a fitting conclusion to Ike's duology of games by giving him the final blow

what do I know though

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not Ike in this case, but... Well, Ike and the Gotoh isn't much better, is it? Especially when there isn't even a good reason for it in the plot. There's a plot excuse, but it's so irrelevant that it feels like they could've just taken it away and the game would only improve from it.

And even then the excuse doesn't really get explained until the Tower in RD... in the Extended Script... that didn't got localized.

Still comes out a bit out of left field, though.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Eltosian Kadath did you mean that his support with Rolf was your favorite or do you not have a preference and like them all?

Not specifically with eachother, just that both of them had a lot of good supports.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, so… will it happen immediately after I see the support if I see the support post chapter 20 and I can just use a save state there? And does it screw the player over more if it’s after chapter 20?

Having the support on chapter 20 will prevent the interesting thing from happening on chapter 20, but you want to save-state before triggering the event on chapter 20 if you try to see it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

More like Ike, Gotoh, and Tiki/Nagi...