Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

That's a big F

Ok i rebooted the game itself and it showed back up. I don't know if this a guaranteed fix, i only did it as a last resort.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, using a save state in an SRPG doesn’t actually mean you’re less skilled at the game, since even if you know what doesn’t work, you still have to figure out have to deal with whatever challenge you’re trying to tackle. Redoing stuff you’ve already proven you can do does not make you anymore skilled at the game than you were previously.

There is a complication that save-states can be used to brute force past a problem you have yet to learn how to solve with luck (or papier-mache over an extremely luck reliant strategy, making it look more viable than it is), or worse yet lock you into to trying to solve an issue with your strategy that you did turns before your save state, but whose repercussions aren't felt until latter.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's why i don't vibe with roguelikes either.

A good roguelike is putting you into different situations each run, so it isn't just solving the same issues again.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

HEY SO GUESS WHAT? TURNS OUT THAT GLITCH IS ONE OF THE GAME-BREAKING ONES! CAUSE I QUIT TO JUST REDO THE LEVEL BUT NOW THE LEVEL DOESN'T EXIST! AND IT TURNS OUT, IT'S JUST ONE OF THE MANY GLITCHES THAT CAN HAPPEN DURING LEVEL!

THERE IS NO WORKAROUND, IF ANY OF THOSE HAPPEN TO YOU, YOU'RE FUCKED!

I literally just have to wait until the devs patch this. Awesome. 

Oof...RIP

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok i rebooted the game itself and it showed back up. I don't know if this a guaranteed fix, i only did it as a last resort.

or no-

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then immediately a visual glitch what the fuck is going on

Well that sounds like a buggy mess.

IMG_20220426_001920.jpg

Well that's that. Revenge of the Sith definitely is the best one so far but good God, those glitches.

Anyways that's the Prequels done so time to see what i missed in free play.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

A good roguelike is putting you into different situations each run, so it isn't just solving the same issues again.

My main issue with roguelikes is boss fights. Losing to one isn't simply a matter of "try again".

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well that sounds like a buggy mess

Once the cutscene kicked in, it fixed itself but this was the first major oof.

I felt sleepy trying to use my laptop about... three hours ago? I was struggling to watch a YouTube video. But then, as I tried letting the hours past in a blink before waking up to the routine "Teehee check-breakfast-another Teehee check", and then starting GKH, I felt very awake.

Though my eyes were heavy with oncoming slumber, the calm of laying in bed in the dark at night, no electronic screen in front of me and the TV volume turned low, triggered a round of thunderclap thoughts. Not for the first time, it was "I'm almost 30 and have never been in a relationship!", my pulse and brain were now both too quickened to sleep, no matter how much I tried. April has been a depression-minimal month for me; almost exactly 24 hours after OGs came to end, I felt like I was on the receiving end of every glorious dynamic kill animation.

Needing to bide time until I felt exhausted again, I checked the Internet. My mind drew me this one sex, relationships & advice column that I'm aware of and liked to read before I stopped reading the news b/c I Can't Desensitize Myself From All The Bad Stuff. I'm sick of politely waiting for setting up a therapist meeting! So, I looked to see if I could submit a question to the advice column, and it looks like I can, I want to speak with someone with any professional credentials on love, I'll take what I can get at this point. Resulting in me then opening up a word document, and typing up a lengthy, embarrassing-personal-details-free multiple mini-paragraphs inquiry, filled with much of the stuff I've written here. I didn't submit it, because: one, I need to proofread and edit it; and two- one very rarely makes good decisions when supercharged with anxiety past the hour of midnight.😆 I'll hold off until at least morning, when I can be rational enough to consider if I should send out an anonymous plea to a columnist of all things.

Lastly, as I glimpsed prior questions to get an idea of how to write what I was wanting to, I stumbled on an unrelated article of a man raised conservatively Catholic. A father who has been happily witnessing how his 12-year-old has been raised in an environment where sexuality is so free of repression that he can out of the blue tell his parents he just masturbated and what kind of people interest him, and the parents do not blush providing him with lube and answers to his sexual questions. I feel happy for the young man, but dang I'm so jealous, a 12-year old has a greater sense of amorous zen than I do. I did not need this, I'm more screwed up (and not in the way I might want to be) than I could've imagined.😣 Honestly, the story feels too utopian to be real, I want to doubt its authenticity that things could be so open. -But the journalism appears reputable on said website, I have little reason to think it fake.

Hopefully I'm emotionally drained enough now. Spur-of-the-moment late night rant is over. Time to try the whole sleeping thing again.😅

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Although i think Sooks and Ruben would be more fans of Shin (the other MC). I like him, but i am more a fan of Lena

I mean, maybe?

7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

yLxKSTME_o.png

this is where the fun begins

Castor, eh? That's not bad. More of a Tomas fan, myself, but he's not in this game.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

The cool thing about Bastian joining this chapter is I get a free Stiletto, the best knife in the game, for Sothe. Bastian himself is also a more unique character than I’m used to, but I’m definitely not using an 11th hour prepromote… probably.

Bastian always made me really sad. He's such a fun character, but he's terrible and has no availability in either game.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio this is an aggravating softlock.

Another one? Sheesh...

HEY SO GUESS WHAT? TURNS OUT THAT GLITCH IS ONE OF THE GAME-BREAKING ONES! CAUSE I QUIT TO JUST REDO THE LEVEL BUT NOW THE LEVEL DOESN'T EXIST! AND IT TURNS OUT, IT'S JUST ONE OF THE MANY GLITCHES THAT CAN HAPPEN DURING LEVEL!

THERE IS NO WORKAROUND, IF ANY OF THOSE HAPPEN TO YOU, YOU'RE FUCKED!

I literally just have to wait until the devs patch this. Awesome. 

Good to know it worked out for you, but... Honestly, the state of this game is rather sad. Save-destroying bugs like the ones people have been experiencing (and you almost did) are inexcusable. I don't want to blame the devs, though, knowing the story of the game's development. Fault lies squarely with the bureaucrats, as usual, for forcing them to use an in-house engine that was shit and nobody wanted to use.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That sounds hilarious, I'll admit, heh.

The level:

Adios Wurmloch – Meming Wiki

"I have to go now. My planet needs me."

* The level died on its way to its home planet.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220426_010936.jpg

I believe he has that line with every character that has an exotic lightsaber. It's wonderful.

My dry throat is possibly a sign I'm sick.

It wouldn't be a good time as I'm supposed to go meet someone today. Worse if it sticks around, I've got enough coming, it would have been less of a scene last week.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That sounds hilarious, I'll admit, heh.

The level:

Adios Wurmloch – Meming Wiki

When the level decides it's done playing with you.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't submit it, because: one, I need to proofread and edit it; and two- one very rarely makes good decisions when supercharged with anxiety past the hour of midnight.😆 I'll hold off until at least morning, when I can be rational enough to consider if I should send out an anonymous plea to a columnist of all things.

Me, I don't know that I'd have the confidence to write all that.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I feel happy for the young man, but dang I'm so jealous, a 12-year old has a greater sense of amorous zen than I do.

This 12 year old needs the bonk.

At least Bastian has the best PoR skill: Corrosion. Almost as good as Counter.

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are you being serious or sarcastic, by the way? I can't really tell here.

I'm not sure I can tell either.

I just don't have any strong feelings about Star Wars. Though I suppose I do enjoy the Episode III memes more then anything from any of the other movies.

Edited by BrightBow

All right. Without further ado. Let me just test out that I can take screenshots. Very important for when I run into funny dialogue.

https://images2.imgbox.com/85/df/4ScMR1Di_o.png

Ah, how nice. It takes a nice, base resolution screenshot. Awesome. Thanks, Xbox game bar. You're my favorite Windows 10 bloatware.

...Seriously, I don't know what it is about this man's face, but he just loks a bit off to me. I think his mouth may be a bit too big, perhaps? Ah, well. No big deal. Let's see if this game is all its made out to be.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

My dry throat is possibly a sign I'm sick.

It wouldn't be a good time as I'm supposed to go meet someone today. Worse if it sticks around, I've got enough coming, it would have been less of a scene last week.

Oof... Well, hope for the best.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

At least Bastian has the best PoR skill: Corrosion.

Ah, yes. The best skill.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I'm not sure I can tell either.

I just don't have any strong feelings about Star Wars. Though I suppose I do enjoy the Episode III memes more then anything from any of the other movies.

Ahahahahah... Truth be told, this is how I feel too.

If nothing else, it doesn't make him actively worse. Like Lucia with Parity.

Baffling that it isn't just a Command skill. They do exist in this game.

It's like how the brought back the concept of pref weapons for non-Lord characters, and then they only used it for Rolf's Bow.

Oh, the game has an in-depth ingame guide. That's awesome. Let's see if there's anything of note that I don't know already...

Okay, this is already amazing. There's a support system in this JRPG. Or well, relations system. Character relations can be A, B or C, and if they're deployed in battle together, they get statboosts according to that. If one of them falls, the other's statboost becomes greater. I guess out of concern and stuff.

...However, there's also an F relation level. If two characters with F relations are deployed together, they get a stat penalty... Until either of them dies, at which point the other gains the equivalent of an A statboost.

That's really fucking cute. I love it.

Just did the first little dungeon. Simple battles for now, but I'm seeing a lot of things I like. For starters, I can't just buy a stock of mana potions and spam the best magic all the time. The magic list is shared by all units, but each character's MP starts low and has to charge over time during battles. Each spell also has limited uses that only reset after the battle ends. It's a different system, and I think I'm digging it so far.

For the overworld, this game has your typical "battles just randomly start with invisible enemies" shenanigans that @Shrimpolaris hates so much... But, thanks to a quaint little thing called bribery, you can pay them not to attack you. Yes, even the bats. 25% of the gold you'd earn from winning the battle is the fee, which also serves as a nice indication of what kind of enemies would be fought there. I like it, it's unique.

More minor, but still much appreciated, is the fact that if there's any leftover healing spells and MP on characters, they will be used automatically at the end of the battle to top off as many characters' health as possible. Really helps to prevent the "gotta run back to the Pokemon Center" issue that's so annoying in a lot of JRPGs.

First boss was tough enough. He had three crossbowmen to help him out, one of them hidden behind him in the formation, which means only Angel's special ability and the offensive spell I found in a chest could strike him. Boss dished out a mean blow and with my one mend spell things looked tough for a bit, but Angel's defeat pissed off the other two enough to wipe the floor with what remained of the boss's health bar. Power of friendship and all that.

Some really interesting mechanics at work here. I'm looking forward to leaving the introduction stages already.

Also, the dialogue is great so far.

44 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's like Berwick Saga cemetery rewards.

Right? Really fun details, all in all.

44 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

God, why wasn't Awakening handing out any rewards for killing playable units...

All FE should hand out rewards for killing playables. Just, more akin to Berwick's rewards rather than Shadow Dragon's...

Well, the Mario got delayed to April. That's us waiting on the memes for a year now.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel like I recall that boss with the crossbows, though sadly not that dialogue.

Edited by Dayni

I started Ys The Oath Of Felghana. Made it to the Abanoned Mine. This game feels as great as Origin so far, with the exception not being an entire dungeon crawler and having voiceacting. Speaking of voiceacting, everyone has done a great job so far. However the most outstanding for me is the soundtrack (of course). All the dungeons feature a banger with guitars or strings. This is what I have missed in Ys VIII, aside of being 2D.

If I had a nickle for every time I played a game with an Evil Moulder, I would have two nickles. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Or at least I'm assuming he's evil. People don't get angry portraits unless they're evil, right?

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, the Mario got delayed to April. That's us waiting on the memes for a year now.

I feel like I recall that boss with the crossbows, though sadly not that dialogue.

We can use the extra time to watch the better second Mario movie instead.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

But in FE, if a strategy for a map worked, unless it was insane luck, you’ll likely be fine doing the exact same thing to get to where you were (this also doesn’t account for RNG, but just speaking generally).

This really depends on which units you are and aren't using at the time. Things could be very different pending.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

All SRPGs have a degree of RNG to them.

Sure, but FE takes it to another level, so removing that aspect is removing it's core. Part of what makes FE: FE, really.

54 minutes ago, Julizan said:

I started Ys The Oath Of Felghana. Made it to the Abanoned Mine. This game feels as great as Origin so far, with the exception not being an entire dungeon crawler and having voiceacting. Speaking of voiceacting, everyone has done a great job so far. However the most outstanding for me is the soundtrack (of course). All the dungeons feature a banger with guitars or strings. This is what I have missed in Ys VIII, aside of being 2D.

That's the remake of Ys III isn't it? I played Ys III at the tail end of last year. Only game in the series I actually own... and I've had it since I was in the third grade and bought it. For $2 according to the price tag. I imagine it's gotta be a much improved version over the one I played. Because I recall there being an item called the fairy necklace... that did nothing. And cost a ton to buy. I can't imagine that not being fixed in a remake.

Sd3s2Lg8_o.png6WimeJKp_o.png

Well, this just gets better and better.

Petra was too angry to join me, unfortunately. I'm sure I'll see her again, though. There's 75 playable characters in this game, I mean, if you've a portrait and you aren't a major character that appears in cutscenes, it's a pretty safe bet.

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is an issue?

I believe so, at least. There's no strategy to it, you either waste your limited resources recovering your characters to keep fighting or you waste time returning to heal point and then back to where you left off to continue. Just because it's that way in 90% of JRPGs doesn't make it a good thing. I'm glad this game does away with it in such an interesting, personally. Especially since it's not free, you need to have leftover healing spells and MP from the battle for the automatic healing to happen.