Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really helps to prevent the "gotta run back to the Pokemon Center" issue that's so annoying in a lot of JRPGs.

My dude...

Do i really have to say it?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But, thanks to a quaint little thing called bribery, you can pay them not to attack you. Yes, even the bats. 25% of the gold you'd earn from winning the battle is the fee

Dream_Repel_Sprite.png

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

fairy necklace

It's a one time revival item in Oath.

But yeah Oath goat

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

24 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It's a one time revival item in Oath.

But yeah Oath goat

I've read that's what it was supposed to be... it's just not functional in the SNES version of YS III. I've heard it works on the Genesis (Sega does what Nintendon't jokes write themselves), but I can't confirm it. All I know is I wished it was functional at times.

4 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

All I know is I wished it was functional at times.

Well, if it's any consolation, it's usually used for the final boss. As you only get 1 per game anyway.

Infact iirc every Ys game gives you the auto revival item usually for final boss. And it's usually a blessing to have as they tend to be extra hard.

Oath's being the hardest

33 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

My dude...

Do i really have to say it?

30 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ftfy

Oh, okay. I figured since it's such a big problem in the biggest, most popular JRPG series out there and I've seen people more knowledgable with the genre than me say it's a thing...

But sure, I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

34 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Dream_Repel_Sprite.png

I can't see this image, but by the file name, I guess you're referring to the consumable in Pokemon that does this too.

Sure, but I think I prefer this. More convenient than having to stock up on those, plus keep going into the menu to apply them any time I don't want to fight.

So questioning anyone who has more knowledge of the situation than me, playing Thracia 776... how screwed am I if I didn't wait around at the end of chapter 4x to steal some new swords off the myrmidon reinforcements that apparently appear? Should I be going back to the save before the chapter to redo it and steal some swords? Or should I be fine to hold out through the next so long until I get another shot at some?

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Well, if it's any consolation, it's usually used for the final boss. As you only get 1 per game anyway.

Infact iirc every Ys game gives you the auto revival item usually for final boss. And it's usually a blessing to have as they tend to be extra hard.

Oath's being the hardest

I think the biggest consolation I have is the fact I apparently didn't need it. But then... that's not a surprise. Obviously people beat the game who weren't me, and it obviously didn't function for them either.

8 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

... how screwed am I if I didn't wait around at the end of chapter 4x to steal some new swords off the myrmidon reinforcements that apparently appear?

There are myrm reinforcements?

You will be fine. You will get more chances to steal swords in the next 3 chapters

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Ok so there it is: full confirmation that auto-attacks will work like in the Alrest games. Including, for like one frame, stutterstepping.

The key difference here is the increased movement speed and the fact that your Arts start out fully charged.

Monolith also shared this neat little image

FRQIkYWVsAEhABG?format=jpg&name=large

Those chibis honestly look like Xenogears sprites a bit

5nw0gom7mof71.png?width=1958&format=png&

(This image has been upresed)

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe he has that line with every character that has an exotic lightsaber. It's wonderful.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

.Seriously, I don't know what it is about this man's face, but he just loks a bit off to me.

12th Century genetics.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure, but FE takes it to another level

FE doesn't have instances where i shoot a guy at point-blank range and it still misses.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's no strategy to it, you either waste your limited resources recovering your characters to keep fighting or you waste time returning to heal point and then back to where you left off to continue.

Fast-travel mechanics

veggie.jpg

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The memes though.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FE doesn't have instances where i shoot a guy at point-blank range and it still misses.

When you miss with your crossbow at 1 range

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sure, but I think I prefer this. More convenient than having to stock up on those, plus keep going into the menu to apply them any time I don't want to fight.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

There's an auto prompt to re-apply

Has been there for as long as i can remember

It was only from Black 2 onwards that we had this option.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Me, I don't know that I'd have the confidence to write all that.

It's not confidence that compels me, it's more momentary desperation. Like being lost in the wild in a snow-laden wilderness, and you're starving. You see some edible berries, but they are on the other side of a frozen river, you worriedly question whether or not the ice will support your weight, but you're prepping your mind and body to make the mad dash anyhow. My heart is starving for an answer.

Waking up, I'm still feeling some aftershocks of last night's little existential crisis. Which makes me question if I've regained the composure to seriously decide whether to submit my inquiry. But then, I recall reading one entry in the advice column of a man who was concerned he and his twin brother were messed up for being happily incestuous with each other. I don't think my inquiry would be the weirdest or most embarrassing thing it's seen.

And, part of me really wants to send the advice request off, because trying to resolve the questions of me and relationships solely through self-interrogation hasn't worked for like a decade. I know this. I need to give up the timidness, on the false hope and ultimately self-injurious "I don't need to ask, I'll be fine" delaying that has kept it all internalized, and actually get opinions from people who might be able to move me towards romantic-sexual serenity. Getting a few paragraphs' response from a submission to one of those antiquated -yet NGL I feel potentially helpful advice columnists- wouldn't be the endpoint of my existential intimate tumult. I would still need to resolve the insurance issues and see a psychologist and repeat all the same junk to them. But, as a starting point I know I can access ATM? Well, it'd be something, a handful of paragraphs would be more than I presently have of expert counsel.

'Course now I'm definitely feeling too emotional to send it off. Though, were I to wait until the flames behind this cri de coeur were gone, would I then be certain to snub the idea aside, and find myself yet again in this same emotional state at a later date? It's a catch 22.🙁

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Try Berwick Saga.

Light Crossbow + Sniper Arrow + Aim. Gives you those sweet reliable 100% hits Fire Emblem basically never grants.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

There are myrm reinforcements?

You will be fine. You will get more chances to steal swords in the next 3 chapters

Good to know I'm not the only one who didn't realize. I was kind of out of the place by turn 15 and only found out because I decided to have a look at the wiki for some idea of when I'd be getting more swords. Turns out... they start spawning from the south staircase on turn 12... with iron swords I could have actually stolen as opposed to capturing due to Lifis actually getting a point of con. But then again... reinforcements in an escape map with fog of war doesn't sound fun to play with even for weapons that I could need later.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Gives you those sweet reliable 100% hits Fire Emblem basically never grants.

FE has alot of problems, not reaching 100% hit is not one of them.

Except FE6, one can barely reach 55 there, but FE6 is FE6.

5 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

But then again... reinforcements in an escape map with fog of war doesn't sound fun to play

You will love Thracia Ü

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

You will love Thracia Ü

As I said "play with". It's more the "messing around using a fragile thief to steal a sword knowing there's probably a bunch more enemies in the shadows" that bugs me than the map's challenges itself. That and the amount of screwing around it'd be.

2 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

As I said "play with". It's more the "messing around using a fragile thief to steal a sword knowing there's probably a bunch more enemies in the shadows" that bugs me than the map's challenges itself. That and the amount of screwing around it'd be.

Yeah i get ya

Still x chapters aren't particularly fun in Thracia. And they are all fog too iirc.

And the saying goes "the only good fog is Berwick fog"

3opS8YuI_o.png

...Is that... a Star Wars meme? In a 2009 game?

No, surely not. I'm just seeing things. Like all the people who can't read the words among us anymore without flipping out.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

12th Century genetics.

Hah! Good answer.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Except FE6, one can barely reach 55 there, but FE6 is FE6.

That's... a massive exaggeration.

Unless we're talking about Henning. Henning is stupid, there's no denying that.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Yeah i get ya

Still x chapters aren't particularly fun in Thracia. And they are all fog too iirc.

And the saying goes "the only good fog is Berwick fog"

Honestly, I liked the two I've played thus far. But then again... I did cheat enough to look at what the map looks like on the wiki. Also recruitment methods. But right now that's kind of about all I know for sure. Save states are off the table because I'm working off a cartridge. So far my worst incident was forgetting how enemies can capture units with no weapons in chapter 4. Possibly because it was the first time it was relevant.

57 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

So questioning anyone who has more knowledge of the situation than me, playing Thracia 776... how screwed am I if I didn't wait around at the end of chapter 4x to steal some new swords off the myrmidon reinforcements that apparently appear? Should I be going back to the save before the chapter to redo it and steal some swords? Or should I be fine to hold out through the next so long until I get another shot at some?

I've literally never done that. You'll be fine.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I will legitimately be impressed if your Lifis even has enough strength to steal a sword...