1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

B-but I like Persona...

No problem with that.😃

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Already downloaded it all.

Hopefully they're enjoyable!🙂

If not, well, I understand.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I seriously need to go back to these games, i do not remember a thing.

Not like the Oracle games had much plot. Seasons was especially light on it, Ages had decidedly more story, but still, being Zelda, twas pretty thin.

Anywho, I wanted to point out this I learned about 5 minutes ago to you.:

s-l1600.jpg

Came with Leifthrasir's Storybook collector's edition.

Not sure if this is official. But if not, it looks like good fanart.:

361bb125dca038f769795a7d441794d8ff42bcf8

15 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I actually love my endings happy more than not. Non-happy endings tend to me unsatisfactory alot of times.

May I speculate... is the execution of bittersweet/sadness rarely satisfactory to you? I'm thinking of a certain, mostly-happy ending you aren't fond of in its bitter portion. Happiness then, is so rudimentary as to how to make it not-bad, that it's almost impossible to mess up?

Giving the objectification of the cast (and even the entire setting, frankly) goes well beyond the character designs, I'm inclined to think the problem sits higher on the corporate ladder then the art director.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Starting to think this is Sooks' Persona 5.

You all know what i mean by this.

I mean, it’s not that surprising that the is game isn’t that good. I didn’t have super high expectations for it or anything, like you did (and I would) for Persona 5.

And not everything about it is awful, just the gameplay. I would agree that the story and characters are above average for FE.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ya know

despite all my love for suffering and all

I actually love my endings happy more than not. Non-happy endings tend to me unsatisfactory alot of times.

I actually agree with this though. It’s just that an ending can be overall happy while still not being 100% happy. It doesn’t even have to be happy, it could just be incredibly hopeful ala Omori good ending.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched/read/played anything with a straight up “bad” ending (as in, the main characters lose or everyone dies or what have you), but in theory I would agree that that would be unsatisfying.

disUUVL.png

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

May I speculate... is the execution of bittersweet/sadness rarely satisfactory to you? I'm thinking of a certain, mostly-happy ending you aren't fond of in its bitter portion. Happiness then, is so rudimentary as to how to make it not-bad, that it's almost impossible to mess up?

kinda?

I mean, there's only one non-happy ending i can think of that i loved - Tales of Berseria, as the bittersweet ending really fit the tone there and is a very fitting conclusion after the actions of the characters involved. Usually otherwise the non-happy ending tends to feel very very forced imo. More forced than the happy one, even.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/65/c4/xWhxyXos_o.png

I can't.

I just can't.

That's it, I'm done. I'm completely done.

Fuck this game. It's the best game ever made. Even if it's a JRPG.

I could almost think he's Alfred Devris... almost...

Maybe if he had a chainsaw.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

https://images2.imgbox.com/8e/5b/aiBRXWlk_o.png

Oh my God even his attacking animations are amazing.

Fuck it. I don't care if he's the weakest, strongest or middlingest character in the game. He's sticking to this team like glue and not leaving until the credits roll.

I mean, you KNOW there's something bad going on when the man with the beard that is twice the size of his face is not on my top three members of the team.

Jesus fucking Christ, why don't more games do shit like this. Does this happen in Suikoden II, too? Does that game also have the most batshit insane cast in the history of mankind?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I could almost think he's Alfred Devris... almost...

Maybe if he had a chainsaw.

aaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaayyyaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by Saint Rubenio

26 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

A lot of non-happy endings are just "all of this was for naught?".

....well ok no, that's not entirely true but that's what it feels like a lot of the time (i'm specifically talking about not bittersweet endings).

(And hey, The Clone Wars' ending is not happy at all but it's an amazing ending regardless).

13 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

5lIWLye.png

Fun episode.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not sure if this is official. But if not, it looks like good fanart.:

361bb125dca038f769795a7d441794d8ff42bcf8

The modern AU Muramasa.

You know, the good part about the game stretching everything out this late into it is that my Ike is so completely broken that I can just move him into all the enemies alone and never face any negative consequences (he has four capped stats now, including defense, which gets +5 to from Ragnell). This trait is far from exclusive to Ike, but it is the most noticeable with him.

And now that I have resolve, I replaced it for vantage on Sothe and he almost one rounded a dragon. I am so proud.

Edited by Sooks

I like endings that leave me emotionally full, or at the same time, emotionally empty. There are also the rare endings that are both.

110 Fire punch ideas | punch, fire, punch manga

Read Fire Punch.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Not really. Is it more of a "worth the price" type.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Yes but art is subjective, and while it is the right of the writer to write whatever they please (And I encourage them to do so) It is also the right of the reader to critique it based on their own views and preferences.

Well yeah, but the writers intent wont change, person pending. If they wanted FE4 Julius to be "evil", that womt change based off the reader, sure you can percieve it differently, but they wanted him to be an evil cult member, that much is obvious.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fun episode

Can't wait for them to adapt Prez/Miko affair double suicide Ü

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yup

Honestly, i'd rather have an asspull happy ending over an unsatisfactory sad ending...

Aslong as the Characters fought and suffered enough for it

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It's kinda funny, how in SRW the Waverider Crash is still a thing, as an attack you can do countless times even... but everyone's alive, but the animation still shows non-descript humanoid figures. So it's like... who are they then? XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

And in a wonderful little coincidence, turns out I just remembered who has an accessory, the green glasses, that I need to improve Deke's somewhat mediocre accuracy.

It's a woman called Ayara.

He's going to chase her around and pry those glasses off of her face with a chainsaw--

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know, the good part about the game stretching everything out this late into it is that my Ike is so completely broken that I can just move him into all the enemies alone and never face any negative consequences (he has four capped stats now, including defense, which gets +5 to from Ragnell). This trait is far from exclusive to Ike, but it is the most noticeable with him.

Good game. Good game.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And now that I have resolve, I replaced it for vantage on Sothe and he almost one rounded a dragon. I am so proud.

Congratulations, Sothe. Now that you too break the game's back over your knee, you've joined team Average Path Of Radiance Unit.

Oh that's actually really neat.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Honestly, i'd rather have an asspull happy ending over an unsatisfactory sad ending...

Aslong as the Characters fought and suffered enough for it

Generally speaking, same.

It shouldn't happen in a prequel story tho, cause by definition it can't *cough* Age of Calamity *cough*.

Oh, here another downer ending that does both.

Tsukihime | Rota da Hisui - Parte 13: [Final Verdadeiro] Lua ao Meio-Dia  (PT-BR) - YouTube

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So it's like... who are they then? XD

It's the good old Rule of Cool

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I see what you're saying but i think this is way too generalizing.

Plus then you gotta apply the opposite statement and then that one is also just generalizing.

A good writer is all it takes.

I don't think it's too generalizing actually, I think it's very much the truth.

Like I said, it's not impossible for a male writer to write a good female character, in fact it happens all the time, yet that does not eliminate the abundance of female characters written my men that just aren't very compelling. 

Also I hoped that the opposite statement in question was known to be the post that you made about the female character written by a female writer.

The point being, in the majority of works written by men, sadly, a male character is more likely to be an actual character, even if they're designed to be sexy, and vise versa.

It's good to know what you write, because while gender shouldn't be that important to a someone's character, that's currently the world we live in and a male writer might not feel as connected to a female character, and thus that character falters. 

Now that might sound unrealistic but a way too big portion of men in the United States don't recycle simply because they're afraid to be labeled as gay, so it's definitely not that far fetched.

There's also something to be said about character archetypes and how there are far more male character archetypes than there are female ones.

And yeah, I agree with you, a good writer would move past this regardless of personal identity...I'm not sure what you're trying to say there.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well yeah, but the writers intent wont change, person pending. If they wanted FE4 Julius to be "evil", that womt change based off the reader, sure you can percieve it differently, but they wanted him to be an evil cult member, that much is obvious.

Yes but what if there was something genuinely wrong with Julius' execution as a villain? As a writer you should look at the critiques of your readers so that may improve later on.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhhhh...

Does anyone here know how to play Blackjack? I need to win 5000 arn at Blackjack in order to recruit a guy called Johnny.

A little, yeah-You want to get to 21 (or as close as possible to it) without going over. You're given two cards, and can choose either to take another card or leave it. If the dealer gets closer to 21 than you do (also without going over), or you go over 21 when you pull a card, the other person gets the money. If you gt closer to 21 or the other person goes over 21, you win the mon!

Just now, Newtype06 said:

It's the good old Rule of Cool

As it is, most games with Zeta Gundam are post-script. Some even have "Kamille has just recovered" as something happening early on. Thus, you can have them show up for the Waverider Crash:

As it is, despite SRW being what it is, some of the old games... surprisingly let you have Kamille go through his TV Series fate. It could be avoidable, usually by just not having him fight Scirocco, or preventable if you, say, prevented Four's death so she protects him from Scirocco's attack. But just the fact it was an option was... very curious indeed.

Not that SRW doesn't do this from time to time, but still...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As it is, despite SRW being what it is, some of the old games... surprisingly let you have Kamille go through his TV Series fate. It could be avoidable, usually by just not having him fight Scirocco, or preventable if you, say, prevented Four's death so she protects him from Scirocco's attack. But just the fact it was an option was... very curious indeed.

👀

In which games can I make him turn into a vegetable?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhhhh...

Does anyone here know how to play Blackjack? I need to win 5000 arn at Blackjack in order to recruit a guy called Johnny.

To continue with what Benice has said, you generally don't ask for more cards when the total value of your cards is at least 16, as it's not worth the chance.

For points towards 21, the number cards are exactly as you'd expect, Ace is worth 1 or 11 (You can choose what it is freely), Jack, Queen and King are worth 10.