Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Specially since Endless Frontier is aligned more to the PS2 version than the GBA one.

gsdx-20220403143427.png

Indeed.

46 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I have been to the end of the earth,
I have been to the end of the waters,
I have been to the end of the sky,
I have been to the end of the mountains,
I have found none that are not my friends.

You mentioning ACIII before this reminds me I had read that, contrary to all assumptions, there are surviving tracts of old-growth forests in the New England region. The notion had been that European settlers and chopped down every last pre-contact tree. Turns out that some isolated, hard to reach patches of forest were able to avoid the executioner's axe.

46 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I've nothing better to do with my life.

As if a bunch of us in this topic haven't felt that way before? I'm the god emperor of self-deprecation in this topic, don't intrude on my turf.😜

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well yes, but PS2 emulation can be uh...uncooperative.

Ask yourself...

...do you think your laptop can handle stuff like this?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I... Had an attack and couldnt breathe before. Holy shit that was scary.

Oh dear... Please get the medical attention you need, friend!

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I... Had an attack and couldnt breathe before. Holy shit that was scary

Oh shit.

Take a break and take care of yourself. Get checked asap.

As i play through the Mega Man Zero games, i am realizing that it really is just Gunvolt where Inti Creates goes apeshit with the boss patterns. MMZ and BMZ boss patterns: a-ok.

Gunvolt boss patterns:

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

Why Gunvolt is the only series Inti goes apeshit with it's boss patterns, i have no clue.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..do you think your laptop can handle stuff like this?

In theory, it should. But PS2 emulation isn't perfect, i had to fiddle around with the settings to get Berwick to not lag.

"If it's your educational philosophy to disregard the feelings of children, then it looks like I've chosen the wrong school"

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

"If it's your educational philosophy to disregard the feelings of children, then it looks like I've chosen the wrong school"

The Jedi order?

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

lel

Nah, Spy x Family

Ah, heh. I've been getting into Star Wars a little bit since I'm thinking about getting the Skywalker saga, so Star Wars has been on my mind lately.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Oh dear... Please get the medical attention you need, friend!

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

I hope you're doing ok right now and yeah, definitely get that checked.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That's not good.😨 Please, get help, I hope it's treatable or a freak incident that'll never happen again. We don't want to lose you.🙂

My mental health might be as unstable as nitroglycerin right now, but a person can live on a battered ego desperate for answers and proper respect. No breathing = no life after like 10 minutes, tops. Get checked, now.

10 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Good luck with that. I hope things turn out for the better soon.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm a bit late but here's hoping you're okay and taking it easy, friend. Do you have an idea of why it happened?

9 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Oh shit.

Take a break and take care of yourself. Get checked asap.

Thank you everyone! ❤️

I actually don't have any real idea as to what happened, besides some guesses, really.

7 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

when i see patterns like this i wonder why you had problems with classic Ys lol

Because in classic Ys, one level below the boss has you getting curbstomped, one level above has you curbstomping it.

That and also Inti Creates does have methods to ensure a more casual audience can enjoy these games. There's an ability called Prevasion in *most of the games that nullifies damage in exchange for draining EP but seeing as how you can restore EP literally whenever as long as you're standing still, you can just power through most attacks. Doing this kills your ranking tho. And i did this a lot when i was younger.

But it's not like you have to use this either, by which i mean you can literally just unequip the item that grants that ability. Which you would have to if you want something else to go in that slot anyways.

And at any rate, i have gotten pretty good without using Prevasion and thus, gotten pretty good ranks.....tho some of the crazier patterns still get to me haha. Should also mention that that craziness is mainly the bosses' SP Skills that they do when there's only 1/3 of the health left. 

*Luminous Avenger iX 2 does not have Prevasion, it instead allows you to full heal whenever and doesn't really penalize you for doing so and there's no way to turn this off either. I mean, you can just not use it either but it'll taunt you every time you bring up the skill menu and it's one of the reasons why iX 2 is the weakest entry in the series.

Anyways like i said before, it's literally just Gunvolt where Inti goes apeshit with boss patterns and i can't wait to see what wacky shit they come up with for Gunvolt 3.

5 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Nah, Spy x Family

It was a truly elegant episode.

Over 15 hours in and only now I'm getting my first revival magic. I like it. Makes it more challenging. Of course, it's a bit undermined by the fact that there's now a shop that sells the thing, so I could theoretically grind my ass off and buy a bunch of those. But... nah.

Anyway, the game decided single bosses werne't tough enough, so it dropped four bosses at once on me. Luckily, they were all complete idiots who wasted turns. My favorite was this guy, a doofus called Ice that looks like a waiter and combed his hair in the middle of battle. Nice work, you all.

Then I was challenged to a race by a bald man with a mustache. He was extremely slow and I won easily, then the game trolled me by having him go "you won! Congratulations! Welp, I'll get back to work." Turns out I had to lose for him to join me. Thanks, game.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Square selling it's older Western IPs but keeping Life is Tumblr really says a lot about the current state of Square Enix lmao.

THAT says a lot about the state of the company?

Not the fact that their big new years message was all about NFTs and them sneering at the idea of people playing games "for fun"?
Or that they just recently released two shameless microtransaction infested games in Chocobo Racing and Babylon Falls?

Oh my God, now Exit Fate has me playing Cluedo.

This game is great.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

One of these days i'll be able to shave off my beard and moustache without cutting my face in the process.

If you don't shave, you don't have to worry about these things.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

https://nintendowire.com/news/2022/05/02/square-enix-sells-various-western-ip-and-studios-to-embracer-group/

Square selling it's older Western IPs but keeping Life is Tumblr really says a lot about the current state of Square Enix lmao.

Keep in mind that something like Life is Strange is far, far easier to produce than real games. If on top of that it's more popular and active than the older IPs, then it only makes sense. The goal of companies is money, so they'll of course do whatever yields the most money.

Case in point:

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

THAT says a lot about the state of the company?

Not the fact that their big new years message was all about NFTs and them sneering at the idea of people playing games "for fun"?
Or that they just recently released two shameless microtransaction infested games in Chocobo Racing and Babylon Falls?

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you everyone! ❤️

I actually don't have any real idea as to what happened, besides some guesses, really.

Best wishes to you, mate. Stay safe and found out what caused it. We're always here for support if you need it.

9 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Reminds me of this video I was watching a second before I saw this.