Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Extreme pillow fights.

Why did I never see the obvious answer in front of my eyes?

Exactly! The true use of a body pillow to beat the shit out of your enemies with your waifu.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

was agreeing with you. I just thought it was funny

Lets just be clear: if the game is too easy, I dont give a shit, being difficult doesnt = fun inherently. 

But if the game is designed around choices, dont make one SO busted (I.E CS) cause if so, then why have (for example) 50 options when the player only wants to use one? If this is the case, why, bother making those options? 

CS is the worst case of this cause CB is so busted that any other option isnt even worth attempting.

If anyone enjoys easy games, great! Thats totally fine! But I dont want to sit there and play on auto pilot the entire game, thats boring, easy or difficult.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Where are the other siblings?

Wrong book. This is The Magician's Nephew, not The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Edited by WraithReborn

So not only does this game require you have knowledge of Blackjack, it also wants you to know your Roman numerals.

I do not remember Roman numerals. I can figure it out as long as it sticks to Is, Vs and Xs, but beyond that... I think C is 100 and L is like... 50? Maybe?

EDIT: Turns out I did remember my Roman numerals. But I misread the number. It was CVIII, not CVII.

Oof.

36 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Is this game good?

STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order™

You saw it on sale at Steam too, didn't you?

...You know what else is on sale? Rogue Legacy 2.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

40 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Is this game good?

Yup! Load times are rather bad, but is a good game.

@Armagon actually finished it, though-I only played a little bit of it.

You know, I would've appreciated more entourage slots, though. When the plot forces me to deploy two characters I want nothing to do with, I can't keep Daniel out of the group, and Daniel... Well, he isn't that great.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I refuse to believe Final Fantasy had bigger licensing issues when Dragon Quest blew it out of the water in terms of representation. 

Do you mean that DQ had multiple games covered? The Heroes shared a moveset because they're all blank slates and it's not like Sephiroth could have three different characters as alts. In terms of licensing, DQ's biggest hurdle was the music with only two tracks per game, and it didn't get any remixes while FF got four (the only other DLC series to not get remixes was Kingdom Hearts). Even the spirits were either recurring enemies or exclusively from DQXI, and the stage was also from XI.

I imagine the Dragon Quest rights aren't spread amongst various parties like the Final Fantasy rights apparently are, which is what I meant by "licensing issues". What I should say is, since time and resources were limited, the developers chose to represent VII well rather than skim the surface of every other game.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, there's a small difference here: Exit Fate is actually a good game.

Yes but Trails in the Sky lets you learn how to speak cat, so it is by definition a good game.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

What about the first one?

Well sure, but would Rubenio like Melia? She's generally considered the most well written female character.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yes but Trails in the Sky lets you learn how to speak cat, so it is by definition a good game.

Tell me where I can play this game right fucking now.

5 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

whoa wait what what is this thread???

It's everything and nothing at the same time.

Happy birthday, friend!

Edited by GuardianSing

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You saw it on sale at Steam too, didn't you?

>steam

Mwahahahaha. As if my laptop could run it. It's on sale on the PS store.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You know what else is on sale? Rogue Legacy 2.

Imagine paying for a PC game.

Johnny Depp queria dar um final digno para Jack Sparrow antes de ser  demitido pela Disney - Manual dos Games

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yup! Load times are rather bad, but is a good game.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>performance issues

>focus on parrying

Yeah, I think I'll pass. Maybe in the future, with a better price...

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Do you mean that DQ had multiple games covered? The Heroes shared a moveset because they're all blank slates and it's not like Sephiroth could have three different characters as alts. In terms of licensing, DQ's biggest hurdle was the music with only two tracks per game, and it didn't get any remixes while FF got four (the only other DLC series to not get remixes was Kingdom Hearts). Even the spirits were either recurring enemies or exclusively from DQXI, and the stage was also from XI.

I imagine the Dragon Quest rights aren't spread amongst various parties like the Final Fantasy rights apparently are, which is what I meant by "licensing issues". What I should say is, since time and resources were limited, the developers chose to represent VII well rather than skim the surface of every other game.

They should've went with the best protagonist

Madason Dragon Quest V Square-Enix Akira Toriyama | Dragon quest, Character  design, Character art

19 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Even the spirits were either recurring enemies

This is what i'm talking about. FF doesn't even get "hey here's a recurring element from across the series".

I mean, there's Chocobo but that's it i think.

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

>performance issues

>focus on parrying

Yeah, I think I'll pass. Maybe in the future, with a better price...

Don't know what price it's on Steam but i got a new sealed copy from GameStop for $15.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is what i'm talking about. FF doesn't even get "hey here's a recurring element from across the series".

A character named "Cid" almost always appears!

7 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

A gloomy prickle bush in the seedy undergrowth of Serenes Forest.

7 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

but, um... also, thank you!! I'm a little late!

Happy birthday anyways!

13 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Madason Dragon Quest V Square-Enix Akira Toriyama | Dragon quest, Character  design, Character art

That character's the closest to Goku Akria Toriyama's gone outside of DB from what I've seen.

Is this Gohan getting isekai'd?

26 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

but, um... also, thank you!! I'm a little late!

Oh, hey there. Been a while. Also a late Happy Birthday!

Think of it as the FE4Thread for the newer generation.

---

18 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Too bad they were going for Eleven due to recency bias and that Madason is the one DQ protagonist that breaks the mold so no skin for him. Still, he would've been cool to see in Smash.

---

Alright, finished Idra Cave! Man, Terraclone was... well, thank goodness for Margaret's healing spell. Still, perhaps it's a sign I needed to forge a bit more. Sadly, not enough gold ore to craft everything at once. I'm already in the early 70's in terms of level so... I'm way covered there, heh.

Also won the Big Catch Contest! One more Gold Trophy in the bag, hehehe...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Exit Fate lets you have a playable cat. It is the superior game.

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Well sure, but would Rubenio like Melia? She's generally considered the most well written female character.

Somehow I doubt I'd like anyone in Xenoblade.

20 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

>steam

Mwahahahaha. As if my laptop could run it. It's on sale on the PS store.

Ah, okay.

Imagine paying for a PC game.

Johnny Depp queria dar um final digno para Jack Sparrow antes de ser  demitido pela Disney - Manual dos Games

Imagine pirating an indie game.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I remember the copies we happened to have being in chronological order, so I tend to go off that.

A "all books in one" edition? Since I also have one of those, and they're in chronological order too.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perhaps this will finally help me understand both of my cats at home!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remember me lads, Jack Sparrow became a pirate because he freed slaves, so we must follow his example and free ourselves from the abusive relationship between corporation and consumer, and give our money only to those who deserve it.

27 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

Good question, happy birthday.

AnnasHummingbirdPaloAltoNorvig.jpg

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_in_the_Sky/

For the record it doesn't translate the cat speech automatically. You can find an in-universe book called "Kitty-Talk for Dummies" that contains several cat phrases and what they mean; for example, "Nyaaoo〜n" means "You're absolutely right." If you memorize the phrases (or screenshot them), you can understand what cats say when you talk to them.

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

His main weapon isn't a sword, so he wouldn't work as an alt. The DQI hero was the other runner-up but lost out to Solo.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ifrit, Shiva, and Bahamut got spirits too, though Bahamut is specifically the ZERO version that is exclusive to VII.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Exit Fate lets you have a playable cat. It is the superior game

Xenoblade 2 has a playable tiger and you can ride said tiger. It is the ultimate game.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

A character named "Cid" almost always appears!

Is there a Cid spirit in Smash?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A good pirate does not steal from the small folk. Pirate all you want with the triple AAAs but the small indie dev from *insert country* deserves the money.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ifrit, Shiva, and Bahamut got spirits too

Ok see this is better.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good question, happy birthday.

Teehee madness, which like tortured Sisyphus is foredoomed to the same monotony day in and day out. I only pray that this perdition can be exchanged for salvation, in only…in only…