• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Even with large corporations I'll buy their games if they're genuinely good and are reasonably affordable. I'm not going to pirate Breath of The Wild just because the devs who poured their heart and soul into that game happen to work with a producer that often does shady business, after all, they too have families to feed.

Oh yeah same, i generally buy my games too.

It's unfeasible for me to pirate Switch games specifically anyways, my PC can't run Yuzu.

hehe thank you all for the birthday wishes! ♥

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

It's everything and nothing at the same time.

Happy birthday, friend!

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

A gloomy prickle bush in the seedy undergrowth of Serenes Forest.

Happy birthday anyways!

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, hey there. Been a while. Also a late Happy Birthday!

Think of it as the FE4Thread for the newer generation.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good question, happy birthday.

AnnasHummingbirdPaloAltoNorvig.jpg

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We talk about things and get into arguments.

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The best thread on the internet!

...maybe..

I think

ok yeah I gathered it must have been a new chat thread but man it sure says something that it's been going on for two whole years and I'd never noticed it which means it really has been a while

but anyway, hello all!

5 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

whoa wait what what is this thread???

The place where we hope the mods aren't looking

It's a chat thread! We discuss games, talk about stuff, I suggest that everyone plays Yakuza 0, and we get into little arguments from time to time!

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

AnnasHummingbirdPaloAltoNorvig.jpg

This reminds me that I never posted a bird for your birthday!

3nDXLhE.jpg

I'm not an early bird, but hopefully it shall do.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 2 has a playable tiger and you can ride said tiger. It is the ultimate game.

Playable is a little bit of a stretch, unless something happens in the last two chapters of the game that I've missed.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

>focus on parrying

Yeah, I think I'll pass. Maybe in the future, with a better price...

Fair, it's quite the price. Furthermore, though people said that Fallen Order was Star Wars Dark Souls, but it's really more like Star Wars Sekiro, a less popular niche.

It is nice of EA to drop it every once in a while, that's a tad unexpected!

Plus, you can instead play Yakuza 4 or Lost Judgment, the best games with parrying in them!

Apparently, EU4 had a massive sale with all the DLC last month and I completely missed it.

Bloody hell, every time I get an itch for this game it's never the right time...

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That, too. Those people can't exactly afford churning out 60 bucks for a videogame that might not even be that good.

If they can even afford the console. Most families in Latin American specifically can't afford anymore then a single family computer, and it's a very sad example of how corrupted the governments are there.

3 hours ago, Ace_ said:

I loved the water temple. Everything about it was great. Especially the fight with Dark Link.

Water temple is underrated, my theory is that since there was a stigma towards water levels back then (And still is) that folks who played the game first time had low expectations for the temple and things that would've been minor annoyances became big frustrations. I have the same opinion on Great Bay temple, a perfectly fine and fun dungeon but when people see water they tense up, like some kind of PTSD.

Ah, and welcome to the thread, mate.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah same, i generally buy my games too.

It's unfeasible for me to pirate Switch games specifically anyways, my PC can't run Yuzu.

Can't one pirate the swi--actually don't answer that question, I don't want the Nintendo ninjas to assassinate me.

6 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

but anyway, hello all!

Ma'alob k'íin! Bix a Beel?

Tried getting back into Grand Knights History, if only a little today. While random encounter are weak, the on-map enemies seem fairly strong. I barely survived an encounter with two surviving allies. Getting KO'ed I also discovered instantly drops a person's Brave to 0, that is going to be very annoying and wine is going to be very important. On the other hand, defeating map icon enemies grants +40 Brave to everyone. The stat seems both trivial and restraining at the same time, an odd combination. I'm still early in the game, but perhaps it'll present more of a challenge than I thought it would.

---

Then there was a hornet that somehow got in my house. It thankfully hung out high above on the skylight, but then that made it difficult to kill. In fact, while it seems to have plummeted after lots of prodding, it dashed out of sight and hasn't been seen since. Which leaves us and our dogs paranoid that, perhaps injured, it could be anywhere. Yay.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Yeah... no. When I say the game has aged badly, I'm talking about the story.

Fair enough. I don't worry too much about the story in a game. Take Final Fantasy XII. I have beat that game 100% and have no idea what happened in it because I kind of skipped all the cutscenes because back when I was playing it I was in high school and kind of needed to save time for assignments and such. I've been through Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess at least 5 times over the years... and still never watched the majority of the cutscenes. Point is people put different degrees of weight on a story. I imagine if I valued story more, my favourite Fire Emblem wouldn't be Shadow Dragon. My favourite Castlevania certainly wouldn't be IV. But my favourite Zelda would probably remain unchanged.

I know I'm late, but...

Welcome GIF - Welcome - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Fair enough. I don't worry too much about the story in a game. Take Final Fantasy XII. I have beat that game 100% and have no idea what happened in it because I kind of skipped all the cutscenes because back when I was playing it I was in high school and kind of needed to save time for assignments and such. I've been through Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess at least 5 times over the years... and still never watched the majority of the cutscenes. Point is people put different degrees of weight on a story. I imagine if I valued story more, my favourite Fire Emblem wouldn't be Shadow Dragon. My favourite Castlevania certainly wouldn't be IV. But my favourite Zelda would probably remain unchanged.

Fair. A while ago I was the type that thought the story was the most important thing, maybe because I spent a lot of time inside the FF fanbase and that's the main way to rank games, but I've changed since I joined the fandom of Fire Emblem. I wonder what my opinion of Shadow Dragon would be today.

22 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:
1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Fair. A while ago I was the type that thought the story was the most important thing, maybe because I spent a lot of time inside the FF fanbase and that's the main way to rank games, but I've changed since I joined the fandom of Fire Emblem. I wonder what my opinion of Shadow Dragon would be today.

Really wouldn't matter what you think. Personal opinions generally can't be wrong. Ergo you could flat hate my favourite games and I'd see no problem with it. Most of the time there's no wrong way to have fun. Of course there's obvious exceptions. If someone entertains themself at other's expense (serial killers for instance), that crosses a line. But in deciding whether one likes a game or not... it's pretty difficult to legitimately harm anyone.

It's 4 AM...

52 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Really wouldn't matter what you think. Personal opinions generally can't be wrong. Ergo you could flat hate my favourite games and I'd see no problem with it. Most of the time there's no wrong way to have fun. Of course there's obvious exceptions. If someone entertains themself at other's expense (serial killers for instance), that crosses a line. But in deciding whether one likes a game or not... it's pretty difficult to legitimately harm anyone.

I highly doubt I would hate it, since it has a pretty good and robust gameplay. The only problem is that it's ugly

And yep. More people should think this way

4:40...

20 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Rookie Numbers

As if it is a good thing. I have to change my habits soon, before starting to work...

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

steins-gate-wave.gif

Ew, Prop.

Throw an Okarin at the guy.

6 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

ok yeah I gathered it must have been a new chat thread but man it sure says something that it's been going on for two whole years and I'd never noticed it which means it really has been a while

but anyway, hello all!

Do feel free to stay! You can join the thread's Three Houses gang.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

If they can even afford the console. Most families in Latin American specifically can't afford anymore then a single family computer, and it's a very sad example of how corrupted the governments are there.

Yeah... I suppose that's why bootlegs are so commonplace in those countries. People just have no other choice for videogames.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then there was a hornet that somehow got in my house. It thankfully hung out high above on the skylight, but then that made it difficult to kill. In fact, while it seems to have plummeted after lots of prodding, it dashed out of sight and hasn't been seen since. Which leaves us and our dogs paranoid that, perhaps injured, it could be anywhere. Yay.

I follow a "out of sight, out of mind" approach with these things. Critters seem to have a talent for vanishing from the face of the Earth once they leave my line of sight, anyway. I just let them go on with their lives, just the same as I.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Water temple is underrated, my theory is that since there was a stigma towards water levels back then (And still is) that folks who played the game first time had low expectations for the temple and things that would've been minor annoyances became big frustrations. I have the same opinion on Great Bay temple, a perfectly fine and fun dungeon but when people see water they tense up, like some kind of PTSD.

The 3DS version was definitely navigable from my experience and Dark Link was a good bit as well.

Still haven't played far in Majora's Mask, so can't speak on Great Bay Temple.

Nah, the LoZ dungeon that caused me the most stress is a certain jump in Snowpeak Ruins (A room with a bottomless floor that requires you to jump across icy wooden beams), I got stuck by that for a bit.

7 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Take Final Fantasy XII. I have beat that game 100%

You beat the OG version 100%? Wow, that must have taken alot of time and more reading things up. XD

9 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

but anyway, hello all!

I am late but welcome and happy birthday!

Welcome to the thread new folks (i'm late on this i know).

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Playable is a little bit of a stretch, unless something happens in the last two chapters of the game that I've missed.

Nah, definitely playable.

Like i know what you're saying, i'm just saying that would still be considered playable.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Should've gotten the spray.

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

A lot of RPG fans would argue that the story is the single most important part and they can be very stubborn about this.

I mean sure, ideally the story would be good but it's called a video *game* for a reason.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

As if it is a good thing. I have to change my habits soon, before starting to work...

Meanwhile, the past two nights have been me waking up earlier than i'm supposed to. Might be due to me leaving the curtians a bit open so light filters through earlier.

...that and my PS4 randomly turning off (was on sleep mode for a week, good thing Lego Star Wars autosaves) combined with the unsettling dream of a rotting Micky Mouse costume (dream me knew it was fake so i guess it wasn't a nightmare) kinda scared the shit out of me at 5:50 AM.