Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But then, Sigurd demanding that his wife pretend to be his sister when they have funny bed times would be so believable from Kaga...

Reading a sex advice column, I did see one husband complain that his wife wanted threesomes with her brother a little too much.

Reality can be strange.

2 hours ago, ping said:

G0I8DEz.png

WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

As the degen here who has expressed a sort of interest in dakis, I shall begin preparing at once!😝

I sound kinda like a doomsday pepper saying that. Which reminds me that I somehow stumbled on an article about two doomsdays Reddits, one is the traditional one about guns and junk, while the other talks more about food and cooperation between prepper families that survive the collapse of civilization. The primary demographic divider of these two Reddits? Gender. Women and women's interests seem to have been traditionally ignored in the doomsday community, which are rather topics from what the men would want to bother with. Honestly, I think the women are probably thinking about the more important things.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nintendo's report for the fiscal year is out and Metroid Dread sold 2.9 million copies, making it officially the best selling Metroid game. Additionally, Kirby and the Forgotten Land did well for itself by selling 2.65 million in one week (as this listing is as of March 31). The list of sales is under "Million-Seller Nintendo First-Party Titles" if you'd like to look for yourself.

Excellent. Kirby and Metroid deserve it. They might be silver-tier Nintendo franchises (even if Kirby closer to gold in Japan and Metroid closer to bronze there), but they're sterling silver for sure.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Video didn't embed. 

First 20 seconds of this one.:

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Mega Man ZX is alright. It honestly fails at being a Metroidvania but at least the moment to moment gameplay is good enough to make up for it and this is the one and only time you'll ever see me use the horrid "good x but bad y" way of describing something maybe i should just deduct another point and call the game bad.

The reason why someone should never use absolutes. Exceptions tend to spring up sooner or later.😛

Looking back and glimpsing the old reviews, yeah it looks like the map design was criticized when it first released.

Hopefully Advent is going better.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My ears! Tourniquets ASAP!

To think I thought myself unbreakable for surviving Eternal Wings. I was clearly mistaken.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

CHEEEEEESTOOOOOO!!!

Ah, so it's not a purely-OGs war cry? My limited understanding of Japanime meant I didn't know if it was or not. I don't recall hearing it in any game I have played where I had/opted for Japanese voice acting. 

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, so it's not a purely-OGs war cry? My limited understanding of Japanime meant I didn't know if it was or not. I don't recall hearing it in any game I have played where I had/opted for Japanese voice acting. 

No. It seems to be a samurai thing. Whether or not it did happened, Japan has decided that Chestoh is their like, official or go-to warcry or so. Another example:

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Metroid Dread sold 2.9 million copies, making it officially the best selling Metroid game.

Maybe now they can finally release the full version of this

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First 20 seconds of this one.:

Japanese BotW players have ascended human existence. 

Hopefully Advent is going better.

Advent is definitely utilizing the Metroidvania design way better.

My ears! Tourniquets ASAP!

To think I thought myself unbreakable for surviving Eternal Wings. I was clearly mistaken.

The worst part is is that despite the collection having various language options, the changes are universal. As in, you play JP and you'll get JP in both voice and text.

I have no choice but to put up with this (hey what if i play in Spanish?)

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/tales-of-luminaria-to-end-service-on-july-19

Another gatcha bites the dust, at lightning speed even- eight months. Namco took longer to pull the plug than Sega did on the infamous Sakura Revolution though- six months.

While I don't love the sight of failure, even for as predatory and anti-consumer a genre as gatcha, I do appreciate it in a way. People are told "don't fall for get-rich-quick schemes", even if corporations don't learn and continue to flourish, seeing them make that mistake is good.

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No. It seems to be a samurai thing. Whether or not it did happened, Japan has decided that Chestoh is their like, official or go-to warcry or so. Another example:

Ah, Samurai Warriors. I get it now.

When are we going to get a goomba that headbonks Mario shouting "Chesto-Nutto!"?

As it is, I don't know where the term Chesto originated, but it's clear by now that it's codified in Japanese media.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look, I really don't want a bad beef between us. Especially not over something as trivial as a slight from months ago and a few harsh remarks at videogames. It could ruin the vibe of the thread if we start spending time yelling at each other.

Let's just let it go, all right? I got angry earlier. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry. In the future, let's exercise some restraint around each other, the both of us. Can we just leave it at that?

I can agree with this.

I apologise as well.

Assassin's Creed III

You could've focused on crucial moments like the Green Mountain boys or the release of Common Sense that lead to the Colonies wanting independence over repairing relationships with Britain.

But instead you focused on the rumored plot to kill Washington that in the long run didn't have much to do with anything, and then you skipped right to the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

I'm sorry, was printing pamphlets with Thomas Paine not fun enough for a game about Assassins?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey, while we're on the topic, does anybody know where the "Yooooooooooo" sound effect came from?

You know which one I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey, while we're on the topic, does anybody know where the "Yooooooooooo" sound effect came from?

You know which one I'm talking about.

No, which one?

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nintendo's report for the fiscal year is out and Metroid Dread sold 2.9 million copies, making it officially the best selling Metroid game. Additionally, Kirby and the Forgotten Land did well for itself by selling 2.65 million in one week (as this listing is as of March 31). The list of sales is under "Million-Seller Nintendo First-Party Titles" if you'd like to look for yourself.

Well that's a positive sign for both.

Still looking for a bit lower on Kirby for the moment, with life at the moment I'm not ready to play it.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I sound kinda like a doomsday pepper saying that. Which reminds me that I somehow stumbled on an article about two doomsdays Reddits, one is the traditional one about guns and junk, while the other talks more about food and cooperation between prepper families that survive the collapse of civilization. The primary demographic divider of these two Reddits? Gender. Women and women's interests seem to have been traditionally ignored in the doomsday community, which are rather topics from what the men would want to bother with. Honestly, I think the women are probably thinking about the more important things.

This is unsurprising and still heartening people are actually thinking about what's needed in the fall of man.

They can just take the guns off the starved madmen when they expire.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Jo

did i miss anything

A fair amount, but I just chose to keep out.

Probably should have suggested PMs.

Raging Bull's chapter boss fight was... 😆. Not exactly easy either, if still so big and slow enough that I can see a true expert coming out unharmed with some ease. The mid-boss was actually harder.

I felt the chapter itself started off as kinda formulaic for the sake of it, though the stuff at the end did up the stakes. I ponder with my characters in the 30s levelwise and most -probably soon to be all- of Balduq proper outside of the prison accessible, how much longer the story is going to go on though. VIII dragged on a little too long, but now I'm a tad concerned now IX will be a tad short for what it needs.

Another full moon Grimwald Nox... yes I am lowering the enemies' level no question if I fail first time this time.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Assassin's Creed III

You could've focused on crucial moments like the Green Mountain boys or the release of Common Sense that lead to the Colonies wanting independence over repairing relationships with Britain.

But instead you focused on the rumored plot to kill Washington that in the long run didn't have much to do with anything, and then you skipped right to the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

I'm sorry, was printing pamphlets with Thomas Paine not fun enough for a game about Assassins?

Doesn't surprise me for a mass popularity Western action video game franchise, gotta jump to the gritty red meat blood & gore right away. 

Making Sanji recoil whenever he hits a female enemy is most certainly a design decision. Except for Mosou attacks, which just flatout won't connect at all.
I wonder if that is where Koei got the idea for the Weapon Triangle from.

But also, this is probably why, at least compared to the Warriors games I know, your allies can actually defeat enemy officers who are part of an objective without you being around.
Of course most of the time you don't have a home base anyway, so the concept of your allies slowing down enemy officers is kinda meaningless.

I imagine I would not like Pirate Warriors 3 all that much if it still had all the annoying weapon and inventory management of other Mosou games. But as is, I can just start a level and throw punches around. And that's just a lot more fun if I don't already have to dread needing to clear out the inventory in 15-20 minutes, or whatever other busy work the games require.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

TFW Granddaughter and Grandma in the same school

Just wait until Silphy's daughter marries her great-uncle.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

With Connor in the room for some reason!

I wonder if i should suggest Fate to Sooks hmmmmm

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

how much longer the story is going to go on though.

bull iirc was ch5, right?

The game has 9 chapters

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

Just wait until Silphy's daughter marries her great-uncle

. . .

Edited by Shrimpolaris

12 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

. . .

Enjoy the peak of Mushoku Tensei while it lasts. After the Begaritt continent arc, it goes downhill.

Just now, Newtype06 said:

Enjoy the peak of Mushoku Tensei while it lasts. After the Begaritt continent arc, it goes downhill.

I really don't like the current arc. Overstayed it's welcome to much.

Imo has been going downhill ever since Eris left, and the way she was made to leave was....

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I really don't like the current arc. Overstayed it's welcome to much.

Mushoku's at its best when its slice of life kino. The manga does a poor job to convey the cozy atmosphere. Read the novels

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Imo has been going downhill ever since Eris left, and the way she was made to leave was....

Pfffffftttt

Just wait to see what happens after she returns

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Doesn't surprise me for a mass popularity Western action video game franchise, gotta jump to the gritty red meat blood & gore right away. 

Ironic considering one of the biggest outside critiques from western gamers for Assassin's Creed is that they take too long to get to the action.

I play these games to see how they portray the history and I've notice that AC III seems to expect you the player to already know all about the Revolutionary war, which is understandable since most of the market is going to be Americans but even still it has you fill in a lot of the gaps for what's happening.

It especially feels weird since within game you've barely had any interactions with George Washington and already expects you to know about him and how important he is, compare that to Assassin's Creed II where you wouldn't have to even know who Leonardo Da Vince was to appreciate his character in game.

Sorry for the rant, I know few people here play these games but I needed to get that off my chest.

I haven't beaten the game yet so I'll see how things go.

9 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

With Connor in the room for some reason!

Continental Congress goes unexplained as well.

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Just wait to see what happens after she returns

From the spoilers i read it's something wtf worthy lol

Like i don't know the details, but i wonder how that will be done without it being bad xD