Good work!

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Congratulations on that!

13 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yay! Congrats!

Thanks much.^^

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

It especially feels weird since within game you've barely had any interactions with George Washington and already expects you to know about him and how important he is, compare that to Assassin's Creed II where you wouldn't have to even know who Leonardo Da Vince was to appreciate his character in game.

Sorry for the rant, I know few people here play these games but I needed to get that off my chest.

I haven't beaten the game yet so I'll see how things go.

I think this hits some of the reasons why AC3 kicked me off the series. AC3's story is so reliant on you having knowledge of, and a strong moral belief in righteousness of the American Revolution.

After some time it seems I've tested positive for Covid.

This really hasn't been my week, Christ...

Oof...take care of yourself

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

turns out I passed that class, so that's a relief

can kinda relax for a bit now that everything's finished up

Congrats!!!

40 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Im gonna ask a strange question: why do so many JRPG's have fishing somewhere? Like whats the reason?

Fishing is just an easy thing to make a minigame for. JRPGs (and open world games) often like to add optional minigame content so you have an alternate means of grinding to change the game's difficulty (to break up the monotony of any one form of grinding), or give you something you can do in game when you don't have the time or the mindset for the next section of story content, or even just some completionist way to extend the amount of content in the game who want to spend more time with this fantasy world.

Take care of yourself man.

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

seems like I missed, uh, quite a bit

turns out I passed that class, so that's a relief

can kinda relax for a bit now that everything's finished up

Congrats man.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but if we want to talk about music elevating recommendations, this is definitely something

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, i'm praying for you! 

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

oh boy

Take care of yourself and get well soon!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Oof... Hope you recover well and quickly!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Take care of yourself, Quetzal. I hope you recover quickly.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Hope you recover well from it.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, man. Hopefully everything goes well and you can recover quickly.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:
OOF

Take care, I hope you have a quick recovery.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

It sucks that that happened. Take care of yourself, you can get through this!

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof...take care of yourself

shukran.

I'm not worried about myself but I am disappointed about the plans that I'll likely have to cancel. My brother's graduation is happening and I might have to miss it.

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think this hits some of the reasons why AC3 kicked me off the series. AC3's story is so reliant on you having knowledge of, and a strong moral belief in righteousness of the American Revolution.

I almost wonder if it would've been more interesting to have the game be set during the 7 years war right before the revolution.

With Ratonhnhaké:ton staying as the main character, it could focus on the interesting position of being a small tribe stuck between the war of two colonial superpowers, and the slow division of the Haudenosaunee during the war.

But again I've yet to beat III, and I've been told that it least tries to give a nuanced look at the Revolution.

I'm also playing the remake, I have no idea if that has any major changes from the original.

Edited by GuardianSing

After fighting this boss for almost two hours, delaying my bedtime and very aggressively whispering obscenities at the screen...

I have determined that I cannot beat this boss without getting hit. So I gotta leave it for tomorrow.

Goddamnit.

51 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I knew you'd like it, my dear😘

Thank you so much, honey~

49 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ruben x 06 otp?

Hey, now...

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm not worried about myself but I am disappointed about the plans that I'll likely have to cancel. My brother's graduation is happening and I might have to miss it.

Hope everything turns out alright.

Pls take care of yourself.^^

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thank you so much, honey~

👀

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, today wasn't a good day for me in Smash. Only won once...

I know this feeling all too well, you aren't alone there. It happens to the best of us, trust me.

I don't really play often, admittedly. I may be playing Smash since the 64 days, but only very occasionally. Like nowadays, only if my cousin comes to visit.

And Renegade has joined readily enough, the Monstrum gang is united at last. Yippee.😄

Like Ys VIII, the cast of Ys IX isn't particularly plot relevant. I'd actually say it's less so with Aprilis not being playable while Dana plenty was. Which is to not say I'm disliking the crew either. Ys starting as I'm aware as a action RPG franchise that didn't go all JRPG deep on the plot makes a lighter cast an understandable choice. They're still nice people. Compared to VIII, the characters feel more subdued other than Hawk, but that isn't a bad thing either; Laxia's introduction, both Bash-type characters in VIII, I think someone could have not have exactly liked those things. Renegade's backstory is cliched, but I don't mind him at all. Oh, and Raging Bull might be the most ordinary of the characters, but I was happy to see that I could get past that laughable first impression.

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

bull iirc was ch5, right?

The game has 9 chapters

Correct. And nine sounds reasonable. Leaves me with the full team for about 44% of the game then.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Covid? Been there done that, during Thanksgiving of all things. It was no different from any other fever I've had, other than some very incessant coughing for me.

I wish you well!😃

Imagine fighting a boss who has about 3k HP, dealing about 300 per average, he heals 999 every one of his turns, all while having to protect an NPC. And said boss uses a skill that deals damage realtive to damage taken, and literally one shots guest, forcing a game over. 

So when I do get close, he uses that and I GO. This fight is hell, haha.

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ruben x 06 otp?

Ruben played Dragon Age: Origins, so he's a friend in my eyes 👍