Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh right, replies.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

No?

That's the kill count for the life. Which means the final boss is there. Didn't want to show the fella.

7 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Sleep Edge... check. Units who can't double or crit with an A rank in swords might be trick. I'm thinking Dean might work. He's got A swords and dismounting penalties affect him. Leif and Fergus are right out though. Fergus has 20 skill.. and 20 strength.. and 18 defense... and 16 speed. Even with dismounting penalties he's kind of going to destroy anything I send him at.
As for Leif... I'm pretty sure he'll be busy elsewhere.

Keep in mind the sleep edge is extremely heavy. The speed penalties should be enough to bring someone down to a good AS threshold.

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I've looked at my units. Leif, Dean, Fred, Fergus and Ralph have the required sword rank. Problem is Fred's combination of dismounting penalties, con and speed means he ends up with an attack speed of 1 with the thing.... some of the armours have 5 or 6 AS. Others have 0. My ideal would be three... but Dean, Ralph and Fergus go so far above it it's not funny. Leif on the other hand would end up with the perfect three AS. 20 weight minus 7 con being 13, and Leif having 16 speed would put him at 3. So Leif might unironically be my best bet.

Yep, there you go. Now you just need a little bit of luck, a unit big enough to rescue the armors once they're green, and you can say you've recruited Xavier legit.

4 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Why can I see Leif having this exact mentality after Rumei back in the day?

I just love that unless this one rando tells him, Leif just completely misses the fact that Dagdar and Tanya are under attack. Like, wouldn't he want to, y'know, quickly check the manor before moving on?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep, there you go. Now you just need a little bit of luck, a unit big enough to rescue the armors once they're green, and you can say you've recruited Xavier legit.

Herein lies the problem. In the game I suspended ready for my attempt, Fergus and Halvan are both big enough to lift all but three armors. Othin could lift any... but he's on the right side of the map... which makes it the wrong side under the circumstance. One Friege armor is alrady dead... because I had a bolting tome with one use left. Olwen pulled a crit. Problem is, no one one on the right side has a warp staff. So I'll either get away with 5 rescues or redo the chapter. One or the other.

24 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Herein lies the problem. In the game I suspended ready for my attempt, Fergus and Halvan are both big enough to lift all but three armors. Othin could lift any... but he's on the right side of the map... which makes it the wrong side under the circumstance. One Friege armor is alrady dead... because I had a bolting tome with one use left. Olwen pulled a crit. Problem is, no one one on the right side has a warp staff. So I'll either get away with 5 rescues or redo the chapter. One or the other.

You shouldn't need the warp staff for this. As long as those three armors are separated enough, they shouldn't become inaccessible by the civilians. By which I mean, don't let all three of them fall asleep while huddled together against a corner. Otherwise, just get a civvie to its respective lieutenant, get the lieutenant out of the way, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You shouldn't need the warp staff for this. As long as those three armors are separated enough, they shouldn't become inaccessible by the civilians. By which I mean, don't let all three of them fall asleep while huddled together against a corner. Otherwise, just get a civvie to its respective lieutenant, get the lieutenant out of the way, rinse and repeat.

I meant to move Othin to the side I wanted him on for rescuing armors too heavy for anyone else.

6 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I meant to move Othin to the side I wanted him on for rescuing armors too heavy for anyone else.

Ahh, I understand. Well, first see if you'll actually need him. Three armors isn't that many armors. You can worry about it when it becomes a problem. Keep an eye on them and try to make sure you sleep them far from each other, if you can.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, I understand. Well, first see if you'll actually need him. Three armors isn't that many armors. You can worry about it when it becomes a problem. Keep an eye on them and try to make sure you sleep them far from each other, if you can.

Went about as expected actually. Leif crits the first armor to reach him. Just like I've come to expect from the guy. This is going to be Chapter 8 all over again isn't it?

19 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Went about as expected actually. Leif crits the first armor to reach him. Just like I've come to expect from the guy. This is going to be Chapter 8 all over again isn't it?

...Oof.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 3 in general looks really smooth. Heck the game is honestly looking to be the best looking Xeno game. 

Crazy to think about this game coming out in two months.

I know! Their engine just gets better and better! From memory, XC 1 is the only game that had in battle lag (in the mechonis city, Agniritha, it was awful)

I AM SO EXCITED! But you knew that already. XD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oof.

Between this, Chapter 8, and countless other times where he got a crit or adept that I'm not complaining about, I find it ironic my experience with Leif is "the guy who wants to have no mercy" in the game with a capture mechanic. Near as I can tell, the only time it was in character was when I had him one round FE4 Travant.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, the final boss theme?

Fire.

THEY DID IT AGAIN

I want to play the game with this and The Dragon’s Forge…

9 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Wow.

Unexpected blast from the past.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

THEY DID IT AGAIN

Hahaha... Yeah. Cellar Door's musicians are great. Even back in the first game. Pretty sure the one and only thing Rogue Legacy 1 has over Rogue Legacy 2 is that it has this song.

Of course, Rogue Legacy 2 has a greater banger-to-fine ratio than 1 did, so that's kind of a moot point, but... Yeah. Just wanted an excuse to post this.

By the way, fun fact: Both games employed two musicians. This song was made by the same guy who did Immortal Cain, A Shell In The Pit. Dragon's Forge was made by the other one, Tettix.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I want to play the game with this and The Dragon’s Forge…

I mean, if you like, you can just mute the game and play them on the background. But I would advise against it. There's a possibility there are more cool themes in the game.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, if you like, you can just mute the game and play them on the background. But I would advise against it. There's a possibility there are more cool themes in the game.

Well yeah. They’re good, but they’re not that good that they justify not experiencing the rest of the soundtrack or the moments when they both pop up naturally. I was just saying the music is so good that it’s an effective tool for shilling the game.

Well.. it's official. Capturing Rumei took me more tries than recruiting Xavier. I gave Leif as little room to screw up as humanly possible. He only put three of the armors to sleep. I sniped the Friege ones from outside the room with Fergus and the Flame sword, and Salem. After that, Leif got the hell out of there... and a bit of rescue reshuffling the hostages did the rest.
The fact one particular armor I put to sleep kept dodging everything really helped, because it stopped any suicides... and meant not having to send in Leif to put more down.
There was a mishap with Xavier and the killer bow... but Leif had a scroll... and 14 defense.

Monolith Soft really dropped the first eight seconds of the Unique Monster theme and then dipped.

92e.gif

200.gif

Release the full song cowards.

Anyways in addition to this, we can see a big green quest marker so that's nice. The timer is there too so that's pretty much confirming that Tombstones are back.

And i've noticed that the UM'S HP has a fire ball in the middle......wait....oh my God.......i think i know what that is. Enrage status in Xenoblade 2 is characterized by flames. If that's also true for Xenoblade 3, then that fire ball in the HP bar is supposed to tell you at what point the enemy will Enrage at. Holy shit, that's God-tier QoL. Not only will you know when it happens but you can tell before even fighting them whether or not they'll Enrage. Based Monolith Soft.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

FShrPh7VkAA1atC?format=jpg&name=large

This is my reminder that i still haven't progressed far enough to meet her.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

How does this world reproduce itself?

There's a manga out there where a virus wipes out 99% of the male population. Don't question these things Dayni.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

.....Why though?

Has there ever been an explanation for such a mess? Was the staff the same on some of those other titles? Were there factors beyond the people involved?

Ok i do have to look this up (and i'll tag @Shrimpolaris and @Interdimensional Observer since i already told them about this and they'll maybe want to see this story through to the end)

According to a post on Reddit:

"originally gunvolt would get its own english voice acting, and the localization team was given liberty to change dialogue however they saw fit as the new dub would just go over that(perhaps too much liberty). In the end however, an english dub was impossible to implement for one reason or another, and only one of the songs was ever got an english version(which was eventually also patched into the japanese version of the game), and later on Inti Creates decided that the english releases would get jp voice acting to go with them from the start."

But this is from Reddit so accuracy is debatable. But if true, it sounds like they took the Ghost Stories approach. But like, not funny.

Btw, the Inti localization was actually done by one guy btw, so that's cool.

But then as i kept digging deeper, 8-4 also did Gunvolt 2. Which had a good localization.

“We are working with 8-4 again on the translation, but as you may know, we got a lot of feedback from the first game in regards to what people thought of its English translation. The team at 8-4 is very much aware of that feedback, so the translation for Gunvolt 2 may vary a little bit from what you saw with the first game. We have the utmost faith in 8-4’s abilities, and have no doubts in our minds that they will produce a fabulous translation.” -Inti Creates CEO Takuya Aizu

"May vary a little bit" lmao the difference is night and day. That's the last Inti game 8-4 worked on tho so after that, it's been Inti Creates themselves doing the localization (this might also explain why Gunvolt 1 and 2 are the only self-published Inti games to not be released simultaneously). My guess is Inti Creates kept a keen eye on 8-4 during Gunvolt 2 localization.

....honestly this still doesn't explain why Gunvolt 1's original localization was so bad.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the kill count for the life. Which means the final boss is there. Didn't want to show the fella.

Ohhhhh.

Honestly it was hilarious how CDI Mario was in your image with no explanation and then you left for the day.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

From memory, XC 1 is the only game that had in battle lag (in the mechonis city, Agniritha, it was awful)

Xenoblade 2 had it in the Old Factory (the worst dungeon).

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a manga out there where a virus wipes out 99% of the male population. Don't question these things Dayni.

Well here it asks a different question to "All men are wiped out but me!" narratives (The crappy ones of those go for the, uh, obvious answer as to where to take it.). Hence why I'd like to know.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But then as i kept digging deeper, 8-4 also did Gunvolt 2. Which had a good localization.

“We are working with 8-4 again on the translation, but as you may know, we got a lot of feedback from the first game in regards to what people thought of its English translation. The team at 8-4 is very much aware of that feedback, so the translation for Gunvolt 2 may vary a little bit from what you saw with the first game. We have the utmost faith in 8-4’s abilities, and have no doubts in our minds that they will produce a fabulous translation.” -Inti Creates CEO Takuya Aizu

"May vary a little bit" lmao the difference is night and day. That's the last Inti game 8-4 worked on tho so after that, it's been Inti Creates themselves doing the localization (this might also explain why Gunvolt 1 and 2 are the only self-published Inti games to not be released simultaneously). My guess is Inti Creates kept a keen eye on 8-4 during Gunvolt 2 localization.

So they got told "KEEP IN THE LINES!" the second time.

At least it worked I suppose.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"originally gunvolt would get its own english voice acting, and the localization team was given liberty to change dialogue however they saw fit as the new dub would just go over that(perhaps too much liberty). In the end however, an english dub was impossible to implement for one reason or another, and only one of the songs was ever got an english version(which was eventually also patched into the japanese version of the game), and later on Inti Creates decided that the english releases would get jp voice acting to go with them from the start."

But this is from Reddit so accuracy is debatable. But if true, it sounds like they took the Ghost Stories approach. But like, not funny.

Well, that shows how free they were, though sadly that doesn't give use where 8-4 were coming from.

Alas. Thank you regardless.

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well yeah. They’re good, but they’re not that good that they justify not experiencing the rest of the soundtrack or the moments when they both pop up naturally. I was just saying the music is so good that it’s an effective tool for shilling the game.

Hah, of course. Here, have another one. It's slower and more somber than the other two, but that doesn't make it bad, just different. Hope you like it also.

57 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well.. it's official. Capturing Rumei took me more tries than recruiting Xavier. I gave Leif as little room to screw up as humanly possible. He only put three of the armors to sleep. I sniped the Friege ones from outside the room with Fergus and the Flame sword, and Salem. After that, Leif got the hell out of there... and a bit of rescue reshuffling the hostages did the rest.

Not bad! Not bad at all. Good work.

57 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

The fact one particular armor I put to sleep kept dodging everything really helped, because it stopped any suicides... and meant not having to send in Leif to put more down.
There was a mishap with Xavier and the killer bow... but Leif had a scroll... and 14 defense.

14 defense Leif? Damn!

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a manga out there where a virus wipes out 99% of the male population.

Ah, so Lisa: The Painful but genderbent.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ohhhhh.

Honestly it was hilarious how CDI Mario was in your image with no explanation and then you left for the day.

Haha, yeah, I get how that would've been pretty confusing. Probably should've explained, but I was still in the middle of a "wow this game is amazing" rush. Couldn't think of anything other than shilling the game as much as humanly possible.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

14 defense Leif? Damn!

And now he's promoted. His promotion gains may not be much, but with him having 45 HP (partially from a stat booster), 15 strength, 13 skill, 16 speed, 14 luck, and 14 defense prior he doesn't need them to be. My Leif was blessed or at least on par in any stat bar magic (his entire magic stat being from rings barring the point on promotion) at level 20. Or at least benefited from the fact I tended to make sure he had as many scrolls as possible on levelling. Now he can get levels again I don't have to hold him off as much as I have been... and I can take full advantage of his lack of fatigue. He's earned that promotion. His only fault if he's too prone to killing enemies when I don't want him to in chapters ending in an 8.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Most people in Lisa are horny. You know, no women and all.

Oh when you said all the women died before the start of the game, i didn't think you meant all of the women lmao.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And i've noticed that the UM'S HP has a fire ball in the middle......wait....oh my God.......i think i know what that is. Enrage status in Xenoblade 2 is characterized by flames. If that's also true for Xenoblade 3, then that fire ball in the HP bar is supposed to tell you at what point the enemy will Enrage at. Holy shit, that's God-tier QoL. Not only will you know when it happens but you can tell before even fighting them whether or not they'll Enrage. Based Monolith Soft.

They always manage to one up themselves! 

Xenoblade 2 had it in the Old Factory (the worst dungeon).

I tried to block that out of my mind, thank you.

20 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

And now he's promoted. His promotion gains may not be much, but with him having 45 HP (partially from a stat booster), 15 strength, 13 skill, 16 speed, 14 luck, and 14 defense prior he doesn't need them to be.

Leif's promotion doesn't seem like much until you realize it doesn't lower his experience gains. He basically just resets his levels while gaining a boost of stats. He can become a powerhouse in just a map or two afterwards. Just another instance of Leif being Roy-tier on the surface, but really being much better when you think about it. How people ever argued that he's worse than Roy is beyond me. Just the way Thracia works benefits him greatly.

...Of course, on that subject - Thracia lategame being what it is, Leif's shiny new stats don't help him much, because two maps later you start to really want to warpskip everything. All the power to ya if you choose not to do this, however. I tried chapter 21 semi-legit once (I say semi because I employed some save states) and it was horrible.

20 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

My Leif was blessed or at least on par in any stat bar magic (his entire magic stat being from rings barring the point on promotion) at level 20. Or at least benefited from the fact I tended to make sure he had as many scrolls as possible on levelling. Now he can get levels again I don't have to hold him off as much as I have been... and I can take full advantage of his lack of fatigue. He's earned that promotion. His only fault if he's too prone to killing enemies when I don't want him to in chapters ending in an 8.

Luckily, I don't believe there's more of these "you need this enemy alive" shenanigans left. Leif can slaughter to his heart's content!

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh when you said all the women died before the start of the game, i didn't think you meant all of the women lmao.

Well, that's the whole point, established as soon as the intro cutscene. There is exactly one girl left in the entire world - the main character's adoptive daughter. You can probably imagine where the game goes with that.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/rune-factory-5-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-500000

500k for RF5. Sure it's not amazing. But it sounds like it guarantees another entry. Distribution of sales is unknown, but at least 128k of them were Japanese physical. Sounds like 3D transition and frame rate issues weren't the death knell people were thinking it'd be after all. Now I just need to pick up a copy myself.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Also rainbow watering can. That is all)

That's RF tradition going back to RF1. Because, rainbow.🌧️

Best watering can has a ❤️ design instead.

Don't read anything into it.😉

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

(The crappy ones of those go for the, uh, obvious answer as to where to take it.).

Cue the Doctor Strangelove scene where the mad scientist advises that humans go underground for nuclear doomsday survival at a ratio of 1 male per 10 females.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

You got the recruit from the depths of Hell? Without save states? Congrats!😃

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

14 defense Leif? Damn!

Sir, this is Thracia.

Fire-Emblem-Thracia-776-2019-12-07-17-24

You know stats are trivial to max.

Though 14 Def unpromoted is still very good on Leif. (Mine got like 2 early Mov procs instead.)

Btw, the Inti localization was actually done by one guy btw, so that's cool.

From what I've heard, you don't want to make a translation team too big. One is certainly too small for a text-heavy meaty JRPG, if fine for a story-light action-platformer. I'm not sure what the perfect number is, but I get the sense it should be under ten crew members. Maybe 5 or 6. Ideally native speakers of both the original language and the language being translated into are on the team; I've also been told you should never professionally translate into a language that isn't your native tongue. I believe the stated issue with an oversized localization team is keeping the script consistent.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sir, this is Thracia.

Fire-Emblem-Thracia-776-2019-12-07-17-24

You know stats are trivial to max.

I'm just impressed that The Roger's unpromoted Leif got so much defense. My Leifs tend to be squishy.

But yeah, stats in Thracia are whatever. Universal caps and scrolls make is extremely easy to get a lot of people to a clean 20 statsheet.