Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glad to hear you'reĀ improving.šŸ˜ƒ

Take it easy still, you don't want to exacerbate things by attempting needless exertions.

Thank you!

See that's the difficult part, I'm an incredibly energetic person so it's been hard to stay still all day everyday, it's why I haven't very much good sleep.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is why i don't engage in politics. there is no "truth" in this world anymore.

Those who do not engage in politics are doomed to be governed by men worse than themselves.

There is truth in this world, but to those in high positions in gets sidelined for power.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

"Soon" does most sound a lot sooner then I expected.

Unless the "Soon" referred to the reveal of a release date. With the actual date still being very much way off.

If you want the exact wording, the first messages from a week ago said "There already is a release date!" "soon", but the message from the day after said "And I was not kidding when I said the release date would be 'soon'!"

The second message could be read both ways, but the first one would seem to more clearly imply that the game is not far off. Either way, I cannot give you precise numbers, and overanalyzing the wording of a jokey message wouldn't be too productive. So I suppose I'll just keep an eye out for more info. Still, either way, it wouldn't seem like this is going to be stuck in development hell. We'll get it.

Incidentally, the dev also happened to acknowledge the weird-ass screenshots of gameplay in the Steam page. I believe we talked about it a while back. As I thought, they're just placeholders, that's why the unit count is all screwed in them.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It specifically relates to the ending:

Ā  Hide contents

Normally after Cassius arrives to save Richard and the party from the final boss, Estelle and co. get to defeat the helpless Reverie themselves. But if your bracer rank is 5th class, Cassius destroys Reverie by himself in a cutscene.

Again this requires skipping every sidequest and missing almost every bonus BP opportunity, so it's very unlikely that anyone will see it by accident.

Yeah, Iā€™d never heard ofĀ that. Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I must say I am doing so much better today, all I have is some light fatigue and a little loss of appetite.

That may sound bad but compared to the last few days I might as well be cured right now.

Thatā€™s good! I hope you continue to recover. Take care of yourself.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Ā 

You know what would really make me laugh? If it came out around the same time as Three Hopes. Then we'll have the masses of FE fans fawning over it, and over in the corner the group of grumpy elitists playing their no-budget Kaga jank game.

I mean, I know I lost my elitist card when I liked Fates, but I'd still join the group playing a real FE.

Well, Eurovision finally had someone whose pop cred was entirely outside it sing. Sure, Mika wasn't prominent for a while, but he's still pretty good 15 years after his peak.

As for Vestaria 2 news, Soon is soon until we hear something concrete.

I'm a little buzzed admittedly, but eff it.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Those who do not engage in politics are doomed to be governed by men worse than themselves.

There is truth in this world, but to those in high positions in gets sidelined for power.

Seems appropriate for some polities right now.

Look at what's been going on in the Phillipines, it's pretty fucking literal now sadly.

49 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Only dating app i would ever use

Me finding my soulmate shitting on Enter the Dragonfly

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ā 

Also if you've French ancestry, by the way. Half of my family is French.

Well that gets us closer connected, as I am descended from some French Huguenots.

Ā 

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not for being "radical woke SJWs" because two women kissed for two nanoseconds in the background of a shot lol.

Its more about Disney being opposed to the draconian anti-LGBT laws coming into Florida. It started with controversy over the "don't say gay" bill, but I seem to remember the straw that broke the camel's back for Disney was when they made it illegal to have diversity seminars, which are often required to avoid lawsuits in states that Disney does business in, which put Disney in a bit of a catch-22 legally, and finally got them to start pulling funding from the politicians that were enacting these laws.

Ā 

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I must say I am doing so much better today, all I have is some light fatigue and a little loss of appetite.

That may sound bad but compared to the last few days I might as well be cured right now.

Glad you are feeling better!

Ā 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ā 

But like i said before, even though they're doing it for the wrong reasons, cutting the copyright year protections by like half would actually be a good thing. There's no reason it needs to last 70 years after the originalĀ creator's death (ok where did the 95 come from then?)

The 95 is if the unkillable corporation is claiming to be the creator of the thing...

Ā 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ā 

I mean if they're doing it specifically because they think Disney is being woke, i'm pretty sure that'd violate some part of the First Amendment. I'm surprised a federal judge hasn't reversed what DeSantis did to Disney yet.

Copy Right has a lot of funky interactions with the first amendment (really the amendments in general, as congress having the power over Copy Right was granted in the Constitution itself...), so that probably wont be a major issue, but it will force the US to break about 170 international treaties about copy right if it passes...although given how Trump acted, not sure if that will matter to the Republicans.

Ā 

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For everyone waiting on Vestaria Saga 2: I just found a link to Dangen Entertainment's discord server on Vestaria Saga 2's Steam forum. Out of curiosity, I went in.

Still no release date, but a dev came up just a week ago and said "soon". The following day, they claimed they "weren't joking" when they said the release date is "soon."

I know, this information is worth jack. Guess now that I'm here, I'll stick around. If anything juicier comes up, I'll let the rest of you know.

Well that is making me optimistic, and reminds me that I should get around to finishing Vestaria Saga. I hit the end of Aggro Incarnate's excellent information on it (I want to say that was chapter 11 or so), and went searching for as useful of a resource (but never did find one...).

14 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ukraine not sweeping? I am surprised

I legit think there's something up with the juries with some of these 12s. The UK being on top is baffling.

Be fascinating to see how this ends up.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Nah, i know who i am and what i want, and that's all that matters to me. People in political positions can screw around with eachother all they want for all i care: which i don't.

I still get a chuckle that Skyrim has a character named Mila Valentia. Sure, this was long before they localized Valencia as Valentia... for some reason, but it's still amusing.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Moldova wew boi

>Moldovan train go BRRRRRRRR

12 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Serbia leading wtf

Apparently bad healthcare resonated.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

439 wtf

Well, it was obvious. Always like thisĀ 

Not with that kinda come back tho

I did anticipate the televote would be the decider for Ukraine, but if any one of Spain, the UK or Sweden had had broader appeal who knows?

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Thank you!

See that's the difficult part, I'm an incredibly energetic person so it's been hard to stay still all day everyday, it's why I haven't very much good sleep.

Even a lazy person like myself sometimes feels like "I should've hit the treadmill today" when I'm still awake at night and struggling to sleep.šŸ˜†Ā Exercise is good in general for one's sleep routine.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Only dating app i would ever use

I oddly think I might've heard of an attempt at a hate-basedĀ dating app before. Either must've failed or been relegated to a deepĀ niche if I've never heard of it again.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Especially if you aren't part of the majority, and i mean that in every was possible, down to the way you act

The old tribal/religious/nationalistic divide. Us vs. Them, Self vs. Other. As old as Ancient Greece with the old Elite Greek Men vs. Poor Greeks, Women, and Barbarians worldview. Or the ChineseĀ Emperor > Chinese Bureaucracy > Chinese People > Tributary Barbarians > Non-tributary Barbarians hierarchy. Probably older than Antiquity even, just not so well recorded.

The foreign, the minority, even the masses, everything has been discriminated against at some point -and probably still is.Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The old tribal/religious/nationalistic divide. Us vs. Them, Self vs. Other. As old as Ancient Greece with the old Elite Greek Men vs. Poor Greeks, Women, and Barbarians worldview. Or the ChineseĀ Emperor > Chinese Bureaucracy > Chinese People > Tributary Barbarians > Non-tributary Barbarians hierarchy. Probably older than Antiquity even, just not so well recorded.

The foreign, the minority, even the masses, everything has been discriminated against at some point -and probably still is.Ā 

And then there're those in the mid, multicultural, traveleres, etc.

They are just hated on by everyone and can feel foreign pretty much everywhere

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Thing is, as much as we might hate it, politics really really affects our lives

Especially if you aren't part of the majority, and i mean that in every was possible, down to the way you act

That doesn't mean i should let them tell me how to live or who i am though. They think they can control people, and i want no part of that.