Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You find the lore rooms. Usually they're rooms with a readable book or a memory in them.

So get back to exploring…

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The first boss lol. Doesn't his name show up onscreen for a solid few seconds every time the fight starts?

Oh yeah, it does, doesn’t it.

There’s a room with his memory in it?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So get back to exploring…

If you want. You can always keep trying the boss. It's up to you.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, it does, doesn’t it.

There’s a room with his memory in it?

Yep.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you want. You can always keep trying the boss. It's up to you.

I mean, yeah, but a boost would be nice. The problem isn’t even that its attacks are hard to dodge, I just get so impatient at whittling down its health so slowly that I start playing super recklessly for no reason. Maybe I should upgrade my strength some more…

35 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That one's pretty awesome.

I did also catch a glimpse of a pretty rad Raquel art before Twitter started demanding I sign in. This artist's nice.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, yeah, but a boost would be nice. The problem isn’t even that its attacks are hard to dodge, I just get so impatient at whittling down its health so slowly that I start playing super recklessly for no reason. Maybe I should upgrade my strength some more…

Hahahah... I get the feeling. Well, the boost you get from the lore puzzles is a damage boost, so it sounds like it'd suit you just fine here. Try to perform a lot of skill crits too if you aren't already, the extra damage is much appreciated.

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Oh I see, Nabuuru has her hands behind her back. Could never quite make sense of that window.

Still drawing a blank on Ruto, though. She looks like a butterfly with a human face.

Okay but look at Darunia! His shoulders are so creepy!

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, that's another one we don't get. Well, hope it looked nice.

IMG-8905.jpg

It did.

I'm not much of a stargazer, it's too complicated and the weather isn't consistently good where I am. But this was fortunate and easy enough that I could see it.

Ok so Monopon tweeted out some very interesting info. First, about the Nopon, nothing too special except that we know that Riku (and by extension Noah's crew) are from Keeves Colony 9. Which may have just confirmed a theory. I saw an edit like this before but i couldn't find it so here's my own

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Obviously it's not the exact same building but somebody noticed "you know, these two buildings look very similar" and now that we know Noah and friends come from a Colony 9, it's possible that they don't just come from a Colony 9 but the Colony 9.....one that has undergone much change. Ancient buildings in real life have seen big changes, so it's not farfetched to say that the Colony 9 fortress was remodeled later down the line.

If so, this is exactly what i was talking about with Observer last night. Even if an area is straight-up pulled from the previous games, i want to see it be changed beyond recognition but keep little bits here and there. No doubt in my mind we'll see a few cities return, both in the sense that they've advanced and both in the sense that they are now ruins (someone was able to identify what appears to be Fonsa Myma's ruins in the second trailer).

Now watch this bit age horribly.

Anyways that's actually not the interesting thing i wanted to talk about. The actual interesting part is this: the classification of Riku and Manana. They are "Heroes". What are Heroes? Well according to Monopon: "Throughout the main story, additional party members from outside the main six can join the battle! These individuals are known as "Heroes." This seventh slot can be filled by all sorts of characters. Once they officially join the party, they will fight alongside you in battle!”.

This is strongly implying that those seventh party members aren't guest characters but rather, character you can permanently recruit into the party, both through the story or through other means. You know what other game did that? Xenoblade X. And if recruiting these Heroes allows the main six to class change into those classes as well, then the customization.....the customization possibilities

tumblr_inline_olfkacjA9i1r7kgth_540.jpg

Xenoblade X2 may not be within our reach yet but it's clear to me that Xenoblade X's DNA is living on. And who knows, maybe Monolith Soft will take the lessons learned from this game and apply it to Xenoblade X2. I mean where do you from six active party members at once, surely you can't do more hahaha *Xenoblade X2 will let you take 10 party members to the field*.

Now watch this bit age horribly.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IMG-8905.jpg

It did.

I'm not much of a stargazer, it's too complicated and the weather isn't consistently good where I am. But this was fortunate and easy enough that I could see it.

I got some low quality pics too

20220515_232414.jpg?width=324&height=432

20220515_235548.jpg?width=324&height=432

20220515_235549.jpg?width=324&height=432

Taken at different times, i decided not to wait until it got red cause i wanted to sleep at that point haha.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I got some low quality pics too

20220515_232414.jpg?width=324&height=432

20220515_235548.jpg?width=324&height=432

20220515_235549.jpg?width=324&height=432

Nice! Fortunately we've scientists and professional stargazers and whatnot for the real good images.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Taken at different times, i decided not to wait until it got red cause i wanted to sleep at that point haha.

Shame you missed the moment where the local Lynel respawned right behind me. 

And I getcha on the sleep, I was lucky last night in that I wasn't in my "struggles to keep my eyes open while using the laptop at 10:30 PM" state of mind.

While solar eclipses got a lot of attention, it doesn't seem like there is as much cosmic hoopla over the lunar ones. But, I suppose a nickname like "Blood Moon" and every red moon in fiction ever is enough to go on.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is strongly implying that those seventh party members aren't guest characters but rather, character you can permanently recruit into the party, both through the story or through other means.

I'm thinking however they could use this for a character death situation as well. I mean, it's not like Monolith hasn't had temporaries before, but "guest" status would suit them best I'd think.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is strongly implying that those seventh party members aren't guest characters but rather, character you can permanently recruit into the party, both through the story or through other means. You know what other game did that? Xenoblade X. And if recruiting these Heroes allows the main six to class change into those classes as well, then the customization.....the customization possibilities

Full class customization for everyone... well it would prevent things like Hope again, possibly the worst permanent Xenoblade playable character.

While I already considered XC2's Blades an indicator that a playable cast filled with minor side characters could remain an XC staple, XC3 is further confirming that XCX2 could retain its large crew of BLADE members.

Although, if X2 did allow you customize everyone's weapon load out, what would keep Cross (or "Double Cross" if they wanted to give us a new avatar) special? Does Cross need to still have some kind of advantage over everyone else? No, they don't. Elma needs an infinite-energy phenomena-altering Skell, I refuse to let her power level stay lower than everyone except Lora's.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X2 may not be within our reach yet but it's clear to me that Xenoblade X's DNA is living on. And who knows, maybe Monolith Soft will take the lessons learned from this game and apply it to Xenoblade X2. I mean where do you from six active party members at once, surely you can't do more hahaha *Xenoblade X2 will let you take 10 party members to the field*.

I hate to say the diabolical evil blasphemous heretical heathen ungrateful disgusting technobratic graphics-whoring phrase... "Switch Pro". But I will say that X2 will NEED to be on the successor to the Switch. Both for graphics and the processing load you're making me think about. X2 would be the perfect game to showcase how much stronger the Switch Mk. II is compared to the original system.

Anywho, don't MMORPGs often have raid battles that exceed four players in number? XCX is MMO-lite, upping the playable count wouldn't be out of line. Plus, it'd up the feeling of playing not as a BLADE, but as BLADE, the entire organization, not just a single member. I'd love to be able to bring: Cross, Elma, Lin, Doug, Phog, Irina, Hope, and Murderess and Nagi into a single battle. If I made Cross a Pathfinder, the above eight (I could opt for a different combination) would cover every BLADE Division, plus Nagi the Division-less NLA Defense Secretary who towers above them all. Then, if the squad of nine accidentally aggros a Millesaur while fighting some Grexes, I order everyone to board their Skells. Would be kinda sweetalicious.🤩

Would also make me crave a 100% not-canon "turf wars" mode where players can duke it for control of Mira. Try to steal as many Ganglion strongholds, Earthling Base Camps, and FrontierNav Probe Sites from fellow players and hostile indigens.

So there is this plot-relevant old woman in Exit Fate who is so ugly, I initially mistook her for an old man. That is a character design that is unique. I would like her in the team... But then, 75/75 characters.

You know, I won't presume to know what the thought process of the dev was, but I'm just sayin'... 78 may not be as aesthetically nice a number, but despite the massive, incredibly varied cast, I still feel like it would've been cool if a couple more of these NPCs could've been thrown in. I know I'm complaining about a playable cast that's already pretty amazing in its size and variety, but... Well, I suppose when everyone and their mom has spent the entire game joining, the few that do not sting more than they usually would. Minor pet peeve, though, nothing more.

Ah, well. It doesn't matter, I've got the team almost completely set for life. I know I said that like five times and then it turned out to not be correct, but... There's only one character slot that I'm uncertain about, at this point.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

While solar eclipses got a lot of attention, it doesn't seem like there is as much cosmic hoopla over the lunar ones. But, I suppose a nickname like "Blood Moon" and every red moon in fiction ever is enough to go on.

I think it's because a solar eclipse is like, really noticeable but lunar eclipse doesn't change the light coming to Earth. Still cool tho.

I'm thinking however they could use this for a character death situation as well. I mean, it's not like Monolith hasn't had temporaries before, but "guest" status would suit them best I'd think.

I still think it could happen, in fact, i did think that the seventh slot original was just guest characters and maybe one of them doesn't make it out.

On the subject of Heroes tho, the eShop does say that Xenoblade 3 will have in-game purchases a.k.a DLC. I'm sure you can imagine the potential possibilities here.

While I already considered XC2's Blades an indicator that a playable cast filled with minor side characters could remain an XC staple, XC3 is further confirming that XCX2 could retain its large crew of BLADE members.

Monolith Soft has been experimenting with large casts romaing around but it seems Future Connected was the first to really put it into practice with the Ponspectors.

And obviously too early to say but i think Xenoblade going forward might just ditch party limits and just have the whole party out at once. Like why go back to limiting it, you know what i mean?

But I will say that X2 will NEED to be on the successor to the Switch. Both for graphics and the processing load you're making me think about. X2 would be the perfect game to showcase how much stronger the Switch Mk. II is compared to the original system.

Agreed. Xenoblade has traditionally pushed the systems to it's limits and with Xenoblade 3 being the largest Switch game in terms of size, i do think Monolith Soft's next step is to make a game for the next console.

Which depending on how close it is, we'll still wait a few years but by the time the Switch Pro and Xenoblade X2 comes out, it'll still be a shorter wait time than waiting for the latest Falcom games to be localized.

Would also make me crave a 100% not-canon "turf wars" mode where players can duke it for control of Mira. Try to steal as many Ganglion strongholds, Earthling Base Camps, and FrontierNav Probe Sites from fellow players and hostile indigens.

I'm a Monolith Soft employee, i'll pass on your idea to my superiors.

Jokes aside, the increase in party members would allow Monolith Soft to expand the online capabilities of the game beyond what X can do. Maybe in an "online mode", Planet Mira becomes an MMO hub and you can interact with players in all sorts of ways. Meet, greet and grief haha.

13 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

A certified Fire Emblem classic.

image.png.11dbe9adc47139d6ad5eee37d001d09d.png

"I COULD go out there and help my armies out. Maybe give a speech, rally the troops, raise morale by being there, visibly leading them. And hey, I'm obscenely powerful according to the story, I could definitely put on some work if I went to fight myself.

...But this throne is so comfortable."

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IMG-8905.jpg

It did.

Ah, trying to take a picture of the moon with a phone.

Least it's apparent just how red it's gotten.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha

Legendary Super Shag is canon.

And hold on, they shrunk the Iron Giant to make it playable. I am pretty mixed about this considering the point of that movie. But you can't deny they're trying for these reps.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Legendary Super Shag is canon.

And hold on, they shrunk the Iron Giant to make it playable. I am pretty mixed about this considering the point of that movie. But you can't deny they're trying for these reps.

They learned from Ridley. lol

Still worth it, to see him next to Superman... totally worth it...

The Blood Moon is rising...

13 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Still drawing a blank on Ruto, though. She looks like a butterfly with a human face.

I'm guessing those flutters are her fins on her arms.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I think it's because a solar eclipse is like, really noticeable but lunar eclipse doesn't change the light coming to Earth. Still cool tho.

It's enough to stop a war in ancient Greece after all.

Both solar and lunar eclipses are really useful since we can use science to determine when certain eclipses happened in history and then we can see if people wrote about it on that date, they're like real checkpoints in history.

I just assisted to a funeral event on zoom. Not someone I knew, but she was distant family and that's why my parents decided to assist. Since it didn't require me to sit up, I figured, why not.

They talked more about Jehovah than the person at hand. I think my atheism has increased by 30%. No offense to anyone's beliefs.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Try to perform a lot of skill crits too if you aren't already, the extra damage is much appreciated.

I keep accidentally dashing into the boss.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I keep accidentally dashing into the boss.

Oof.

Yeah, it happens. Nothing to do there than learn to read the distance... Or, get a different class. You unlocked mage yet? That one's one of my favorites.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Since you can't switch out the six "main" characters it would be strange to have a dozen characters competing for one slot. Most likely the seventh character will vary throughout the game and you'll get to use (almost) everyone by the end, or you can use everyone freely in New Game+.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

On the subject of Heroes tho, the eShop does say that Xenoblade 3 will have in-game purchases a.k.a DLC. I'm sure you can imagine the potential possibilities here.

Atlus will cross over with anything so Joker Persona is in.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha

George Newbern didn't voice Sephiroth in Smash, but at least he gets to voice someone in a platform fighter now.

Since the Iron Giant is in, Godzilla when?