• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screenshot_6776.png

Seeing Pete Pain try in vain to brainwash Aschen while she dabs on him feels so good after what he tried to make her do earlier.

Screenshot_6788.png

Screenshot_6789.png

Always fear the kind man when he's angry.

Oh btw

Screenshot_6791.png\

This was not ok, why does he have a 70% Forced Evade rate?

.....Final boss gonna have 100% won't it? 90% minimum.

Screenshot_6797.png

Screenshot_6798.png

Screenshot_6801.png

Screenshot_6802.png

T-elos, you of all people should not be saying thi-

Screenshot_6803.png

Oh look at that. They called you out.

Screenshot_6816.png

Monolith Soft could not have forseen the sheer power they would unleash by making a skeleton with a glowing left eye.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I COULD go out there and help my armies out. Maybe give a speech, rally the troops, raise morale by being there, visibly leading them. And hey, I'm obscenely powerful according to the story, I could definitely put on some work if I went to fight myself.

...But this throne is so comfortable."

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Since you can't switch out the six "main" characters it would be strange to have a dozen characters competing for one slot.

Depends on how many Heroes there are. And we do know that Riku and Manana take up one slot so it's possible that there may be other "dual heroes". Although it's more likely this is specifically to them.

But i do think given the thematic focus of the main six, a few characters competing for a seventh slot might just be something to deal with. Which yeah it's weird but Xenoblade X had 16 playable characters but only three available slots, because you couldn't switch out Cross.

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Atlus will cross over with anything so Joker Persona is in.

ON_MY_TL.gif

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just assisted to a funeral event on zoom. Not someone I knew, but she was distant family and that's why my parents decided to assist. Since it didn't require me to sit up, I figured, why not.

They talked more about Jehovah than the person at hand. I think my atheism has increased by 30%. No offense to anyone's beliefs.

Woof, I suspect that'll be the same for a relative of mine as well.

How did you assist over Zoom though?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6816.png

Monolith Soft could not have forseen the sheer power they would unleash by making a skeleton with a glowing left eye.

Is this Serif?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Woof, I suspect that'll be the same for a relative of mine as well.

How did you assist over Zoom though?

The woman died in France, with relatives and friends all over the country and a sizeable amount here in Spain. For convenience's sake, they decided to hold a small event remotely for anyone that couldn't physically be at the actual funeral.

The event turned out to be a Jehovah Witness mass in all but name. An experience, to be sure. My mother joked that we should turn on the camera so they'd see me and think I'm Jesus. Y'know, beard, long hair.

They talked more about Jehovah than the person at hand. I think my atheism has increased by 30%. No offense to anyone's beliefs.

This reminds me of cousin's funeral, as part of the service really felt like they were trying to force god to intrude upon our ability to grieve.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The event turned out to be a Jehovah Witness mass in all but name. An experience, to be sure. My mother joked that we should turn on the camera so they'd see me and think I'm Jesus. Y'know, beard, long hair.

Cue this if they took it seriously.

Definitely not near that myself, my hair's still not grown back since the wedding.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The woman died in France, with relatives and friends all over the country and a sizeable amount here in Spain. For convenience's sake, they decided to hold a small event remotely for anyone that couldn't physically be at the actual funeral.

It's the assist part that I'm trying to get. Did they ask you to do a reading?

59 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This reminds me of cousin's funeral, as part of the service really felt like they were trying to force god to intrude upon our ability to grieve.

Yikes.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Cue this if they took it seriously.

Definitely not near that myself, my hair's still not grown back since the wedding.

Oh, they took it very seriously. We had this one guy give us a 20 minute lecture on how death exists because Adam ate an apple that one time, and thus the woman's passing was a result of man's sin and one day the world will be freed of death and sadness if we just believe in our lord's piety or whatever.

Ah, well. Not to diss the beliefs of others. I shouldn't take issue with the fact that they used a person's passing to preach - after all, she was one of them. My parents said she would've wanted it that way. So who am I to judge.

It's the assist part that I'm trying to get. Did they ask you to do a reading?

Ah, haha! No, sorry. I fell prey to one of those pesky "false friends", as they called them back in high school English class. When I said "assist", I meant "attend." "Asistir" in Spanish means both things, so I get confused sometimes when writing in English. My bad.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, haha! No, sorry. I fell prey to one of those pesky "false friends", as they called them back in high school English class. When I said "assist", I meant "attend." "Asistir" in Spanish means both things, so I get confused sometimes when writing in English. My bad.

Ah good old translation.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, they took it very seriously. We had this one guy give us a 20 minute lecture on how death exists because Adam ate an apple that one time, and thus the woman's passing was a result of man's sin and one day the world will be freed of death and sadness if we just believe in our lord's piety or whatever.

Ah, well. Not to diss the beliefs of others. I shouldn't take issue with the fact that they used a person's passing to preach - after all, she was one of them. My parents said she would've wanted it that way. So who am I to judge.

20 minutes. Yeah, that person doesn't realise that only works when preaching to the choir and even then that's not guaranteed.

It tends to be the case with religious ceremonies that these types of talks would be there from my experience, though admittedly I'm not exactly focusing on the speeches in the ceremony to commit them to memory.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When I said "assist", I meant "attend." "Asistir" in Spanish means both things, so I get confused sometimes when writing in English. My bad.

Definitely a Spain thing tho. Like in Venezuela at least, we have "attender" which is attend. So from my perspective, "asistir" does not mean attend depending on the context because there's another word for it.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You unlocked mage yet? That one's one of my favorites.

Yeah, but I didn’t use it that much.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

20 minutes. Yeah, that person doesn't realise that only works when preaching to the choir and even then that's not guaranteed.

I mean, truth be told, he WAS preaching to the choir. We just happened to be there due to familiar connections, not religious. But we were definitely the exceptions there.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Definitely a Spain thing tho. Like in Venezuela at least, we have "attender" which is attend. So from my perspective, "asistir" does not mean attend depending on the context because there's another word for it.

Atender is something we have here too. It also means both assist and attend depending on the context. They're synonyms. Though I believe asistir is a bit more common here.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, but I didn’t use it that much.

It's a projectile-based class, that encourages heavier use of spells by grantimg skill crits whenever one is used. I find it really fun, but to each their own.

@Saint Rubenio Apparently I already found Lamech’s memory. Is that all I needed for the boost or do I need to fill all the other “???” slots in the library?

Oh, apparently Lamech has more than one memory. Well, never mind then.

Edited by Sooks

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That one's pretty awesome.

I did also catch a glimpse of a pretty rad Raquel art before Twitter started demanding I sign in. This artist's nice.

I use a browser extension to block the login wall.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

ON_MY_TL.gif

Joker Persona's name in the anime is Ren, so instead they'll add Kylo Ren, Ren from Ren & Stimpy, and Renne from Trails.

Also

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

100% in agreement here. I can definitely see Shulk and Rex showing up in some sort of flashback or perhaps even as a spirit and some fans speculate Poppi might show up due to a certain thing that was set up in Xenoblade 2 (if you know, you know) but honestly, don't go overboard with the returning faces. Realistically, i only see five characters (including everyone's favorite bird and cat ladies) returning in the flesh and i'm sure you can guess who i'm thinking of.

I don't want too many returning characters either, beyond references, but I have a specific want too

Spoiler

I'd like to see Pneuma again (as in Coffee with Milk) because she deserves more screentime, not that I'm sure how. Either Pyra and Mythra fused back together after Rex's death, or they chose to pass on with Rex and Pneuma is their "spirit" as a sort of counterpart to Alvis. Them "ascending" would explain why they don't try resolving the Keves/Agnus conflict themselves, and Alvis and/or Pneuma will probably give the party spiritual advice late in the game (like Rei and Kaworu in The End of Evangelion, not that you've seen that) rather than helping them directly. (Is the "five characters returning" counting Pyra and Mythra separately?)

Speaking of returning characters, Mio is clearly related to Nia but we don't know how yet. My current theory is that Nia "gave birth" (literally or not) to Mio by splitting her human half into a separate entity, but I don't know why Mio would have a Core Crystal in that case...

Edited by Lightchao42

IT HAPPED AGAIN

I GOT THE “DIE IN ONE HIT BUT +200% GOLD TRAIT” AND THE BOSS ROOM SPAWNED RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE I DID, SO I WAS SHOWERED IN MONEY!

RNG can be a blessing sometimes.

Also I unlocked assassin and it seems like a super fun class.

Edited by Sooks

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

On the subject of Heroes tho, the eShop does say that Xenoblade 3 will have in-game purchases a.k.a DLC. I'm sure you can imagine the potential possibilities here.

Watch Rex get sidelined for the Aegis girls. Don't do it Monolith, defy the haters.

If they're going to bring back Elma again (Overdrive go brrrrrrr), please have her tease some new stuff about her backstory and whatnot. Maybe make the battle to recruit her involve a Skell now to change it up. But don't (XCX spoilers)...

Spoiler

Show off her True Form. Save that for X2's reveal trailer.

Old Nia and Melia... maybe? I'm personally disinclined to see Fiora again. Shulk is very likely if he isn't still alive in the main game (though for one who dislikes gods governing the world, it'd be a little hypocritical), but I wouldn't mind Dunban instead to change it up a little. Dundun has just enough pizzaz to stand out on his own. Zeke has his own brand of charisma and could work as a joke of a returning character.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Which depending on how close it is, we'll still wait a few years but by the time the Switch Pro and Xenoblade X2 comes out, it'll still be a shorter wait time than waiting for the latest Falcom games to be localized.

There is a rather diverse range of opinions as to when the Switch successor will arrive. 2023 is a total no with chip storages still a thing, 2024-26 gives us a more reasonable but rather large window.

Perhaps Monolith could return to some kind of non-Xeno project to have another release before the Switch 2.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This was not ok, why does he have a 70% Forced Evade rate?

.....Final boss gonna have 100% won't it? 90% minimum.

Double checking, nah, it's only 60% for the final phase of the final battle. 'Course being the last fight, you can go absolutely crazy with the consumable items and Spirit usage, you have no reason to hold anything back.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6801.png

Ah yes, the spoiler that is absolutely no spoiler at all.😄

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6816.png

Ezel's Assist Character status was a tad unexpected. None of the other "rulers" of the Endless Frontier join, the game already passed over Shuten. But then, I suppose they wanted to complete the Orchestral Army.

Next dungeon BTW has a timed escape sequence at the end, time will pass during battles. Though they might have been merciful and replaced random encounters during the countdown with a couple of encounters at fixed locations.

FS61-6pXsAMokwi?format=png&name=small

So Sena's hammer can transform into a weight lift and she's carrying it with one hand.

Girl strong.

Atender is something we have here too. It also means both assist and attend depending on the context. They're synonyms. Though I believe asistir is a bit more common here.

Yeah i was moreso saying that Venezuelans don't say "asistir" to mean attend at all. 

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is the "five characters returning" counting Pyra and Mythra separately?

Yes.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Pneuma is their "spirit" as a sort of counterpart to Alvis.

Which would be fitting because Pneuma means spirit.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a rather diverse range of opinions as to when the Switch successor will arrive. 2023 is a total no with chip storages still a thing, 2024-26 gives us a more reasonable but rather large window.

I see a 2025 release myself. Xenoblade X2 on the tenth anniversary.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

None of the other "rulers" of the Endless Frontier join, the game already passed over Shuten.

I fully expected Shuten to join tbh.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Next dungeon BTW has a timed escape sequence at the end, time will pass during battles. Though they might have been merciful and replaced random encounters during the countdown with a couple of encounters at fixed locations.

If i had a nickel for every time Winderkind or whatever it's called had a timed escape sequence, i'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened twice.

Oh nice, I got all the memories.

Maybe I can try my hand at the boss again, whenever I find the room again.

Also, gunslinger is very fun as well. I finished my first time playing as an assassin, which went great, but more on that later.

Edited by Sooks