Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Remember when I said I wanted to scrounge 20k out of the Arthur paralogue months ago?

I gave up and it unsurprisingly was not driving me up the wall. Course, it didn't help a bunch more moved earlier than I anticipated, but I only have 6.5k. Should I reset?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Remember when I said I wanted to scrounge 20k out of the Arthur paralogue months ago?

I gave up and it unsurprisingly was not driving me up the wall. Course, it didn't help a bunch more moved earlier than I anticipated, but I only have 6.5k. Should I reset?

My gut says no, but I guess it depends on how desperately you need that gold...

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah yes, the series where KH2 was the third game, and I don't even know which games should be counted between KH2 and KH3. Not to mention nonsense number names like 358/2 Days, and the infamous 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue...

For Kingdom Hearts? All of them. Even the MMO ones.

I think the most hilarious part is that the Olympus level of III is introduced as "Kingdom Hearts 2.9", as if they needed to cram just one more before finally seeing that III in the title. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah yes, the series where KH2 was the third game, and I don't even know which games should be counted between KH2 and KH3. Not to mention nonsense number names like 358/2 Days, and the infamous 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue...

I've never played a single KH, and never intend to, but funny naming and supposed needlessly convoluted plots aside, but I've been told that categorizing it all isn't actually that bad. Birth By Sleep and the no-decimals or fraction numbered ones are the "main" titles, there are a few "bridges" that provide important connections for the main games, and the stuff that -while relevant b/c everything is- can be considered "spinoffs".

Not that I'm going out of my way to seriously defend KH. All I'm saying is that you can make chronology more complicated than a title can contain, without making it convoluted or overwrought. I think most video game franchises where the plot matters will run into this at some point. Final Fantasy didn't b/c each game is its own story... until they made a sequel for X, which Square came with the admittedly elegant Roman-Arabic solution of "X-2" for.

It's not bad. The voice acting is kinda decent.

But man, hearing Gunvolt characters speak in English just feels wrong. Especially for Gunvolt and Lumen, i'm way too used to their Japanese voices.

Glad the option is there for those who want it but imma stick to the original voices.

Inti could you release this game earlier so i wouldn't have to blitz through it in less than a day?

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Truly the movie of all time.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never played a single KH, and never intend to, but funny naming and supposed needlessly convoluted plots aside, but I've been told that categorizing it all isn't actually that bad. Birth By Sleep and the no-decimals or fraction numbered ones are the "main" titles, there are a few "bridges" that provide important connections for the main games, and the stuff that -while relevant b/c everything is- can be considered "spinoffs".

A lot of KH fans would argue that the rest aren't even spin-offs in the first place.

I see KH talk and ill I think is: "I wonder if others realise that KH III itself is literally godawful". 

All that time, all that buildup, for what? Bad gameplay, a halfassed storyline, shitty AI, awful balance, giant maps with literally nothing on them. Need I go on? 

Short version: dont play KH III unless its DLC.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, Nomura.

Reminder that i do not have a horse in this race.

I dont think even the best writers could have saved that storyline. It was fucked.

I think once I've finished CotF I'm gonna post it here on Serenes too. At this point I feel past the point of starting to do it here on updates now, so I'll just put it all up once it's done...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

My gut says no, but I guess it depends on how desperately you need that gold...

It'd be nice to have more, but Percy is critical for my Corrin's reclassing so getting him is good.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, the bridal banner is pretty much "Roy and his Harem... and his dad."

This is exactly why Hector wanted Roy nowhere near his daughter.

I just made the mistake of watching the latest FEH news.

I like how Roy is marrying his dad. Very progressive.

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think they get that from Lief always having the lowest enemy staff priority, so the only way an enemy sleep or berserk staff will target him is if he is somehow the only unit who is still alive (as the minimum deployment unit keeps you from only deploying Lief)

Ohh... I actually never knew that. But that's still very misleading - as The Roger learned the hard way, that doesn't mean anything when it comes to weapons that inflict statuses (statusi? Statusae? Just status?)

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Can't wait for the Orange Box 2, that way they can release Portal 3, Half-Life 3, Team Fortress 3, Left4Dead 3, and Dota 3 all under the moniker of 2...

To be fair, I never thought Portal needed a continuation. The story came to a great close in 2, and the level creator and workshop provides effectively infinite content for anyone who might wish it. This isn't consoles, either, the game is there to stay, unlike something like F-Zero GX.

Half-Life, though... Half-Life was left to die on a cliffhanger. That's just too cruel, that one 100% needs a continuation.

At this point I doubt even a TF3 would kill TF2, TF2 will outlive us all.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Meeeh. Don't bother. Arthur's paralogue is insufferable.

Yeah, Leaf can totally get targeted by Status staffs. Whatever the specifics in regards to how the game handles priority, he will eventually get targeted.

Learned that the hard way when I tried to find a method to prevent Salem from using his staff without warping someone straight into in his face. So I tried to limit the party to characters who had too much magic to be targeted.

Edited by BrightBow

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Benice Okay, I gave Hawkwing your good wishes. He says thank you! He's also asked about Rogue Legacy 2. I will attempt to make him my second victim. Then, the rest of you.

Give him my regards as well. It's been forever.

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think they get that from Lief always having the lowest enemy staff priority, so the only way an enemy sleep or berserk staff will target him is if he is somehow the only unit who is still alive (as the minimum deployment unit keeps you from only deploying Lief)

Basically what my estimate of the case was. Mind the other thing that ruined my strategy was the realization I couldn't sleep or silence the bishop on the gate. I assume there has to be some hidden bonus to his magic from the gate, because not only couldn't Safie silence him with 20 magic, even ensorcel didn't help... in spite of his 17 magic already being lower.

44 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, Leaf can totally get targeted by Status staffs. Whatever the specifics in regards to how the game handles priority, he will eventually get targeted.

Learned that the hard way when I tried to find a method to prevent Salem from using his staff without warping someone straight into in his face. So I tried to limit the party to characters who had too much magic to be targeted.

I didn't even have that option because my Safie wasn't yet capable of warp. She'd get it at the point in 12X where it was too late to be useful in making the chapter easier. First time player things.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohh... I actually never knew that. But that's still very misleading - as The Roger learned the hard way, that doesn't mean anything when it comes to weapons that inflict statuses (statusi? Statusae? Just status?)

Sad thing is, that was literally a 13% hit with the lightbrand. Could have got it down to 1 with Nanna and Dermott if I had have been a bit slower and not tried to rush things. Lesson learned. Chapter 21 wants to be taken slow.. even when Leif has 13 move.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Basically what my estimate of the case was. Mind the other thing that ruined my strategy was the realization I couldn't sleep or silence the bishop on the gate. I assume there has to be some hidden bonus to his magic from the gate, because not only couldn't Safie silence him with 20 magic, even ensorcel didn't help... in spite of his 17 magic already being lower.

I seem to remember Gates/Thrones both heal status at the start of the turn, and make you immune to status while standing on them.

36 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I seem to remember Gates/Thrones both heal status at the start of the turn, and make you immune to status while standing on them.

Well that'd explain it. I never tried to get anyone with a status on either prior.
Yep. Definitely the case. Tina could take a holy water and steal blizzard with a staff...Which changes the rules significantly.

Edited by The Roger The Paladin

This is like, two eras of memes coming together.

I dig.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Give him my regards as well. It's been forever.

Will do.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Sad thing is, that was literally a 13% hit with the lightbrand. Could have got it down to 1 with Nanna and Dermott if I had have been a bit slower and not tried to rush things. Lesson learned. Chapter 21 wants to be taken slow.. even when Leif has 13 move.

O O F

Yeah, chapter 21 is the first map of the very warpskippable Thracia lategame. This map is doable without warp, but... Well, that's just the thing - experience doesn't matter at this point, and the map offers zero substantial rewards. And it's just... so unbearably tedious to play. There's no point in not skipping it. And so begins the worst part of the game.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I didn't realise i could check growths in game, and i didn't realise Leif was actually crap, lmao.

290db2dc06713295bbb49790041fb647.png

Thracia hacks have growth displays now? Wow. One of these days Thracia hacking is going to become the new norm.

I'd be fine with that. Big menu customization in hacks would be awesome. I still wish that feature had made a comeback. Sure, it's completely useless, but I like making my menus pretty.

"This allows buttplug.io to yield what Machulis calls “shitposts,” like using the haptic feedback in social simulation game Animal Crossing: New Horizons to twitch a linked buttplug or heavy blows in Elden Ring to buzz a Lovense Diamo cock ring. But you can use it in earnest for more intimate endeavors, too."

I need to stop giving Kotaku a glimpse when I'm bored and on the Internet.

Although NGL, I am a curious if I'd be into those... things. 'Tho that'd mean buying 📳 and I am totally not interested in doing that in my present situation.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how Roy is marrying his dad. Very progressive.

You know, if this was FE7 epilogue Child Roy and he was homo/bi/pansexual and knew it at an early age, this would be kinda innocently cute. A young child having a moment where they want to "marry" their parents is a perfectly normal thing.

As is, just another case of "IS doesn't want to suggest any pairing is canon". Although there is a hint of irony in that Eliwood is the lord who doesn't a canon pairing, yet IS so blatantly implies has a canon one at the same time.

I just love when the one time I have to crit because I couldn't move far enough with my units into the range of three staves it doesn't happen and I lose all my progress.

Joy

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, chapter 21 is the first map of the very warpskippable Thracia lategame. This map is doable without warp, but... Well, that's just the thing - experience doesn't matter at this point, and the map offers zero substantial rewards. And it's just... so unbearably tedious to play. There's no point in not skipping it. And so begins the worst part of the game.

Linoan fans scream at you.

I mean, I did it the first time I played without warp. But it hasn't exactly stuck in my memory as that offensively terrible. Guess I have a reason to play again...... but it'd require going through the FE map that took me over half a year to get the first turn right on.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"This allows buttplug.io to yield what Machulis calls “shitposts,” like using the haptic feedback in social simulation game Animal Crossing: New Horizons to twitch a linked buttplug or heavy blows in Elden Ring to buzz a Lovense Diamo cock ring. But you can use it in earnest for more intimate endeavors, too."

I need to stop giving Kotaku a glimpse when I'm bored and on the Internet.

Kotaku got a lot hornier than when I was reading it that's for sure.

Kotaku, you get the bonk.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What.

I don't understand. I feel like I just read a sentence written by an AI. What is this, amiibo buttplugs or something? What does any of this have to do with shitposts? Who even is Machulis...?

You know, if this was FE7 epilogue Child Roy and he was homo/bi/pansexual and knew it at an early age, this would be kinda innocently cute. A young child having a moment where they want to "marry" their parents is a perfectly normal thing.

Yeah, most children in healthy households have innocently expressed their wishes to marry their parents at some point. They're really just telling their parents they love them in words that sound grander to them. It's the kind of thing the parents get a good laugh out of.

...In my case, though, I was asking mom what we'd do with dad after we married. Imagine that. Barely in elementary school and already your child wants to get rid of you. Sorry, dad! Maybe that's why he takes me to mountains, he wants to get rid of me before I can get rid of him.

Of course, the idea of Eliwood going "aight sure" and actually holding a wedding is pretty weird, but... Well, it's Heroes. Being morally bankrupt is the name of the game here.

As is, just another case of "IS doesn't want to suggest any pairing is canon". Although there is a hint of irony in that Eliwood is the lord who doesn't a canon pairing, yet IS so blatantly implies has a canon one at the same time.

IntSys knows the story would've been better off if she died too.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Linoan fans scream at you.

Warp Linoan overthere, have her do the funny, warp someone to the boss, kill boss, warp Leif to boss. The end. Three warp uses. 21x will give you like, 12.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I did it the first time I played without warp. But it hasn't exactly stuck in my memory as that offensively terrible. Guess I have a reason to play again...... but it'd require going through the FE map that took me over half a year to get the first turn right on.

I did it without warp too the first time. I mean, heck, I did 22 without warp in that run. I agree it isn't offensively terrible, it's just... really mediocre and boring and tedious. There's very little reason not to warpskip it.