Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Fuga's Wild Ride seems to be able to live to it's reputation, even if I hadn't lost anyone in the first attempt before deciding it was too late and I needed to reassess it.

I don't even know how I activated the reinforcements with the trample guy I wanted.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Honestly if i lived in the same city as my parents i would probably atleast visit them twice a week.

Already do that with my granduncle anyway

I'd bring up the phrase about absence, but that'd be too cliche.

(To give some context as to why I'd feel differently, I've been under their roof since soon before the pandemic, for years before that as well (i.e. for the last 5 years I'd been only living separately for 6 months before recent events) and the only reason I didn't spend more time at home in college was the distance and I headed home on the regular for weekend, particularly in the early years.)

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoa, you understood that gibberish?!

There's a fair amount of extraneous stuff in describing it, but I hope how I put it made sense.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, I should clarify that it also has the penalty that once a unit reaches 200 fatigue points, they can only move one space, haha. I mean, that really shouldnt happen, but i agree with you 100% otherwise.

That, that's hilarious.

When you just need to keep your favourite in your party even when they took on the last few maps solo.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dark Magic beats Mages: Asbel bit the dust! Xd

Is it effective damage?

4 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I mean... I did get a blizzard tome for Asbel to abuse... and a fortify staff, and a sleep staff. I also picked up a couple battle axes and hammers, a vulnerary or two, a great sword, a silver sword, a pure water for more Tina shenanigans, a level for Tina with magic so she could steal more stuff. And... once that blizzard was stolen Leif could literally ignore the ballistas by running through their range and one rounding them. Well.. mostly. Couldn't quite do that to the iron ballistae. But damn did it save time. Even the forest tiles couldn't stop him from getting to the venin ballista without trouble. Not helping with anyone who doesn't have a lot of lucky move growths though.

Ah yes, the ol' charging through the ballistae and expecting your men to stop them.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bantu x Tiki.

I think I would burn down IntSys HQ if they did that.

I could accept that on any other banner (Okay, maybe not, but imagine a Christmas one with him and A!Tiki (Ignoring the outfit), I think that could be fine)

Wedding though? NAW.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But does he have the rank for it? I can never get any use out of Thracia siege tomes due to the horribly slow rank growths. The mages never reach any A ranks.

I think he's got to be pushing for it. He's been on B rank for ages... and I'm really low on wind tomes at this point. Not that I've had all that many. If not... I can always sell it and help restock something else or recruit Ced... who's got guarantee'd A rank.
Olwen's had A rank for ages in thunder (she does start with B after all)... and Ilios starts with it. And I just noticed... it looks like Ced starts with an A rank in Fire magic. Maybe I shouldn't have sold all my meteor tomes.

Bantu x Tiki.

I think I would burn down IntSys HQ if they did that.

It wouldn't be quite as disturbing if it was Awakening Tiki. Still distubing, but at least Awakening Tiki actually looks like an Adult. Though I shudder to think what Awakening Bantu looks like... and we've got hints he's still around from Nowi's base dialogue.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, the ol' charging through the ballistae and expecting your men to stop them.

Except the difference is Leif is literally able to move enough squares that he ends up next to the ballista if he started outside their range. Which makes him some sort of superhuman at this point. Even the forest tiles didn't make enough difference. Hell the first turn of my second attempt he destroyed a ballista because I moved him just outside it's range.. and he procced his movement star.... so he moved from his starting position to the one in the forest to the right of the starting position if you look at a map of the chapter. And with 20 defense he can get away with being hit a lot by the things. He may not be capable of soloing the game like some other lords... but Thracia's movement growths and movement stars can result in crazy outcomes regardless.

20220519_065237.jpg

Although it seems the actual implementation of it is much different. Learning skills from people you meet as you explore as opposed to having to grind them up like in X or 2 sounds way better.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good tip, but that applies to all of them. Need something more specific

I was making a Kid Icarus reference. 

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

There's a fair amount of extraneous stuff in describing it, but I hope how I put it made sense.

It was perfectly fine, thank you!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

That, that's hilarious.

When you just need to keep your favourite in your party even when they took on the last few maps solo.

I don't mind it that way!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Is it effective damage?

Yeah, which in this mod is +20 DMG and +30 Hit, so basically an unavoidable death.

4 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Though I shudder to think what Awakening Bantu looks like... and we've got hints he's still around from Nowi's base dialogue.

Harmonic Heroes to the rescue

4 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Except the difference is Leif is literally able to move enough squares that he ends up next to the ballista if he started outside their range. Which makes him some sort of superhuman at this point. Even the forest tiles didn't make enough difference. Hell the first turn of my second attempt he destroyed a ballista because I moved him just outside it's range.. and he procced his movement star.... so he moved from his starting position to the one in the forest to the right of the starting position if you look at a map of the chapter. And with 20 defense he can get away with being hit a lot by the things. He may not be capable of soloing the game like some other lords... but Thracia's movement growths and movement stars can result in crazy outcomes regardless.

Leif got impatient to destroy them himself.

13 move outside 3H or BB is a rare gift.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, which in this mod is +20 DMG and +30 Hit, so basically an unavoidable death.

Seems that way, I'm assuming dark magic is generally powerful as is if that +20 is guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahaha... You really nees to read the characters' statsheets. The game is really open with its information, but you need to actually read it!

What stat—

Tab to open the stat menu.

Oh. Well.

They're hidden at first. Probably so that you don't ignore everything else and rush them.

If you do that the scars (talk to the sleepy green dude for that) as they become available, you should be able to get all the subclasses soon enough. Try it! One of them is rockstar!

Will do, assuming I’m able to find the scars.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

20220519_065237.jpg

Although it seems the actual implementation of it is much different. Learning skills from people you meet as you explore as opposed to having to grind them up like in X or 2 sounds way better.

Thats pretty awesome, actually!

Hopefully they dont make it a pain to get leveled up, per se.

Man, I thought I'd be stuck finishing the Future Mythos in Another Eden like I was with the Western one... but thankfully this is not going to be the case.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Fuga's Wild Ride seems to be able to live to it's reputation, even if I hadn't lost anyone in the first attempt before deciding it was too late and I needed to reassess it.

Oof...

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I don't even know how I activated the reinforcements with the trample guy I wanted.

I remember that one. The falcoknight, yeah? She was on my team in the funny Haitaka run!

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I could accept that on any other banner (Okay, maybe not, but imagine a Christmas one with him and A!Tiki (Ignoring the outfit), I think that could be fine)

Wedding though? NAW.

I mean, there's definitely ways to make a duo of Bantu and Tiki cute. But this is Heroes. Expecting the worst would be wise.

I think he's got to be pushing for it. He's been on B rank for ages... and I'm really low on wind tomes at this point.

I remember in my first run I somehow got Salem to A dark so he could use fenrir.

He got there in chapter 24x, despite extremely heavy use. He fired off a fenrir like once.

Olwen's had A rank for ages in thunder (she does start with B after all)... and Ilios starts with it.

Yeah, bolting's the only one I ever get some use out of... And also the rarest one. I guess it was by design!

or recruit Ced... who's got guarantee'd A rank.

[...]

And I just noticed... it looks like Ced starts with an A rank in Fire magic. Maybe I shouldn't have sold all my meteor tomes.

Oh right, Ced. I always forget about him, because I'm a contrarian dipshit who prefers to take Saias because of his superior design and character. And the extra leadership stars. I can build my own badasses and I'd rather have someone to support them, thank you very much. Ced is just boring.

It wouldn't be quite as disturbing if it was Awakening Tiki. Still distubing, but at least Awakening Tiki actually looks like an Adult. Though I shudder to think what Awakening Bantu looks like... and we've got hints he's still around from Nowi's base dialogue.

It would be absolutely vomit-inducing no matter what version of Tiki. There is no scenario in which they introduce a romance between these two characters and it is even remotely acceptable.

20 defense, 12 movement Leif.

Holy shit. Forget Travant-- Throw this absolute monster at Julius. Lil' Loptr Jr. ain't even gonna know what hit him!

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I was making a Kid Icarus reference. 

Oh, well. I missed it for obvious reasons.

That game really should get a re-release. The dream would be on PC, with proper FPS controls. But I might be interested just on a Switch release with the same control scheme as Splatoon, honestly.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What stat—

Oh. Well.

Reeeeeeeally should've started with that, haha.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Will do, assuming I’m able to find the scars.

I mean, the first two are just chilling in the first room and in the tutorial scar, respectively. Getting to them is the trickier part, but these two are also the simplest to figure out. Just with the orbs you'll get from getting those two scars to gold rank, you should have enough to at the very least uncover the first subclasses.

That, and scars can be pretty fun! I would recommend trying them out.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

eb57946eefe798df9aa0eeb993ed0651.png

They also have this strange formula for crits in game.

Crit percent: Eh good enough.

I swear I heard about a hack making 69% displayed crit equal to 100%

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember that one. The falcoknight, yeah? She was on my team in the funny Haitaka run!

Caught her in hard, plan on it again Chiaki ar lá!

In the attempt I managed to capture the Seal Spd guy, but looking at my list I'm betting the better bet would be to get the Lunge Priestess in the top this time round.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

20 defense, 12 movement Leif.

Holy shit. Forget Travant-- Throw this absolute monster at Julius. Lil' Loptr Jr. ain't even gonna know what hit him!

*13 movement.
Let's face it, there's never going to be an Ike or Sigurd who will replace this one Leif in my memory as the best lord I ever had. Or anyone else. It almost feels like the endgame was designed around countering the guy.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It would be absolutely vomit-inducing no matter what version of Tiki. There is no scenario in which they introduce a romance between these two characters and it is even remotely acceptable.

The difference is measured in whether the vomiting lasts long enough to give you Barret's Esophagus and melt the enamel from your teeth, or whether it lasts long enough to just remove the teeth from your gums.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, bolting's the only one I ever get some use out of... And also the rarest one. I guess it was by design!

Ilios does come with one. Though I can't actually imagine getting it. I'd have to either not recruit Olwen and thus miss a magic ring, or let her die. And I don't like letting units die.
Plus I looked up Ilios ending to see if I'd feel bad for killing him... and I feel like his death's sort of mercy given how downhill things went for him post war. He achieves his dream only to wish for his glory days as a war hero. That's just tragic. He's stuck in his past.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh right, Ced. I always forget about him, because I'm a contrarian dipshit who prefers to take Saias because of his superior design and character. And the extra leadership stars. I can build my own badasses and I'd rather have someone to support them, thank you very much. Ced is just boring.

Honestly, I half expected Saias to have A rank fire tomes... you know... because of his father. That said... if he came with the 10 authority stars he had when he was an enemy as a playable character, I think he'd become the objectively better choice. That's a big boost you know?

Oh, I almost forgot! @The Roger The Paladin Hawkwing says thanks to you!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Caught her in hard, plan on it again

Good man.

Chiaki ar lá!

A wha?

In the attempt I managed to capture the Seal Spd guy, but looking at my list I'm betting the better bet would be to get the Lunge Priestess in the top this time round.

Possibly, yeah. There are other options for seal speed. Like Haitaka!

45 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

*13 movement.
Let's face it, there's never going to be an Ike or Sigurd who will replace this one Leif in my memory as the best lord I ever had. Or anyone else. It almost feels like the endgame was designed around countering the guy.

Yeah, arguing unit viability with FACTS and LOGIC is fun and all, but nothing beats one's personal juggernauts. Matthis is my guy, y'know!

The difference is measured in whether the vomiting lasts long enough to give you Barret's Esophagus and melt the enamel from your teeth, or whether it lasts long enough to just remove the teeth from your gums.

True enough.

Ilios does come with one. Though I can't actually imagine getting it. I'd have to either not recruit Olwen and thus miss a magic ring, or let her die. And I don't like letting units die.
Plus I looked up Ilios ending to see if I'd feel bad for killing him... and I feel like his death's sort of mercy given how downhill things went for him post war. He achieves his dream only to wish for his glory days as a war hero. That's just tragic. He's stuck in his past.

Alas, poor Ilios.

Honestly, I half expected Saias to have A rank fire tomes... you know... because of his father.

Big missed opportunity, right there.

That said... if he came with the 10 authority stars he had when he was an enemy as a playable character, I think he'd become the objectively better choice. That's a big boost you know?

He wouldn't just be the objectively better choice, he would utterly break the endgame. I mean, we saw what a free 30% extra avoid and hit on every unit did for the enemy. On the player's side? The game would just be over lol.

23 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

:wub:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

FTIWjMSagAA-bP9?format=jpg&name=large

We were just talking about this in the Dangen server. Pretty cool, I guess, but ultimately, this is just VS1 with some graphical updates, maybe some story additions but still on a janky-ass outdated version of SRPG Studio. I look forward to the English release of VS2 far more. Luckily, this shouldn't distract from that. Kaga would have to finish this before Dangen could even begin to consider swaying their attention to it.

I appreciate the half-bodies, though. Those look great. Even if Jean and Ash have the wrong colors.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Crit percent: Eh good enough.

I swear I heard about a hack making 69% displayed crit equal to 100%

Why, though? What does this accomplish?

17 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

get well soon, son!

Thank you, father!

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

Get well soon, take care of yourself, etc.

Thanks!

'Morning, all!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, arguing unit viability with FACTS and LOGIC is fun and all, but nothing beats one's personal juggernauts. Matthis is my guy, y'know!

I recently did a run of New Mystery to compare it to standard FE3. Results included a Merric that hit 18 defense (seeing as I decided to use him after the FE3 Merric), which is pretty mind boggling. Matthis, who I decided to use for the run, ended up with 27 defense... in Cavalier. I literally had to recheck the class ceiling to make sure that something wasn't wrong with my cart. No. It's 30. Go figure. I've never seen a cav with that kind of defense. Though to be fair, he did spend a level or two in knight and a couple more in Dracoknight. Mind the biggest reason for using Matthis was because I put all my energy into levelling Ryan in the early game... meaning when he came in he was decidedly better than Luke or Rody, and more durable than Cecille.
See, something FE3 helped me realize is, his bases really aren't that bad if the prologue's not there. Fe3 has it's own issues with dismounting because book 2 is hell for cavs.
It's funny how the extra chapters and boosted growths/stat ceilings in New Mystery upset the character balance from the original. Abel being my favourite example. When I played FE3, my Cain was actually outclassed by Abel in a lot of areas and tied in the others when Abel joined. You play FE12, odds are Abel's miles behind everyone that's been trained seriously at join time.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Alas, poor Ilios.

I fully intend to use him at some point... somehow. An Ironman would be the most viable way... given that Olwen isn't the most durable unit. Or even playing under the rule I was playing under... where I intended to let her die if she died by mistake. Thing is, the one time that almost happened, she dodged the enemy attack that could have killed her. It was only a 35%, but I've literally missed two 99% hits in a row on enemies that didn't even have Miracle in this game. I've also been hit by 1% attacks more than once in the same enemy phase. So I don't consider any hit percentage fool-proof here.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He wouldn't just be the objectively better choice, he would utterly break the endgame. I mean, we saw what a free 30% extra avoid and hit on every unit did for the enemy. On the player's side? The game would just be over lol.

In my case... chapter 17 more or less had it result in them bum-rushing Fergus and Finn and getting decimated as fast as they reached them as they tried to get through due to a combination of forest tiles, Nanna, Leif with the Kingmaker, and favourable RNG. So I kind of didn't. Those armors had a terrible time and.... anyone else was kind of dead by the time he showed up except the pirates.... who were so far behind they never actually caught up. This was partially due to antics with the warp staff to get rid of the ballistae in an effort to hit the end before he showed up... which came so close to working.

FTI_jY5VUAwt0W9?format=jpg&name=large

FTI_jZAVUAA8289?format=jpg&name=large

My fastest time yet. I didn't feel comfortable doing another Dread Mode run yet so i stuck to Normal.

I've learned that funny bomb kill on Kraid actually isn't worth it in terms of speed and it shows. Tho i realized that when i entered Dairon after getting the Varia Suit so some of that time there was spent backtracking to Cataris to fight Kraid. Which that was still faster than continuing to get the bombs.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Hopefully they dont make it a pain to get leveled up, per se.

It doesn't sound like you even level them up this time, which would be neat.

Pretty cool, I guess, but ultimately, this is just VS1 with some graphical updates

And also with a poorly photoshopped title screen like c'mon bro.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It doesn't sound like you even level them up this time, which would be neat.

Oh, I must have misread that then? 

I mean, I dont mind either way personally, but most people prefer a more... Streamlined? Style.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

So that's what they mean when neo-confederates say the war was about State Rights.

That'd be hilarious if it wasn't so...

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Oh, I must have misread that then? 

I mean, I dont mind either way personally, but most people prefer a more... Streamlined? Style.

Yeah like the main issue with Field Skills in 2 was the menu shuffling. It was a pain in the ass.

Xenoblade 3's implementation of field skills seems to be a more Metroidvania approach. Explore -> learn new skill -> go back to previous areas and explore more.

We'll have to wait to see if you do have to level them up but i don't think so.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah like the main issue with Field Skills in 2 was the menu shuffling. It was a pain in the ass.

Xenoblade 3's implementation of field skills seems to be a more Metroidvania approach. Explore -> learn new skill -> go back to previous areas and explore more.

We'll have to wait to see if you do have to level them up but i don't think so.

I agree, they could have had a (check if player has X skill in their blade barracks) 

I dont totally mind, I admit, I mean, RPG's are always full of menu hopping. 

Well, if you do have to level them up, I wont freak about it like some fans do. Xd