Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, Dorothea is straight up the same lol. Her head and hair are identical and you have to look hard to spot the differences in her dress.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it eh?

Yeah, some people are very happy. This is not that zone by the look of it.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of, these really are some of the laziest designs ever. They are straight-up fan edits. Bernadetta has fallen to the yee-yee ass haircut

Yeah, they're mega scuffed. At least to me, Felix's face looks like it's not on quite right-It almost looks like a splice. I also really enjoy Caspar being so scarred that his scar leaves his face.

...Also, what the heck is up with the main lords' art next to the other students?

2hZUzkM.png

Like, even ignoring the uncanny face, Edelgard looks like she's wearing a maid outfit. Why?

14 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Be like me and play nothing but old games and only play new games when they become old.

Seriously, I don't even remember the last time I bought and played a game that came out that same year.

Hahaha... Be that I could have an actual system lol. I just have my attention caught by whatever, and sometimes that unfortunately means things beyond my grasp at the moment. I mean, just look at the two games I'm playing at the moment. One of them was fully released like three weeks ago. The other is 13 years old.

Truth be told, though, I'm only feeling restless because of the conversations I've had with the other VS2 fans. It'll pass. Though it really didn't help that one of the Dangen team just popped up and posted a screenshot of Zade's statsheet. What are you trying to tell me, you dastard? Give me a release date!

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it eh?

I mean, fair is fair, War Dorothea is a pretty nice design.

Yeah, some people are very happy. This is not that zone by the look of it.

I've seen people praising Dedue's beard.

It hurt.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Like, even ignoring the uncanny face, Edelgard looks like she's wearing a maid outfit. Why?

I was just discussing that with someone earlier. Edelgard's outfit seems pretty out-of-character to me. So here's the powerful emperor with a terrible past and grand plans of conquest and change for the entire world... And she wears a heart-shaped locket and a frilly dress.

C'mon.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAARGH SHE WEARS NEON RED HIGH HEELS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

My eyes why did I notice that, fuck.

Holy Christ they actually ruined her. They completely butchered her. I've changed my mind, I hope Hanneman doesn't return--

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, Dorothea is straight up the same lol. Her head and hair are identical and you have to look hard to spot the differences in her dress.

download.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I also really enjoy Caspar being so scarred that his scar leaves his face.

Scar wasn't paying rent.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So here's the powerful emperor with a terrible past and grand plans of conquest and change for the entire world... And she wears a heart-shaped locket and a frilly dress.

C'mon.

There's diamonds around it so i think the heart is like, from the deck of cards or some shit. But yeah it does kinda look like a maid dress.

Just now, Armagon said:

There's diamonds around it so i think the heart is like, from the deck of cards or some shit. But yeah it does kinda look like a maid dress.

The more I look at it, the worse the design looks. They actually butchered her.

And I thought Dimitri's downgrade from "big cape one-eyed badass" to "uninspired good boy" was enough... They're treating the lords terribly so far. Boy I can't wait to see Claude, who already looks bad in Three Houses.

Just found a typo in the Arthur/Elise B support.

He says sever instead of ever.

It does not make the sentence funnier sadly.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Also, what the heck is up with the main lords' art next to the other students?

2hZUzkM.png

I am going to be reclassing a ton if I ever play this aren't I?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Just found a typo in the Arthur/Elise B support.

He says sever instead of ever.

It does not make the sentence funnier sadly.

"Sever."

"Sever what?"

dde9ef932aa4efadce049c0c08d7ed77b403d53d

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So here's the powerful emperor with a terrible past and grand plans of conquest and change for the entire world... And she wears a heart-shaped locket and a frilly dress.

"Teehee~! Guess you caught me as the Flame Emperor, Lady Rhea~"-Maidelgard, 2022

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

"Teehee~! Guess you caught me as the Flame Emperor, Lady Rhea~"-Maidelgard, 2022

"OwO pwofessor I've been a vewy bad giwl, I didn't do my homework OwO, you have to punish me now OwO~♡♡♡♡ OwO"

Halfway through writing that sentence, this piece of music came to my mind. For no particular reason.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"OwO pwofessor I've been a vewy bad giwl, I didn't do my homework OwO, you have to punish me now OwO~♡♡♡♡ OwO"

If I had a nickle for every time I saw a game with a hand-drawn cartoon artstyle, a choice-based narrative and a protagonist called Rook with facial hair, I'd have two nickles. Which isn't a lot, but you know the rest of the quote.

10 minutes ago, ping said:

What do you mean? Isn't that just Edelgard's character in Crimson Flower?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Halfway through writing that sentence, this piece of music came to my mind. For no particular reason.

That's your inner Garuben trying to save you.

But yeah, that playing with an Edelgard who's as extreme Edeleth shippers imagined her would be terrifying.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't know, I guess I don't see much of any cutesy maids laughing all the time, so it's not clicking for me.

Her talking like that I could still see though, especially if she meep meep'd afterward

As someone who's experienced both, No.

Not at all.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's your inner Garuben trying to save you.

I always knew Garon was a good guy.

But yeah, that playing with an Edelgard who's as extreme Edeleth shippers imagined her would be terrifying.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Her talking like that I could still see though, especially if she meep meep'd afterward

Noooooooooooooo Dayni.

I kinda liked Edelgard. Don't try to make her worse than Claude.

Ahh, who am I kidding. It's impossible to be worse than Claude.

As someone who's experienced both, No.

Not at all.

Oh, well. Good to know.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean... maybe? I still don't really know anything about any 3H plot(s) beyond chapter 5 or so. Apart from information leaking out through memes, I guess.

But I recognise degeneracy when I see it

Noooooooooooooo Dayni.

I kinda liked Edelgard. Don't try to make her worse than Claude.

Ahh, who am I kidding. It's impossible to be worse than Claude.

Yes, Despair.

I should have added a /s on it, it reads like it's actual fanfic.

9 minutes ago, ping said:

But I recognise degeneracy when I see it

That scene is about punishing someone for degeneracy though.

>logs into SF

>sees the “redesigns” that just completely butchered the character’s hairstyles and called it a day, with the exception of Edelgard, who gets a butchered outfit instead.

Bernadetta, Linhardt, Caspar, Petra, I’m so sorry. Ferdinand somehow exists in a middle ground where his design looks good on his model but his portrait is somehow garbage. His hair looks weird there.

I don’t get why Petra’s design seems to be popular, she’s literally wearing a net.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I had a nickle for every time I saw a game with a hand-drawn cartoon artstyle, a choice-based narrative and a protagonist called Rook with facial hair, I'd have two nickles. Which isn't a lot, but you know the rest of the quote.

The question is, is it as good as the other game like it? 

Happy birthday @Metal Flash!

41 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

ve never actually played that game, nor do I remember that conversation, but it doesn't matter as long as you liked it!

Oh.

Huh. I could have sworn... Ah well.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

ah great, Ruben, how could you betray me!?

Claude's war phase "beard" is an insult to the very concept of facial hair. Grow a real beard, golden dingus.

That, and the plethora of problems I have with his role in the story - or lack thereof - but that's not as important as the beard.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>logs into SF

>sees the “redesigns” that just completely butchered the character’s hairstyles and called it a day, with the exception of Edelgard, who gets a butchered outfit instead.

Watch. Calling it now.

IntSys: All right everyone, here is the faculty characters in Three Hopes!

Ruben: 😀

yxIT1DmJ_o.png

Ruben: 🪓🙋‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ferdinand somehow exists in a middle ground where his design looks good on his model but his portrait is somehow garbage. His hair looks weird there.

They had him say the line in the trailer though, so it's all good.

I don’t get why Petra’s design seems to be popular, she’s literally wearing a net.

In fairness, it is the least bad of all the designs.

The question is, is it as good as the other game like it? 

Game's called Griftlands. The person who recommended it to me described it as one of his favorite videogames out there, which already is high praise. It's a deck-building roguelite. Card videogames aren't something I have any experience with, but I enjoyed what I saw of this. You build your deck and use your cards not just in combat, but also in negotiations to beat the crap out of your opponents with words rather than fists and swords. Not to mention, C H O I C E S. It never ceases to amuse me how indies consistently pull the choice shenanigans ten times better than the massive AAA productions from companies whose names everyone knows.

Oh, and it also has funny dialogue. Funny dialogue is always a good way to get me interested.

unknown.png?width=1440&height=616

...Actually, I just discovered the official Twitter of B. Saga once endorsed this game, funnily enough.

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We've known about that outfit for a while, but man, some of these 'dos are so bad even I can't forgive them.

yxIT1DmJ_o.png

Nope.

blow_it_up_ugly_americans.gif

Doesn't help that to me he looks eerily like a certain advisor. Not 1 to 1, but the fact his face came to mind quickly is concerning.

...Actually, I just discovered the official Twitter of B. Saga once endorsed this game, funnily enough.

Wait, Berwick Saga has a Twitter?

Sorry, sorry, it's Flag Tale.

Not to mention, C H O I C E S. It never ceases to amuse me how indies consistently pull the choice shenanigans ten times better than the massive AAA productions from companies whose names everyone knows.

It's almost like if you're going to make narrative choice a focal point the game needs to be built with it in mind.
And larger devs aren't prioritising it in a fitting manner to the narrative and game.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In fairness, it is the least bad of all the designs.

Eh, I’d give that to Dorothea and Hubert. Not coincidentally, those are the two who changed the least.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Game's called Griftlands. The person who recommended it to me described it as one of his favorite videogames out there, which already is high praise. It's a deck-building roguelite. Card videogames aren't something I have any experience with, but I enjoyed what I saw of this. You build your deck and use your cards not just in combat, but also in negotiations to beat the crap out of your opponents with words rather than fists and swords. Not to mention, C H O I C E S. It never ceases to amuse me how indies consistently pull the choice shenanigans ten times better than the massive AAA productions from companies whose names everyone knows.

Oh, and it also has funny dialogue. Funny dialogue is always a good way to get me interested.

I see. Do let me know if your choices get anyone killed.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Nope.

blow_it_up_ugly_americans.gif

That's what I was thinking while I was making the edit, yes.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Doesn't help that to me he looks eerily like a certain advisor. Not 1 to 1, but the fact his face came to mind quickly is concerning.

Oh my fucking God you're actually right. There's a resemblance.

Jesus fucking Christ what have I done.

Wait, Berwick Saga has a Twitter?

Sorry, sorry, it's Flag Tale.

Bahaha... That never gets old.

It's almost like if you're going to make narrative choice a focal point the game needs to be built with it in mind.

Oh yeah, it's definitely difficult. But it can and has been done. And it's pretty great when they pull it off!

And larger devs aren't prioritising it in a fitting manner to the narrative and game.

But... The likes of Telltale, Dontnot and Quantic Dreams sacrifice literally everything that makes a game a game precisely for the sake of their cHOicE-dRIVeN NARraTiVEE. What do they prioritize, then?

Just now, Sooks said:

Eh, I’d give that to Dorothea and Hubert. Not coincidentally, those are the two who changed the least.

I can't give it to Dorothea because she's literally the same lol. Hubert, though... Yeah, fair enough. I don't like it, I certainly like it less than his original war design, but it's... not terrible.

Just now, Sooks said:

I see. Do let me know if your choices get anyone killed.

I haven't picked it up yet! I definitely need to get one of the two current games out of the way before I start anything new. I'm liking both too much to abandon them.

Not that it'll take too long, in Exit Fate's case. All I've left is just the postgame, which doesn't look very long, the final battle and the ending.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Claude's war phase "beard" is an insult to the very concept of facial hair. Grow a real beard, golden dingus.

That, and the plethora of problems I have with his role in the story - or lack thereof - but that's not as important as the beard

I guess so? 

But we were supposed to be against 3H together! This betrayal cant be forgotten!