Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Luckily, today happened to be my adopted grandma’s birthday, so I’m actually not at home for once! We’re just getting dinner, but hopefully the food will be good (I’ve never been to this place before).

Thank you though!

Ah, well, enjoy yourself with the family! A new restaurant's always a gamble. Hope it turns out well and you run to the shitter with a belly full of most tasty food.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Happy birthday, Sooks' grandma!

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Maybe don't tell your grandma that an Otaku with an anime girl pfp congratulated her, though.

She’d ask what an otaku is, then assume “anime girl” is “another” girl I’m flirting with.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, well, enjoy yourself with the family! A new restaurant's always a gamble. Hope it turns out well and you run to the shitter with a belly full of most tasty food.

Thanks! Real eloquent way to say you hope I enjoy the food.

If anyone here remembers, I started a series of streams for FE4 with (debatably) meme pairings.

Spoiler

Edain x Azelle

Ayra x Jamke

Lachesis x Lewyn

Sylvia x Chulainn

Erinys x Claude

Tailtiu x Lex

Brigid x Finn

(note I said debatably, it's hard to come up with a run where every pairing is a meme :v)

I just finished it, and here's how all the kids turned out in the end, for those interested.

Alright, now gonna do Falkreath Hold stuff, before even going to see the Graybeards, heh.

Hmm... already had two dragons that just fly overhead and leave. As it is I've only killed two, and one being the quest one. For now it's not a big deal since I've only visited two Word Walls so far, but later on... actually, in a previous playthrough I did that was certainly a problem. Ending with more shouts than souls to use them on...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I also love how Blake just spawns whenever the chase is over. Regardless of whether Nahman loses the perp, gets the everloving shit beaten out of him or successfully subdues him, Blake always manages to take exactly enough time to be completely useless.

He probably stays just out of sight so he can watch Jayden run into doors and whatnot.

@Dayni

I need a bonk.

I spent yet another day not playing Ys IX, I should've finished it days ago after a short break. But, the original object of my diversion, a little boring old Civ VI yet again, got replaced by a stupid revived sexual fanfict of mine involving SRW. Although it had surprisingly little sex and was more "I'm ruining things for falling in love with you Tasuku; I'm so sorry Leona!", because guilt and repression seems kinda hot to me? IDK. Since I can't play video games unless I'm in the "proper mindset", I couldn't start up Ys IX again until Alpha Weird Male Hero and my Telekinetic Prana-Using Intersex Male Human Whose Body Happens To Be Comprised Of Fragments About Ten Souls Of A Janissary-Like Group Who Died Sometime After The First Psychodrivers But Millenia Before The Modern Day Which Got Merged (their mecha were endowed with a "Soul Dive" function that temporarily dematerializes the pilots completely, turning them into pure immaterial soul that then inhabits the mech) As Their Mecha Lay Atop Each Other Destroyed In Ancient Battle And Then Sank Into The Bottom, Least Damaged Mech, Which Was Reactivated In The Present And When The Post-Battle Re-materialization Happened The Soul Fragments Merged Together Creating A New Person With Memories Of The Ancient Days But Who Never Existed Back Then And Has Many Very Splotchy Skin Tones, Mixed Hair Color, Heterochromia, And Functioning Male And Female Sexual Organs Indicating Their Body Is A Miraculously Stable Patchwork of Different Peoples' DNA Self-Insert was out of my head. The problem- what I am I to do until the fantasy leaves my head, if not play a video game I really want to? The answer? I couldn't think of anything to do, so my mind went back to a fixation to that blatantly me fantasy and got stuck in it. For like two firkkin' days, I'm getting tired of it!🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️

Then I hopped online, at some point read an introspective article on a gay dude at the age of 30 who knows some younger guys are going to start calling him "daddy". Which got me thinking "NO!😲 I don't want to hear that when I never been not daddy!". The man ended it with the tired cliche "age is just a number", but that wasn't exactly consolation for me.

I then did the unthinkable to feel a little better. Fighting off the powerful fear of the low looking at a game I don't own that dropped me into after a stupendous high in like September of last year, I looked at "It" again all these months later.

By Naga-Medeus-Mila-Duma-Loptuous-Grima-Elimine-Idunn-Formortiis-Ashera-Yune-Ashunera-Astarte-Grima-Anankos-Rhea-Yutona-Gerxel-Veria-Raze-Mirage Medeus kill me!😵 I invoke the five harbingers of Armageddon, I plea for the Experiment gone amok once more. I ask the Golden Disembodied Head and Lucifer to turn me to dust, I demand Sephy Boy treat me like a flower girl. Lavos devour me, from Dragonlord to Mordegon overcome me with your evil powers. I am the filth, the dregs of this world, bring forth annihilation!

As emotionally sensitive I thought I was with that... thing... ahahahahahaha!

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2022-05-22-at-1-21-59-AM.png

I still love it! The subreddit has shown me so! All of it, it's the bonheur de vivre -the joy of life- pure sensuality youthful and vigorous, devoid of the slightest hint of the melancholy found in existence, that I yearn for and have not within me. 

I can't believe myself.🤣

But then, when you look at the world and the 1000 ways it's fucking over 99% of us without our consent, I guess lusting over this crap ain't so bad. Sure the sex unrealistic in several ways which I shall not describe so as to not induce vomiting and it's sometimes a little 😬, but damn I'll settle for this. I need to cut through the unbreakable hesitancy and see if I can find manga that makes me drunk like this. I can't possibly bring myself to watch IRL actors going at it in LBGTQ+ film and TV as "out of my comfort zone", but an anime game? I am screwed up, and not in the way I want to be (or maybe it's quirk from being autistic?).

I'm probably going to go from ahhhh and *internally laughs loudly at myself* to being painfully reminded my life is unfulfilling and I'm pathetic and "I want a job so I can discreetly purchase this game" tomorrow. But I accept that, that is the price I pay for this unabashed elation.

I think the demon of thirst has fled from me in fear of whom it hath possessed, for now at least. Ys IX might be possible tomorrow, but I dare not say anything for certain.

Regardless, @Dayni, bonk me.

14 hours ago, Benice said:

Yeah, I get that- I sometimes have no desire to play games either. I was in a big funk in that regard for a long while

Even when I'm not ahem like I describe above, this happens to me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. I hate it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
People Shouldn't Be Forced To See The Suggestive Pic

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Dayni

I need a bonk.

Huh? What are you on-

Wall of wailing words

Oh.

Regardless, @Dayni, bonk me.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

Sad Tears GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Telekinetic Prana-Using Intersex Male Human Whose Body Happens To Be Comprised Of Fragments About Ten Souls Of A Janissary-Like Group Who Died Sometime After The First Psychodrivers But Millenia Before The Modern Day Which Got Merged (their mecha were endowed with a "Soul Dive" function that temporarily dematerializes the pilots completely, turning them into pure immaterial soul that then inhabits the mech) As Their Mecha Lay Atop Each Other Destroyed In Ancient Battle And Then Sank Into The Bottom, Least Damaged Mech, Which Was Reactivated In The Present And When The Post-Battle Re-materialization Happened The Soul Fragments Merged Together Creating A New Person With Memories Of The Ancient Days But Who Never Existed Back Then And Has Many Very Splotchy Skin Tones, Mixed Hair Color, Heterochromia, And Functioning Male And Female Sexual Organs Indicating Their Body Is A Miraculously Stable Patchwork of Different Peoples' DNA Self-Insert was out of my head.

What is this backstory?

56 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Every time

Me: We're ALL underlevelled.

Edited by Dayni

Some of my Tales of Xillia 2 records to show just cause, really:

Spoiler

16532083a14cf0f0c134d58bc0868655.png

Obviously this is player use in battle only, which Milla takes away at 5,000. XD

Spoiler

44c6a453e548ccb26af6b8101f93920b.png

Idk how Ludger wouldn't have this record, since you gotta use him, but Milla and Jude are right behind him.

Spoiler

2551185a25d970aefc02db51f5794397.png

Again, Milla shoots ahead at 5,000, 2 points away from ability uses actually. As it's obvious, Milla is the character i pretty much solely play. XD

Oh, and my max combo count is 96, but getting that high in higher difficulty levels is near impossible because of the inheret "shields" that activate when little damage is dealt, lmao.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

What is this backstory?

Something of my own invention based on my -limited b/c much of it is in Japanese alone- understanding of some SRW lore.

I ran with Alpha's ancient Psychodrivers, who I know created the Gan Eden systems (and the Tower of Baral?), and hybridized a culture with that of La Gias. The idea being that some thousands (but not too many, let's say no more than 20000 for a somewhat arbitrary number) years after the first Psychodrivers abandoned humanity (or whatever became of them, IDK), migrants came from La Gias in the Earth itself. The character of my own creation whom I mentally placed myself within retaining "memories" of the ancient origin myth of said civilization being that their ancestors emerged from "the womb world", which is how the established heroes realize there has to be a La Gian connection. These migrants created their own advanced civilization that conquered the more primitive surface dwellers and developed mechs integrating both mind (T-Link System) and soul (Prana Converter); a pinch of inspiration from the "nomads/barbarians sweep the world stage" story as not infrequently happened IRL up to and including the establishment of the Manchu Qing Dynasty in China was used here.

Eventually, the prosperity comes to an end, as the "savages" the La Gian migrants subjugated start rising up and combined with internecine warfare among the civilization's elite, the empire begins fragmenting. Kidnapping children from the primitives and turning them into loyal warriors and servants becomes one way the crumbling empire tries to stay afloat, and it works for a time. But, it fails to stop the decline, which brings us to the near-terminal era of the civilization, when it's perhaps 100 years if that before the empire collapses altogether and surface-dwelling humanity undergoes a regression that causes civilization to be wiped out and needs to be rebuilt completely from scratch in the distant future. The life of the pseudo-janissaries isn't bad, they get fed enough, they bond with each other; I opted not to ever think about the question of castration and neutering, but let's say it happened while we're here. One unit of these pseudo-janissaries takes part in a major battle, not the last for sure, but still worthy of a sentence in a history textbook. It's these some of these people whose mechs -having undergone Soul Dive (a unique invention of the hybrid culture) for reasons of a desperate last stand- that fall atop each other fatally wounded that eons later, and have their dead, broken souls incidentally merged and create the self-inserty character far in the future.

As for the intersex and "chimerical" body aspect, I dunno exactly. It sure as heck ain't me IRL!😆 (But then, I'm not a psychic soul-energy-using pilot either.) But, I suppose I don't mind a pinch of biological sex bending? Either it amuses, or I have some strange notion of wanting to be a touch progressive in my self-serving fantasies sometimes. It might have something to do with a spoilerific character in one JRPG, who seems to cross certain boundaries without the game devoting any real time to discussing it, I suppose I liked the idea. Honestly, I'd like to see more of that stuff, JRPGs have m-a-g-i-c! why not mess with these malleable mortal things we call bodies more? I can think of one Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character I've been able to visualize making slight visual modifications to. (I've also had random thoughts of a scenario where two nondescript no-context characters go all Dragonball martial arts against each other in the opening scenes of a story, and their bodies get so hot they "melt" into pure soul clashing against pure soul, and they both end up laying on the ground afterwards. When they are dug up centuries later, their bodies have "cooled" into forms not resembling their old ones, which they -retaining their memories completely- do not as much as bat an eye at.)

'Course while I've laid out some okay serious fanfict ideas, fleshing them out is too difficult for me to finish a story out of them. The easier and still rewarding thing is to imagine smut.😅 I found the same situation in my attempt to write Valkyria Chronicles fanfiction. The concepts of making a story about imperial soldiers fighting for their personal dreams of societal advancement and trying to defeat a proletarian uprising in the southern Ragnite mines (the enemy Valkyria of this game being a commie leader with electricity powers and some small-scale combat automatons she can zap orders to as her lightning carries her will and commands in it) didn't sound so bad. -And then I went down a delusion pipe dream as I'm unable to figure out how to write anything serious, and instead jumped into the lowbrow stuff.

Interesting.

As much as I like it, I don't really have that much fanfic ideas related to SRW. I do have something of a crude outline for my own take of a SRW game, so at least the planned OG elements of that are more fleshed out, haha. But other than that... just rough drafts and ideas.

Got into a bit of an argument about trying to get something set up for them at short notice.

Am going back to it. But first:

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

POV: you’ve arrived at a Pokémon league prior to gen 5.

Clearly you forget how the levels get at the end of BW's league.

I was definitely underlevelled for that one.

(Lvl 59 Hydreigon is too low, so is it when it legally evolves)

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Something of my own invention based on my -limited b/c much of it is in Japanese alone- understanding of some SRW lore.

I ran with Alpha's ancient Psychodrivers, who I know created the Gan Eden systems (and the Tower of Baral?), and hybridized a culture with that of La Gias. The idea being that some thousands (but not too many, let's say no more than 20000 for a somewhat arbitrary number) years after the first Psychodrivers abandoned humanity (or whatever became of them, IDK), migrants came from La Gias in the Earth itself. The character of my own creation whom I mentally placed myself within retaining "memories" of the ancient origin myth of said civilization being that their ancestors emerged from "the womb world", which is how the established heroes realize there has to be a La Gian connection. These migrants created their own advanced civilization that conquered the more primitive surface dwellers and developed mechs integrating both mind (T-Link System) and soul (Prana Converter); a pinch of inspiration from the "nomads/barbarians sweep the world stage" story as not infrequently happened IRL up to and including the establishment of the Manchu Qing Dynasty in China was used here.

Eventually, the prosperity comes to an end, as the "savages" the La Gian migrants subjugated start rising up and combined with internecine warfare among the civilization's elite, the empire begins fragmenting. Kidnapping children from the primitives and turning them into loyal warriors and servants becomes one way the crumbling empire tries to stay afloat, and it works for a time. But, it fails to stop the decline, which brings us to the near-terminal era of the civilization, when it's perhaps 100 years if that before the empire collapses altogether and surface-dwelling humanity undergoes a regression that causes civilization to be wiped out and needs to be rebuilt completely from scratch in the distant future. The life of the pseudo-janissaries isn't bad, they get fed enough, they bond with each other; I opted not to ever think about the question of castration and neutering, but let's say it happened while we're here. One unit of these pseudo-janissaries takes part in a major battle, not the last for sure, but still worthy of a sentence in a history textbook. It's these some of these people whose mechs -having undergone Soul Dive (a unique invention of the hybrid culture) for reasons of a desperate last stand- that fall atop each other fatally wounded that eons later, and have their dead, broken souls incidentally merged and create the self-inserty character far in the future.

As for the intersex and "chimerical" body aspect, I dunno exactly. It sure as heck ain't me IRL!😆 (But then, I'm not a psychic soul-energy-using pilot either.) But, I suppose I don't mind a pinch of biological sex bending? Either it amuses, or I have some strange notion of wanting to be a touch progressive in my self-serving fantasies sometimes. It might have something to do with a spoilerific character in one JRPG, who seems to cross certain boundaries without the game devoting any real time to discussing it, I suppose I liked the idea. Honestly, I'd like to see more of that stuff, JRPGs have m-a-g-i-c! why not mess with these malleable mortal things we call bodies more? I can think of one Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character I've been able to visualize making slight visual modifications to. (I've also had random thoughts of a scenario where two nondescript no-context characters go all Dragonball martial arts against each other in the opening scenes of a story, and their bodies get so hot they "melt" into pure soul clashing against pure soul, and they both end up laying on the ground afterwards. When they are dug up centuries later, their bodies have "cooled" into forms not resembling their old ones, which they -retaining their memories completely- do not as much as bat an eye at.)

'Course while I've laid out some okay serious fanfict ideas, fleshing them out is too difficult for me to finish a story out of them. The easier and still rewarding thing is to imagine smut.😅 I found the same situation in my attempt to write Valkyria Chronicles fanfiction. The concepts of making a story about imperial soldiers fighting for their personal dreams of societal advancement and trying to defeat a proletarian uprising in the southern Ragnite mines (the enemy Valkyria of this game being a commie leader with electricity powers and some small-scale combat automatons she can zap orders to as her lightning carries her will and commands in it) didn't sound so bad. -And then I went down a delusion pipe dream as I'm unable to figure out how to write anything serious, and instead jumped into the lowbrow stuff.

Okay, so that was intentional, though a concept you were expanding upon.

I had just woken up when I read it, so I was even more confused what was going on with that one.

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTX6czAWYAI1Bma?format=jpg&name=900x900

Seriously, please don't man.

Aston Villa is a useless team

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are you okay?

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Seriously, please don't man.

It was just a football joke, guys

"Many producers wanted an absolute ban on American vines, not a programme that would introduce millions of them to French soil, whether or not they had French tops."

I took another sip from my twice-renewed wine book to try pivoting the mind. It failed. How could I not read that the wrong way after last night? I was struggling to breathe!😂

Alas, all the French complaints about America proved ineffectual. As the phylloxera infestation -aphids from the New World- shrank French wine production by almost half in two decades' time (1860s-1870s). Globally, Peru got massacred out of the wine industry entirely despite having flourished for centuries because of phylloxera, a case of the absolute worst devastation. The best solution seems both scientifically sound, and also ironic. North American native grape varieties were deemed almost worthless for wine production for several centuries, and no European for sure would ever bother to use them, only second-rate Americans. A few imported NA grape vines planted in experimental gardens were also what brought phylloxera to Europe. And yet those American vines didn't die, because they had Darwin's natural selection meant a long natural history with the aphids gave them resistance and limited the damages. Since the aphids only attacked the roots, grafting European vines onto American rootstock kept the plants alive while producing the tres bien grapes of the little old continent. American bottoms saved the international wine industry, despite phylloxera still inflicting such damages that the book's author thought it worthy of being an epochal divide- Before Phylloxera and After Phylloxera.Oh, and French imperialism helped too, Algeria largely avoided the aphids and was colonized to churn out a huge portion of France's domestic consumption.

French soldiers were permitted a quarter-liter of wine per day at the start of WWI, upped two years later to half-a-liter, with officers having the discretion to request an additional quarter-liter for their units, and Frenchmen being allowed to purchase yet another quarter-liter at subsidized prices. For a total of one entire liter per soldier permitted each day, plus whatever vino the men purchased when they could on their own time and money at market prices. French temperance advocates encouraged the consumption of more wine and the French government didn't even bother to take wine into consideration when examining alcohol consumption, all the hate was directed at the distilled industrial spirits consumed in the northern part of the country.🥃 Absinthe first among them.

Lastly, alcoholism wasn't officially diagnosed as a medical condition until 1849. Obviously, the addiction has existed since humanity first imbibed, and yet it has not been two centuries since the word that colors our modern perception of beer, wine, and spirits as a problem was coined. A curious thing to note. (Though some, like the French, continued at first to insist that wine couldn't possibly cause alcoholism, only other beverages did that. The modern pharmaceutical industry began chipping away at wine as medicine during the very same time period.)

🤓 (So overall, mental pivot successful, minus a bump or hump or two.)

9 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It was just a football joke, guys

And here I was about to post something too. Thankfully I type slowly.😅

This is a caring topic, so if ya ever need to seriously vent, go ahead. Not like I haven't done that more times than I can keep track of.😆