• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That moment when serving tea the glass breaks... like, just how hot was the water...!? Must've had a crack or so...

Captain Haddock moment.

'Morning!

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If the bot situation is so atrocious that the coding effort would require effectively making TF3, well that's a no go already.

Ah yeah, this.

I'm telling you right now, this is going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Best case scenario, nothing happens. All of the community's screaming over the past three years didn't do the trick. A mostly irrelevant bunch of Youtubers doing a stream together certainly isn't going to get Valve to update a 15-year-old, spaghetti-code game that still yields a moderate profit just fine in its current state. Worst case scenario, the TF2 community being what it is, they might manage to use this opportunity to make themselves look like complete asses.

Obviously I'd love to be wrong and get a Heavy Update tomorrow, and a Medic update the next day, and the final chapter of the comics this friday and a cheater's lament to celebrate the start of the next week. But the chances of that happening are microscopic.

Just now, Benice said:

Captain Haddock moment.

I can't believe I didn't immediately make the connection. Blistering barnacles!

It was time to tip the scales. I didn't convince Roland to not send himself to jail, but it was a 5-2 vote anyways.

So now we're going to be besieged.

I am not a clever man.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm telling you right now, this is going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Best case scenario, nothing happens. All of the community's screaming over the past three years didn't do the trick. A mostly irrelevant bunch of Youtubers doing a stream together certainly isn't going to get Valve to update a 15-year-old, spaghetti-code game that still yields a moderate profit just fine in its current state. Worst case scenario, the TF2 community being what it is, they might manage to use this opportunity to make themselves look like complete asses.

Sadly likely.

Trying out the demo to Griftlands now. If you recall, I mentioned it a few days ago, it's a deckbuilding roguelike with a focus on narrative that was recommended to me by a person who used to be on this forum.

There is a combat system for talking. It's great.

Scheming Rhombus spoilers:

Spoiler

We can recruit the shopkeepers

WE CAN RECRUIT THE BARKEEP

SHE HAS A HORSE AND HEALS

WOOOO

The other guy can make shortcuts and traps.

Cool, cool.

Admittedly, I got a great first impression off the barkeep.

We'll see how they do in my attempt to fight Avlora without using the fire traps again.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Scheming Rhombus

You know, I wish that was the name of the game.

Hide contents

We can recruit the shopkeepers

WE CAN RECRUIT THE BARKEEP

SHE HAS A HORSE AND HEALS

WOOOO

The other guy can make shortcuts and traps.

Cool, cool.

Admittedly, I got a great first impression off the barkeep.

We'll see how they do in my attempt to fight Avlora without using the fire traps again.

Spoiler

Hossabara is one of my favorites. She runs fast, heals, whacks people with a staff, pushes people around, and she looks and acts awesome. What's not to love?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Happy late birthday wishes @Elina I hope you'll return for my next survey.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

If the bot situation is so atrocious that the coding effort would require effectively making TF3, well that's a no go already.

TF2 has got to be the most prevalent community in my life for a game I've never once tried.

This just popped up in my reccs.

I like.

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

TF2 has got to be the most prevalent community in my life for a game I've never once tried.

We're VERY loud. EXTREMELY loud, even. HAVE YOU HEARD TF2 IS RAD YET?!

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We're VERY loud. EXTREMELY loud, even. HAVE YOU HEARD TF2 IS RAD YET?!

No kidding.

Technically that last line was a lie, I have played the tutorial of the game but that's about it.

I like the animations, they're cute.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

No kidding.

SINCE YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO MY QUESTION, I WILL ASSUME YOU HAVE NOT HEARD, THEREFORE I MUST TELL YOU THAT TF2 IS RAD

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Technically that last line was a lie, I have played the tutorial of the game but that's about it.

I like the animations, they're cute.

Yeah, tf2 is a pretty charming game.

19 hours ago, Sooks said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Elina!!! I didn’t make a dumb typo this time! I hope you have/had a good birthday.

haha! You’re good, Elena probably needed some encouragement. ☺️

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Happy late birthday wishes @Elina I hope you'll return for my next survey.

Thank you very much, dear friends! As for you, @GuardianSing, I probably will. When was your last one? Did I miss it or something?

Something random— does anyone else think it’s weird that the nurse lady from 13 Sentinels crosses her arms in that- *ahem* - certain way, because in my opinion it’s a little weird. I mean, it’s like she’s carrying her … um yeah… you know.    You know what, never mind. This matter needs no discussion. I just think it’s extremely weird, especially for a teacher.

Edited by Elina

Bright x Family (spoilers for... Trails from Zero to be safe, or Trails to Azure?)

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Elina said:

Something random— does anyone else think it’s weird that the nurse lady from 13 Sentinels crosses her arms in that- *ahem* - certain way, because in my opinion it’s a little weird. I mean, it’s like she’s carrying her … um yeah… you know.    You know what, never mind. This matter needs no discussion. I just think it’s extremely weird, especially for a teacher.

Well it is an anime game. Some teachers are known to act like that.

Also happy birdday.

Greater_flamingo_galapagos.JPG

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SINCE YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO MY QUESTION, I WILL ASSUME YOU HAVE NOT HEARD, THEREFORE I MUST TELL YOU THAT TF2 IS RAD

Oh I've heard, how could I not. It has a French spy, I can't say that about myself.

I'm just not the biggest fan of shooters.

41 minutes ago, Elina said:

Thank you very much, dear friends! As for you, @GuardianSing, I probably will. When was your last one? Did I miss it or something?

The waifu/husbando survey, the one that I'm fairly sure you participated in.

43 minutes ago, Elina said:

I wish I could love someone as much as anime loves women who need chiropractors.

So im playing a JP FE4 mod called FE 4 Turbo? 

And its not the greatest quality, but they have some pretty neat changes. 

Unique maps is its number 1 hook, all much smaller maps so travel doesnt take long and foot units are usable.

Critical damage is 1.5 X. I love this change, crits needed nerfs, and this is perfect.

Weapon uses are all lowered. 

It is a little on the artificial side for difficulty, sadly.

It seems i have missed a birthday in the thread. Happy birthday @Elina!

FTlgINuUEAEaK-A?format=jpg&name=large

CAMPFIRES ARE BACK, I REPEAT, CAMPFIRES ARE BACK!

Confirmed features:

• Fireside chats
  • Workouts (bonus EXP perhaps)
  • Gem crafting (oh no)
  • Food crafting (oh yes)

And it seems some Heart-to-Hearts are linked to the campfires.

1 hour ago, Elina said:

It's not even the horniest thing Vanillaware has done tbh.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Unique maps is its number 1 hook, all much smaller maps so travel doesnt take long and foot units are usable.

And just like that, FE4 is now a good game.

1 hour ago, Elina said:

Yeah, this is one of those awkward moments where the game is having her accentuate her...you know...theoretically for the viewer's pleasure, even if it causes some dissonance with the character. Unfortunate such weird, and awkward levels of fan service are very common.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Greater_flamingo_galapagos.JPG

I was watching a nature documentary outside earlier today (narrated by David Attenborough like a dozen others). Warm but not hot weather, greenery, and a lounge chair do that to me, it's a good way to attempt a temporary state of inner peace.

The documentary was about lifeforms and the colors they both see and possess themselves. Flamingoes showed up as one might expect. The pink color as one might know, is not the birth color of the species, they're pure white to start. Algae and other waterborne organisms they consume as their diet contain red pigments that are absorbed into the flamingo's feathers and over time makes them pink, possibly with small spots of red. This process it was implied might take five years to bring forth full coloration.

It was also stated that female flamingoes when they lay their eggs and raise their newborn offspring, can devote so much energy to parenting that they lose their pink color. That is a bad thing, because of the... "mating stampede" when all the birds run around as a crowd in the water looking for the pinkest partner they can find (which means the most biologically fit to them). White flamingoes must sit out this procreation ritual. Therefore, once a baby bird has flown the coop, it's back to gorging on food to regain their pretty hue.

Regarding birds in general, they can see a wider range of colors than mammals can, and sure are more colorful too. The fossil record indicates that the earliest mammals were nocturnal, and the night is too dark to see many colors nor does having many colors matter. So it is that most mammals are fairly bland in coloration, and can't see as many as birds, which evolved from some dinosaurs which we know happened to be daytime creatures, more light means more chance for colors to stand out. 

Although in terms of what can see the most colors, that award seemingly went to the mantis shrimp. Which has 12 different kinds of color-receptive cells (humans have 3), in addition to the fastest punch in the animal kingdom. Mantis shrimp have another 4 kinds of light receptors for polarized light- light that humans normally can't see which consists of a single wavelength instead of a mixture (this and talk of creatures with ultraviolet vision made me oddly nostalgic for the Metroid Prime Thermal Visor). With regards to fish, the deeper you go in the ocean, the more light gets filtered and hence more colors fade away. The colors that endure the furthest on the visible light spectrum in seawater are yellows and blues, with red being the first to fade away.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oh hahahahahaha

So as I'm reading up a Pokémon LP, the topic of chess gets brought up. Someone brings up this:

NoOoOAC.png

White checkmates in two turns challenge, and apparently someone came up with the solution of:

hr7Sgbh.png

Promote the Pawn into a Rook, then have the King castle with it. That's... just no words, hahaha.

Unsurprisingly, this was then ruled as not allowed anymore apparently.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah, this is one of those awkward moments where the game is having her accentuate her...you know...theoretically for the viewer's pleasure, even if it causes some dissonance with the character. Unfortunate such weird, and awkward levels of fan service are very common.

Oh you've played 13 Sentinels too? Based.

That makes four people in this thread, including myself.

Also tbh, 13 Sentinels fanservice is very tame, what little of it is there. Wouldn't say it's awkward at all.