Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Why is Hidden Bravery so full of reinforcements?

I finally get a few points down and proceed to start losing things fast the moment I get near shurikens because they are fair and balanced.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Silesia was literally full of all Siege tomes, it was boring as sin. Idk if Blizzard does this in FE4 normally, but in this mod, Fimbul (the new Siege tome) also silences units, which also works on non magic units so they cant fight at all for 2-3 turns. 

It doesn't in Genealogy, but Thracia's does inflict Sleep.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Silesia was literally full of all Siege tomes, it was boring as sin. Idk if Blizzard does this in FE4 normally, but in this mod, Fimbul (the new Siege tome) also silences units, which also works on non magic units so they cant fight at all for 2-3 turns. 

I should have taken a SS, missed opportunity.

I think a picture in the middle of a blizzard should suffice.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, that one. It was very tough, especially because I stubbornly decided I wasn’t going to use the fire statue things.

I handled the boss pretty much exclusively with Frederica by the way. I used two choke points in the one tile wide corridor on the right side of the map, plugged Frederica in between them (with characters in each choke point) and used magic until the boss died.

I think something similar will be the solution, I just mishandled it up to now.

Corentin's Ice wall will help when she has fewer allies around her too.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Best weapon:

cd3b512b2ace018031212aa1d83d5d83.png

Luna Sword, as the name states, has Luna skill attached to it, along with Skl +30, for higher activation. Now this sounds good in theory, too bad it's FE4's ass RNG and it almost always fails the player, so it isn't worth it.

As you can see it has 0 hit, haha.

Has 30 Skl, but 0 hit.

Just, wow.

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

FTqn_8MakAEniDh?format=jpg&name=large

Soul. Although it looks like Sena uh.....should probably stay away from the kitchen.

Love the sheer size difference between these two.

FTqn_9laIAEuYsE?format=jpg&name=large

Food can give EXP bonuses and other battle rewards. Those are the examples they gave but there's likely buffs to combat as well.

Next update is probably the gem crafting.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rajyaki is the long-haired oni girl, the Princess of Hell who has two fighting styles: child, young woman

And i was wondering why she seemed to age up between scenes.

Wish the Rebirth version got ported to modern platforms. 

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

In how it's drawn and because she's doing it in front of the students.

She does it in front of everyone.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, looks like I'm joining the work force, everybody. Got a call a while back for a job at a mayor's office in a city an hour away from where I live. "Tech assistant", which according to the description the caller gave me, is something along the lines of updating computers from Windows 7 to 10, installing programs, updating programs, stuff like that. One year. I gave them my papers, just to see if I got lucky. Why not? They came to me, I'd be stupid to waste the chance. Turns out I did get lucky.

Hopefully it goes well for you.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But that’s assuming she’s just absently crossing her arms, which is what I thought she does, but maybe I misremembered?

It's literally just how her sprite is yeah.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I think a picture in the middle of a blizzard should suffice.

69efd533c53312e6b5b2d29f36861594.png

0be425ed963a786e01aa70b85cccf154.png

Most the enemies on that map had this as their inventory:

Every time i took a castle, more siege tomes appeared! It was hellish!

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It doesn't in Genealogy, but Thracia's does inflict Sleep.

Ah, alright, it's still BS though. XD

FTqAVD_WUAAJ5ws?format=jpg&name=large

Ok so like Zed's Septima is stated to be nuclear power so i really hope it's not just "fire" as it appears to be here. They probably want the color clash but i am hoping for a bit more creativity for someone who has Godzilla powers.

FTqAWxUWIAIxJqx?format=jpg&name=large

Kirin's hot tbh.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now that's a Kaga weapon if I ever saw one.

Well, there is the TRS Luna Sword.
Always ignores defense and also has great stats otherwise.

It's not even categorized as a star weapon, so it can be fixed with ordinary Repair Hammers.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She does it in front of everyone.

Well it's the students I'd be concerned about.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

69efd533c53312e6b5b2d29f36861594.png

0be425ed963a786e01aa70b85cccf154.png

Most the enemies on that map had this as their inventory:

Every time i took a castle, more siege tomes appeared! It was hellish!

The Wind Wall of Silessa.

You weren't kidding.

Why do I like the sprite icons for staves in Genealogy more than in other games?

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, alright, it's still BS though. XD

Why does it only happen for Blizzard though?

No love for Meteor or Bolting.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well the funny thing is Rapier also has the Luna skill attached to it:

e496800f85181d9b98ec3d7c49a8bc9c.png

Just with excellent stats instead.

I'm assuming no Skl +30 though?

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The Wind Wall of Silessa.

You weren't kidding.

Why do I like the sprite icons for staves in Genealogy more than in other games?

Yeah and no good res units to stop them.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Why does it only happen for Blizzard though?

No love for Meteor or Bolting.

Meteor is just trash but Thunderstorm has crit i think? I should mention that meteor is trash cause the player actually gets to use one.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm assuming no Skl +30 though?

Nope, haha.

One stupid thing i wanna mention about the mod:

If you deal 0 damage you automatically deal a minimum of 5 damage, but if you deal 1, you deal 1. So being so weak actually can be benifitial to a character, haha.

And if you are dealing 0 and get a crit, you deal 1, so crits don't help either. It's really stupid, haha.

Oh and typical Holy Weapon axing:

12b719a470d6b968f4e8b134471fe09d.png

Also, you can see Knight sword and spear, along with Lord Gram in Sigurd's inventory. Told ya the dev had a fetish with Berwick Saga.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, looks like I'm joining the work force, everybody. Got a call a while back for a job at a mayor's office in a city an hour away from where I live. "Tech assistant", which according to the description the caller gave me, is something along the lines of updating computers from Windows 7 to 10, installing programs, updating programs, stuff like that. One year. I gave them my papers, just to see if I got lucky. Why not? They came to me, I'd be stupid to waste the chance. Turns out I did get lucky.

Congrats! Now you can start wasting @WraithReborn's tax money.

(yes, I know you're Spanish, buuuut...)

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

In the case of the nurse, it’s a little hard for her to not be pushing them up in that case because… she’s got a lot going on.

But that’s assuming she’s just absently crossing her arms, which is what I thought she does, but maybe I misremembered?

You’re right… I should have gotten used to this by now…

The fact that this matter has had so much discussion is hilarious to me!

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Best weapon:

cd3b512b2ace018031212aa1d83d5d83.png

Luna Sword, as the name states, has Luna skill attached to it, along with Skl +30, for higher activation. Now this sounds good in theory, too bad it's FE4's ass RNG and it almost always fails the player, so it isn't worth it.

As you can see it has 0 hit, haha.

Does the Luna skill still work like in vanilla FE4, where triggering the skill ensures a hit?

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Does the Luna skill still work like in vanilla FE4, where triggering the skill ensures a hit?

Yeah, but the defence is reduced by 1/2 only, and not 100%. 

Like I said, it sounds good in theory, but FE4 RNG disagrees.

48 minutes ago, Elina said:

You’re right… I should have gotten used to this by now…

The fact that this matter has had so much discussion is hilarious to me!

I never thought about it until it came up, but I didn’t exactly have firsthand experience to determine if that was reasonable, so naturally I had to go ask.

49 minutes ago, ping said:

Congrats!

Now you can start wasting @WraithReborn's tax money.

I thought I was wasting the old man's tax money before I started working. Now it's after? Make up your mind, old man.

(yes, I know you're Spanish, buuuut...)

Fockin' burgerboys. Laying claim to my land and money. I am not even patriotic, but I will fight to keep my country gunless!

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Turns out I did get lucky

Congrats! With this newfound source on income, you may soon be able to do nothing but teleport bread for four days instead of just three.

In all seriousness, though, good luck! Sounds like a neat opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I never thought about it until it came up, but I didn’t exactly have firsthand experience to determine if that was reasonable, so naturally I had to go ask.

Hey now, these are the sorts questions I've always wanted to ask, but I can't exactly go asking it to just anyone.

And at least you weren't the one who asked the psych teacher about the psychological causes for masochism. The class certainly enjoyed that one. I hadn't even meant for it to be funny, I genuinely wanted to know why some people would associate a negative stimulus with something positive...

Ahh, back pain. Name a sexier prospect.

Frankly, all my other problems with anime's bad habits aside, I just don't get what people find so sexy about barely covered balloon tiddies. It's so over-the-top.

Meanwhile, here in North America, we have the much more enlightened Barbie dolls that have proportionally impossible hips as opposed to chests that would break backs!

...Ours are probably a bit worse than oversize chests, though, since Barbies are given to little kids to kinda function as role models, and we really shouldn't be putting those kinds of body expectations on 'em.

I could answer you about the chest question too, but I will decline to do so in order to try to maintain my dignity.

What I find fine compared to what bothers me is kind of weird, though. For example, I don't like objectification of males or the promotion of being super "Masculine" or promoting the idea of being an "Alpha Male"-type person either, buuuut I also really love Yakuza, where damn near every character is exceptionally hot. I think where I personally draw the line for myself is whether it's being marketed to the youth or not, but... Man, I dunno. Why do hot characters have to be complicated?

'Morning!

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Sunburns.

A true menace from my perspective.

Do you have aftersun to work with? It does tend to help with soothing, though admittedly probably other less specific (and maybe cheaper) items could probably do the same.

Same my Internet friend!😀

I don't have any products to deal with the burns, I just have to bear with it.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

40*40 = 1600 uses by the way. That's siege tome use that'd be applicable to actual sieges.

I'm pondering how hypothetical siege tomes would actually affect siege warfare. Killing the garrison? Yeah, totally reasonable. But damaging the fortress itself? Well, lightning and fire will get rid of any wooden structures, but then for the very best fortresses, I would assume the defender would build everything out rammed earth and stone. 

I get the impression that Meteor doesn't generate actual hot rocks, but is merely fire magical energies in the illusory temporary form of a hot rock. And that the illusion vanishes almost immediately after impact. Would a plain old trebuchet be better? Is there enough potency in a Bolting to crack stone? Based on Soren's roaring RD wind blast, how effective would Blizzard be at dislodging masonry?  

I haven't looked up the historical-scientific veracity of the claim, but I'm thinking of one of Hannibal's purported actions in his attempted conquest of the Roman Republic. That being heating up rocks that were in his way over a prolonged duration and then pouring cold vinegar on them to make them instantly crack into non-obstacles. Would ideal use for magics against fortifications be using fire and then cool wind in the same manner right against a fortress's outer wall? It'd be heckuva lot dangerous, and require proper shielding from the defenders above for hours on end.

Well, looks like I'm joining the work force, everybody.

Yay! A productive member of society!😄 -Unlike me.

'Course I'll end up regretting saying that once I get a job, but then thats how life often is. Things can sound good, as long as you don't have them, but then they aren't once you do.

It sounds childish, but... I don't want to be sad, y'know.

If not wanting be sad is childish, then I need to dig up this Yakuza image I randomly found in some comments on Destructoid once. Looked like Like A Dragon threw in the "Adults Who Like Acting Like A Baby" fetish at some point. -Because darn I do NOT like being depressed!

Depression is no good, so I hope the best for you.😉

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

And I thought the last place I was in before the pandemic was bad. Least they didn't turn the bathrooms into bedrooms.

You saying this and Ruben mentioning "drunk kids" makes me think more the opposite. Turning bedrooms into bathrooms.

-Thankfully being very Aspie and never leaving the nest not even for college means I've never had to put up with that stuff. If also denying me the opportunity to adjust towards self-independence/sufficiency on a greater scale.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

FTqAVD_WUAAJ5ws?format=jpg&name=large

Ok so like Zed's Septima is stated to be nuclear power so i really hope it's not just "fire" as it appears to be here. They probably want the color clash but i am hoping for a bit more creativity for someone who has Godzilla powers.

Well the nearest big source of nuclear power is the Sun. Although we call stars "giant fireballs" casually speaking, given an absence of oxygen in space, I take it they aren't actually fiery at all? Stars are very red and orangey, but solar "flares" are superheated plasma- ionized gas.

I guess you could preserve the red-orange color scheme (though lightning is plasma too, so it can be blue, white, or purple), but make plasma look distinctive from flames and magma?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looked like Like A Dragon threw in the "Adults Who Like Acting Like A Baby" fetish at some point. -Because darn I do NOT like being depressed!

OH MY GOD THAT FRICKIN' SUBSTORY

And don't worry.

That character's in two Yakuza games, not just one.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

What I find fine compared to what bothers me is kind of weird, though. For example, I don't like objectification of males or the promotion of being super "Masculine" or promoting the idea of being an "Alpha Male"-type person either

Thank you for giving me the perfect opportunity to post this thing I was reading like two days ago in a sex advice column!😁

“Since we’re examining a dynamic between men, and since masculinity (as an ideal, and by extension, something to fall short of) weighs so heavily in so many relationships between men, I’d like to meditate on that for a second. Masculinity is in part defined by a chill, a relaxedness, an absence of expressed emotion. That just goes to show how it operates as a front—even if boys are socialized to withhold their feelings from the world, those teachings don’t eradicate the feelings. They make them harder to articulate. They’re down there. I’d argue that part of the fun of hooking up with butch guys is unwrapping their layers to that gooey middle. A huge turn-on of mine is hearing a dude moan in a way that suggests he’s giving himself over to the situation and thus is vulnerable to the pleasure that I’m helping facilitate. That is some satisfying penetration."

-Starts by defining masculinity in a thoroughly detached academic sense. Ends by vividly describing what turns him on.

😮

I'm almost speechless. The columnist managed to flow perfectly from objectively authoritative in tone to shamelessly kinky in his advice. Damn thats sex-masterful!

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

OH MY GOD THAT FRICKIN' SUBSTORY

Sorry for the reminder!😆

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

And don't worry.

That character's in two Yakuza games, not just one.

😳

Edited by Interdimensional Observer