Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say i'm a little bit disappointed that the Talent Arts functionally are like Blade Specials but there's no QTEs for the slight power increase.

Probably cause people today would claim "it takes too long though!" XD

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Probably cause people today would claim "it takes too long though!" XD

??? Overclock Buster was the same length as the average XC2 Special?

Just now, Armagon said:

??? Overclock Buster was the same length as the average XC2 Special?

I know, i was just joking that the difference of patience between players from XC2's time and now is thinning. Most people need constant action, and the QTE thing is some button presses and that's it. 

1 hour ago, ping said:

rnBsUuW.png

Context?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

This mod forces Seliph X Julia on the player:

85c1d1aa92d02233fe3aa6f8ca7b9d2c.png

Also, i don't know what the grid skill is, so don't ask.

Why though? I don't understand.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Context

There's a FFT quote going around that says "if the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only exists for the lower class" and like sure, that's true but the thing is that quote is not at all found in the game yet so many people think it is....including myself at one point. 

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>King is immune to the law

>Previous king was found guilty of bad things and is now considered a criminal (he left the country)

Ok wait, something doesn't add up here.

Well, he isn't the king anymore, so technically he lost his immunity.

I say technically because the attempts to convict him were unsuccessful, the pushes to get him back and jailed after his escape timid at best, and he ended up waiting out the legal trouble and then returned home for the holidays and nobody did anything. Because who cares, he's the king's daddy and he has money. Money he stole from the public funds and that he stores in tax havens.

We gotta be thankful, though. He saved us from Franco, according to certain individuals. Even though he was installed by Franco himself and really only turned coat after his death so he'd get to keep sittimg on the golden chair.

This country's a mess.

Just now, Dayni said:

Context?

FBHFOOqUYAM4tyq.jpg

As Armagon said, this quote gets thrown around frequently to show how much political commentary Final Fantasy Tactics has. Which I'm sure it does, but not this specific one.

(the fact that the y of "only" overlaps with the portrait's background might've been a hint that something's not entirely kosher about the screenshot)

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a FFT quote going around that says "if the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only exists for the lower class" and like sure, that's true but the thing is that quote is not at all found in the game yet so many people think it is....including myself at one point. 

1 minute ago, ping said:

FBHFOOqUYAM4tyq.jpg

As Armagon said, this quote gets thrown around frequently to show how much political commentary Final Fantasy Tactics has. Which I'm sure it does, but not this specific one.

(the fact that the y of "only" overlaps with the portrait's background might've been a hint that something's not entirely kosher about the screenshot)

Now I have to go find what prompted people to make that quote.

I definitely feel like I've heard of it before, but I wonder if it was off an actual quote or not.

Sadly upon looking nothing from Wiegraf would work as a similar quote, I guess dreams must die.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We gotta be thankful, though. He saved us from Franco, according to certain individuals. Even though he was installed by Franco himself and really only turned coat after his death so he'd get to keep sittimg on the golden chair.

FFS, the 'RA did more against Franco! I'm not very serious here, but considering they sent active combatants in the Civil War against Franco?

Wow, the golden deer actually get some good designs! Congrats Marianne and Leonie, and to a lesser extent Ignatz and Lysithea.

You know, I've always wondered, but now seeing Leonie...

This is taking just fresh from White Clouds, isn't it? Or just a year or two at least. For her to still have her hair that short... or cuts it back, but then I'd want to know how that came to be. Specially since that'd meant Mercedes keeps hers long then.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On the 3 Hopes designs, why does Raph look like he's moving to Sacae?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, it's not like Presidents are all that cracked up to be either.

It always comes down to the people in the system...

I guess, though admittedly we've not had the worst run of them in my lifetime.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Marianne learned summoning Technique: Dorte, eh?

She is now utilising her animal friends to fight.

This is the timeline where she's going to kill everyone isn't she?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I've always wondered, but now seeing Leonie...

This is taking just fresh from White Clouds, isn't it? Or just a year or two at least. For her to still have her hair that short... or cuts it back, but then I'd want to know how that came to be. Specially since that'd meant Mercedes keeps hers long then.

If I'm understanding right the war phase is a year after the WC period, though it's alternate in that Byleth wasn't there.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I uh, dont really know, actually.

Oh well, I don't understand why people want that.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I guess, though admittedly we've not had the worst run of them in my lifetime.

True, but as it is, all governments can fall under the same trappings.

Ruben's wording make it sound like the former King could get away with stuff because of being King, but really, that sort of thing can apply to all kinds of rulers. Even democratically elected ones.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

What did I miss?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Why though? I don't understand.

Because incest is wincest and the modder knows it

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

...Is this a rap about the BL genre or a song about boys loving rap?

No, I won't click on it before knowing the answer

Nooooooo

They ruined him. They ruined my boy Iggy.

Where's the slick merchant attire, the feather, the gorgeous green cape? He looks so awkward in that armor. It doesn't seem to fit him, it's too small for him. He looks like a turtle! And why are his sleeves like that? They don't make any sense and they look awful. Even his hair is worse. Goddamnit.

Not much else to say. Marianne looks great, I'd be happier if I cared a fig for her. Raphael is super weird but that's better than most Three Hopes designs. Everyone else is varying degrees of "samey, I guess a bit better/worse". So, the usual.

Hope we get a faculty trailer. Y'know, confirming that they're playable.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True, but as it is, all governments can fall under the same trappings.

Ruben's wording make it sound like the former King could get away with stuff because of being King, but really, that sort of thing can apply to all kinds of rulers. Even democratically elected ones.

Yeah, that's true, but at least the politicians have to do things occassionally, and they see a modicum of repercussions if their deeds lose them popularity, and once in a blue moon they get persecuted for their crimes. It's bad, don't get me wrong, but if you ask me, it's certainly better than some asshat who does next to nothing and for it, earns a huge salary all his life and enjoys constitutional immunity to the law. All because he came out of the right uterus.

Edited by Saint Rubenio