Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

26 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's crazy to think of Spain as still having a monarch, especially after all it's been through.

We have a monarch because of what we've been through. Franco named our former king his successor. Then the newly installed monarch helped to establish the republic, earning him the kudos of people... But he made very sure he'd keep his throne. And his privileges.

This is awesome. I was joking at first but now I'd actually like to see this.

So would I. Provided a decently diverse cast, I would be interested in such a thing. Imagine, beating up characters I don't like with Garon. Oh, the dream.

Welcome to the club! We have complimentary systems that are way too easy to abuse.

Whoop!

🤜🤛

9 minutes ago, ping said:

Interesting to see that Spain (and Monaco) still are patrilinear. You'd think that the "women should have equal status" message should've arrived at the Spanish royal court by this time, but I guess aristocracy is a good place to keep regressive thinking alive.

Franco fucked a lot of things. The country could never have come out unscathed from a fascist regime that lasted till 75.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

You know, I've been thinking...

"Change is inevitable" or "Everything Changes" is something that gets mentioned often, but then... surely "Change is inevitable" must also at one point be subjected to itself, no? So to change "Change is inevitable" would mean Change stops being, well, Inevitable. But then that by itself is a change to the paradigm, so a change happens nonetheless, upholding the notion that everything changes anyway.

Just some random musing...

Reject society, embrace change today! (this message brought to you by Senator Armstrong)

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Monolith Soft has confirmed tank top Eunie is canon and they have unleashed a new power no mere mortal can handle.

Tank top Eunie and long hair Marianne on the same day, truly fate is generous.

Monopon is such a tease, covering Eunie with that textbox. Because I just want to see her full outfit, of course...

Edited by Lightchao42

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Monopon is such a tease, covering Eunie with that textbox. Because I just want to see her full outfit, of course...

Waifus are temporary, Nopon are eternal?

So I've learned that this emulator I'm using has really shitty rewind. Or at least, it cannot handle Sun God's Wrath. It keeps crashing on me. I'll have to play without rewind.

This is a bad thing, because I have major butterfingers with GBAFE. GBAFE especifically, for some reason. Fair game if I make tactical mistakes, but I really hate having to lose progress because my finger slipped and I ended someone's turn on accident.

30 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Who says Nintendo doesn't do Early Access? Maybe the game will be worth checking out in like a year or so.

Welp. It's exactly what I feared. It's going the same way as all the other Mario sports games on Switch: Half-assed and barebones release, slowly releasing the content that should've been there from day 1 in tiny paid packages. Except by that point everyone's already lost interest and forgotten about the game because the release was so half-assed and barebones, so nobody buys the DLCs and they just stop getting dropped, forever dooming the game to effective incompletion. I can't believe they still haven't learned their lesson. What happened to the famous Miyamoto quote?

Another pass it is, then. Ah well, I'm sure everyone is going to get generic theme songs anyway, as opposed to hilariously misplaced flamenco. Not enough balls for Luis in modern Ninty.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh yeah, Obi-Wan's series is out now. I haven't watched any of the other Star Wars shows but I might watch this one (for the sake of prequel nostalgia).

Screenshot+2015-09-04+at+4.30.41+PM.png

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm not sorry...

Beautiful

But I'm not too worked up about it, I only brought it up because other people were joking about Eunie being covered. Really, honest!

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We have a monarch because of what we've been through. Franco named our former king his successor. Then the newly installed monarch helped to establish the republic, earning him the kudos of people... But he made very sure he'd keep his throne. And his privileges.

What's that Otto Von Bismarck quote?

"I firmly believe that Spain is the strongest country. Constantly trying to destroy herself but to no success."

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whoop!

🤜🤛

Ah yes, the messed up countries club

Also known as the United Nations.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another pass it is, then. Ah well, I'm sure everyone is going to get generic theme songs anyway, as opposed to hilariously misplaced flamenco. Not enough balls for Luis in modern Ninty.

Ever since Ocarina of Time, Nintendo's had a weird fetish for mixing all the romance cultures into one single idea.

Of course. Dexithea gets buffed with a meme move growth, I decide to use her for the sake of that, and that's when she goes "you know what, I'm going to get fuck all in all my levels, just to annoy the hell out of you. Feed me more boss kills and watch me waste them."

Stupid RNG. At least Condor's doing good.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh dear.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

What's that Otto Von Bismarck quote?

"I firmly believe that Spain is the strongest country. Constantly trying to destroy herself but to no success."

Spain 🤝 Team Fortress 2

Trying desperately to die but failing.

Ah yes, the messed up countries club

Also known as the United Nations.

...Oof.

Ever since Ocarina of Time, Nintendo's had a weird fetish for mixing all the romance cultures into one single idea.

Hey, I'm not complaining. I love Luis's theme.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course. Dexithea gets buffed with a meme move growth, I decide to use her for the sake of that, and that's when she goes "you know what, I'm going to get fuck all in all my levels, just to annoy the hell out of you. Feed me more boss kills and watch me waste them."

So what is Thea trying to Exit from...?

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Back on the Manakicks:

I was originally thinking 5-a-side for it (Which would probably be better for this) but I then wanted to do like ping did and make a full squad. A full list of playable dragons would make for Tiki, Bantu, Nagi, Fae, Myrrh, Nowi, Nah, Corrin, Ena, Gareth, Nasir, Kurthnaga and Kana. I'm also going to add Xane, Idunn, Nils and Ninian, giving a full bench with those 16. Or not, there's 17, but I'm still going to explain Xane for this one even if he's not actually on that bench. Going for a 4-4-1-1 here, with the wings staggered a little bit forward.

Reveal hidden contents

GK: Gareth (This man absolutely looks like he could do it, those arms look like they could grab the ball from farther than half this team combined.)

CB:  Kurthnaga (With his having formshift and even a small Black Dragon being what it is, I don't think other teams would be keen to take him on. That being said, he's also not going to be all that powerful without it), Nagi (Divinestone, I'll be honest that the stones probably shouldn't matter, but Nagi and Tiki having them altering their focuses would allow them to play differently. In this case, solid defences make for a better back I'd argue.)

R/LWB: Myrrh (It's a matter of her having flight mobility to be honest, along with her being a powerhouse herself. I'm a bit stuck on arguing this one admittedly, but that's on me for trying to explain 11 players), Nah (The Awakening Dragonstones aren't exactly slow, so I can see Nah playing a position like this where she'd be moving more frequently. Also an aggressive person who I could see harassing her opponents to take possession.)

CM: Corrin (Corrin as a manakete may make sense, but I know people will be bothered by Corrin being here. But with Corrin generally being a good unit with a great deal of versatility, I can see that skillset transferring to the pitch), Ninian (Bit of n arguable pick, after all she doesn't transform as a player character and she's not exactly a physical character. But we're going with her as I suspect she's stronger wherever she came from and could have more capability in this context. And that's aside from the refresh options.)

R/LW: Nowi (Between herself and Nah I'm betting Nowi would be more of an offensive player who'd want to be on the attack, so that and her own personality would meld well enough together imo.), Tiki (Wyverstone, similar arguments to Nagi on the stone but Wyvern has tons of mobility in MotE and that would be an obvious positive for an attacking winger)

CF/ST: Nasir (Here I'm arguing Nasir as an offensive playmaker, one who would be taking the ball and either getting it to the striker or looking for opportunities to get the ball in the goal himself as needed), Fae (The chicken mightn't run far, but can be a devastating attacker. That's pretty much why she's playing in a deep position, aiming for scoring close or in the box. Admittedly normally she's not someone who'd be heading the ball, but her transformation does give her a good height boost.)

Bench: Bantu (Defensive wall, but age prevents him being on full time. Definite defender/goal option), Kana (Effectively a Corrin backup, it makes sense to have as a sub), Nils (Similar to Kana but as backup to Ninian. Could see using these two more offensively if needed.), Ena (Unlike Gareth, she is not someone for goals. Instead she'd probably play closer to Nasir's role looking at her), Idunn (Probably the character you're wondering as to why she's on the bench the most. Well, considering how she is likely still recovering from being the demon dragon, she probably wouldn't be ready for a full match but could have potential as an impact sub.)

Xane (A cheat? Yes. I probably should have something like Morgan who could have Manakete access, but nah. He can become anyone else stat wise. Yes I know he doesn't take on manakete forms, that could have been gameplay-story integration.)

The 5-a-side would be Tiki, Nowi, Myrrh, Fae and Ninian/Nils

Oh hey, I completely read past this before. I like the team, so lemme come up with something free from any Garonquest restrictions... I have played a couple seasons of Football Manager a few years ago, so I am very qualified to this! Going for a milquetoast 4231...

Spoiler

GK: Lethe
Cat laguz show great jumping abilities in their combat animations, so that should make them great at this position in general. Lethe specifically can bring the aggressiveness needed to intimidate the opposing team. ("War and Oliver Kahn" - Mehmet Scholz, Kahn's teammate, asked what he's afraid of)

Central Defenders: Gonzales & Dorcas
Big, strong, tough. Dorcas may be a tad slow, but he's also quite thoughtful and methodical, so he makes a good defensive bedrock.

Wing Backs: Janaff (L) & Ulki (R)
Seems appropriate for a position that requires a lot of movement back and forth on the court. Between the two, Janaff takes a more offensive stance, looking to get crosses into the box whenever he sees an opportunity.

Ball-Winning Midfielder: Jacob
No nonsense. Willing to be the water carrier to the more creative-minded teammates, even if he doesn't get as much attention that way.

Deep-Lying Playmaker: Robin
Was deliberating between them and Leo - those are the primary "strategist" characters that come to mind and I feel that a more defensive position, where they can oversee most of the court, would suit them better than an advanced playmaker.

Left Midfielder: Tanith
With Janaff being fairly offensive-minded, I'd rather put a more dependable player into this spot. Tanith is unlikely to forget about her defensive duties, but won't hesitate to cut inwards to take a shot (or open some space for Janaff) if the situation calls for it.

Right Attacking Midfielder: Shanna
Conversely, Ulki is better complemented by a creative, risk-taking player in front of him. Shanna is going to go into dribbling more often, or play risky passes, bringing some flair to the team.

Attacking Midfielder: Ike
Bit of a jack-of-all-trades. I feel that there might be a bit too much space between his position and the two defensive midfielders, even with Tanith cutting inside a bit more often, so I picked him over a more offensive-minded option such as Fir or Edward.

Striker: Charlotte
No "false nine" or anything of that sort in this team - Charlotte isn't the type for subtlety or intricate combining - she goes for the kill. She should do well as the first line of defence, too, running at whatever defender has the ball whenever given the chance.

Bench: Corrin
Doesn't really have a role in the team and hardly gets any playtime, but for some reason, they are incredibly important to everybody else.

Bench: Greil
Used to play Ike's position, but struggles to come back after a severe injury. For that reason, he's more focussed on passing on his skills to the younger players, especially Ike.

Bench: Felicia
Incredibly talented striker, but she insists that she'd much rather be fielded as a wing back. Regularly scores one or two goals subbing in, much to her frustration, but can't do a proper sliding tackle to save her life.

Bench: Leo
As I said, he was my second option for the DLP position.

Spoiler

w5NTaow.png

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah well, I'm sure everyone is going to get generic theme songs anyway

One of the best things about charged! 

Peach's was my personal favorite! 

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm not sorry...

You know, I never quite understood that meme. We've been through, what, have a dozen empires that considered themselves "Roman" to some degree, and they've all fallen. Meanwhile, boobs are still around and don't seem to be leaving any time soon. "Glory of Rome is eternal" my donkey.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So what is Thea trying to Exit from...?

Fate.

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

One of the best things about charged! 

Peach's was my personal favorite! 

I'm partial to Luis's theme, because well, patriotism. And honestly, that song just generally bops.

That aside, Daisy and Wario got some of my faves. And Waluigi. Waluigi's theme is absolutely hilarious.

25 minutes ago, ping said:

free from any Garonquest restrictions

You mean Garonquest privileges.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I'm not complaining. I love Luis's theme.

It's a great theme to make any guitarist realize how much they suck.

I don't think enough people appreciate the weirdness of the Gerudo in OoT.

You have Arabic women inspired by a Greek legend living in a Native American village with Spanish guitar music with an Egyptian temple.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You mean Garonquest privileges.

Apologies.

Is "devoid of any Garonquest blessings" acceptable?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Dayni Remember the female brigand from Sun God's Wrath that you rooted for back in the LP?

https://images2.imgbox.com/24/30/XkOvyZG9_o.png

Blademaster buffed her with a meme move growth and a new skill that makes her delete mages.

This final update makes me happy.

Oh, another update.

So I'm going to have to get that patch, thanks for the news that Dexithea got a neat buff.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

This is awesome. I was joking at first but now I'd actually like to see this.

EA will get the rights to FEFA now that FIFA ended their partnership.

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I've been thinking...

"Change is inevitable" or "Everything Changes" is something that gets mentioned often, but then... surely "Change is inevitable" must also at one point be subjected to itself, no? So to change "Change is inevitable" would mean Change stops being, well, Inevitable. But then that by itself is a change to the paradigm, so a change happens nonetheless, upholding the notion that everything changes anyway.

Just some random musing...

Yeah, the change of paradigm of inevitability of change to there being none is a change I suppose and if change is truly inevitable then that would change again.

I initially thought you were going on about change not being unidirectional, but yeah, this wasn't that.

9 minutes ago, ping said:

Oh hey, I completely read past this before. I like the team, so lemme come up with something free from any Garonquest restrictions... I have played a couple seasons of Football Manager a few years ago, so I am very qualified to this! Going for a milquetoast 4231...

Reveal hidden contents

GK: Lethe
Cat laguz show great jumping abilities in their combat animations, so that should make them great at this position in general. Lethe specifically can bring the aggressiveness needed to intimidate the opposing team. ("War and Oliver Kahn" - Mehmet Scholz, Kahn's teammate, asked what he's afraid of)

Central Defenders: Gonzales & Dorcas
Big, strong, tough. Dorcas may be a tad slow, but he's also quite thoughtful and methodical, so he makes a good defensive bedrock.

Wing Backs: Janaff (L) & Ulki (R)
Seems appropriate for a position that requires a lot of movement back and forth on the court. Between the two, Janaff takes a more offensive stance, looking to get crosses into the box whenever he sees an opportunity.

Ball-Winning Midfielder: Jacob
No nonsense. Willing to be the water carrier to the more creative-minded teammates, even if he doesn't get as much attention that way.

Deep-Lying Playmaker: Robin
Was deliberating between them and Leo - those are the primary "strategist" characters that come to mind and I feel that a more defensive position, where they can oversee most of the court, would suit them better than an advanced playmaker.

Left Midfielder: Tanith
With Janaff being fairly offensive-minded, I'd rather put a more dependable player into this spot. Tanith is unlikely to forget about her defensive duties, but won't hesitate to cut inwards to take a shot (or open some space for Janaff) if the situation calls for it.

Right Attacking Midfielder: Shanna
Conversely, Ulki is better complemented by a creative, risk-taking player in front of him. Shanna is going to go into dribbling more often, or play risky passes, bringing some flair to the team.

Attacking Midfielder: Ike
Bit of a jack-of-all-trades. I feel that there might be a bit too much space between his position and the two defensive midfielders, even with Tanith cutting inside a bit more often, so I picked him over a more offensive-minded option such as Fir or Edward.

Striker: Charlotte
No "false nine" or anything of that sort in this team - Charlotte isn't the type for subtlety or intricate combining - she goes for the kill. She should do well as the first line of defence, too, running at whatever defender has the ball whenever given the chance.

Bench: Corrin
Doesn't really have a role in the team and hardly gets any playtime, but for some reason, they are incredibly important to everybody else.

Bench: Greil
Used to play Ike's position, but struggles to come back after a severe injury. For that reason, he's more focussed on passing on his skills to the younger players, especially Ike.

Bench: Felicia
Incredibly talented striker, but she insists that she'd much rather be fielded as a wing back. Regularly scores one or two goals subbing in, much to her frustration, but can't do a proper sliding tackle to save her life.

Bench: Leo
As I said, he was my second option for the DLP position.

Reveal hidden contents

w5NTaow.png

Nice details, you put more consideration into positions than I did. I especially like the consideration of your wingers and wing backs, alongside how the bench units work for this team.

And of course everybody just dunked on Corrin, pfft.

6 minutes ago, ping said:

You know, I never quite understood that meme. We've been through, what, have a dozen empires that considered themselves "Roman" to some degree, and they've all fallen. Meanwhile, boobs are still around and don't seem to be leaving any time soon. "Glory of Rome is eternal" my donkey.

Empires always think of themselves as grander than a large bunch of people that they are.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's a great theme to make any guitarist realize how much they suck.

Every time I hear it I get the urge to clap and scream olé. I imagine it's a similar feeling to what Americans get when the US flag enters their field of view.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I don't think enough people appreciate the weirdness of the Gerudo in OoT.

You have Arabic women inspired by a Greek legend living in a Native American village with Spanish guitar music with an Egyptian temple.

And they're buff, too.

...Okay, wait, that has nothing to do with anything, does it.

Anyway, yeah, you're right. That's quite a bit of diversity suffused into one fictional race. Not something you see every day.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

Apologies.

I accept your apology.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

Is "devoid of any Garonquest blessings" acceptable?

Much better.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh, another update.

I lost count of the amount of final updates, but it seems he's determined to make this one the one. He closed up the suggestions channel at the discord server and everything.

(Not so) Fun fact: The patch exists because Blademaster caught COVID. It wasn't too serious, but he used the recovery time he otherwise had nothing to do with to make the final patch. Technically, you can say Covid gave Dexithea her 10% move growth. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So I'm going to have to get that patch, thanks for the news that Dexithea got a neat buff.

You're welcome. I figured you'd like it.

...Now if only she'd stop being massively RNG screwed in my run. C'mon, girl, you have 60% strength and speed growths. How have you gotten 1 speed and no strength in 4 levels? Condor stole her growths! It's like their performances are reversed compared to the LP.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Nice details, you put more consideration into positions than I did. I especially like the consideration of your wingers and wing backs, alongside how the bench units work for this team.

Meanwhile I'm here like "what's a wing back?"

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And they're buff, too.

Not in Ocarina of Time. And they were significantly shorter then adult Link too.

Maybe it's different for the Gerudos in the Iron Knuckle armors. They are taller then Adult Link.

But at least when Nabooru breaks out of her armor, all that extra height just goes poof. But her armor is also a lot bulkier then the regular ones. So who knows?

Edited by BrightBow

Eyyyy first move level! It's on Astrea. A little boring, but protagonist with big move is always much appreciated.

...And I lost it to a stupid mistake right at the end.

Hurray. Well, that's enough FE for a night. If nothing else, maybe Dexithea will finally get a tolerable level next attempt.

If everyone wasn't a game over unit for the first few chapters I would've DEFINITELY just continued.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Not in Ocarina of Time. And they were significantly shorter then adult Link too.

Maybe it's different for the Gerudos in the Iron Knuckle armors.

...Oh.

Son of a fucking bitch.

Of course.

I redo the map and Evan gets the move level instead. You know, Evan, the guy I don't want to use in this run because I always use him and I want to use as many new units as I can this time around.

Goddamnit, game.

...But at least Condor continues to impress. Goodness, LP Condor was worse in a few areas, and that's after promoting. If nothing else, I'm happy about that.

I need to get to Kirin already so I can see a million move levels

Man I love talking about stuff that only two people in the thread will get