• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 23 finished. That was a great map. Took WAY too long, but that's more due to my badness than anything else.

What now?

Oh God.

Oh Christ.

Oh dear.

Oh no.

I made it.

Here it is.

The infamous chapter that I've heard so much talk about. The one known only as...

Lever Hell.

If Lever Hell is in VS2, then what was this one?
uwM_hzBBBiRR8e9WjqicmufjtPY6tSXNdAyMWHg1

18 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

damn it

I look forward to it.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If Lever Hell is in VS2, then what was this one?
uwM_hzBBBiRR8e9WjqicmufjtPY6tSXNdAyMWHg1

From what I've been told?

Lever Hell Junior.

Will get back to you with more details once I start.

Nothing too fancy here, but this looks like a nice new sprite for the lovely Adelaide.

Sujata and Ashuram also have their VS2 palettes now. I think they had generic palettes in the original version. Not to mention Sujata was a Swordmaster.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Nothing too fancy here, but this looks like a nice new sprite for the lovely Adelaide.

That's the map sprite of the few witches that appear in VS2. Certainly fitting.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Sujata and Ashuram also have their VS2 palettes now. I think they had generic palettes in the original version. Not to mention Sujata was a Swordmaster.

I mean, Ashram didn't even have the same portrait lol. Looks like they were updated to look just like they do in VS2. Neat.

Remaster.

Most certainly looks lovely. Though hard to imagine it's gonna get localized. I mean, it's one thing for freeware, but how do you market something like this if you need to actually sell it?

So wait, for VS1R is it likely that they won't bother localising? After all the trouble of getting VS1 done to begin with, only for this to be made and it just be left all the way over there?

Personally kinda miffed. If the remaster is intended as a superlative version to the original as a predecessor to the upcoming VS2, then any events unique to that are stuck on this region locked remaster and could end up causing trouble for someone casually playing VS2 after VS1. If it doesn't alter anything major story wise, it raises the question of why it was done. Don't worry about pointing to the differences here, I do get they made some gameplay and graphical changes besides.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, it's one thing for freeware, but how do you market something like this if you need to actually sell it?

I mean, there were people as idiotic as me to get the original apparently.

I realise the cost on VS1 was localisation, but it seems to me like a weird argument to make for a game that is being charged for to begin with. It would seem that being up front about differences would at least help people understand what the hell is going on.

40 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Remaster.

Most certainly looks lovely. Though hard to imagine it's gonna get localized. I mean, it's one thing for freeware, but how do you market something like this if you need to actually sell it?

The Dangen dev that talks to us said it was a possibility. Nothing certain, but he didn't deconfirm it either.

...Still, yeah, you make a good point. A simple remaster of a rather obscure freeware game whose original version was already localized a few years ago is something that would sell like, 10 copies lol. Hard to spin that into something economically viable, unfortunately.

Okay, so I've made some progress through Lever Hell.

Honestly? So far, I don't really get why they call it Lever Hell. This isn't anywhere near the likes of the usual "hell" maps, like Kitsune Hell or Ninja Hell. Heck, it's not even as much of a headache as VS1 chapter 20! The levers are super random, for sure, but so far the map maintains a nice rhythm. Hopefully this keeps up and Kaga doesn't drop like, a final boss on top of me for pulling the wrong lever.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

xi9Iif5.png

1832376-348px_atys.png

That'd be one way to control the 'drive.

A way I'll 100% jokingly consider, as I drove somnolently drunk with eros today. I told myself to sober up quickly, but I couldn't. The entire first half of the trip felt not good, even if I didn't make any mistakes. The return half I did have a clear, more alert mind for. But, as soon as I got back, the sobriety started to fade again. I'm a mess.

Why did I have to stumble minutes ago on a developer-developed FPS mod that recolors all blood splatters in the game to Male Secretion White too? Can't I get a break?😩

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why did I have to stumble minutes ago on a developer-developed FPS mod that recolors all blood splatters in the game to Male Secretion White too? Can't I get a break?😩

...................................................................................................................................................

Mods were a mistake

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Shrimp-kun…is…is everything alright on your end?

Job searching, LaTeX (writing software not outfit) driving me crazy, FE hungry (really FE hungry), some certification exams coming up to add to CV, waiting for Illya route, etc.

The usual

Edited by Shrimpolaris

I continue to be ever so glad for Kaga's fondness for the badass sniper lady archetype. It is simply the best.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

FE hungry (really FE hungry)

You see, there's this game called Karajan Saga which is coming out in July--

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

...................................................................................................................................................

Context-

The game's developer opted for pink & purple blood in their sci-fi first-person-shooter game. Players complained that the alien blood wasn't red, despite a number of major aliens -Aliens's Xenomorphs and Halo's Covenant among them- having had non-red blood in the past.

Another indie FPS developer decided to appease these crimson-wanting whiny gamers, and started work on an unofficial red-blood mod. However the game, Selaco, processed the color wrongly and it came out white, which someone then commented on as looking like... that. The dev ran with it and showed off the "white-blood" mod, which they named "Selacoom". Though the dev made a successful red-blood mod afterwards, they haven't actually released the white-blood mod. -It's all an accidental but good-natured joke.🩸💧 One which every FPS should copy ASAP!

Personally, the joke works for me. I used to think it wouldn't at all b/c disgusting!, but now... if I'm in the mood for that kind of silliness, I'll take it.💦😄

Count Gloucester has a face.

Legit surprised.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The game's developer opted for pink & purple blood in their sci-fi first-person-shooter game. Players complained that the alien blood wasn't red, despite a number of major aliens -Aliens's Xenomorphs and Halo's Covenant among them- having had non-red blood in the past.

Another indie FPS developer decided to appease these crimson-wanting whiny gamers, and started work on an unofficial red-blood mod. However the game, Selaco, processed the color wrongly and it came out white, which someone then commented on as looking like... that. The dev ran with it and showed off the "white-blood" mod, which they named "Selacoom". Though the dev made a successful red-blood mod afterwards, they haven't actually released the white-blood mod. -It's all an accidental but good-natured joke.🩸💧 One which every FPS should copy ASAP!

First, jeez what an irrelevant complaint.

Also, wait did the official devs make the red blood mod and someone else made the... well, you know? Hmm.