• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

PS4 versions lets gooooooooo

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, you were playing J, wasn't it. At what point are you now?

I don't even remember, every map feels the same. I beat the enemies, read some text and then kill the new enemies that spawn afterwards

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I advise having liquor with food

it's better that way.

I was talking about dropping an asteroid on the planet

Oh well, thanks

https://i.redd.it/9b54jooh2ps51.jpg

Edited by Newtype06

Almost done with the Haafingar stuff. Again, what I could trigger for now. I'm not advancing the next main storyline quest until I'm done, so it's just about coming up.

... time to bust up some Thalmor in their own embassy...

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I have it wishlisted on Steam. That’s something.

Excellent, I am glad that my pervasive recommendations are having an effect!

4 hours ago, Strullemia said:

I immediately pre ordered the sequel

That reminds me, I really need to get on doing that.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

a soldier on the Italy front who strolled back into into camp one day, reportedly shouting "I fucked a cardinal's nephew!".

What a chad.

...Again, assuming consent and age were all good.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

Excellent, I am glad that my pervasive recommendations are having an effect!

If it ever goes on sale and I’m not busy playing anything else, I just might get to it immediately since I’ve been in a lowkey VN mood for a while. And Yakuza 0 is still just sitting in my steam library.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for all that is "anime" in video games that I tolerate, accept, and love, the real deal still has an alienness to me -as I don't watch anime- and I haven't yet embraced it.

Meanwhile, i am not at all familiar with any of the series here, outside of Sakura Wars and Ultraman, the former because i've played and the latter out of sheer legacy impact (i vaguely remember seeing some Ultraman episodes when i was younger).

So you ain't alone here haha.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, let's laugh at another image that is apparently leaked

I take back what i said about her being a modded Nabohino.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I love that design tbh

I can definitely see the Gust influence there.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

PS4 versions lets gooooooooo

Honestly, i have to respect Atlus porting The Series That Starts With 3 to literally everything except the Switch inb4 cloud versions.

Alright, finished Diplomatic Immunity. Now next destination is Riften. However, I'll do some stuff before actually heading there. I should also consider if I actually go and do Winterhold stuff or wait until after I'm done with Riften. Well, got enough time to ponder that for next time.

---

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile, i am not at all familiar with any of the series here, outside of Sakura Wars and Ultraman, the former because i've played and the latter out of sheer legacy impact (i vaguely remember seeing some Ultraman episodes when i was younger).

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not quite adjusted to the change of animation stylings, and licensed anime characters compared to knockoffs is something I need more time to digest. As for all that is "anime" in video games that I tolerate, accept, and love, the real deal still has an alienness to me -as I don't watch anime- and I haven't yet embraced it. -But I'm sure the sense of foreignness can gradually away melt with time.

It's an understandable sentiment. Even I barely knew much mecha anime when I first learned of SRW. I would even say I learned more series through SRW than otherwise.

I whipped through most of the DLC and former early-purchase bonus missions available on early Earth route. Of course they're samey and easy, and overloading me with cash and MxC I shouldn't have at this point, I'd have even more to do if I had bought the second season pass, but it wasn't worth it purely for Sanger and an extra attack for the SRX. Still, I'm almost through the Extra/DLC battles and can continue with the main story tomorrow.

A few musings on the OG units I nabbed...

Spoiler
  • Why doesn't the RyuKoOh have the Dragoon Blade? Seems a tad odd, but then it does it make the KoRyuOh more valuable for big damage. Afterimage has been replaced with a weaker evasion skill?
  • Not being able to transform into Cybird ain't so bad, since Cybuster ('baster? Is there transliteration ambiguity here?) now has S Air, which it didn't in OG, presumably to make 'bird which did have S Air more meaningful. I get ditching the Caloric Missiles if they were going to drop a weapon; getting 1-3 range on the Discutter makes it a fair trade.
  • The removal of independent Wing Gust and Gust Lander forms also helps the Grungust, since in OGs, the primary form had no range and the lowest movement and was there for pure damage. The vehicle forms were a bit lacking on power, but had the range and move its humanoid self needed, 'gust couldn't have everything at once. Condensing the Grungust into one form has given it versatility with power. Also helped by turning Final Beam into a long range attack when it demands point blank range in the OGverse. 
  • Alt is as lopsided as ever, but I'm going to be showering it with old-fashioned favoritism. Needs a range booster for one.
  • The Cross Omega original seems fairly strong. I like the dual blade weapon.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I suppose I don't have anything to add this time.

You don't have to feel like you always have to.😉

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I don't even remember, every map feels the same.

I understand where you're coming from. With as many maps and games as SRW has, map design isn't the greatest. Some FE fans seems to demand that each and every battle of the 30~40 they experience over the course of a playthrough be intricate and unique and that every last enemy unit be planned out to the length of their toenails. SRW ain't for them.

But then, I'm a chill person with an unrefined palette who can enjoy both ends of the map design spectrum. So I don't mind SRW. Maps thankfully don't usually go on that long.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

What a chad.

Relevant etymology lesson I should've given earlier- nepotism. Comes from the Italian word nipote, meaning "nephew". Referring to the practice of some popes making one of their nephews a high-ranking cardinal. Men aspiring to the papacy couldn't have (legitimate at least) sons, so a son of one of their siblings was as close as they could get to having one. The pope would bestow their nephew with ecclesiastical status, wealth and power, and the nephew would be expected to be loyal and help keep wealth and power within their family.

And thus we get a word rightfully synonymous with corruption!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A few musings on the OG units I nabbed...

Hide contents
  • Why doesn't the RyuKoOh have the Dragoon Blade? Seems a tad odd, but then it does it make the KoRyuOh more valuable for big damage. Afterimage has been replaced with a weaker evasion skill?
  • Not being able to transform into Cybird ain't so bad, since Cybuster ('baster? Is there transliteration ambiguity here?) now has S Air, which it didn't in OG, presumably to make 'bird which did have S Air more meaningful. I get ditching the Caloric Missiles if they were going to drop a weapon; getting 1-3 range on the Discutter makes it a fair trade.
  • The removal of independent Wing Gust and Gust Lander forms also helps the Grungust, since in OGs, the primary form had no range and the lowest movement and was there for pure damage. The vehicle forms were a bit lacking on power, but had the range and move its humanoid self needed, 'gust couldn't have everything at once. Condensing the Grungust into one form has given it versatility with power. Also helped by turning Final Beam into a long range attack when it demands point blank range in the OGverse. 
  • Alt is as lopsided as ever, but I'm going to be showering it with old-fashioned favoritism. Needs a range booster for one.
  • The Cross Omega original seems fairly strong. I like the dual blade weapon.
Spoiler
  • It's not available at start, and that's all I'm saying.
  • Cybuster more or less comes from merging cyber, psy, buster, bastard, and star, so perhaps it ends up being the translator's choice if going for the a or the u.
  • Lately SRW has been ditching most alternate forms of transformable mechas, only showing up in attack animations and such. 30 is no different, but some are still around in playable format.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I understand where you're coming from. With as many maps and games as SRW has, map design isn't the greatest. Some FE fans seems to demand that each and every battle of the 30~40 they experience over the course of a playthrough be intricate and unique and that every last enemy unit be planned out to the length of their toenails. SRW ain't for them.

But then, I'm a chill person with an unrefined palette who can enjoy both ends of the map design spectrum. So I don't mind SRW. Maps thankfully don't usually go on that long.

Yeah, the map design isn't meant to be SRW's main draw. Although one thing to be said of SRW 30 is that due how much content it has, and its nature of free-roaming / mission select/ world map means there will be obvious map reuse. Suffice to say, despite the mission taking place in X location, don't always expect to see the actual X.

Though for some real piece of work, SRW Impact and its 100+ maps were still like 95% unique. Some locations were visited twice or even thrice through the course of the game, so the map reuse was justified there.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

If it ever goes on sale and I’m not busy playing anything else, I just might get to it immediately since I’ve been in a lowkey VN mood for a while.

If that happens, I hope you like it! It'd be nice to be 1/2 for suggestions to people.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

And Yakuza 0 is still just sitting in my steam library.

Eh, you don't sound very interested in it. It is my favorite game ever, but I don't wanna rush you into it yet.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, let's laugh at another image that is apparently leaked.

This is terrible, but I kinda love it. I hope that she's, like, a total goober.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Yup! The release date's really snuck up on me, but I've been waiting on pins and needles for it.

Unfortunately i'm in Europe so I have to wait an extra 2 weeks..

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And thus we get a word rightfully synonymous with corruption!

That's pretty neat.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Unfortunately i'm in Europe so I have to wait an extra 2 weeks..

Oof... Hope you don't get spoiled before then.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

inb4 cloud versions.

Atlus Switch games running worse than Kingdom Hearts lets gooooooooooo

Won't be a dream, given SMT V's performance

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, no, no, no, no. I am not talking about the map design itself, I am talking about how every chapter's formula is extremely repetitive. Every time I clear a map there's one conversation and then reinforcements arrive. If I were to put in FE terms, it's like every time you routed the enemy in a "rout map", instead of ending the chapter you get get enemy reinforcements showing up and then you have to rout them again. Happened every chapter.

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

If that happens, I hope you like it! It'd be nice to be 1/2 for suggestions to people.

Remember that you have a 100% suggestion rate with me!

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Remember that you have a 100% suggestion rate with me!

Right, uh... I suggested Yakuza Kiwami and Judgment, right?

Speaking of, if you haven't yet started Judgment 1, I think I overhyped it a little too much for you based off my experience with Lost Judgment; it's still pretty solid, but they still hadn't quite figured out everything just yet.

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

8zxw70ls9s591.png

We don't even have new game at this stage lol. That chart should have the "fans lose their heads over unconfirmed leak of dubious origin" step.

Myself included, naturally. All the "no this has C R E D I B I L I T Y" claims by fans are making me worry more than i should...

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, let's laugh at another image that is apparently leaked. People calling her toothpaste-chan, just call her Crest so Edelgard can fight her.

It's the Garon of character designs. It's so hilariously terrible, I almost kinda like it in a bizarre way.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, someone's taken a spin at translating the leaks. Interesting questions if it's real.

You know, if this turns out to be real and we really get monastery 2 + console Heroes, at least I can take solace in the fact that they remembered what a beard is.

...then again, that may just be the single most robust piece of evidence AGAINST the leak. That is not a character design modern IntSys is capable of. Even Hanneman, blessed as he was, wasn't allowed to have a full beard.

6 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I love that design tbh

Yeh the beardman looks pretty great, I agree.

On 6/12/2022 at 9:21 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, that's awesome! How's that coming along? Anything you'd consider share-worthy yet?

my profile picture

032wMc0.jpg?2

Well, for most I start with Kirby characters since they are not too bad to draw for being non human.

Though my ultimate goal is draw Lysithea one day...

I am still in practice.

18 minutes ago, Julizan said:

my profile picture

032wMc0.jpg?2

Ayy, not bad at all, these two!

18 minutes ago, Julizan said:

Though my ultimate goal is draw Lysithea one day...

I am still in practice.

Of course, these things take time. Good luck!