Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahaha, sounds a bit... predictable of you? XD

The spirit of SRW is a giant crossover, a dependency on OGs outside of the OG games undermines that. Not to mention I have yet to pick up another four of them. Factoring in the Hucky 30 (because it's rather... unoriginal) and I'll be at 10 OG units, had I the Expansion Pack, I'd be at 11. OGs had a deployment maximum of 20 in its final battles, 50% OG at a minimum is scarily high.

And yet... Cybuster is dodging super well with the innate S Air Rating = +30 Mobility part alone no upgrades, and has the gold standard of MAP attacks. Grungust is looking favorable compared to the GaoGaiGo and Combattler & Voltes V, minus the lack of subpilots, at least early on. Kyosuke is too damned cool and the entire universe deserves his lady when she shows up. How will I be able to turn down the SRX either? Or the Gilliam being a representative of Compati Hero, and thus the thing that sorta led the year later to SRW and though dead now has been intertwined with it since Hero Senki? Kusuha could get the boot, but Bullet has been putting in the work (with the excellent VGC Alloy part Irm brought admittedly)  and Kusuha learned Wall when other SRs really haven't yet so the Choukijin has been useful. The Van Ein could and should go b/c it's the only one I've no prior bond to, and yet it's doing enough damage that I like having it around, it seems solid. ...the DD original unit I've yet to get seems like the only thing I could bench without a little heartache.😝

It's like being free/paid DLC has made most of the OGs crew too good for the earlygame. -Although I'm probably overestimating their performance, and, despite not having spent for upgrades on anything except the 30 and Drei yet, I have given them a couple really good parts.

I do want to branch out, but a combination of gameplay (I wasn't intending to put AOS upgrades towards the EXP + PP bonuses, yet I'm thinking otherwise now to keep the benched from falling too far behind) and preexisting bonds are holding me back.

I am liking the variety of other mech designs and attack animations, along with some of the music. Rayearth put in a surprisingly good deal of work without dying during her first appearance battle too but the magical girl stuff isn't enough. I need the Fairlions to show up and dance with the three Magic Knights providing top-tier stage special effects surrounding them now! A "mecha" idol supergroup shall be born!, so maybe she'll lock herself into the first a non-OG final team deployment slot for me? "Flame Sword" could use more flair for an ultimate attack though, that might disqualify her.

If you do have some kill scores on the non-OGs, then for Clear Bonus choose to keep them. Should speed some things up in NG+.

Good idea! 

The annoying thing with getting the few secrets OGs 2 had was making sure everyone got the kill counts in by their deadlines. In practice, everyone b/c I knew the game so well hit their requirements well before I ever got to those deadlines, I overcorrected.

And that was OGs, where secrets are relatively few from what I'm aware. Cutting down on at least some of the micromanagement in SRW proper ought to help out a ton.

37 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

but it's also more or less literal, since they live on Mars and they have machinery running through their bodies and nerves as well thanks to the Alaya-Vijnana Interface System (a nanomachine system that connects the pilot directly to the machine through cybernetic implants).

What won't humans do for a better, and possibly less humane, man-machine interface? 

Since it's DLC, IBO isn't properly integrated into the story of 30. I think.

37 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Who? Mikazuki? Him and the rest of Tekkadan are battle-hardened child soldiers, so it's not that strange for him to be like that.

That's the name!😅 -And I see, one of those situations. Understandable then. 

Also, I didn't mean that all that seriously. I won't lie however, when Acacia some time ago joked question if IBO was popular b/c shirtless dudes, I did at that point decide to lightheartedly judge the DLC IBO character when I met them. Not that I'd let it prevent me from considering the characters in a serious light once I got the joke out of me. I tries to act like I'm slutty for pixels sometimes is all. And I am.😛

42 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I think his problem is that he is stuck as this archetype of character, which started with Heero in Wing and was perfected with Setsuna in 00.

So, a case of "Studio failed to understand what made *insert prior example of their own creation* work"?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The spirit of SRW is a giant crossover, a dependency on OGs outside of the OG games undermines that. Not to mention I have yet to pick up another four of them. Factoring in the Hucky 30 (because it's rather... unoriginal) and I'll be at 10 OG units, had I the Expansion Pack, I'd be at 11. OGs had a deployment maximum of 20 in its final battles, 50% OG at a minimum is scarily high.

That said, since the game can potentially be quite long and there's repeatable missions for grinding purposes, you could afford to have more units in the wings than just the deployment limits.

I am liking the variety of other mech designs and attack animations, along with some of the music. Rayearth put in a surprisingly good deal of work without dying during her first appearance battle too but the magical girl stuff isn't enough. I need the Fairlions to show up and dance with the three Magic Knights providing top-tier stage special effects surrounding them now! A "mecha" idol supergroup shall be born!, so maybe she'll lock herself into the first a non-OG final team deployment slot for me? "Flame Sword" could use more flair for an ultimate attack though, that might disqualify her.

Well, if you don't know about Rayearth, then yeah, Flame Sword might look like it's her ultimate attack...

Haha, if you feel it lacking, then just deploy all three. XD Windam can Repair, so not a bad choice for a combat medic.

As an aside, Rayearth is among the few anime I knew about before seeing them in SRW. Even though it took until like... 2020 before I finally saw it (basically when it was back on TV over here), so after SRW T was out and it had already debuted.

Good idea! 

The annoying thing with getting the few secrets OGs 2 had was making sure everyone got the kill counts in by their deadlines. In practice, everyone b/c I knew the game so well hit their requirements well before I ever got to those deadlines, I overcorrected.

And that was OGs, where secrets are relatively few from what I'm aware. Cutting down on at least some of the micromanagement in SRW proper ought to help out a ton.

At least most of the time if the game transfers the kill counts in NG+, then you only have to worry it doing it once. So the ones that don't, like A, it certainly can become a chore or having to plan things well, haha. I remember having like the whole thing planned out spread kills in D, and even then I would not get the required kills needed to recruit Haman Kharn. Then again, she's NG+ anyway, where I can get the remaining kills.

Since it's DLC, IBO isn't properly integrated into the story of 30. I think.

Yeah, they're not. Story beats don't really exist for the DLC units. Though I believe that those of the Expansion Pack did got a little something.

In fact, it seems the deal was that IBO wouldn't get its story in SRW 30 because it was already been used in DD, and also why 30 has Season 1 content only, if I recall. This could also be why Combattler V is post-script in 30, because its story is also running in DD. Which is... a waste, if you ask me. Combattler had not been in mainline SRW since L, where it was also post-script, so its grand return... keeps it post-script still. At least DD began with Season 1, which hasn't been seen in SRW since like... Impact or so. Wait, no, it was Compact 3 which did it last.

As a side note, it's still a bit hilarious. Since for long in SRW, before Shin Getter Robo Armageddon and Mazinger Infinity were a thing, it means the Combattler team, who are all teens except for Kosuke, are in the same age backet as the likes of Koji and the Getter Team. But now, due to symbolism, we know have the Mazinger and Getter guys in their late twenties and treated as veterans, having the still teen Combattler V team around feels... so odd, specially with how they get treated by their older peers, who in many universes instead share the same age instead and were equals, and not the Super Robot kohais to the Holy Trinity sempais. It's... quite hilarious to ponder about. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, a case of "Studio failed to understand what made *insert prior example of their own creation* work"?

It was more of a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation. IBO suffered dev hell and by season 2 the writers, who were fighting amongst themselves, kinda gave up. But I don't think Mikazuki is bad overall, just that he didn't live up to his potential. Just like IBO.

Mikazuki Augus | Wiki | •Anime• Amino

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hope you get well soon too! And ideally figure out what the problem is. It looks like I missed it whenever you first posted about it.

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, if you don't know about Rayearth, then yeah, Flame Sword might look like it's her ultimate attack...

Haha, if you feel it lacking, then just deploy all three. XD

I had all three adjacent to each other for much of the DLC map and their debut battle! 

I take it the combination attack does not unlock right away then. I did notice from flowchart glimpsing in the past that mainline SRW does sometimes hold back on giving mechs their full arsenal of attacks when they first show up, whereas that is practically never the case in OG.

In fact, it seems the deal was that IBO wouldn't get its story in SRW 30 because it was already been used in DD, and also why 30 has Season 1 content only, if I recall.

This is why it is bad for Japan to treat the mobile gaming as a "serious gaming" market! Not everyone who likes SRW, likes gatcha and the ilk (assuming it's gatcha).

This could also be why Combattler V is post-script in 30, because its story is also running in DD. Which is... a waste, if you ask me. Combattler had not been in mainline SRW since L, where it was also post-script, so its grand return... keeps it post-script still. At least DD began with Season 1, which hasn't been seen in SRW since like... Impact or so. Wait, no, it was Compact 3 which did it last.

...Compact 3. The Wonderswan Color. Bandai-now-Bandai-Namco's version of the Game Boy Color.

Maybe I need to give Combattler a slot out of sheerest pity then. SRWL admittedly isn't so unbelievably old, but still just over a decade past.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had all three adjacent to each other for much of the DLC map and their debut battle! 

I take it the combination attack does not unlock right away then. I did notice from flowchart glimpsing in the past that mainline SRW does sometimes hold back on giving mechs their full arsenal of attacks when they first show up, whereas that is practically never the case in OG.

Yeah. Though most of the time it's because it also worked that way in their original works. And from what I recall, this is the case with Rayearth here.

At least once you do, you don't have to deploy all three. Since a big change in this game with combination attacks is that you no longer have to deploy them all to use them. That said, as a trade-off, they will be less powerful compared to if you had deployed everyone involved in the combination attack and had them adjacent or a tile away as usual.

This is why it is bad for Japan to treat the mobile gaming as a "serious gaming" market! Not everyone who likes SRW, likes gatcha and the ilk (assuming it's gatcha).

It is. Though not in the usual sense. Units are not locked behind gacha (SRW being story driven pretty much prevents that). What is gacha are their attacks.

...Compact 3. The Wonderswan Color. Namco's version of the Game Boy Color.

Maybe I need to give Combattler a slot out of sheerest pity then. SRWL admittedly isn't so unbelievably old, but still just over a decade past.

Yep. Not counting DLC, Combattler is kinda on its lonesome, being the only "old timer" of the cast. Since it's from the 1970's, when everything else is 90's onward. Barring Zeta Gundam from the 80's, and while the original Gundam is in too, it's as units only, so I wouldn't really count it. Specially since Victory and Narrative are the main Gundam plots of the game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hmm, there was two little quakes today over here. Only about 2 on the scale, but the main concerning part is their epicenter being not even 10km away from my house. To the point they're actually quite audible in spite of their low intensity. It's been the source of a few shakes for months now...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, there was two little quakes today over here. Only about 2 on the scale, but the main concerning part is their epicenter being not even 10km away from my house. To the point they're actually quite audible in spite of their low intensity. It's been the source of a few shakes for months now...

Oof... Hope everything stays OK over there, earthquakes really suck.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hope everything is okay! I don’t really know anything about earthquakes, but some of then can be quite bad, so I hope nothing like that happens.

It will be my first live Gundam, as I was away from the franchise during G-reco and IBO. I'm hyped.

A.S. (Ad Stella) 122

An era when a multitude of corporations have entered space and built a huge economic system.

A lone girl from the remote planet Mercury transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology, run by the Beneritt Group which dominates the mobile suit industry.

Her name is Suletta Mercury. With a scarlet light burning in her pure heart, this girl walks step by step through a new world.

THERE'S GOING TO BE SCHOOL KINO

A second-year student in the piloting department, who transferred to the school from Mercury. Suletta is timid and somewhat lacks communication skills.
She is the pilot of the Gundam Aerial developed on Mercury.

Aerial was revelead just like Zeta. Is she going to be autistic like Kamille? Also

https://i.imgur.com/6BDy54n.png

OH NO

Let's hope that everything continues well there for you 🙏

Oh wow, they turned sweet little Hoelun into a monster.

And here I was thinking they might merely increase Ariadne's durability. Guess missing out on the Bow of Aragoth will no longer be much of a concern.

Edited by BrightBow

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

This intrigues me. But it is also Kaga so i have to be wary. Very wary.

And here I was worried I hadn't structured my write-up too well. Ended up piquing the interest of the resident Kaga hater. Hah!

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I really hope it doesn't give me like five super stress-inducing maps in a row because that+route split handling led to me dropping the game. 

VS1, right? No. I've been saying this a lot, but this game is a lot better than that one. I liked almost all the maps, more than VS1's, and the constant perspective changes led to practically every unit having a chance or two to shine, so the VS1 issue of having a late route split where your units may be untrained is not present here. Quite the opposite, in fact - You'll have more than a couple opportunities to use EVERYONE in any given run, despite the fact that the cast size is akin to regular FEs with benches. Isn't that fascinating?

Not to mention (and I probably should have, in the write-up), stats are at their lowest relevance since Berwick in this game, AND promotion isn't a thing either (for the most part). Since the units don't have to constantly keep up with strict number thresholds, it gives the game a lot more flexibility to experiment with a different concept of availability and different manners of unit progression.

...And hey, if nothing else, this one lets you save all the time, all you want. I know you prefer that, so... Yeah. Just sayin'. While you were busy cursing his name, Kaga thought of you.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

what

You read me right.

what

Eyup, what I said.

what

Yeah, that's exactly how you were supposed to react.

I did tell you, the strangeness of this cast is off the charts. Kaga held nothing back. Again, there's still a number of more boring dudes, but it's relatively low and Bertoullia alone the more unique elements of the cast more than make up for it.

You know, this writeup actually makes me excited for it.

Whoop whoop!

If there's one thing I admiro in Kaga's works is that he's not afraid of shaking up the formula and adding crazy things.

Yeah, exactly. That's also why FE3 is my least favorite Kaga game. UI issues aside, it is by far his most mundane, unimaginative game. As for the rest, while they certainly have problems and I only love two of them, one thing I've always respected about him is how much Kaga likes to experiment. For better or worse, his games are dramatically different from each other.

I mean, hell, how many strategy RPGs existed before FE1? As far as I've been able to gather, there were only a small handful of games that had even a resemblance, and they weren't nearly as big or well-crafted as FE1 (for its time). Kaga and his team pretty much pioneered the genre.

Regardless of the problems one may have with his games, it's undeniable that he didn't deserve to be unpersoned by Nintendo and IntSys the way he was. Though at least he seems happy, in the end. The Vestaria series is like his little kid lol.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, Karajan Saga good. Go buy it so I'll get more Vestarias localized down the line.

1 hour ago, Julizan said:

People here still play / just started Forgotten Land which is epic.

That moment when the Forgotten Land is remembered.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Oh wow, they turned sweet little Hoelun into a monster.

And here I was thinking they might merely increase Ariadne's durability. Guess missing out on the Bow of Aragoth will no longer be much of a concern.

Finally. It is as it should have always been.

24 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

In retrospect it's apparent I've seen Karajan a fair amount of times in fanart. I just always assumed he was Jemma's brother or something.

Karajan is a beautiful man. He is highly lovable and huggable. Karajan Saga: Sacred Bag of Garbage.

Jeez that was a long and uncomfortable few hours just to get home early.

Not doing that again.

Just now, Armagon said:

The last bit actually made me laugh out loud.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Laughs in torrent

🏴‍☠️

4 hours ago, Julizan said:

Huh, really?

I always got hit since the enemies homed me.

I've not faced every part I'm pretty sure, so I'd have to check to be positive about all attacks, but some can be avoided by Kirby flying above/between them.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

A lone girl from the remote planet Mercury transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology, run by the Beneritt Group which dominates the mobile suit industry.

Her name is Suletta Mercury. With a scarlet light burning in her pure heart, this girl walks step by step through a new world.

>From the planet Mercury

>Last name is Mercury

Bro that's like if someone's name was John Earth because they were born on Earth.

5 hours ago, Julizan said:

People here still play / just started Forgotten Land which is epic.

It is a very good game.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And hey, if nothing else, this one lets you save all the time, all you want. I know you prefer that, so... Yeah. Just sayin'. While you were busy cursing his name, Kaga thought of you.

LeaSmug.png

My influence...

33 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

followed them (all 3) but i still go the wrong way lol

Oh RIP lmao.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LeaSmug.png

My influence...

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with Kaga."

"How about side by side with someone that puts infinite saves in his game?"

"Aye. I can do that."

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It is. Though not in the usual sense. Units are not locked behind gacha (SRW being story driven pretty much prevents that). What is gacha are their attacks.

Speaking of attacks, I popped into the 30 BGM selection for a moment. Being able to individually assign tracks for each and every attack is a level of customization that, while not implausible given OGs sorta did that with R-Formation and Twin Bird Strike, is more in depth than I thought it would do. Next thing SRW needs is the ability to upload your own music and assign it as BGMs. Because I'm sure there is some anime fan out there who has a specific anime track in mind for each attack of a certain character, each symbolizing in their head a different aspect of said character's personality, relationships, development, and mech.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>From the planet Mercury

>Last name is Mercury

My thought on seeing that were "girl must be hot!". B/c Mercury is the planet closest to the Sun, ought to be the hottest (checking, Venus actually beats out it because of its infamous atmosphere? Climate change really is going to kill us all). Though having a dark side that never faces the Sun means it is also unimaginably cold on half of it.

Mercury doesn't exactly seem like a planet one could live on, unless this is another case of Gundam "We live in large spaceships near the planet, not on the planet itself" as Acacia explained to me of Jupiter (why not colonize a few of the more habitable moons though?). 

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My thought on seeing that were "girl must be hot!". B/c Mercury is the planet closest to the Sun, ought to be the hottest (checking, Venus actually beats out it because of its infamous atmosphere? Climate change really is going to kill us all).

Plot twist: she's actually from a different planet that's also called Mercury.

I don't know the feasibility of terraforming Mercury, I think it's too close to the sun to make that possible (+no atmosphere as well) so "living in colonies outside of it" is probably more likely.

Terraforming Venus, on the other hand, actually would theoretically be possible. I will once again post Kurzgesagt because they are a really neat educational channel and it's like the only one I've actually subscribed to

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nice new QoL change here:

2aab9820689c3042fd196d1bbff10063.png

e4cd7df18be62d7ac5f5e69335bb749d.png

Able to see what works and how much rather than having to go to the detailed info screen every time.

...honestly kinda fucked it took this long to put that in.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...honestly kinda fucked it took this long to put that in.

The unfortunate part is status effects DON'T do this, so you gotta still go to the detailed information menu every time, unless you manage to remember every weakness of every enemy anyways, then i suppose you wouldn't have to! XD

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The unfortunate part is status effects DON'T do this, so you gotta still go to the detailed information menu every time, unless you manage to remember every weakness of every enemy anyways, then i suppose you wouldn't have to! XD

It's Trails, status effects won't work anyways.