• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

56 Missions done I think it said? The game is forcing me to quit lollygagging for once and mandating I do the Mars mission now. And here I was going to go and do another two Relic battles, what looked like the second Majestic Prince fight, the score Prerequisite battle for Gridman and J Decker, and the DLC second Sakura Wars battle, and a couple other things I don't remember. 

The choice to let SRW go free might have bloated it a little. Despite that, it's enjoyable. I just think that going back to something older and more streamlined might be more appreciated now given an alternative (not to criticize 30 by saying this, just that it is different).

---

Wikipedia says today the 18th of June was Autistic Pride Day. Huh. I'm not feeling much this from realization right now, video games can sometimes dull the other thoughts passions in me. Though I do like the small and tasteful chest window on Jiequan in SRW30. However, "Pride" in this case just means autism in general, not specifically queerness + autism, as the implication of taking place in the middle of LGBTQA+ Pride Month would have it. Seems strange that they wouldn't set it in April then. Wikipedia does say the idea of the day was inspired by the queer concept, so maybe that's the reason?

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, he's very popular. Though I can't really tell you much. Just that he's bound to be more popular in Japan proper than outside.

Japanese social-cultural norms of relatability at play? Or just Japan Is Nuts For Gundam in general?

Thanks BTW.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Depends on where you ask this question - Gundam is more like a medium than a series. He's one of the most popular protagonists overall. I'd say the only one who can consistently beat him is Kamille. See Tiermaker's community tier

😧

When you're so gargantuan that you become expand beyond your niche, your genre, and become the fabric of existence itself. Gundam is the canvas, the paint, the brush, frame in which it is placed, it is the heat and the air that drys the pigments, and the three dimensions of space and one of time wherein it all happens. Do I exaggerate?

Thank you for the info too.😃

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, ping said:

And two years older than Pokémon's Cyrus. Getting closer and closer to FFX's Auron (well, [spoilers] [spoilers] [spoilers]), who is 35.

Cyrus is 27?

Jeez anime is shit at this aging of characters

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/86/75/XUAZ29ku_o.jpg

Inb4 I end up pushing past the Metroid negative bias and play it because of P A T R I O T I S M

I mean, Dread good is all I'll say.

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

And now, a song which Shrimp-kun’s taste wished to be played at the end of its funeral, so that it would never truly be forgotten.

*Wraith puts the tape in the boombox*

That's not the version:

13 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

That's one hell of a buff

Seems justified as the Silken Knight bonuses didn't seem to make up for the lack of Dandelion and late joining.

The scene in Der Langrisser of Vargas seeing his daughter born is pretty touching.

But then the chapter ending drops this.

What.

Edited by Robert Stewart

I was most certainly happy that Silken Knight was so situational that there was never a reason to do that event ever.

One of the reasons it's a lot less irritating then the Plum stuff in TRS. Sure, you don't have to send Plum into slavery. But missing out on the refresher makes the game less interesting.

The Silken Knight is so much easier to ignore.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remember the one game where I'm in as a character?

Yeah that's another reason I'm following it. Every dude has a beard, pretty much.

B. Saga, too, is pretty great in that regard.

30f73251d104a17c4100ace8c0ff7a1a.pngthe-banner-saga-2-character-stoic-studio

Though this one is more clearly Nordic-inspired than Celtic.

Banner saga, the series that has sat still in my steam library for years.

I should probably play that soon.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He said the thing, indeed. But not The Thing, for he mentioned neither rebellions nor seeds.

I have to imagine Garon's rebellion speech to be pretty similar to whatever King George III said to his subjects.

29 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Banner saga, the series that has sat still in my steam library for years.

I should probably play that soon.

Yes. You should.

Mario Kart Wii holds up really well (review):

I have fond memories of Mario Kart Wii and i obviously expected them to hold up but man....they hold up really well. While going back to previous Mario Karts in a post Mario Kart 8 world feels like a downgrade, Mario Kart Wii is actually, for the most part, almost just as good as Mario Kart 8. A good selection of courses, both new and retro, the introduction of bikes (and the lack of customizable parts meant i used bikes more because my boy Bowser Jr was at his best with them), the speed of 150cc feels faster than that of 8's (idk if it's actually faster), tricks have more oomph to them. I also love how aggressive everything in this game is. The warning icons for when a red/blue shell is coming is so incredibly aggressive but the true fear is the Thunder Cloud item, an item more evil than the Blue Shell.

I know it's possible with mods but i wish i didn't have to mod the game to play online with people. Then again, Mario Kart Wii online mode just turns into Funky Kong: The Game, which is worse than Mario Kart 8's meta of Wiggler Bikes and roller wheels and whatever awful-looking combinations people come up with.

8/10

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

49 missions cleared in 30.

I have still not progressed past the 2nd mission, before a lot of shit opens up.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

We need more long haired men in video games.

Allow me to shill Gunvolt

unknown.png?width=321&height=432

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

The problem with the low gravity is easier to solve than the problem with Venus' atmosphere. And Mars rotation is closer to the Earth's

Also Mars being a radioactive wasteland.

I am not denying that Mars is definitely easier to colonize than Venus. I just showed that Venus can also be a viable option.....eventually.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, fun fact I discovered the other day and I'm only just now remembering: Metroid Dread isn't a Japanese game. It's also not a US game. It's Spanish. MercuryStream, the second-party devs in charge of the project, are based in my very own homeland.

We make like 4 games per decade. And one of them just so happens to be one of the most famous, acclaimed and generally gud games of the past year.

Fun fact as well: Samus' voice actress in Dread is a Spanish woman, Nikki Garcia.

Now granted, Samus only has two lines of dialogue in the entire game but still, that's neat.

Edited by Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Japanese social-cultural norms of relatability at play? Or just Japan Is Nuts For Gundam in general?

He's the OG, like Luke Skywalker. If we go by cultural norms, then its probably Kira Yamato.

Okay, finally went to Winterhold. Not much to do at the hold capital itself, so it was a quick path to the College of Winterhold. Gonna do as far as I can there, then do the hold stuff. Though that's for next time.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

This is what I'm talking about. The amount of elegance it adds just makes it so much more fun to look at.

If you like blokes with long hair, you should play Yakuza 0, featuring Majima's ponytail!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have still not progressed past the 2nd mission, before a lot of shit opens up.

I can't help myself.😅 I wake, dress, eat, bathe, sleep, and play SRW30. That's pretty much my life right now, it's the epitome of "gamers have no life". The striking opposite of me when I'm too indecisive, too moody, too lost in thoughts to play anything. So much for a happy medium. 

Before I get too self-loathing for the umpteenth time, just asking- how much DLC did you buy? I know you're interested in the Sakura Wars crew and I thought you spent the extra buck for them. But did you get the Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Edition, or did you buy the base game and then purchase DLC1? The editions come with DLC2 as well, which will fluff things up just a little more. Although a sizable portion of the stuff I've been cutting through isn't the paid DLC, it's the free Extra stuff, some of it was always available to everyone, some was originally for early purchasers only that then became available for all.

I'm mentioning this b/c I ended my last play session recruiting more of the Sakura War characters. They seem good, but then it's rather difficult to be bad or useless in SRW30, the game simply gives you too many tools for that to be the case. I would share a screenshot of the Sakura Wars characters, except the Steam screenshot shortcut isn't working with 30 for me, and my laptop has no Print Screen key. Despite not having a story presence b/c they're DLC, Banpresto was still able to throw Ogami a comment on story happenings once in a while.