• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh my god! Lads! I just realized with this new computer of mine I bet I can finally run that Citrus program you guys keep gushing about!

Ohoho, Garon quest, here I come.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

I mean, Dread good is all I'll say.

No. Not Dread good.

Miedo bueno.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Banner saga, the series that has sat still in my steam library for years.

I should probably play that soon.

I can recommend it, it's pretty damn good. Ludin has the best development I've seen in years.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I have to imagine Garon's rebellion speech to be pretty similar to whatever King George III said to his subjects.

Pffft!

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yes. You should.

Ayyyy my guy! Helpin' me shill B. Saga!

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fun fact as well: Samus' voice actress in Dread is a Spanish woman, Nikki Garcia.

Now granted, Samus only has two lines of dialogue in the entire game but still, that's neat.

Metroido Miedo.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh my god! Lads! I just realized with this new computer of mine I bet I can finally run that Citrus program you guys keep gushing about!

Yes! Yes! Salt!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Ah, not a reminder that the new Mario Strikers is never going to be as good as Charged! Why, Ruben?! 💔

Yeah... Sad, isn't it? I've not bothered to look at the new Strikers much, because just from the old "future updates!" tirade I can tell exactly what it is: The same shit as all the Mario sports games on Switch. A soulless, empty, tiny game that will be forgotten before the first promised update has time to come out. I don't understand why they keep doing it. It's supposed to keep the games relevant for longer, but I don't see anyone keeping any of these bad Mario sports games in their minds for longer than a week each. It doesn't seem like the method works in the slightest - so why do they keep doing it?

...And they took out the random, ill-fitting national leitmotivs for the characters! How terrible is that!? Now everyone has generic music...!

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Before I get too self-loathing for the umpteenth time, just asking- how much DLC did you buy?

I haven't actually bought any of it, I only got the standard edition that was on sale a few months ago.

5 hours ago, Julizan said:

That Azure Gunvolt image reminds me that I started with this series and enjoyed what I have played yet.

Ooh nice. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... Sad, isn't it? I've not bothered to look at the new Strikers much, because just from the old "future updates!" tirade I can tell exactly what it is: The same shit as all the Mario sports games on Switch

You know what's fucked? Mario Party Superstars, the one game that would actually benefit from this dripfeed approach...... isn't getting anything. I mean who knows, maybe in like five years they'll drop DLC like they did for MK8DX but like c'mon bro.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know what's fucked? Mario Party Superstars, the one game that would actually benefit from this dripfeed approach...... isn't getting anything. I mean who knows, maybe in like five years they'll drop DLC like they did for MK8DX but like c'mon bro.

I guess they feel five boards copied from the first three MPs is already far too much effort to put into one of these shitty cash-grab Mario spin-offs.

...It's a really sad thing that I'm more confident in Mario XCOM 2's quality because it's not Nintendo but rather Ubisoft that's developing it. Sure, there's been zero news on it since its announcement and we don't even have a precise release date, but... At the same time, if it were Nintendo in charge of it through one of their second-party studios, they'd already have released it and it would've been another bag of empty promises thrown out for a quick buck.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... Sad, isn't it? I've not bothered to look at the new Strikers much, because just from the old "future updates!" tirade I can tell exactly what it is: The same shit as all the Mario sports games on Switch. A soulless, empty, tiny game that will be forgotten before the first promised update has time to come out. I don't understand why they keep doing it. It's supposed to keep the games relevant for longer, but I don't see anyone keeping any of these bad Mario sports games in their minds for longer than a week each. It doesn't seem like the method works in the slightest - so why do they keep doing it?

...And they took out the random, ill-fitting national leitmotivs for the characters! How terrible is that!? Now everyone has generic music...!

10 Characters is just sad not only for a Switch game, but Charged had 12! Why would you decrease the initial roster!?

This is one of the worst parts of it all. 

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

10 Characters is just sad not only for a Switch game, but Charged had 12! Why would you decrease the initial roster!?

This is one of the worst parts of it all. 

It's worse than that, actually. FAR worse. When you say "characters", you mean "team captains." A decrease of two doesn't sound that bad...

Except, sidekicks have been removed. Just, entirely. Remember in Strikers, how you could pick a lone proper "named" character, and they all had their own special items and the ability to perform mega strikes? And then you got to pick each individual member of your team from a selection of 8 "generics"... Except these generics each had their own unique stats, super moves and even themes? This made the regular characters feel special, like proper team leaders, but the underdogs were still cool and fun to have around.

Yeah, that's not a thing anymore. Now you just put four of the 10 characters into the team and that's that. You can put multiple Toads and Yoshis, for some undiscernible reason, everyone else cannot be repeated. Effectively, this amounts to 10 less playable characters. The cast has straight up been cut in half.

Also, five fields. Charged had ten, and it maintained the seven fields from the original. Four times the fields. No, but they're totally gonna add 12 more fields through dee ell cee. Also also, three modes, each emptier than the last. No challenges, no "road to strikers cup" for the single players.

What a shitshow. Just like every single one of the Switch's Mario spin-offs. When are they going to stop? Are they ever going to stop?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's worse than that, actually. FAR worse. When you say "characters", you mean "team captains." A decrease of two doesn't sound that bad...

Except, sidekicks have been removed. Just, entirely. Remember in Strikers, how you could pick a lone proper "named" character, and they all had their own special items and the ability to perform mega strikes? And then you got to pick each individual member of your team from a selection of 8 "generics"... Except these generics each had their own unique stats, super moves and even themes? This made the regular characters feel special, like proper team leaders, but the underdogs were still cool and fun to have around.

Yeah, that's not a thing anymore. Now you just put four of the 10 characters into the team and that's that. You can put multiple Toads and Yoshis, for some undiscernible reason, everyone else cannot be repeated. Effectively, this amounts to 10 less playable characters. The cast has straight up been cut in half.

Also, five fields. Charged had ten, and it maintained the seven fields from the original. Four times the fields. No, but they're totally gonna add 12 more fields through dee ell cee. Also also, three modes, each emptier than the last. No challenges, no "road to strikers cup" for the single players.

What a shitshow. Just like every single one of the Switch's Mario spin-offs. When are they going to stop? Are they ever going to stop?

I was only counting captains, there haha.  But you're right, even the sidekicks weren't too bad off!

Hmmm, not really sure why, cause there are multiple of them in the Mario world?

I really liked some of the gimmicked fields, like Crystal Canyon for example. Playing with only 2 or 3 characters was an interesting idea to me. Or knocking the opponents team off on Thunder Island.

Mario Baseball next? XD

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I was only counting captains, there haha.  But you're right, even the sidekicks weren't too bad off!

They didn't have mega strikes or personal items, but their special moves made them at times stronger than the captains. Hammer Bro's move was just plain broken! And with their own themes and animations, they didn't feel like bad boring generics, they were just as cool as the captains. The game made generic enemies into badasses! Imagine that!

Hmmm, not really sure why, cause there are multiple of them in the Mario world?

I don't get the decision, honestly. It's like they wanted to recreate the feeling of generic sidekicks, but... Y'know, without actually having generic sidekicks. So they did this incomprehensible, half-assed gimmick of allowing Toad and Yoshi clones for no reason. Thanks, Ninty.

I really liked some of the gimmicked fields, like Crystal Canyon for example. Playing with only 2 or 3 characters was an interesting idea to me. Or knocking the opponents team off on Thunder Island.

They were pretty unbalanced, but fun. And hey, you had plenty of normal stages if you didn't want any gimmicks.

Mario Baseball next? XD

Who cares, honestly. I've long since stopped giving these Switch Mario sports games the time of day. They're not worth it, not a single one of them. Much less for the exorbitant price of 60 bucks. I'd give them 20 at absolute most for these half-baked piles of mediocrity. And even that feels too much.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They didn't have mega strikes or personal items, but their special moves made them at times stronger than the captains. Hammer Bro's move was just plain broken! And with their own themes and animations, they didn't feel like bad boring generics, they were just as cool as the captains. The game made generic enemies into badasses! Imagine that!

I don't get the decision, honestly. It's like they wanted to recreate the feeling of generic sidekicks, but... Y'know, without actually having generic sidekicks. So they did this incomprehensible, half-assed gimmick of allowing Toad and Yoshi clones for no reason. Thanks, Ninty.

They were pretty unbalanced, but fun. And hey, you had plenty of normal stages if you didn't want any gimmicks.

Who cares, honestly. I've long since stopped giving these Switch Mario sports games the time of day. They're not worth it, not a single one of them. Much less for the exorbitant price of 60 bucks. I'd give them 20 at absolute most for these half-baked piles of mediocrity. And even that feels too much.

Do you mean his character skill or charged shot? Or Both? Also, Dry Bones deserves to be on the broken list as well.

Yup, pretty much!

I mean, the game isn't gonna be balanced anyways, so why bother expecting it? Exactly, if you don't like it, you have plenty of other choices.

I sadly feel the same way.

Does anyone know if there is some "dev bias" for Crow?

2b72375a123f676df350f0b7b9131fe1.jpg

Stat wise/skill wise/formation wise, he is stacked like nuts. Honest question here, btw.

Oh and Shrimpy, as you can see, Rean is on the bench in honor of you! ❤️

Do you mean his character skill or charged shot? Or Both?

Charged shot was what I was thinking about, but just in general, the sidekicks are given a surprising amount of attention. It would've been very easy to make them just be there to kick the ball back to the captain, but no, they went the extra mile and made them perfectly capable and special players on their own right.

Also, Dry Bones deserves to be on the broken list as well.

Yeah, Dry Bones is also pretty good. Honestly, I don't think I disliked any of them, they all had their own fun perks.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Charged shot was what I was thinking about, but just in general, the sidekicks are given a surprising amount of attention. It would've been very easy to make them just be there to kick the ball back to the captain, but no, they went the extra mile and made them perfectly capable and special players on their own right.

Yeah, Dry Bones is also pretty good. Honestly, I don't think I disliked any of them, they all had their own fun perks.

tbf, he is slow in a game where speed is very important. XD The sidekicks in some situations are honestly better than the captain (I would say Koopa is better than Yoshi for example) Simply cause his Diek (idk what it's called really, it's where they dodge) and his charged shot are both amazing.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A keyboard with no Print Screen key? Huh...

Also called "all MacBooks".

The Steam shortcut worked fine with Haven, it's just 30 which is having the issue. Perhaps because 30 accepts keyboard controls?

A gaming laptop without Print Screen is fine. Live in the moment, no need to take images that only oneself if anyone will mostly care about.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't understand why they keep doing it.

From what I saw the new Strikers bombed in Japan. Might be the lack of content, or, it might just be that Japan isn't really nationally interested in monochrome hexaball. A few commenters thought it could've been the distinctive (and unusual for Mario) gritty, less family-friendly aesthetic of the game, but I dunno about that.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I haven't actually bought any of it, I only got the standard edition that was on sale a few months ago.

My error.😅

DLC1 has the Sakura Wars crew, $12.49 for it purchased alone. The Season Pass has it with Season 2 included for $25, so no discount, which means it's probably not worth it for you specifically given the contents of DLC2.

The game does include one free teaser mission each for the Season Pass and the Expansion Pack. Nothing more than a few easy turns where you get to control a small handful of the DLC characters (not all of them) with truncated attack lists.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

*Door swings open, a leg comically sways as someone sashays in.

-aa, aaa, Afternoon Three Pints!

Wait, I didn't even drink two, why am I buzzed? Ehem.

Had a fair bit of melancholy yesterday over an outburst I had at the party we threw and the long day I'd had before it, wasn't too enthused else I might have engaged more over the last two days.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A gaming laptop without Print Screen is fine. Live in the moment, no need to take images that only oneself if anyone will mostly care about.

I really need to figure out how I'm gong to use all the Neo TWEWY clips I saved.

Gahahahahahahahahahahaha @Dayni I just noticed the new profile pic.

Makes me happy to see Lichtenheim getting a late tribute. Maybe if you hadn't been late he wouldn't have written that book about being misunderstood.

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Had a fair bit of melancholy yesterday over an outburst I had at the party we threw and the long day I'd had before it, wasn't too enthused else I might have engaged more over the last two days.

Oh, dear... I hope you're feeling better now.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what I saw the new Strikers bombed in Japan. Might be the lack of content, or, it might just be that Japan isn't really nationally interested in monochrome hexaball. A few commenters thought it could've been the distinctive (and unusual for Mario) gritty, less family-friendly aesthetic of the game, but I dunno about that.

Hah! Oh, that's a good one! Imagine thinking the problem with the soulless cash grab is that it isn't soulless enough! I'd like to imagine the Japanese are better than that, and simply disliked the game because it's... y'know, a soulless cash grab.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also called "all MacBooks".

The Steam shortcut worked fine with Haven, it's just 30 which is having the issue. Perhaps because 30 accepts keyboard controls?

When it comes to screenshot taking, Steam disables it for SRW 30 beyond Chapter 1. Likely... spoiler/copyright/whatever reasons? It is as it is.

So unless you do it with a Print Screen keyboard key (or whatever its equivalent in Mac or Linux is), then yeah, no screenshots.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

garon_king_of_nohr_slide03.png

Sigh. Today is Father's Day over here, but one of his coworkers tested positive for COVID and a couple others had flu-like symptoms. He's fine... so far. So yeah, plans have been moved to next Sunday... if things hold up. Aw man...

Edited by Acacia Sgt