• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Good Evening my fellow Teeheers,

There is No need for alarm,

I have been enlighteneD.

Soon I shall overcome feeble flesh and Malleable mind,

Now, I need to go and rEaffirm my loyalty to Anankos.

6 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Oh no, the alcohol is going to my head. Why are the lamps screaming again???

Oh no, that's totally fine.

11 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Hmm... the capitalised letters are G-E-T-T-N-I-D-S-I-M-N-I-E-A...
Get TNID simulator NIEA
Get the new ID simulator NIEA

id Software doesn't really produce simulation games, though - platformers first (Commander Keen!), later first-person shooters. I guess "Hovertank 3D"... sorta kinda works? But saying that calling that game new is a strech is an understatement and then some, so maybe there's a sequel on the way? Or a completely new franchise?

Get the new id Software simulator game - now in early access!

Nice little puzzle, but I generally try to avoid buying games in early access. I don't really want to pay money so that I can function as a beta tester.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright I have a question.

How do you Reconquista as Spain?

In EU4? Doesn't work, I'm afraid. Both buttons to form Spain (diplomatically as Castile or Aragon, and militarily) require that no Muslim country holds any provinces in Iberia to press, so you can only ever finish the Reconquista and then form Spain, no matter who you start as.

I guess you could conquer Granada, then click the Spain button without converting the conquered provinces, re-release Granada as an independent nation and then reconquista (re-re-reconquista?) those provinces again. But I feel like that goes against the spirit of the assignment.

11 minutes ago, ping said:

In EU4? Doesn't work, I'm afraid. Both buttons to form Spain (diplomatically as Castile or Aragon, and militarily) require that no Muslim country holds any provinces in Iberia to press, so you can only ever finish the Reconquista and then form Spain, no matter who you start as.

I guess you could conquer Granada, then click the Spain button without converting the conquered provinces, re-release Granada as an independent nation and then reconquista (re-re-reconquista?) those provinces again. But I feel like that goes against the spirit of the assignment.

Ah yes, sorry I should've phrased that better.

How do you reconquista as castile and then form Spain

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah yes, sorry I should've phrased that better.

...I'm almost impressed with myself for randomly guessing the correct game :lol:

It's been a long while since I've played as Castile, but I'm guessing that "hope that they don't ally the Ottos" is part of any plan. Failing that, you can attack one of Granada's allies and force Granada to annul any ottoliances and, if you want to, give you some money. As long as the peace deal remains below 50%, they won't be able to re-ally the Ottos before the truce if up.

Failing that... *sigh*
If Granada only allies the Ottomans and nobody else, you can try to still declare on them and fully occupy them. If you fully occupy the primary war target (and have no occupied provinces of your own) at any point five years after starting a war, you will get 100% warscore regardless of any secondary participants. But of course, it's likely that you'll find a big stack of angry turks at your doorstep. Even with naval supremacy, the AI tends to get mil access somehow.

All that said, there's always the "no-CB blurple" approach for any European major. As cheesy as it is, declaring an immediate no-CB war on Byzantium in order to vassalise them is a very powerful move to make sure that the Ottoblob doesn't get out of hand. Without the free empire rank they get from conquering Constantinople, they're significantly weaker than otherwise. Still, fighting them for BYZ's cores can be quite difficult even with a strong start such as Castile, so don't be afraid to a) go over force limit and b) temporarily ally some nearby powers (Hungary, Austria), call them in promising them land, and then not give them anything.

39 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

does that mean no more bonk?

I had to find someone who wouldn't try to stop it who I should not strike.

But it has been done.

Spoiler

s-83fcdfbf654d050975350a0d26f7b32f859aa1

It will not be needed.

37 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Great, now even Dayni has lost his mind as well. Curse you Teehee madness, curse you!!!

Awaken, my man!

21 minutes ago, ping said:

Hmm... the capitalised letters are G-E-T-T-N-I-D-S-I-M-N-I-E-A...
Get TNID simulator NIEA
Get the new ID simulator NIEA

id Software doesn't really produce simulation games, though - platformers first (Commander Keen!), later first-person shooters. I guess "Hovertank 3D"... sorta kinda works? But saying that calling that game new is a strech is an understatement and then some, so maybe there's a sequel on the way? Or a completely new franchise?

Get the new id Software simulator game - now in early access!

Nice little puzzle, but I generally try to avoid buying games in early access. I don't really want to pay money so that I can function as a beta tester.

Haha, reading too much into things, what a lark.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

Still, fighting them for BYZ's cores can be quite difficult even with a strong start such as Castile, so don't be afraid to a) go over force limit and b) temporarily ally some nearby powers (Hungary, Austria), call them in promising them land, and then not give them anything.

I would have laughed at this once.

Such obvious gambits will be noticed.

5 minutes ago, ping said:

...I'm almost impressed with myself for randomly guessing the correct game :lol:

Aye, thought I'd finally play the game fully finally, I always kept away from it due to it's complicated nature, abundance of DLCs I can't always afford and moral dubiousness, but yesterday I came to terms with the fact that I'm going to have to colonize my own ancestors at some point and decided to play the base game as Castile.

13 minutes ago, ping said:

It's been a long while since I've played as Castile, but I'm guessing that "hope that they don't ally the Ottos" is part of any plan. Failing that, you can attack one of Granada's allies and force Granada to annul any ottoliances and, if you want to, give you some money. As long as the peace deal remains below 50%, they won't be able to re-ally the Ottos before the truce if up.

Failing that... *sigh*
If Granada only allies the Ottomans and nobody else, you can try to still declare on them and fully occupy them. If you fully occupy the primary war target (and have no occupied provinces of your own) at any point five years after starting a war, you will get 100% warscore regardless of any secondary participants. But of course, it's likely that you'll find a big stack of angry turks at your doorstep. Even with naval supremacy, the AI tends to get mil access somehow.

All that said, there's always the "no-CB blurple" approach for any European major. As cheesy as it is, declaring an immediate no-CB war on Byzantium in order to vassalise them is a very powerful move to make sure that the Ottoblob doesn't get out of hand. Without the free empire rank they get from conquering Constantinople, they're significantly weaker than otherwise. Still, fighting them for BYZ's cores can be quite difficult even with a strong start such as Castile, so don't be afraid to a) go over force limit and b) temporarily ally some nearby powers (Hungary, Austria), call them in promising them land, and then not give them anything.

I was mainly wondering how to get Aragon under my belt and unify with them later but this is great advice as well, thank you.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Oh, so it's time for your character arc?

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

5dfhsqmz7t691.jpg

I just hope this doesn't override the regular Direct. I tend to come out of Directs feeling numb, but sometimes pleasant surprises happen, like last time with Live a Live. And I'm still waiting on Mario XCOM 2 news or, God forbid, a (de)confirmation on The Garon Of Character Designs; not that I think either is likely.

This, on the other hand...

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright I have a question.

How do you Reconquista as Spain?

Es simple: Solo tienes que enviar a los enemigos de Cristo nuestro señor al Infierno donde pertenecen. ¡Por Dios y por Castilla!

Lo siento mucho.

46 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

León better

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

It will not be needed.

But Dayni, what if I start to write in invisible text again?

Expecting pervy things? Too bad! Waluigi time!

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Es simple: Solo tienes que enviar a los enemigos de Cristo nuestro señor al Infierno donde pertenecen. ¡Por Dios y por Castilla!

Lo siento mucho.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

León better

Unfortunately, León was not an option on the map.

I love Pirate Warriors 4 and all, but the loading times of the Switch port are killing me.

That being said, looking for Pandaman on the story mode loading screens is really cute. ...though probably also an indicator that the Switch version is not the only version that struggles with loading times. Clearly you are expected to spend some time looking at them.

Honestly, can't we just not do those 3D main menus? Yeah, they look neat. But they always take a while to load. And once you've seen it a few times, you no doubt just want the menu to be quick and responsive.

Edited by BrightBow

44 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I would have laughed at this once.

Such obvious gambits will be noticed.

Well, the AI will probably break the alliance because this does tank their Trust value, and you can't call anybody in promising land for a pretty long time... but beating the Ottomans before they start rolling is a very big price.

(That said, for a new player, I'd recommend not doing all this and treat the Ottoblob as the final boss instead. They will be incredibly strong, hundreds of thousands of troops, but hey, final boss)

42 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Aye, thought I'd finally play the game fully finally, I always kept away from it due to it's complicated nature, abundance of DLCs I can't always afford and moral dubiousness, but yesterday I came to terms with the fact that I'm going to have to colonize my own ancestors at some point and decided to play the base game as Castile.

I was mainly wondering how to get Aragon under my belt and unify with them later but this is great advice as well, thank you.

Yeahh, EU4 DLC is an expensive joke at this point. Potential new players get greeted with a 400€ price tag and the devs need to account for 65536 different possible DLC combinations.

Re: Forming Spain: Whenever Castile and Aragon have rulers of different gender, there's an event called "The Iberian Wedding", which allows you to take Aragon as a free personal union. Queen regencies count, so even though the event can only happen between 1450 and 1530, it's very likely to happen "naturally". Toss your heir into the Atlantic (as long as you have the necessary DLC... 😐 ), if you get an Isabella of Castille event say "Yes, please", and don't fight Aragon since that would just waste resources conquering stuff you'd get for free anyway.

25 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Unfortunately, León was not an option on the map.

You can actually release them as a vassal and choose to play as them, if you so desire ;): It's a button on your own diplomacy screen (the one you get by right-clicking your own territory), below the list other nations' opinions.

Playing as a subject is a self-imposed challenge though. There's no incentive to be anyone's vassal, unlike in Crusader Kings, so the first step is always to look for anybody to support you in an independence war (which, guess what, is another DLC feature 😞 edit: the "seek support" part). There are a handful of strong and/or interesting tags that start as a vassal / junior part of a personal union, though - Sweden, Norway, Naples, Butua (in SE Africa) come to mind. Not something I'd recommend as a first campaign, though.

Edited by ping

18 minutes ago, ping said:

Yeahh, EU4 DLC is an expensive joke at this point. Potential new players get greeted with a 400€ price tag and the devs need to account for 65536 different possible DLC combinations.

I know there's a little subscription service that I might try for a tiny bit just to see what the DLC is like but I imagine it's best to learn the base game before making it even more complicated than it already is.

20 minutes ago, ping said:

Re: Forming Spain: Whenever Castile and Aragon have rulers of different gender, there's an event called "The Iberian Wedding", which allows you to take Aragon as a free personal union. Queen regencies count, so even though the event can only happen between 1450 and 1530, it's very likely to happen "naturally". Toss your heir into the Atlantic (as long as you have the necessary DLC... 😐 ), if you get an Isabella of Castille event say "Yes, please", and don't fight Aragon since that would just waste resources conquering stuff you'd get for free anyway.

Ah, I see.

Well currently I'm fighting through a Civil War but once that's dealt with I'll have to remove Aragon as my rivals.

23 minutes ago, ping said:

Playing as a subject is a self-imposed challenge though. There's no incentive to be anyone's vassal, unlike in Crusader Kings, so the first step is always to look for anybody to support you in an independence war (which, guess what, is another DLC feature 😞 edit: the "seek support" part). There are a handful of strong and/or interesting tags that start as a vassal / junior part of a personal union, though - Sweden, Norway, Naples, Butua (in SE Africa) come to mind. Not something I'd recommend as a first campaign, though.

It's challenge runs like this that sound like the most fun to me, and what's motivating me to play in the first place, but first I have to learn how the game works.

Well, the acting thing was fun. I’m glad I’m doing it. But now I’m home again, which means I’m back to being bored…

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...But... It's a Xenoblade event...

You should see the Indie Showcases.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, so it's time for your character arc?

Arc?

I can only RISE from here! What part of the arc can I fall in?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But Dayni, what if I start to write in invisible text again?

IRRELEVANT!

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Expecting pervy things? Too bad! Waluigi time!

I see all text, it hides NAUGHT from me!

I prefer Asturias, personally. Nice calm bright blue map colour. León's purple is a bit garish, I find.