Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Marie Route of "The World of Otome Game is Tough for Mobs". 

OG is generic harem isekai stuff and nothing about the MC being a mob.

Marie Route/Spin-off however makes the isekai'd person truely a mob

…what does mob mean here?

32 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

tfw you have a certification exam after tomorrow but my mind and body are like 
"i really wanna go to a concert right now"

I can't fucking sit still for some reason XD

Well, I hope your certification exam goes well.

I know the feeling of not being able to sit still, but idk how to deal with it. I just went to bed at 2 and woke up 5 hours later even though I didn’t need to be awake for 4 more hours.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…what does mob mean here?

Background character. Imagine NPCs.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I hope your certification exam goes well.

ty ty!

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know the feeling of not being able to sit still, but idk how to deal with it.

i think i ate too many cherries

Maybe

dunno lol

Or i am just bored from studying the last few days i thought i was done with that when i got my degree and just want to play Kirby and go get 3Hopes already

10 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

A problem? WHy, I'vE no earthLy IdEa what that meanS.

HE LIES?

4 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Well, In ThiS vIdeo, yoU know wHat thAt's imPlying-

ITS I UH AP

...yeah this second one may have stumped me. Tried anagram and rot13 just in case there was something extra added

ELiwOod Wasn't rEady

Then again I'm neveR ready for SaCAe

GueSs I'm nEver talking Fences or LandscapIng in Spanish

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ITS I UH AP

...yeah this second one may have stumped me. Tried anagram and rot13 just in case there was something extra added

You're that worried?

Mario Kart 7 review:

Going back to Mario kart 7 after Mario Kart 8 just makes Mario Kart 7 seem like a worse version of Mario Kart 8 but at the same time, Mario Kart 7 drove so that Mario Kart 8 boosted. This is probably among the worst sentences i've ever typed but these reviews have always been me just saying what came to mind.

As far as the game itself goes, it's a bit hard to say. The customizable karts and gliding and diving section breath new life into the series, not that it was stagnating at the point in time. The courses are pretty good and the new sections allow courses to be designed in ways they couldn't be before and i really like how this game pulls from multiple games to make their courses out of. You got a Donkey Kong Country track, a Mario Galaxy track, even Wii Sports Resort gets represented. The game's online is surprisingly active in present day, though starting VR means i'm getting put in lobbies with newbies. I also like that the character unlockables are all unlocked through 150cc because if there's something i've come to realize as i've been playing through these games, it's that 50 and 100cc is unbearable for me and i'm glad i'm not forced to go through them this time if i want all the characters.

8/10

20 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Do you have that track that plays at the end of Elysium-4?

You talking about this one? Or?

I beat the Woodfall Temple in Majora's Mask.

I honest to God don't remember it being that short. 

12 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Nope, by Elysium i mrant desert 4 not ice 4 xD

Ahh

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kirby SRPG when? Kirby JRPG would work too.

Isn't there a philosophy in the Kirby series where they take different genres and simplify them so that they're accessible to new players while also being complex enough that an experienced player can master it?

They've done it with cart racers, platformers and puzzle games, now all Kirby needs to tap is FPS games and JRPGs.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A giant robot piloted by four chatty chunni old men, one of whom is always asleep. They might be Mexican b/c the setting they're from seems Wild West-themed, but is that Hispanophone enough for you? Sorry the facial hair is no more than the one guy's goatee.

Seems like the Eldora is on the weaker side, but then you're a Derrick fan. And nothing can't be made good with enough investment in SRW.

All those times I put up videos of El Dorado V, and it's this that gets attention.

Fun fact, the director of GunxSword was one of the directors of King of Braves GaoGaiGar. El Dorado V, which is already a reference to Super Robot shows, is also meant to be a reference to GaoGaiGar. In fact, for GunxSword's debut in SRW K, El Dorado V had a fully original attack in its arsenal, called "El Infierno y Cielo". As in, pretty much just Spanish for "The Hell and Heaven", which is one of GaoGaiGar's iconic attacks (just with the terms switched since it's Heaven & Hell for GGG, and Hell and Heaven for El Dora). Unfortunately, El Infierno y Cielo never made a comeback, despite how both T and 30 had both it and GGG together in the same game. Would've been a good chance for a cross-series combination attack with double the Heaven & Hell.

As another side point, it's amusing that in SRW 30 the El Dora team are the old veterans to the very characters they were created from as homage. If you saw the dialogue of the stage that El Dora debuts, it's implied if not outright stated that Combattler V's Chizuru was named after El Dora's Chizuru, since the former's grandfather Dr. Nambara was friends with the team. In real life, it was the other way around, with El Dora's Chizuru named after Combattler V's.

Though certainly they seem that way, in the original GunxSword there's really no specific nationality they have other than Hispanic-inspired. Since GunxSword doesn't even take place on Earth. Due to necessity, SRW changes that to take place in the Solar System, but yeah, pretty much. So here they could really be Latin American Hispanics, or descent from anyway.

As a last note... they certainly embody how hot-bloodness ain't just a thing of the youth. XD Wraith could learn a lesson or two from them. Except maybe Carlos. lol

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Did they... Did they simultaneously scream AMIGO before whacking that serpent...?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ONE OF THEM IS CALLED BARRIO! BARRIO! HE'S LITERALLY CALLED "NEIGHBORHOOD"! I LOVE YOU JAPAN, AND I HATE YOU!

Oh my God, Jose, Carlos and FUCKING BARRIO. Nero stands out like a sore thumb, having a properly anime name among his ridiculous peers...

Yeah, you were right, this is the most amazing thing I've seen all day.

That just makes them better. They're the meme of the team.

...I just can't get over that. Barrio. They called him Barrio. Putos Japoneses...

Hahaha, that's true. It's like... why Barrio? XD At least Nero is still a person's name, even if it's more Latin than Spanish proper.

Though Interdimensional left it out, their late fifth member (whose image shows in the video if you saw it) was basically a Japanese girl. So not full team of five of Hispanics, but close enough.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Holy shit, Reverie made a godly change:

Chrono Burst can no longer be used consecutively! This means no more infinite loops! 

They really can learn!

Boooooooo

The best part of cold steel was clowning on enemies with busted mechanics

Next thing you know they'll stop Fie from having 100% evade and go back to not letting her counter at range like in CS1 😔

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Isn't there a philosophy in the Kirby series where they take different genres and simplify them so that they're accessible to new players while also being complex enough that an experienced player can master it?

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it. It does make a good Kirby RPG more difficult, since RPGs -minus the action kind- tend to be an inherently more complicated genre. Make it too simple and too easy and you'll lose the hardcore fans of the genre, too difficult would be anti-Kirby as well. Difficulty options would be mandatory at a minimum. Many RPG players also like a heavier story, too little could be a negative, too much would be odd for a Kirby game, which are never ever heavy on text and plot junk. A serious official Kirby RPG would be very tricky to assemble. I think it's better left to fans to tackle.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

El Dorado V

So "Eldora" is a corruption of the name of the mythical New World city of gold, continuing the theme. Thank you b/c I wouldn't have picked up on that otherwise.

Fun fact, the director of GunxSword was one of the directors of King of Braves GaoGaiGar. El Dorado V, which is already a reference to Super Robot shows, is also meant to be a reference to GaoGaiGar.

No wonder the Eldora fits in so well. It relishes in the very thing SRW embodies.

In fact, for GunxSword's debut in SRW K, El Dorado V had a fully original attack in its arsenal, called "El Infierno y Cielo". As in, pretty much just Spanish for "The Hell and Heaven", which is one of GaoGaiGar's iconic attacks (just with the terms switched since it's Heaven & Hell for GGG, and Hell and Heaven for El Dora).

For the underlined, I thought it was Hell & Heaven for GGG? Or at least for the GaoGaiGo.

To speak of GGG for a moment, the Jupiter battle was sorta dramatically cool narratively. I liked it. It's not going to incline me to actually watch anime right away, but I would've reached for the popcorn if I had it.🍿

Also, I can totally hear Haken in Guy. I'm sure I was listening once to All Correct's Moon Dweller rendition and saw someone mention the shared VA. Guy automatically earned my favor for this connection.

As another side point, it's amusing that in SRW 30 the El Dora team are the old veterans to the very characters they were created for as homage. If you saw the dialogue of the stage that El Dora debuts, it's implied if not outright stated that Combattler V's Chizuru was named after El Dora's Chizuru, since the former's grandfather Dr. Nambara was friends with the team. In real life, it was the other way around, with El Dora's Chizuru named after Combattler V's.

I read the conversation, though I obviously had no clue of this stuff. Cleverly nuanced is the writing.

I also fielded Voltes V b/c I had the room for it and Combattler V was forced, so it seemed a thematic fit. Must've trigger a little bit of bonus chatter where the old dudes think they're so drunk they're hallucinating a second ComV.

Though certainly they seem that way, in the original GunxSword there's really no specific nationality they have other than Hispanic-inspired. Since GunxSword doesn't even take place on Earth. Due to necessity, SRW changes that to take place in the Solar System, but yeah, pretty much. So here they could really be Latin American Hispanics, or descent from anyway.

I had realized this was the case, the art of masterfully interweaving disparate narratives.

I've seen some longtime SRW fans critique VXT30 as a decline from the Z era, and perhaps there are some grounds to what they say (I'm not going to bore you with the criticisms I'm sure you've heard before). What has certainly not faded however, is the quality of the Super Robot Writing™️. It is a palpably more complicated with many more storylines intermixed than the OGs I'm used to, yet the splendid soul endures.

I recall flipping through Akurasu's various flowcharts, I was looking at 4's and saw the route split option labeled "Attack the Guest-Posaydal alliance". Which left me wondering at the time "who would Zovorg side with?" -not realizing the possibility of other aliens as I have realized now. Actually sounds like it would benefit the development of Guest.

Judging from Van, the initial impression I got of GunxSword was "serious, cold, gritty Wild West revenge story in the medium of Japanese mecha animation". And then the Eldora crew showed up, add in the villainess with the super-suggestive attack (a shame that they didn't give Irm a conversation with her), and I realized that GunxSword is still anime. Quite the contrast between the lead and his supporting crew.

As a last note... they certainly embody how hot-bloodness ain't just a thing of the youth. XD

They are what Ryusei will be like in 45 years.😄

They should've slipped Ryusei a line here. The banter of "Combining is awesome! How could you disable the separation mechanism?" should've also warranted a quip from the pilot of the OG merged masterpiece (that is also something of a trainwreck, which that very conversation acknowledged is because stable mech-fusion is always a challenge).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So "Eldora" is a corruption of the name of the mythical New World city of gold, continuing the theme. Thank you b/c I wouldn't have picked up on that otherwise.

Okay, checking over, El Dorado V is the team, El Dora V is the mech.

No wonder the Eldora fits in so well. It relishes in the very thing SRW embodies.

Indeed!

So that's the unusually cross-licenses combination attack between GaoGaiGar and the Eldora that some comments on the above vid I posted mentioned?

Yep. All thanks to that SRW-only attack/reference they got in SRW K.

For the underlined, I thought it was Hell & Heaven for GGG? Or at least for the GaoGaiGo.

To speak of GGG for a moment, the Jupiter battle was sorta dramatically cool narratively. I liked it. It's not going to incline me to actually watch anime right away, but I would've reached for the popcorn if I had it.🍿

Also, I can totally hear Haken in Guy. I'm sure I was listening once to All Correct's Moon Dweller rendition and saw someone mention the shared VA. Guy automatically earned my favor for this connection.

I checked... and yeah, I was mixing it up. It's also Hell & Heaven for GGG.

Well, just remember you are watching Betterman vs GaiGaoGar stuff, not GGG itself. Though fun story, Betterman vs GaiGaoGar in SRW 30 is basically the first time it shows in such a visual medium, since the original is a literature work. Though looking up it seems there's an official webcomic adaptation created before SRW 30.

Speaking of same VA's, don't know if you've noticed yet, but Edge and Bullet have the same VA. Tomokazu Sugita. Bullet was his first ever SRW role, all the way back in Alpha. Also his first video game role. So you have Sugita's first and current-last (well, it's only the second actually) SRW characters in the same game. Fun fact.

I read the conversation, though I obviously had no clue of this stuff. Cleverly nuanced is the writing.

I also fielded Voltes V b/c I had the room for it and Combattler V was forced, so it seemed a thematic fit. Must've trigger a little bit of bonus chatter where the old dudes think they're so drunk they're hallucinating a second ComV.

Yep. That's SRW being SRW and able to interweave all the settings together, and capable of giving nods to the real life happenings too.

Ah yes, that was funny. To see both Super Electromagnetic Bros. not treated as "siblings", since it's rare that both show up in SRW but without being intertwined. Though of course, 30 pulls it off by having one be interdimensional DLC. L did the same, but without the DLC angle, since its plot involved two different dimensions/worlds to begin with.

I had realized this was the case, the art of masterfully interweaving disparate narratives.

I've seen some longtime SRW fans critique VXT30 as a decline from the Z era, and perhaps there are some grounds to what they say (I'm not going to bore you with the criticisms I'm sure you've heard before). What has certainly not faded however, is the quality of the Super Robot Writing™️. It is a palpably more complicated with many more storylines intermixed than the OGs I'm used to, yet the splendid soul endures.

I recall flipping through Akurasu's various flowcharts, I was looking at 4's and saw the route split option labeled "Attack the Guest-Posaydal alliance". Which left me wondering at the time "who would Zovorg side with?" -not realizing the possibility of other aliens as I have realized now. Actually sounds like it would benefit the development of Guest.

Judging from Van, the initial impression I got of GunxSword was "serious, cold, gritty Wild West revenge story in the medium of Japanese mecha animation". And then the Eldora crew showed up, add in the villainess with the super-suggestive attack (a shame that they didn't give Irm a conversation with her), and I realized that GunxSword is still anime. Quite the contrast between the lead and his supporting crew.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of those criticisms. Or perhaps just not remember them.

Yep, for the finale of Classicverse, as it happened in both 4 and F/FF, the Zuvorg and Poseydal were in an alliance. There was certainly a "Is Earth worthy to allow into the Galactic Stage or they're too dangerous and they must be contained/wiped-out?" theme for the end of Classicverse (with Good/Bad endings being determined on, yes, Earth must be brought in / destroyed). If I recall, in 4, this is also part of the reason one of the Zuvorg agents brought the Zambot 3 aliens, the Guyzock, to Earth and let them do their thing.

They are what Ryusei will be like in 45 years.😄

They should've slipped Ryusei a line here. The banter of "Combining is awesome! How could you disable the separation mechanism?" should've also warranted a quip from the pilot of the OG merged masterpiece (that is also something of a trainwreck, which that very conversation acknowledged is because stable mech-fusion is always a challenge).

Indeed. A bit of missed potential there, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

All those times I put up videos of El Dorado V, and it's this that gets attention.

To be fair, Observer did outright say "hey Ruben look, you gonna like this" and then offered a detailrd explanation of why I would. "Four chuuni old men" is what got me to click haha.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though Interdimensional left it out, their late fifth member (whose image shows in the video if you saw it) was basically a Japanese girl. So not full team of five of Hispanics, but close enough.

I did wonder what was up with the random anime girl.

...Wait, so you're telling me this group featured one anime teen and four old men, and instead of all four old men getting massacred for the anime teen's character development, it was the anime teen that died.

...you know what, SRW?

perhaps_i_treated_you_too_harshly.jpg

3 hours ago, Julizan said:

Kirby x Fire Emblem would be realizable...

e25vk68.png?1

...if I was able to make sprites.

And doing portaits would keep my busy for the next months.

Hey, if you use a lot of imagination, those could look like Kirby characters!

Woke up with brown spots on the pillows thought it was something serious but it seems it's just dried saliva/sweat. Ok. 

Would've been much worse if it was black or dark red.

41 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Kirby has fishing minigame

Best way to grind coins for the gacha.

9 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Boooooooo

The best part of cold steel was clowning on enemies with busted mechanics

Next thing you know they'll stop Fie from having 100% evade and go back to not letting her counter at range like in CS1 😔

say what.

Edit: 

6d4a633b99220c7aaf467d5de47326d0.png

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Woke up with brown spots on the pillows thought it was something serious but it seems it's just dried saliva/sweat. Ok. 

Would've been much worse if it was black or dark red.

Glad to hear it wasn't anything to worry about!

Edited by lightcosmo

Anyways Xenoblade 3 Direct today, it is about 20 minutes which is about 5 minutes longer than the Xenoblade 2 direct for reference.

On Monday, the boss changed the schedule so that I get the afternoon shift today, didn't even ask for a reason. Based.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did wonder what was up with the random anime girl.

...Wait, so you're telling me this group featured one anime teen and four old men, and instead of all four old men getting massacred for the anime teen's character development, it was the anime teen that died.

...you know what, SRW?

Ah, no. They were all the same age. It's just that, well, they're old, and so the girl was the first to kick the bucket. Between that and Carlos now spending like 95% of the time asleep, is what got them into a bit of a slump during the anime, before they get the drive to pilot the mech again.

Edited by Acacia Sgt