• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Speaking of same VA's, don't know if you've noticed yet, but Edge and Bullet have the same VA. Tomokazu Sugita. Bullet was his first ever SRW role, all the way back in Alpha. Also his first video game role. So you have Sugita's first and current-last (well, it's only the second actually) SRW characters in the same game. Fun fact.

I didn't pick on this, as I don't really pay attention to the VA names in the profile pages. And I don't think the Bullet Ace status chat alluded to it either (I did screenshot Kusuha's for the ingredient list). I'll need to listen more carefully next time, the man must have a measure of range in his voice acting.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep, for the finale of Classicverse, as it happened in both 4 and F/FF, the Zuvorg and Poseydal were in an alliance. There was certainly a "Is Earth worthy to allow into the Galactic Stage or they're too dangerous and they must be contained/wiped-out?" theme for the end of Classicverse (with Good/Bad endings being determined on, yes, Earth must be brought in / destroyed). If I recall, in 4, this is also part of the reason one of the Zuvorg agents brought the Zambot 3 aliens, the Guyzock, to Earth and let them do their thing.

Isn't 4-F/FF's ending determined by the turn count? Shouldn't more efficient massacring of hostile forces be grounds for annihilation? Not the other way around?😛

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't wait to see Reiji and Xiamou show up to help Ouroboros in the final shot of the trailer.

It would be the first time they've gone 3D. That'll be bizarre whenever it finally, if ever, happens. I associate them too much with excellent spritework (and expect Xiaomu to 4th wall break on this point).

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't 4-F/FF's ending determined by the turn count? Shouldn't more efficient massacring of hostile forces be grounds for annihilation? Not the other way around?😛

Well, partly that, but another factor is getting a prompt of

Spoiler

Fighting Shu or not. Fighting him leads to the bad ending.

No condition exists for F/FF. The only Bad Ending there is the EVA Ending, replicating the events of the anime's Episode 24, which means it's a non-OG as the final boss with Kaworu Nagisa. But then, FF is all about non-OGs being final bosses. Though Shapiro and Scirocco are piloting Valsion Kai's, so it's half-examples there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Best way to grind coins for the gacha.

Yh...

Kinda annoying Gacha might be needed for 100% lol.

May be the only reason i won't 100% kek.

I don't shill Return of the Obra Dinn in general nearly enough, but I don't think I've ever shilled the voice acting in particular. The voice acting in this game is perfect. No better word to describe it than perfect. Not because the actors are particularly good at screaming or sounding emotional, but because of the immense care that was put into casting folks of matching nationality and researching each foreign language. There are no terrible English transliterations or Americans making bad Russian accents. All dialogue in the game is natural and accurate... And recognizable, for the knowledgable player. Voice acting in Obra Dinn is so well done that it's not a mere indulgence, it's another clue within the giant puzzle that the entire game is.

I really do not shill this game enough. I almost never use the word "art" when referring to any specific videogame, not even the likes of Omori or Berwick Saga, but I think I might, with this one. No other videogame that I know of so masterfully weaves story and gameplay into such a perfectly cohesive package, such an excellent usage of the medium's strengths to tell a story that works because it's a videogame, not in spite of that. This, I believe I've already said, but it begs repeating. This game is without compare.

...And the music is very good.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, no. They were all the same age. It's just that, well, they're old, and so the girl was the first to kick the bucket. Between that and Carlos now spending like 95% of the time asleep, is what got them into a bit of a slump during the anime, before they get the drive to pilot the mech again.

Ah, that makes sense.

This is ridiculous.

Also I love Carlos just snoozing away in the back the entire fight.

Screenshot_20220622-104006.jpg?width=959

Screenshot_20220622-104030.jpg?width=959

These two are just Xenoblade X characters that got lost.

Gray is literally just Elma's class, i just now noticed!

Screenshot_20220622-104138.jpg?width=959

That's just KOS-MOS

Screenshot_20220622-104254.jpg?width=959

Oh yeah this is actually just the best game ever.

20220622_103610.jpg?width=432&height=432

.....ok so the last time, they put Auresco's big tower thingies in the promotional artwork for Xenoblade 2's expansion pass so uh yeah, this is definitely a hint of what the DLC story would be.

I can't believe we're getting another Xenoblade game next year. "Released by Dec 31 2023", that's definitely a placeholder date.

And now for some thoughts on the trailer, it actually wasn't that spoilery thankfully. But these contain my own thoughts on the plot and whatnot so i'll be tagging it just in case

Spoiler

This villain group gives me heavy Xenosaga Testament vibes. Even the way they're introduced is pulled straight from Xenosaga iirc. Although unlike the Testaments, the "Infinites" as i'm going to call them are more uniform in color. One of them even has that crow mask that the Testaments have.

But unlike the Testaments, the Infinites seem to be directly involved in the affairs of the world rather than pulling from the shadows, at least to an extent. Their leader saying "let us see how far the flow brings them this time" may imply a timeloop of sorts.

Also it's fucked up that everyone's just grown in a lab and shipped out to war. Would explain why long-lived races have aged with normal humans.

I think that Sena death flag is a misdirection because imma be honest, with the way everything is presented, either all six live or none of them do. From a gameplay standpoint, losing Sena just means one two less Ouroboros and no way in hell are they gonna gut their main mechanic. From a story perspective, either they all go out or none of them do, only some of them making it just does not feel like the path the story would take. If any of them are dying, it's at the very end when there's no more game. Hero members are a different story tho, i can expect one or two to kick the bucket.

Vandham calls Swordmarch "our city" but that could just be a separate sentence. Going to a giant tower that holds a city, now where have we seen that before tho?

In gameplay stuff, i fucking love that enemies can fight each other. Not just the soldiers but wildlife too. This world already felt alive and this just adds to that. Also they brought back the Follow Ball from Xenoblade X. I am also convinced that the world is seamless, like no doubt.

Screenshot_20220622-111715.jpg?width=959

They really didn't talk about this huh.

>Erythia Sea

Ya ain't slick Monolith Soft.

Anyways this looks like the best game every, it's so close yet so far.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and expect Xiaomu to 4th wall break on this point).

Xiaomu be like "i prefered it when i was a 2D girl"

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The gameplay looks so damn fun

Feels like a culmination of everything they've learned.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Yh...

Kinda annoying Gacha might be needed for 100% lol.

May be the only reason i won't 100% kek.

Gacha isn't that bad honestly, it's rigged to give you what you're missing more often.

Back on the topic of El Dora. A little bonus: The team in their youth.

You can really tell they were following the Five-Man Team standard of Super Robot teams. XD

And with that, I'm off to work...

Oh, I missed this.

...And I will continue missing it, because you took this image from a fandom wikia, and as we know, they don't like it when their images are linked. In other words, I can't see anything. Wait I get it, it's a genius way to convey the fact that, as old men in anime, they were born old.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Gacha isn't that bad honestly, it's rigged to give you what you're missing more often.

Ahh, there we go, one of the lines every fan of every gacha ever has ever said. Second only to "you can play without paying just fine."

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, there we go, one of the lines every fan of every gacha ever has ever said. Second only to "you can play without paying just fine."

this isn't monetized gacha, but only in game currency 

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ya ain't slick Monolith Soft.

Not the only Area they sneaked in there.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A small price to pay for Kirby.

I wonder if i should play XC1 day 1 or wait for updates because XC2 got quite a few updates 🤔...

Who am i kidding, i can barely resist lmao

Seriously tho, this year has the potential to a be a Goat gaming year

Edited by Shrimpolaris

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

this isn't monetized gacha, but only in game currency 

That makes it okay, then. Forgive me for speaking without knowing.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A small price to pay for Kirby.

...REALLY without knowing, because I thought you guys were still talking about Xenoblade lololololololololol I almost made a snide comment like "I guess Monolith has to compensate for its not-evil working conditions somehow", boy now that would've been embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I wonder if i should play XC1 day 1 or wait for updates because XC2 got quite a few updates 🤔...

Who am i kidding, i can barely resist lmao

Seriously tho, this year has the potential to a be a Goat gaming year

Play XS EP III at least! Xd

20220622_112753.jpg

That's just Crescens.

20220622_112833-1.jpg

THAT'S LITERALLY JUST GRAHF 

TAKAHASHIIIIIII

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

XC3 looks more promising by the second!

Everything looks so good.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

wonder if i should play XC1 day 1 or wait for updates because XC2 got quite a few updates 🤔

I think you meant XC3 there haha.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I still never beat XC1

I...should probably do that since I am interested in 3

Proud.jpg

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I think you meant XC3 there haha

yh lol

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Play XS EP III at least! Xd

This year it will be impossible with the amount of games on current backlog + releasing soon XD

17 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

You're that worried?

It seems you too have become an awakened one...

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've seen some longtime SRW fans critique VXT30 as a decline from the Z era, and perhaps there are some grounds to what they say (I'm not going to bore you with the criticisms I'm sure you've heard before). What has certainly not faded however, is the quality of the Super Robot Writing™️. It is a palpably more complicated with many more storylines intermixed than the OGs I'm used to, yet the splendid soul endures.

SRW Z2 is about Gundam 00, of course it is the best written