Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Removing positive status breaks alot of fights cores imo. (Enemy uses Crescent Mirror, oh nvm s craft says no to that)

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I got the Grapple Beam, but I still can't figure out where I go next. I've spent like an hour or more searching in vain, picking up almost 30 missiles in the process, and two useless Power Bomb expansions.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, it's not like Shu is the most talkative guy when it comes to his agenda. Otherwise why would the final fight of 3 even happen (outside of course being forced to not blab about the whole Volkruss thing). Shu's team in EX mostly consisted of people who were enemies to the heroes (the Titans trio of Jerid, Kakricon, and Layla, the Aura Battler Black Knight Barn Bannings, etc.), whose word wouldn't be too trusted. Only the GoShogun Team and Quattro (and he is likely still a bit of a maybe) were people the heroes would hear out... and even so, 4 goes on to reveal he had dealings with the Zuvorgs, so it's once again him being all shady like and stuff. Hence the option to still pick up a fight with him after finishing off Zezenab... which makes Mekiboz decide Earthlings are truly a lost cause.

And to think he made the ultimate sacrifice for the Earthling cause. I don't blame him.

Thank you for the context!😀 It's too easy to be nice to Shu when you're the all-knowing player.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Then they have shit s crafts like notrighteouswitness from Kurt, which did nothing till Reverie.

Yeah sometimes it be like that.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Removing positive status breaks alot of fights cores imo. (Enemy uses Crescent Mirror, oh nvm s craft says no to that)

Well ideally you don't want the enemy to power up in the first place.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I got the Grapple Beam, but I still can't figure out where I go next. I've spent like an hour or more searching in vain, picking up almost 30 missiles in the process, and two useless Power Bomb expansions.

Spoiler in case you wanna figure it out yourself.

Spoiler

North of Dairon. In fact, follow the same general path you took after getting the Speed Booster only this time you'll be able to move the Grapple Beam block to the north. It's by the area with the transport and the save station immediately next to it on the map (I'm assuming you've activated Dairon's map).

....the Gordon Races are not as cringe as I remember them being. Of course, this is the 3DS remake so it's probably fixed.

Anyways Gilded Sword is mine and now it is time to rewind time as I need Epona to access the Great Bay but Romani's currently a vegetable because I didn't save her during the Night of the First Day and getting the Gilded Sword takes up all three.

Another Meido GF

https://i.redd.it/r1f143epv6791.jpg

Time to return

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what, I'm not going to explain. You perform some detective work to figure out the context.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

So you do like anime tiddies after all.

Ruben embraced degeneracy confirmed

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

No I mean in the map you showed, Turkey just straight up doesn't exist anymore, it was completely squashed by Greece.

As in the time of Troy

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll take a guess and assume the next SRW will properly adapt IBO. SRW30 makes Victory and Narrative the primary Gundam storylines of the week. Though Amuro, Kamille, Fa, and Quattro (alias newly taken) show up as well, legendary veterans from an earlier time of conflict in this world. For as disorganized as you're saying IBO turned out, perhaps -I don't know enough of SRW to say- perhaps it could give IBO a smoother final outcome.

IBO was a big flop, so I doubt it. They still haven't adapted AGE, which needs a revamp even more

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Spoiler in case you wanna figure it out yourself.

Thank you!

You know, I probably passed by that way a half-dozen times, but one can fail to notice the simple things. -And not try zooming in the map enough to check for the little block icons.😅

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but Romani's currently a vegetable because I didn't save her during the Night of the First Day

One of the reasons I keep distance between myself and Majora's Mask. Thinking about her fate every cycle you don't help her is... too much existential overthinking of a fictional person's unending suffering with guilt for not stopping it for any emoji to encapsulate. That and it's aliens, which is bizarre and sorta creepy, how did aliens show up in Termina? The titular cursed mask doesn't seem like it'd be the culprit.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways Gilded Sword is mine and now it is time to rewind time as I need Epona to access the Great Bay

Does the glitch known as "bomb jumping" work in the 3DS version?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The down peninsula.

Well, Baja California, but sometimes just called Baja.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And to think he made the ultimate sacrifice for the Earthling cause. I don't blame him.

Thank you for the context!😀 It's too easy to be nice to Shu when you're the all-knowing player.

Since SRW 4 has the Titans proper form (before then the characters being DC members)... yeah, gives fuel to Mekiboz start double-thinking.

---

Adding to IBO in mainline SRW... maybe. But for now it will remain only in DD and 30 DLC. So if next SRW game is announced this year... likely not. Once DD finishes the IBO storyline, then we'll see.

24 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

IBO was a big flop, so I doubt it. They still haven't adapted AGE, which needs a revamp even more

Oh, they did, in SRW BX. Though just the third generation.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, had the time to do a little bit more of Skyrim. Did Winterhold stuff east of the White river and... why is that portion of land part of Winterhold. You'd think the river itself would be the border... then again, Windhelm itself is in the same side as Winterhold. Beats me how they decided the hold borders in that area...

Also started Boethiah's quest. Well, I can always just use one of the mercenary hirelings for that, hahaha... but that's for next time.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thinking about her fate every cycle you don't help her is... too much existential overthinking of a fictional person's unending suffering with guilt for not stopping it for any emoji to encapsulate

It's ok, I make sure to save everyone during the last cycle. 

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That and it's aliens, which is bizarre and sorta creepy, how did aliens show up in Termina? The titular cursed mask doesn't seem like it'd be the culprit.

I really like that there's just aliens that randomly show up. No explanation, they are simply there. Reminds me of another certain game that put in aliens without any explanation out of nowhere.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does the glitch known as "bomb jumping" work in the 3DS version?

No clue but I actually have not gotten any bombs at all. I've been using the Blast Mask the whole time, it was actually the first Mask I got when I was set free.

Shit does insane damage for free, Odolwa and a few mini bosses went down pretty quickly thanks to it.

Now imagine FE having actual aliens as the antagonists...

Spoiler

Technically, or perhaps not, they wouldn't be new to FE.

Sothis is an alien, basically.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

So you do like anime tiddies after all.

No, it's not anime.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Ruben embraced degeneracy confirmed

Damnit, it wasn't even made in Japan, how could it possibly be anime?

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now imagine FE having actual aliens as the antagonists...

Reveal hidden contents

Technically, or perhaps not, they wouldn't be new to FE.

Sothis is an alien, basically.

Leak plottwist:

Spoiler

Toothpaste-chan is an alien and others of her kind are the antagonists.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah sometimes it be like that.

Well ideally you don't want the enemy to power up in the first place.

Dumb gameplay decisions like that are what hurt the game so much, and it's clear the can learn from their mistakes, so no excuses.

It's almost unavoidable when up against enemies with 130+ Spd when you have 80-90 average.

No, it's not anime.

Stop running from the truth Ruben.

Damnit, it wasn't even made in Japan, how could it possibly be anime?

It's the vibes.

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dumb gameplay decisions like that are what hurt the game so much, and it's clear the can learn from their mistakes, so no excuses.

I mean.....some skills being better than others is like game design 101. Not everyone's supers are going to be equally matched.

57 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's almost unavoidable when up against enemies with 130+ Spd when you have 80-90 average

Then it's a good thing there are ways to remove enemy buffs.

Literally RPG design 101.

4 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Leak plottwist:

Hide contents

Toothpaste-chan is an alien and others of her kind are the antagonists.

I believe it.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Stop running from the truth Ruben.

You stop.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's the vibes.

"Exposed tiddies" is anime vibes. You said it, not me!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean.....some skills being better than others is like game design 101. Not everyone's supers are going to be equally matched.

Normally i would agree, but it's clearly obvious personal bias influenced their gameplay decisions, which is usually bad for the game.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Then it's a good thing there are ways to remove enemy buffs.

Literally RPG design 101.

Then i'm forced to play this way, though, which is NOT good design.

h8e54i35d7791.jpg

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Exposed tiddies" is anime vibes. You said it, not me

Everything is anime if you think hard enough.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Normally i would agree, but it's clearly obvious personal bias influenced their gameplay decisions, which is usually bad for the game.

That's.....also an aspect of game design. Riki has the highest HP of the party in Xenoblade 1 simply because the devs thought it'd be funny.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Then i'm forced to play this way, though, which is NOT good design.

"I'm forced to use the tools the game gives me".

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Like if the mentality is "oh, the player CAN do this, so we need to overcompensate cause it's broken otherwise", I think it's obvious where the real issue lies.

Cosmo I thought we were talking about removing enemy buffs, I feel like this part is something different now.

"Three Hopes is the upcoming Warriors-style sequel to Fire Emblem: Three Houses, the 2019 game that reignited just about everyone’s love for the classic Nintendo series. Other franchises have gotten the musou treatment in recent years as well, most notably The Legend of Zelda and Persona 5. Folks are apparently so excited about Three Hopes, however, that they’re mistyping searches en masse, or at least enough that Amazon’s algorithms think “Three Holes” might be the game’s real subtitle."

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's.....also an aspect of game design. Riki has the highest HP of the party in Xenoblade 1 simply because the devs thought it'd be funny.

Really? Gameplay-wise, it's was a good choice, keeps Riki from being another Shulk or Melia. Being limited to light armor for 95% of the game unless you waste Affinity Coins means physical damage -the majority of attacks- slightly impairs his durability. But huge HP does let Riki tank to an extent, although he struggles in the role b/c he doesn't get any way of increasing his aggro, and his damage-over-time reliance works against aggro accumulation. It's distinctive.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Folks are apparently so excited about Three Hopes, however, that they’re mistyping searches en masse, or at least enough that Amazon’s algorithms think “Three Holes” might be the game’s real subtitle."

>Not mistyping 3 Copes.

I'm disappointed in the fandom.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, and its bad game design. 

I'm forced to use the tools the game gives me".

*tools* not a singular. Running auto pilot is bad game design, not a RPG standard.

Cosmo I thought we were talking about removing enemy buffs, I feel like this part is something different now

Nope it still ties into the same issue.