• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At this rate I wonder if I'll actually like any job I ever get...

What's up man?

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm not backing out yet of my current one. I just don't like the prospect of being put to do call center stuff as training/trial to my actual post.

Was it part of the job description?

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

A proud American tradition.

Burgerland didn't even invent the fireworks you little--

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

am finally getting around to finishing off Vestaria Saga 1 (I stopped when the excellent Aggro Incarnate information ran dry, which was chapter 11). It is a really fun little game, although I ran into a bit of trouble in Chapter 13. Just finished the Siegfried and girls event in that desert map, and in retrospect I should have probably reset the map there instead of trying to find a way to make my turn 10 save work, as the problem was simply that the two I sent south, should have been sent middle instead. Thank goodness my Rubina hit her Raptor Knight strength cap so early, and the Doyenne is so freaking strong (plus my incredibly stupid, but successful kill the dragons plan with her ended close enough for her to come to the rescue) as I managed to drag myself out of that mess just barely. That litttle Doyenne is about to become the first weapon to be repaired twice (even with the second one Ma'aya comes with, I seem to keep burning through them šŸ˜› ). I am also glad I managed to get the Haldyn talk with his sister, although I have no idea if that actually does anything for me.

Glad you're enjoying VS1. Keep an eye out for VS2's English release in a month, it's way better tham VS1, in my, and (that I've seen) most people's, humble opinion.

8 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

FodLAn: alWays finDing waYs tO tick yOu oFf.

SoMehow the IrISh languagE cReates waYs to frustrate you šŸ˜›

Flawdyoof smiisery.

...I... I an totally not doing this right, am I.

Oh wait, the regular capitalizations don't count do they... So then... Lawdyoof misery? That's a great word. I gotta use it when I find out what it means.

Anyway, yes, I'm about ready to move on from Fodderland now. Enough disappointments out of that place.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I was initially going to comment something like ā€œthis doesnā€™t bode well, although Iā€™m not opening the spoiler,ā€Ā but then IĀ opened the spoiler, not intending to read it, only to find out it was just a sentence and my brain can read a sentence faster than my finger can close a spoiler box. Luckily itā€™s not a major plot spoiler.

Yeah, I just put it in a spoiler out of consideration, but it's really not a big thing.

Also, clicking on things you don't wanna read to calm the temptation is a terrible habit. I should know!

But as for the spoiler itself, Iā€™m just confused.

Ā  Hide contents

Heā€™s already around and in the game, what purpose does him not being playable serve? Manuela is playable, so it doesnā€™t make any sense for what is basically her equivalent to not be playable. Unless the game kills him off or something, but I doubt thatā€™s gonna happen.

As far as him not being playable is concerned, I do like Hanneman, but in a game where youā€™ll usually only get to play as 4 characters (from what we saw in the demo anyway) from pretty much the entire 3H rosterā€¦ his absence isnā€™t one Iā€™ll be shedding tears over. I am confused though.

I mean, did Jeralt's entire character serve a purpose in Three Houses? It wouldn't be the first time Fodlan FEdoes uttrrly incomprehensible things

As for this, the purpose is to piss me off because this game seems designed specifically to annoy me. That's just it.

Fuck Fodlan. I hope the leaks are true just so we'll finally leave this cesspool of disappointment behind.

Anyway with luck Iā€™ll be getting the game tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy it!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wait, the regular capitalizations don't count do they... So then... Lawdyoof misery? That's a great word. I gotta use it when I find out what it means.

Sure, it's a word.

Well that's some stellar stewardship CK.

And With that I'm going to bE off again foR a fEw Days. Because there's anOther wedding.

(TwO MorE and you coulD adapt my summer into a film)

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for this, the purpose is to piss me off because this game seems designed specifically to annoy me. That's just it.

Fuck Fodlan. I hope the leaks are true just so we'll finally leave this cesspool of disappointment behind.

28b44f3425d4c8aaf07f9480f6d4ccf5.png

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

genuinely impressed to see some decent challenge being thrown the player's way

Well I wouldn't say it's challenging in the traditional sense. Only times I died were because I killed myself because I missed a Waddle Dee.

But the game just makes up for it with very good level design that is a blast to go through.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

*The Monkey's Paw begins to curl*

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Probably gonna get a physical copy of XC3 to keep my collection going.

Midnight digital release for me.

Even if I'll probably only play through the first 30 minutes before I have to go to bed.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The steam page has added an interesting bunch of screenshots since last time I checked it out.

I wonder who took this one.
ss_4be72a45575dd7c07092f0d69ff6dc5586e41

Not me, unfortunately my Karajan didn't quite cap movement. One point short. Dang it...

I think my favorite of the Steam page screenshots is Karajan invoking the Vestarian equivalent to the Geneva convention when he's captured.

ss_ec9d389010be4927528b150cd7768120731ee

This guy is amazing.

If anything, there was talk about not there being enough shots of serious dialogue, but unfortunately, they ran out of time to edit the Steam page. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

*The Monkey's Paw begins to curl*

Yes, well, I'll worry about that when it becomes a problem. I know the saying goes "better the devil you know than the devil you don't", but I'm beyond sick of this particular devil. Toothpaste-chan would at least be a fun death for FE.

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At this rate I wonder if I'll actually like any job I ever get...

I hope everything works out and youĀ find something that makes you happy.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Midnight digital release for me.

Even if I'll probably only play through the first 30 minutes before I have to go to bed.

I'll probably do that as well, I just want to have a physical sealed copy of the game as well.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Hidetaka Miyazaki when he is asked to maybe keep his fetish a little in check in the future.

ss_bec5ed6f709224ddf8f936223557aabcb6f9a

Bahahahahahah... Yeah, this boss is funky. Of course, when you have like 10 bosses per map, you're bound to eventually run out of ideas for battle quotes.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh hey, my boy is back.
ss_ab1d8a9b1608270ad67b9d7ab06155b22da33

So he is. Guy just refuses to stay down.

That's lever hell, by the way. I still disagree with that denomination for the map. When you hear that name, you immediately think of stuff like kitsune hell or ninja hell. This isn't that at all.

DreadĀ midgame plot stuff part 2 isĀ šŸ˜„. Wasn't in the mood to begin the light blue chase though.Ā 

---

The greatest challenge for the Steam sale and me is probably the will to search though the reams of offerings. I'm lazy.šŸ˜…Ā That and the borderline "should I really spring for it?"Ā stuff, which then demands I think about them more and reviewing reviews.

• I'll grab some Ys, how much is the question. Seven + Celceta would be $30 total. Do I swipe the older stuff too, or save that for a later sale?
  • Tales of Berseria for sure at $7.50.Ā AriseĀ is a maybe b/c it ain't so cheap at $30.Ā Zestiria is $7.50Ā cheap, but also what I know to be a poor title in the franchise, and nobody is obliged to play every single game in a franchise. Symphonia for $5 ain't bad, the problem is I'm still burnt on it from how much I played it as a child, though I like the idea of having this old friend on a system more modern than the GameCube.
  • Checking the Switch eShop b/c not-as-good sale going on there there, Maglam Lord is on discount, but only down to $30 when I wanted $20, the 7/10-relegating gameplay issues are holding me back from an unhesitant $30 purchase. Wait for the holidays then? Also, PC version but no discount?

I'm disappointed Dragon Quest Heroes isn't on sale, but then it's Koei that developed the two games. No Warriors Orochi 4 dealĀ either.

Trying indiesĀ and out-of-my-comfort-zone stuff... I'll probably wait until the holidays or something. There's enough bigger things that interest me for this one that I don't have to delve deeper just yet. -Still going to think about those littler games though.

@BeniceĀ If you liked Uchikoshi's writing in AI: The Somnium Files, you might want to pick up Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, $11.99 USD for the first two VN games of the Zero Escape trilogy- Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999)Ā and Virtue's Last Reward, I'm told they're very good. The third game- Zero Time Dilemma is also on sale for $7.99 USD, but I'm told it's a weak finish to the series.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

You know, Fates might have been up to something withĀ their petting mode if it's girls were more like Bertoullia and less like "technically an adult" Elise.

ss_57878902394d8b00f406ac0841f2a6b3f8c11

I have no hands and I must pet.

So I'm becoming business partners with a member of the law enforcement force in Griftlands. We had this exchange.

https://images2.imgbox.com/3e/bd/3UXo77Mm_o.jpg

Five minutes later

https://images2.imgbox.com/ab/8b/mMONG4tM_o.jpg

Guys I'm starting to think the police in Griftlands miiiiight be corrupt. Just a tad.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

You know, Fates might have been up to something withĀ their petting mode if it's girls were more like Bertoullia and less like "technically an adult" Elise.

ss_57878902394d8b00f406ac0841f2a6b3f8c11

I have no hands and I must pet.

The fact that she gets the lowest score from Barzelphen is the worst crime he ever committed.

You'll get what I mean when you get there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Trying indiesĀ and out-of-my-comfort-zone stuff... I'll probably wait until the holidays or something. There's enough bigger things that interest me for this one that I don't have to delve deeper just yet. -Still going to think about those littler games though

I think I'm in the mood for shilling Return of the Obra Dinn right now. So yeah, that is my impertinent game recommendation of the day. Best detective game ever created, beautifully unique masterpiece.

Edited by Saint Rubenio