Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Shadow was right all along

I still can't believe an actual human being typed those words while trying to be serious...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

NEVER! I NEVER GIVE UP!

Besides, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Thaaaat's my Ohsix. Keep it up, and you'll hear that bloodcurling "trrrch trrrch trrrch" sound less and less as time goes on.

I just doomed an immigrant's wife because she didn't have the necessary documents!

That's the spirit! Work hard for those Arstotzbucks! Glory to Arstotzka!

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

5wyWauU.png

Steam knows me wekk

For me the first five it displays are fantasy games, anime games, story-rich games, city & settlement games and action games.

...Somehow I get the feeling this is random. I mean, seriously, city & settlement? I have like, four games of that kind!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I still can't believe an actual human being typed those words while trying to be serious...

You would be horrified by the things that people blinded by ideology say and do.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the spirit! Work hard for those Arstotzbucks! Glory to Arstotzka!

Now I let a human trafficker into the country!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

20220625_214047.jpg

Time for round two of this mode.

You'll finish it before I do Rookie.😅 I'm more than 60 hours into SRW 30, nearly 100 missions completed, and only up to Chapter 6 out of 10. Somehow, I'm not tired of it yet. Though I will have to dock points at the end for being needlessly overlong.

...Starting to feel "What am I doing with my life?!😨😭" rereading the above statement.😬

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Phew, got quite busy in Skyrim today. Did almost everything left before heading to the main story hold. College of Winterhold stuff, fought my second Dragon Priest with Volsung, and did Azura's quest.

I think next time I'll finally be going to The Reach. Also, I just remembered that the main story does sends the player to Winterhold a bit after the point I'm now. Well, went there earlier than planned, but no biggie.

My writing time has certainly also took a hit now that I have a job again. Thought I'd make up for during the weekend, but Skyrim ended up the one compensated today, haha...

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though I will have to dock points at the end for being needlessly overlong.

These crossover SRPGs do tend to go on for a bit don't they? Like PxZ2 was 40 chapters, not counting the prologue maps and endgame but like, surely you could trim it a bit.

Makes you appreciate the Endless Frontier games a bit more, since they aren't SRPGs, they don't last that long.

I still have not made any progress on SRW 30 btw, blame Majora's Mask.

11 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Now I let a human trafficker into the country!

Okay, now that's just a dick move. There are zero negative consequences for detaining the shit out of that bastard. You just did that for fun.

...But then, I guess I did murder Alistair for absolutely no reason, myself. So I can't really judge, can I.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

They took away my money

I'm mad

You fell for that, did you? Turns out if something seems too good to be true, it is.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

These crossover SRPGs do tend to go on for a bit don't they? Like PxZ2 was 40 chapters, not counting the prologue maps and endgame but like, surely you could trim it a bit.

Mind, the usual SRW is more like 40-65 maps per playthrough. With route splits of various kinds throughout the franchise making the total map count per game a little higher. 30's unique problem stems from its "you can freely select all your missions" format, which really hasn't been used by SRW before, and might want to be reconsidered in the future. They've padded things out too much (although me having the Season Pass also adds an additional 26 missions over the course of the entire game).

Still, I like big booms, I like it can I turn off big booms when I want for going faster, and I don't mind the mindlessness, it's still fun to me. The writing remains generally entertaining, so that also helps. I'm going to get through it. But I'm warning you, this is going to take a while. Play other games alongside it, take breaks as need be, and remember, the unending length isn't entirely representative of the other games in the franchise.

I didn't know Ward got S tier in the FE subreddit's Berwick hair tier list. I would've thought people would go "scruffy C tier", but instead they went "scruffy S tier." I approve. I really don't appreciate Ward's endgame ready beard enough. Referring to him as Endgame Ready Beard almost exclusively does not count as "enough."

2z0411cjan791.jpg

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

30's unique problem stems from its "you can freely select all your missions" format, which really hasn't been used by SRW before, and might want to be reconsidered in the future. 

Ahhh, I getcha now.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I'm warning you, this is going to take a while. Play other games alongside it, take breaks as need be, and remember, the unending length isn't entirely representative of the other games in the franchise.

Oh for sure. I said before I think but to me, this isn't like, a game I'd be playing continuously.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

30's unique problem stems from its "you can freely select all your missions" format, which really hasn't been used by SRW before, and might want to be reconsidered in the future.

Well, not in this way.

Since the Compact trilogy, Impact, and MX did had a more restricted version of this. Only like 4-6 missions per chapter, and barring the first and last, you could choose the order of the middle ones. But yeah, 30 is a more evolved approach of having a lot more missions in that middle section... but at the same time they're not all mandatory to do. Or you then get hit with the Emergency Missions and thus have a limit on how much you do before advancing to the next big story beat.

As it is, the only game that can come close to 30's scope is Impact, and only because it has over 100 missions (counting route dependent ones), but still follows the mainly linear structure.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Since the Compact trilogy, Impact, and MX did had a more restricted version of this. Only like 4-6 missions per chapter, and barring the first and last, you could choose the order of the middle ones.

I did glance over the flowcharts of those situations before yeah.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

but at the same time they're not all mandatory to do.

Except: writing, cash, pilot points, score, new units, upgrades, and the occasional secret. All strong incentives to do everything you can. At least on a first playthrough.

And I am enjoying it. I've been doing a lot of character rotation, I've even been benching half or more of the OG characters oftentimes. I think the constant incremental unit improvement is part of what keeps me going. Working on getting like 3/4ths of the roster to Ace status is fun.😄 I might have to aim for everyone (Great Ace for all isn't happening).