• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

25 minutes ago, ping said:

Vu31qb9.png

That's a good button 🥰

Un peuple, un but, une foi.

Shame the game starts just a few hundred years after Mansa Musa. I would've loved to ruin Egypt's economy.

Edited by GuardianSing

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Shame the game starts just a few hundred years after Mansa Musa. I would've loved to ruin Egypt's economy.

I believe the devs wanted to include a "pay 100000000000 ducats to ravage Europe's economy" button towards the end of the mission tree, but either reconsidered or removed it because it would've been a bit too much. This is my first game on the current patch and I skipped the previous two, so I'm not aware of all the little details.

The mission tree still has a "Show Generosity" mission (give lots of money to the owners of Ankara, Cairo, and Mekkah, i.e. probably the Ottos and the Mamluks) and one of the two final missions is to "Prepare the Pilgramage" (have the country in pristine condition), so Mansa Musa clearly still has his footprint in there. :lol: Plus, a short section about discovering and colonising South America is framed as the search for the expedition that Musa's father allegedly went on.

The phase before you click the "Restore Authority" button is pretty rough, though. Frequent stability hits, and events along the lines of "lots of local autonomy OR fight 12k rebels". So once I got there, I created some more problems for myself by manually lowering autonomy everywhere, which means that I'm going to get a bunch of rebels anyway. But at least I'm very rich now. :lol:

Just reached chapter 10 SB (Hard/Classic)

Some thoughts:

• Main Maps kino, side maps are a chore.
  • Gameplay wise i mainly main Shez, Bernie and puncher Caspar. Although i do switch around alot and use all of the Black Eagles.
  • I like all the "behind the scenes" stuff we are getting.
    Spoiler

• The Edel/Claude CG is the stuff of dreams... wish we got that in 3H...SPOILER_Unbenannt.PNG
    • At the same time, i can't help but think Edel should've tried that first instead of invasion

Character opinion change over 3H:

• I like Dimitri quite a bit more than og 3H from what i played from AG demo and SB so far. He was my least fav. of the lords in og 3H, now he is jumping the ranks, and i agree with him alot...
  • Edel....don't kill me....i like less. She's more charismatic, i can see why so many follow her, especially since we 'see' her reforming the empire, and i agree with her ideals, but....the war...no, just no. I can never agree with a conquerer, even one with good intentions.
    Spoiler

Especially since she took out Agartha first this time, yet she still goes to war and does all the souther church bs and i can't help but view her as a hypocrite

• Claude...no opinion so far, but i hope what i read isn't true as he was my fav. in og 3H lol. I will see when i reach there. I will probably do his route next
  • Byleth is exactly how i imagined him to be. Unpopular opinion, but i didn't mind a silent Byleth and was able to draw a character of him while playing og 3H and how everyone reacted to him and him emoting. Although him talking does give him more of a presence true.

Looking forward to more!

Edited by Shrimpy

Reminds me I still gotta continue my Hispania/Spain mega-playthrough. Well, I can wait out until EUIV is officially "done".

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did glance over the flowcharts of those situations before yeah.

Except: writing, cash, pilot points, score, new units, upgrades, and the occasional secret. All strong incentives to do everything you can. At least on a first playthrough.

And I am enjoying it. I've been doing a lot of character rotation, I've even been benching half or more of the OG characters oftentimes. I think the constant incremental unit improvement is part of what keeps me going. Working on getting like 3/4ths of the roster to Ace status is fun.😄 I might have to aim for everyone (Great Ace for all isn't happening).

True, but what I mean is, they can be skipped, which is new compared to Com/Im/MX. Or just new to SRW in general (barring a few exceptions), outside DLC missions.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

long and short of Kirby

the goods:

>great gameplay

>fantastic presentation, music especially wonderful

>actually good bosses tf?!

>Kirby May Cry

>feel good warm n fuzzy vibes

>replay value

the mehs:

>short for the price, I know there's postgame but still, I finished the main campaign in less than 10 hours. and I'm not a completionist, so that's value lost for me. glad I got it for free.

that's it? yeah, not a whole lot to say that can't be said in a few sentences

lovely game, ambitious by Kirby standards, comfort food for gamer soul

maaaaaybe in my top 5 platformers?

maybe. top 3 is still Mario Sunshine, Yoshi's Island, and Mario Odyssey.

I get so hyped every time Byleth says just two words in Three Hopes.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

side maps are a chore.

They all take two seconds though.
Seriously though, what’s the problem? They don’t feel any different than main maps to me, other than smaller (both literally and objective wise (which isn’t to say I don’t think they have enough going on objective wise, I do)) and with less going on story wise.

For reference, I just got to chapter 8 in Scarlet Blaze. So if they take a sudden dive in quality or something, well, RIP.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I get so hyped every time Byleth says just two words in Three Hopes

Byleth good.

Seriously though, what’s the problem?

They are quite samey and repititive, and there's way too many of them. Main maps are quite a bit more tactical and unique as well, not to mention have some story going on.

For reference, I just got to chapter 8 in Scarlet Blaze. So if they take a sudden dive in quality or something, well, RIP.

I am at ch10 so i am not that far ahead. Chapter 9 had no side maps which had me rejoicing xD

Edited by Shrimpy

>Majora's Mask

>Kafei and Anju's quest

>You actually cannot get the Postman and Couple's Mask in the same cycle, forcing you to do the quest twice

Game why?

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

>short for the price, I know there's postgame but still, I finished the main campaign in less than 10 hours. and I'm not a completionist, so that's value lost for me. glad I got it for free.

What we value differs obviously but i gotta disagree with this take. Even without 100%'ing it, it's just an incredibly well crafted game. The $60 were well spent i know you got it for free.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

prob gonna continue with Xenoblade tonight now that that's beaten

How far are you in that actually?

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How far are you in that actually?

it has been a while but IIRC the last thing I did storywise was meet either Alvis or Melia for the first time

gameplay started to pick up bc Dunban's a hella fun party member over Shulk maining

actually not sure why I stopped that go around

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

They are quite samey and repititive, and there's way too many of them.

Personally I’ve been enjoying the flow of side maps on my way to the main map.

Main maps are quite a bit more tactical and unique as well, not to mention have some story going on.

That’s true. Main maps > side maps, but I definitely enjoy the side maps. I think if the entire game was just main maps with a camp pause between each I wouldn’t enjoy it as much.

Chapter 9 had no side maps which had me rejoicing xD

Huh…

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Majora's Mask

>Kafei and Anju's quest

>You actually cannot get the Postman and Couple's Mask in the same cycle, forcing you to do the quest twice

Game why?

Yes you can? I mean you have to be quick about it, but not that quick. Unless you didn’t get the bunny hood or something (and idk why you’d wanna torture yourself like that), it’s very doable.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes you can? I mean you have to be quick about it, but not that quick. Unless you didn’t get the bunny hood or something (and idk why you’d wanna torture yourself like that), it’s very doable.

The guide I was using for this said you couldn't. Of course, Song of Double Time allowing me to jump forward with precision speeds up the process tremendously so it's not a huge loss.

Both the Postman and Kafei require you meet them on 6PM or later at the Final Day but you only get the Postman's Mask if you give the Special Letter to the Postman as opposed to giving it directly to Kafei's mother, which I think is a required step.

@Sooks....you know what it was? I misread the guide. I can't get the bottle and the Postman's Hat in the same cycle because either i give the letter to Madam Aroma or i give it to the Postman.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Sooks....you know what it was? I misread the guide. I can't get the bottle and the Postman's Hat in the same cycle because either i give the letter to Madam Aroma or i give it to the Postman.

F

That’s a similar complaint though, just swapping a mask for a bottle. I totally forgot about that, it would be annoying if you’re going for 100% (which I always do in Zelda, other than Breath of the Wild because obviously).

Idk if this counts as a Three Hopes spoiler, but it’s just about who has support conversations with who.

Spoiler

Marianne and Bernadetta have support conversations with each other.

Three Hopes GOAT.

>Finishes Majora's Mask 3D

>Gets ready to write review

>Opens laptop and finds it updating

>Goes back in time and stops Microsoft from implementing forced updates that don't do anything.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Finishes Majora's Mask 3D

>Gets ready to write review

>Opens laptop and finds it updating

>Goes back in time and stops Microsoft from implementing forced updates that don't do anything.

Truly using the skills Majora’s Mask taught you.

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Um, Kirby games are not meant to be long. Former parts have been beaten in five hours at max. For comparison the first game of this series is beaten in 15 minutes. That said Forgotten Land is the longest game in the series unless you skip all the challenges and tasks in Waddle Dee Town. 

Speaking of the price it surprised me that Forgotten Land cost less (50 €) than Star Allies (60 €), considering for its content a very fair price.

Did more College stuff and... phew, had forgotten Mzulft was a loooooong dungeon @_@. Good thing you only ever need to do that once. It's a non-respawning dungeon and anything else needed to do there for other quests is located just a short walk from the entrance or in a small side-area outside the main dungeon itself. I think at this point I'll finish the questline since I can do that before needing to head to Riften. But well, that's for next time... which might as well next weekend. Since it's back to the workplace for nine and a half hours daily... and ten for Monday, because 48 hours being the max allowed for work weeks means they have to use all of them. Apparently.

Edited by Acacia Sgt