Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

OjjfHnM.jpg

I can't believe Vice Principal Heinrich is a man of culture.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

Majora's Mask is a masterpiece of a game and while i do recommend this version as it is my preferred, the original is worth playing too. An incredible game with rather unique elements and one of my favorite climaxes and endings in any game.

Indeed, Cremia can hug Link which makes Majora's Mask one of the greatest games ever made. Think about it, how often has Link been hugged?

I tried replaying Majora's Mask 3D a few months ago, but I didn't get far because my 3DS's battery doesn't seem to work very well. Maybe I'll have to get the Switch Online Expansion Pack to play it again.

14 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I mean, Sodium is pretty explosive in contact with water Vs. NaCl.

More specifically, pure sodium reacts with water to form sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and hydrogen gas, the latter of which is flammable when combined with oxygen.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Saint Rubenio Mario+Rabbids is fated to leak forever. 

So yeah they'll be talking about it tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Indeed, Cremia can hug Link which makes Majora's Mask one of the greatest games ever made. Think about it, how often has Link been hugged?

I like how this only works(?) if you do her quest wearing the Troupe Leader's Mask, which prevents the brothers from even attacking. Useful except you need Romani's Mask to get it first, so it's only real use is getting a hug from Cremia. Worth it tbh.

Broke: The 1-2 lines of dialogue house leaders give with a sad portrait about a character when you kill them in Three Houses.

Woke: The entire emotional story scene that plays after the battle when you kill a certain student in Three Hopes.

Take ages capturing three units on the outside of the wall (Including a L&D Sniper and Rallyman) and safely taking out everyone there, take a complicated run of rustling the first layer of the wall wall so that you can get space on it for yourself by finishing the enemies there and prepare to get over Lunatic Possessed.

An unlucky crit followed by another strike destroys one of your generics.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Fates should have done away with innate crit classes.

Crits have always been dumb in FE, thats nothing new.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

can't believe Vice Principal Heinrich is a man of culture.

When did you start CS?

So, I cleared Possessed on Lunatic.

Got the boots, the money, the three captures, lost Xander to a crit from Takumi but that's no big loss, all in all the wall did fall.

Hinoka probably will irritate me too, but at least I'll have Rallyman.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Crits have always been dumb in FE, thats nothing new.

Well before now I wasn't as convinced as others, but that's what happens when you lose multiple attempts to low percent crits that you can't remove from the equation.

Low luck generics sounds fine when you're not the one using them 😛

Just now, Sky_ said:

So do you guys like Yu Yu Hakusho? If so, how would you feel about a remake? 

(Btw, my old username was Ace_)

Was there talk of something being made, or am I just assuming Netflix said that because that's just how they do things? I thought there might be something going on but I wouldn't know.

Hmm, even without knowing that I did think of your previous username.

Good thing it's only today that's the full extra half-hour.

Finally started doing call duty. Could've been better. It's certainly not my forte.

Gossamer Running Through Walls GIF | Gfycat

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Was there talk of something being made, or am I just assuming Netflix said that because that's just how they do things? I thought there might be something going on but I wouldn't know.

Hmm, even without knowing that I did think of your previous username.

I think the Netflix adaptation is just a rumor...but I'm not sure lol

it's Yu Yu Hakusho's 30th anniversary so people on youtube were talking about a possible remake. 

Edited by Sky_

On 6/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

You fell for that, did you? Turns out if something seems too good to be true, it is.

I just wanted to get this thing over with

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe Vice Principal Heinrich is a man of culture.

I wonder how he would react to her appearance in Kuro…

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Take ages capturing three units on the outside of the wall (Including a L&D Sniper and Rallyman) and safely taking out everyone there, take a complicated run of rustling the first layer of the wall wall so that you can get space on it for yourself by finishing the enemies there and prepare to get over Lunatic Possessed.

An unlucky crit followed by another strike destroys one of your generics.

Imagine caring about the life of generics

I let Haitaka die before Chapter 10

1 hour ago, Sky_ said:

So do you guys like Yu Yu Hakusho?

My second favorite battle shonen of all time.

1 hour ago, Sky_ said:

If so, how would you feel about a remake?

I don't think a remake has that much priority, as the adaptation is pretty good and still holds up well. I'm even afraid of being censored like the 2011 HxH.

Also, the local voice actor for Kuwabara died a while ago, so it wouldn't be the same.

Gotta say the GaoGaiGar storyline in 30 is one of the more enjoyable ones. (Will be looking forward to playing the fan translation of SRWW at some distant point if it covers stuff earlier in the GGG storyline.) Although I was rolling my eyes with Mamoru getting an off-to-the-side civilian girlfriend, I'm fine with him and Ikumi being best friends, but... why not delete the unimportant gal and make it GaoGayGo?😄

It looks like continuing the J-Decker stuff is what is necessary for triggering the end of Chapter 6, as I've avoided doing it and thus ran through like four other key missions (some from Chapter 5, odd that finishing a chapter doesn't demand all of its key missions be completed) and cleared out almost all of the relic battles.

The upgrade for the Huckebein 30 is indeed somewhat lacking as I had heard from stray comments. Where is the Afterimage? A G-Territory would have been nice too. The thing has its uses, but it ain't a juggernaut. The Dreisstrager is the true OG unit masterpiece of 30. Having maxed or nearly maxed out most of the other categories, I'm finally beginning to go for the AOS Update buffs for the Dreisstrager itself, starting with the Integrity Boost so I no longer have to waste a rather rare barrier-providing part on the Drei (it's odd coming from OGs for a battleship not to have an innate barrier). Afterwards it'll be Output Boost for the near-infinite EN to fuel that innate barrier, and thus make the Dreisstrager invincible. I still ought to have some game left with how long it is to enjoy such brokenness. I picked up the female protagonist as well.

---

Made my first round of purchases from my first major Steam sale. Mostly safe picks for my tastes.

Though, rather than be overly happy and eager to start playing anything, I stared at the on-sale price tag for everything in the cart at checkout. Guilt. I need a job to stop being a parasite. Yet, being a parasite grows that sense of "anyone else would be a better hire than I" that overcomes me any time once every couple months I try looking.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gotta say the GaoGaiGar storyline in 30 is one of the more enjoyable ones. (Will be looking forward to playing the fan translation of SRWW at some distant point if it covers stuff earlier in the GGG storyline.) Although I was rolling my eyes with Mamoru getting an off-to-the-side civilian girlfriend, I'm fine with him and Ikumi being best friends, but... why not delete the unimportant gal and make it GaoGayGo?😄

Pft. GGG is from the 90's, when Mamoru met his now-wife. Yes, they're married, even if as the game revealed, not in the most normal of circumstances (the event itself happens just before the finale sequence of episodes of GGG). Anyway, as if they'd split the couple up years later... we're talking of hot-blooded idealistic shounen show, after all.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It looks like continuing the J-Decker stuff is what is necessary for triggering the end of Chapter 6, as I've avoided doing it and thus ran through like four other key missions (some from Chapter 5, odd that finishing a chapter doesn't demand all of its key missions be completed) and cleared out almost all of the relic battles.

Yeah, missions only get delisted when certain others show up or are completed, not on a chapter by chapter basis.

The upgrade for the Huckebein 30 is indeed somewhat lacking as I had heard from stray comments. Where is the Afterimage? A G-Territory would have been nice too. The thing has its uses, but it ain't a juggernaut. The Dreisstrager is the true OG unit masterpiece of 30. Having maxed or nearly maxed out most of the other categories, I'm finally beginning to go for the AOS Update buffs for the Dreisstrager itself, starting with the Integrity Boost so I no longer have to waste a rather rare barrier-providing part on the Drei (it's odd coming from OGs for a battleship not to have an innate barrier). Afterwards it'll be Output Boost for the near-infinite EN to fuel that innate barrier, and thus make the Dreisstrager invincible. I still ought to have some game left with how long it is to enjoy such brokenness. I picked up the female protagonist as well.

Certainly, most of the effort was put into the Dreisstrager, heh. And I'm still dissapointed it doesn't transform into a gigantuar Grungust. Come on, it was designed by the same person who designed the original SDF-1 Macross... being able to transform to a humanoid form should've been a thing!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft. GGG is from the 90's, when Mamori met his now-wife. Yes, they're married, even if as the game revealed, not in the most normal of circumstances (the event itself happens just before the finale sequence of episodes of GGG). Anyway, as if they'd split the couple up years later... we're talking of hot-blooded idealistic shounen show, after all.

I have heard that American 70s-80s(?) action flicks have something of a retrospective reputation of being so hypermasculine in their emphasis on men and muscular bodies, that people now see in them undertones of the homoerotic. I can choose -how inaccurately- to apply the same logic to dated hot-blooded shounen stuff.😛

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Certainly, most of the effort was put into the Dreisstrager, heh. And I'm still dissapointed it doesn't transform into a gigantuar Grungust. Come on, it was designed by the same person who desgined the original SDF-1 Macross... being able to transform to a humanoid form should've been a thing!

So you still haven't discovered the secret that upgrades the Huckebein's Black Hole Engine to the BHE Transdimensional AnniHIlation-Refined Technology Yield? The Huckebein docks with the Dreisstrager and then enters its core, the BHE emits so much power that it enables the transformation sequence. The amount of energy emitted is indeed so high, that it has the potential to devastatingly pierce the boundary between worlds if allowed to go out of control. Thankfully, the Drei consumes so much power that as long as it is functioning properly, the BHE risk is nil. In fact, this output makes it more proper to say the Black Hole Engine effectively creates a genuine miniature "white hole", a hitherto hypothetical theoretical physics concept.

But yes, the Drei then has its bow split into legs, the two side... things become arms, the bridge becomes the head. where the circular launch port is located, an emblematic cover moves into place over it for use of the Grand Finale Beam, while the odd ring behind the bridge is in fact the pommel of the Total Eclipse Sword. The first strike of the ultimate technique of said sword crushes everything inward, the second swing rips all apart outward.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have heard that American 70s-80s(?) action flicks have something of a retrospective reputation of being so hypermasculine in their emphasis on men and muscular bodies, that people now see in them undertones of the homoerotic. I can choose -how inaccurately- to apply the same logic to dated hot-blooded shounen stuff.😛

Is it dated, though.

As it is, all the better. It's one more couple to make jabs with the constant running gag of ribbing the Getter Team for still being single.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If they mean Sodium metal it does kinda explode

...oh.

Well, now I feel massively stupid. I thought Jesse was just so dumb he managed to make salt explode through sheer dumb power.

...I'd say sorry to him, but he had a homemade-chloroform-induced wet dream about his unrequited lust crush, so I don't respect him enough to.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio Mario+Rabbids is fated to leak forever. 

So yeah they'll be talking about it tomorrow.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha... Ahh, that's amazing.

You know, I focus a lot on Bow Loogi, but Akimbo Mario might actually manage to make him of all people cool. And the edgy rabbid actually looks fun, in a morbid sorta way.

I'm so hyped for this. Just tell me the team comp won't be as awfully restricted as the first game, streamline and/or develop the exploration parts (on an attempted replay of the first game I found them a bit of a chore) and it's gonna be amazing.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Broke: The 1-2 lines of dialogue house leaders give with a sad portrait about a character when you kill them in Three Houses.

Woke: The entire emotional story scene that plays after the battle when you kill a certain student in Three Hopes.

Bespoke: visiting the graves of the fallen in Berwick Saga.

5 hours ago, Sky_ said:

So do you guys like Yu Yu Hakusho? If so, how would you feel about a remake? 

(Btw, my old username was Ace_)

Never heard of it. What's it about?

Just now, Newtype06 said:

Imagine caring about the life of generics

I let Haitaka die before Chapter 10

I don't think you understand where I'm at with Fates:

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

lost Xander to a crit from Takumi but that's no big loss,

Haitaka >>>>>>>>>> Xander.

Besides, I meant a full on generic in both cases who have made positive impacts.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though, rather than be overly happy and eager to start playing anything, I stared at the on-sale price tag for everything in the cart at checkout. Guilt. I need a job to stop being a parasite. Yet, being a parasite grows that sense of "anyone else would be a better hire than I" that overcomes me any time once every couple months I try looking.

I concur on the feeling of inadequacy whenever I look at applying and see my problems and lack of backup on my documentation to argue for my usefulness. Can't say I have a solution besides "Just dive in bro" sadly.

Speaking of parasites, I'm still waiting on some results from an interview myself and until then am still a parasite.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, now I feel massively stupid. I thought Jesse was just so dumb he managed to make salt explode through sheer dumb power.

...I'd say sorry to him, but he had a homemade-chloroform-induced wet dream about his unrequited lust crush, so I don't respect him enough to.

Breaking Cad.

Xenoblade 3 literally has a "press F to pay respects" mechanic which, when you really think about it, is just the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask but in a Xenoblade game.

Doing this increases the Affinity with whichever Colony the deceased belonged to. Now the question is, does this only work for dead soldiers you simply find or can you actually kill a group of soldiers and then send them off to the ether afterwards?

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

HBGDtOF.png

1WeXI5b.png

Girl is named like a Xenoblade X Tyrant.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Well...

She is an advisor to a tyrant, technically

This Tyrant better have a similar naming convention. Like "Jeremy, The Diabolical King" or something like that.

12 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Fates should have done away with innate crit classes.

Fates' gameplay faults are mostly things innate to FE they didn't change (or were afraid to)

Stuff like innate Crits, RNG proc skills, etc.

Although with the Rally luck or pair up it's usually easy to over come those