• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Steam trading cards are just another example of the fact that you don't need NFTs for the trade of digital goods. That at best it's just a far worse way to do what's already been possible for ages.

Yeah, exactly. I mean, heck, Valve's big name games already had whole economies built entirely around their virtual items. NFTs are just dumb, through and through.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think F-Zero would get that treatment. DLC sure but not dripfeed.

I sure would hope so.

Just now, Newtype06 said:

I just jailed a guy after taking away his money AND his watch

Nice

That's always a fun thing to do. That dude's a jerk anyway.

So the Xenoblade 3 SE pre-orders went exactly as well as they did last time.

Except this time Nintendo didn't even announce the pre-orders went up, they just shadowdropped them. Then people spent two hours in queue but fuck them I guess cause it all sold out not too long ago.

This would not be an issue if they just put them on other retailers.

23 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

The teacher forgot to specify, both in the lessons and in the study materials we received, that we have to add some bonuses in the calculation of overtime and this caused all subsequent calculations to be wrong. Half the class had to retake the test.

That's just bad math at work.

Congrats on the finish I hope?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was browsing the store for games for less than 5 bucks, and To The Moon and Braid are the ones that immediately jumped to me. Both oldies, but renowned oldies, one as an extremely good and emotional story-driven experience, the other a profound, yet brutal puzzle platformer. Heard great things about both, and To The Moon is a game that I've always thought "you know, this could be neat to play one day."

To the moon is a few hours, you'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

WOOOOO LET'S GOOOOOO PEAK FICTION FOR REAL

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I was watching G V KK with my roommate and we only got halfway when he left.

Still haven't finished it.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was browsing the store for games for less than 5 bucks, and To The Moon and Braid are the ones that immediately jumped to me. Both oldies, but renowned oldies, one as an extremely good and emotional story-driven experience, the other a profound, yet brutal puzzle platformer. Heard great things about both, and To The Moon is a game that I've always thought "you know, this could be neat to play one day."

Or you could join me in the buy To The Moon and leave it sitting in your steam library for months club. It’s been keeping Yakuza 0 company!

pkLRwxB.jpg

Relatable

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well technically we knew about it since March but it's nice to have an official confirmation.

MRR6CB1.jpg?1

14 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I was watching G V KK with my roommate and we only got halfway when he left.

Still haven't finished it.

King Kong vs. Godzilla is 60 years old now, so it's not too surprising if you haven't finished it yet.

Am I the only one finding all the side missions in Three Hopes kind of a chore? It wasn’t a problem in the early game because there weren’t as many, but now it’s taking forever to get through all of them while doing all the management stuff. I mean, maybe the game isn’t designed around doing all of the side missions, but I’m spending like a day on each chapter. This would be fine if the side missions were good but they’re still short and not too interesting, there’s just more of them.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Or you could join me in the buy To The Moon and leave it sitting in your steam library for months club. It’s been keeping Yakuza 0 company!

Imagine not playing the games you buy.

This post was brought to you by "actually plays the games bought" club.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Imagine not playing the games you buy.

This post was brought to you by "actually plays the games bought" club.

Playing it in five years still counts as playing it.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

On the bright side, for as long as you don't play Yakuza 0, you'll always have leverage to bribe me!

Finished Papers, Please.

https://tomhoyle.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/new_arstotzka.png

It's basically just a clerk simulator. The so-called "ethical issues" that the game tries to present as a greater incentive to play don't work because, except for a few times, you will never see the repercussion of your actions. They are always the same thing: a randomly generated NPC appears and tells a sob story asking you to let them pass, and regardless of your choice of him you will never see anything related to them again (with rare exceptions).The only highlights of the game for me were Sergiu and the vengeful father, and that's the end of the game.

Kinda mid, ngl.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

B-but the internet told me the last few movies were bad...

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Congrats on the finish I hope?

2 hours ago, Benice said:

On the bright side, for as long as you don't play Yakuza 0, you'll always have leverage to bribe me!

Hopefully I’ll be getting Somnium Files during the Steam sale because it’s really cheap and I want to read a VN. And I would probably possibly start it after I finish Scarlet Blaze in Three Hopes because I will not be able to do two routes of it back to back.

*Goes for a walk with the dogs. Bears witness to a rotten tooth extraction as we're leaving.*

🤢

Thankfully I didn't have to help at all. I'm no good in emergencies big or small.

---

Meta-Commentary.png

SRW is always there to cheer me up.😄 Not exactly a 4th wall break, given manganime exist in-universe, but silly commentary on the meta of popular storytelling nonetheless.

This is from earlier in the day though, seems like I'm spending the last hours of June 2022 in melancholic fear. Yet I can't visibly display my concern IRL about a very likely near-future theocratic regime's plans to undo rainbow rights (along with everything else), since that would raise the topic I'd not talk about with family right now. I have to look emotionless and keep my lamentations and worries to myself. It makes it all the more touchy, since in this brief era of legal and popular acceptance, despite having had all the years to feasibly act on being queer, my introverted Aspie self never did. It also if they understood it gives them ammo to keep me in the gold closet (if they even believed me and if I was fine with sharing details to them about it), for that condescending if well-meant reason of "keeping me safe". July is upon me, hopefully the insurance issues are finally sorted out and I can get a therapist booked at last, I don't want to hear anymore excuses! My outwardly quiet internalized wildfire of impatience grows.

There is part of me that wants to take Haven out of cryostasis now, b/c "love story about a couple that flees a dystopian society that doesn't permit their romance" seems like it'll be relatable soon enough. Though so much more of myself thinks that'd be like overdosing on LSD- magical, yet very disturbing. I'm not sure I could emotionally handle it. As I type this in the moment, I feel like I want nothing to do with love in games right now, nothing that could make me think about this bugbear. This thing I'm so overly focused on, when there are other things I could do to alleviate some self-loathing and achieve greater autonomy. I'm a mess.

It's too late to play anything tonight, and I'm feeling a touch tired, guess I'll head to bed settling for yet another exhale on a random video game forum as my way of alleviating pressure. 

FWjDfmjVEAA60O3?format=jpg&name=large

FWjDfmiVUAIzOOI?format=jpg&name=large

Does damage received really count if one hit kills me anyways actually that was probably environmental hazards and Phantom Cloak usage.

I also did two more SRW 30 maps today, still in the prologue maps tho. Hit a suspend point during Free for All. I can't believe i'm saying this but i would like for the enemies to hit me, it's kinda boring seeing everything have a 0% hit-rate, like even the Greil Mercenaries in RD Part 3 weren't that good. Keeps that up and imma bump the difficulty up.

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

B-but the internet told me the last few movies were bad...

Internet ratio'd by pics that go hard

MV5BZGNlZDA1ZDAtMjI0NC00MzVmLTg2MDYtZWJi

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Meta-Commentary.png

Oh hey, i watched the show where he's from. Actually the suspend message i got was from Knights & Magic.

Show's alright, i've seen way worse isekais.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Hopefully I’ll be getting Somnium Files during the Steam sale because it’s really cheap and I want to read a VN. And I would probably possibly start it after I finish Scarlet Blaze in Three Hopes because I will not be able to do two routes of it back to back.

Ey, that's nice too! I do hope that the horniness doesn't put you off, though.

Or are you just trying to get even more leverage on me for an upcoming bribe?! I'm onto you!

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I also did two more SRW 30 maps today, still in the prologue maps tho. Hit a suspend point during Free for All. I can't believe i'm saying this but i would like for the enemies to hit me, it's kinda boring seeing everything have a 0% hit-rate, like even the Greil Mercenaries in RD Part 3 weren't that good. Keeps that up and imma bump the difficulty up.

I swapped over to Expert eventually. Hit rates can be pretty high there. Although the rates would be lower if I actually invested some of the 10 million credits I've stockpiled on Mobility and equipped a bunch of the busted Power Parts I have. Parts are a bit of a chore to shuffle through (so dang many), and I haven't placed more than five upgrades per non-weapon stat into any mech, I'm still not sure which machines to play favoritism with.😅

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh hey, i watched the show where he's from. Actually the suspend message i got was from Knights & Magic.

Show's alright, i've seen way worse isekais.

Oh, you've watched that one? Neat.

---

Okay, finished Labyrinthian and beat Morokei. That's three Dragon Priest masks now. Went head and finished the College of Winterhold questline. Now I'm the Arch-Mage! There's still a few things left to do there, mainly doing the Radiant quests at least once. Though one of them seems to not yet be open to triggered. Well, I'll have to return to the College anyway later on. And now I can finally start the last part of Arniel's questline.

Gotta hand it to him with his dedication.

"The disappearance of the Dwemer is such a fascinating subject... I know, I'll try to replicate it myself!"

Because considering the Dwemer species as a whole (well, with one exception I think who shows up in Morrowind) went MIA from reality... surely trying to replicate the event will not go wrong... nuh uh... well anyway, I did part of it (the one reason to return to Mzulft) already, and now I'm finally ready to head to Riften. But that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt