Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Enrage was never obnoxious to deal with. Elemental Awakening, on the other hand, was.

I uh... don't totally remember what Enrage does, as opposed to EA, which i do remember.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I uh... don't totally remember what Enrage does, as opposed to EA, which i do remember.

Enrage is just the standard stat buff (and new Arts) some enemies get when their HP reaches a certain point.

18 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I found your evil twin.

kek

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimpy @lightcosmo @Lightchao42 @Interdimensional Observer been a very long time since I tagged you guys for a Xenoblade 3 gameplay update but the "Xenoblade 1" combos now have as many steps as the "Xenoblade 2" combos. The Tweet above explains the gist of it and while it doesn't exactly show what "calming the enemy" is, I think it means the removal of Enrage. My guess: Burst combos for stopping the enemy, Smash combos for the raw damage you get out of it (also Smash doesn't drop items anymore, that got moved over to Burst).

Edit: oh and yes, you can tell the AI what to focus on.

gameplay lookin fineeeee

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

He has that class unlocked when you join him in 3H, he has Lances as one of his boons, wyvern rider isn't unlocked immediately in 3C, it probably allows him to wield the Lance of Chihol unlike Wyvern (which I'm betting is axe locked though I could be wrong, I haven't played near that far (or can I bet because I didn't purchase the game at this stage)).

That's kinda dumb. If you made the game, you don't necessarily have to restrict yourself to the rules you made for it. Play a little, give wyverns lances - or just make Seteth break the game and get lances as a wyvern, what's the big deal? Him being a cavalier doesn't make much sense, he's even bad at horses in the original lol.

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Also trying Mario+Rabbids on game trial. The Rabbids are the biggest negative so far.

Hah, I've heard some people say that. Didn't mind them, myself.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do think if you cannot stomach the Rabbids, Mario+Rabbids will be a pretty hard sell.

.....which makes it all the more surprising how it's considered unironically good.

The rabbids are very subdued in this game, the game is genuinely good and the concept of "Mario XCOM" is awesome. Don't forget, the idea was universally derided prior to release. It was through the game's own merits that it changed the minds of people after it came out - and people don't change their minds easily, so that's quite the feat.

2 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

First I thought Hero Sight was increased accuracy on enemies.

I was wrong and the results have been beautiful.

Nope. It's Berwick Overwatch, basically. And, y'know, overwatch in any gun strategy game. But mostly Berwick Overwatch, because then I get to call Luigi Sylvis 2: Electric Boogaloo. Right before he actually becomes Sylvis 2 in the sequel!

I mean, game good. Getting a burn to force an enemy into another shot is satisfying, being able to slide and then team jump looks like it should be very useful (shame you can't do it the other way around, could really break things with that as an option). Still early on myself, but I can see the appeal already.

It is a surprisingly good strategy game. It has its flaws, mainly those nasty team comp restrictions and the world map being a bit of a slog, but still. Pretty good game, right there.

It's just a shame that when the Rabbids are the focus it ends up being lolrandum in the worst kinds of ways. And because they're the catalyst for the whole game they're integral to the whole thing.

If it serves as any consolation, it seems they're dialing back a bit on the Rabbid importance for the sequel. In the original Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Bowsers Jr. and Sr. were pretty much the only Mario characters, while everyone and everything else was a rabbid of some kind. In the trailers of the sequel, we already see a lot of Mario enemies.

The other negative I'm getting brought down so far by is the very backtracky layout of the world maps, I can already see this being a major slog on the game. I know they had Grant Kirkhope for music but did they get map designers from Yooka-Leelee involved?

I didn't mind the world map too much in my first run, but on a replay it became a much greater issue that has prevented me from replaying the game to completion. Sound familiar? I really hope the sequel makes it more interesting.

51 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oof, wasn't aware that the reaction of the "gamers™" to the artstyle of the new Monkey Island game was this toxic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW DARE YOU LOOK UGLY I AM GOING TO DISREGARD EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE GAME

And Monkey Island was never heard from again. Unless they played it safe and made this the real conclusion, which... I hope, I mean, it's enough of a miracle this has come out at all. Better use this chance to wrap things up after all this time.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Play a little, give wyverns lances

Remember when i said that 3 Hopes seems an overreaction when it comes to many things?

Class system seems also like one. Each class is locked to one type of weapons now (+ maybe extra magic combat arts for some master classes).

I miss my Bowgasi and Axe mages lol

Edited by Shrimpy

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's kinda dumb. If you made the game, you don't necessarily have to restrict yourself to the rules you made for it. Play a little, give wyverns lances - or just make Seteth break the game and get lances as a wyvern, what's the big deal? Him being a cavalier doesn't make much sense, he's even bad at horses in the original lol.

Well he had the class unlocked in 3H, don't ask me why.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope. It's Berwick Overwatch, basically. And, y'know, overwatch in any gun strategy game. But mostly Berwick Overwatch, because then I get to call Luigi Sylvis 2: Electric Boogaloo. Right before he actually becomes Sylvis 2 in the sequel!

Luigi gets up to three shots for it, I want them already.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The rabbids are very subdued in this game

I'd cross that out myself, but hey I'm seeing all the antics that they put in the world map so things are going on in it.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it serves as any consolation, it seems they're dialing back a bit on the Rabbid importance for the sequel. In the original Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Bowsers Jr. and Sr. were pretty much the only Mario characters, while everyone and everything else was a rabbid of some kind. In the trailers of the sequel, we already see a lot of Mario enemies.

You say that now......

*Evil Rabbid cackles in the distance

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Remember when i said that 3 Hopes seems an overreaction when it comes to many things?

Class system seems also like one. Each class is locked to one type of weapons now (+ maybe extra magic combat arts for some master classes).

Did they expressly say that that was a response to people complaining about the weapon nigh anarchism of 3H?

One of 3H's best points, wasted!

16 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Did they expressly say that that was a response to people complaining about the weapon nigh anarchism of 3H?

I don't think they did, but many things in the game seems like a (over-)reaction to 3H complaints.

For example people complained Edel doesn't fight Slytherin, they shove Slytherin in where it doesn't belong and make her late game a mess.

People complained about Byleth being maybe too important, Shez, although a fun personality, has practically no importance at all and everything around them feels like an afterthought (which leads to the late game mess)

There are many complaints out there in a similiar manner, but still gotta play other routes first to confirm.

And the Class system as well seems like a reaction to complaints. For example now Classes grant weapon ranks, not the other way around like in 3H.

Edited by Shrimpy

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Oof, wasn't aware that the reaction of the "gamers™" to the artstyle of the new Monkey Island game was this toxic.

I’m completely indifferent because I didn’t play Monkey Island growing up. Granted if a game of Kane or Elric was ever made and the graphics where lackluster then the blood of the innocent would flow without end.

Edited by WraithReborn

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Standing up foot flat on the ground is bothersome for me right now. The weight of my body going straight down on the affected periphery is painful. Even sitting normally with the knees bent at a 90 degree angle is an issue. I've been spending the day laying in a recliner chair or my bed, affected foot elevated on pillows to minimize the pressure on it and keep the pain away. Ibuprofen ingested and ice applied if they can somehow help with the swelling too. I've been mostly resting my eyes while I'm at it.

Oof... Hope you get better soon, and that it doesn't get to be too chronic of a problem.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Shame. While the way you unlocked classes and magic only being available on mage classes did still railroad you into weapon types, and bows pretty much completely overshadowed any other type of 1-2 weaponry, it was a fun system nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Well he had the class unlocked in 3H, don't ask me why.

...Huh.

Luigi gets up to three shots for it, I want them already.

Loogi is just the best in this game. And that's not just me!

I'd cross that out myself, but hey I'm seeing all the antics that they put in the world map so things are going on in it.

Hah, well, true enough. Subdued for their usual standards, I guess, would be a better way to put it.

You say that now......

*Evil Rabbid cackles in the distance

There are... theories, regarding that one's true identity. A surprising amount of theorycrafting, in fact, for a Mario crossover with friggin' rabbids.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

I don't think they did, but many things in the game seems like a (over-)reaction to 3H complaints.

For example people complained Edel doesn't fight Slytherin, they shove Slytherin in where it doesn't belong and make her late game a mess.

People complained about Byleth being maybe too important, Shez, although a fun personality, has practically no importance at all and everything around them feels like an afterthought (which leads to the late game mess)

There are many complaints out there in a similiar manner, but still gotta play other routes first to confirm.

And the Class system as well seems like a reaction to complaints. For example now Classes grant weapon ranks, not the other way around like in 3H.

...Oof.

53 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Why does Mario + Rabbids have ambush spawns?

Why are Smashers allowed to ambush you?

Huh, I forgot about this.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Seteth gets a sick nickname. "JUDGEMENT HAS PASSED" crits qoute has another meaning now

And Flayn's one fits her so much

Wow, that looks so weird without music. Lots of games feel weird without music, but this just feels plain wrong.

Also I hate that Sothis is still a thing

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Happy birthday @Pengaius!

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Butterman's birthday! @Pengaius Hope you are gifted with many RNG blessed Arkises.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh, I forgot about this.

It's starting to look like a brick wall because my party is in pain.

I don't want to restart the chapter just to have more HP.

Edit: got over it, now for Rabbid Kong, which is amazing that they just let.... exist.

Edited by Awoken Dayni

At hospital, gonna stay overnight as precaution. Arm has IVs in it for antibiotics. Ailment was continuing to worryingly spread.

Typing with one hand b/c IV, can’t type more.

I feel guilty for forcing my family to have to waste a day dealing with this.

And, nurse didn’t want to say anything at first, but highly-functioning autistic son in early twenties. Said I seemed similar. Small world huh.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At hospital, gonna stay overnight as precaution. Arm has IVs in it for antibiotics. Ailment was continuing to worryingly spread.

And, nurse didn’t want to say anything at first, but highly-functioning autistic son in early twenties. Said I seemed similar. Small world huh.😆

Oh no, I hope now that you’re at a hospital you can get well soon.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glad you're getting it treated quickly, and I really hope that it'll get better really fast...

Why is this one so upbeat?

Is it to calm your mind because this stage has inexplicitly 5 floors for no reason, making it hell to navigate? That's probably why.

Seriously, this gotta be the most convoluted stage in a Warriors game. Not like the game has a Metroid Prime style map or whatever else would help dealing with vertical space.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

It's starting to look like a brick wall because my party is in pain.

I don't want to restart the chapter just to have more HP.

Edit: got over it, now for Rabbid Kong, which is amazing that they just let.... exist.

Good work. Rabbid Kong's a neat boss. I like the music.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, dear. Well, just try to relax and wait to see what happens. I'm sure it'll be fine in a couple days.

Hey, don't say things like that.

These things are a lot more common than people would like to admit. And they should admit it. There is no safer way to destroy a neurodivergent person's chances at a bright future than denial on the parents' part.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shit that escalated quickly. Let's hope things improve.

For the guilt though, if it was spreading and they were concerned enough to bring you in in America, then they're worried too. Don't let that get to you.

She really could tell huh? 😛

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Good work. Rabbid Kong's a neat boss. I like the music.

Haven't made much of a try yet, want to ask does the map just respawn enemies every time I kill one or will it add more over time? Asking because that'll determine if I just leave the early ziggies be to focus on the goal.

And that's World 1, cleared Perfect.

Rabbid Kong took 8 turns due to bad crit luck I'd argue, only managed to 1-turn the first phase of him once the bananas were down. That besides, map was fun, if a bit annoying with the wave pushback the boss gets.