Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! You fail, Dayni. You fail at elitism.

In my defence twangy guitar of SMB 1-1's theme ambushed me.

If you do, give me a shout so I can tell you to use Luigi over and over.

The boss kidnapped Luigi, as a result I have Peach and Rabbid Peach in the party.

Ahh, the best medicine of all: patriotism. Wrap that leg in the American flag and it'll come out looking like Usain Bolt's leg.

He's from Jamaica though........

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

In my defence twangy guitar of SMB 1-1's theme ambushed me.

The worst kind of ambush spawn.

The boss kidnapped Luigi, as a result I have Peach and Rabbid Peach in the party.

Yeah, well, after that.

He's from Jamaica though........

Irrelevant. The entire world celebrates the 4th of July, right?

Fans: We want Almyra

KT: *shoves Almyra in*

I mean, GW was on fire with Claude schemes making the Empire look like Idiots, but then the Almyrans crashed the party and just as shoved in as Slytherin in SB.

I mean them attacking makes sense, but they are just given that one chapter early and the one midgame and that's it lol. Doesn't really add much. Unless we are getting more later but i doubt that.

Also apparently Almyra's king, ya know, Claude's Dad doesn't know where he is??? I am pretty sure that contradicts 3Houses in more ways than one. As even Nader doesn't.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

like Shez seems to have, she is literally just a gal.

Which i would've been fine with....

If she didn't get that one super important but super weirdly placed chapter right before finale... that really adds nothing and makes the lords look like they are in some kinda schoolyard scuffle and not a war with how chill they were lol.

If they wanted to make Shez a normal dude/tte, they should've removed the whole Arval thing and not made her an Agarthan.

She's still fun, but eh, she's more side character than mc

Edited by Shrimpy

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thanks everyone for your sympathies!😃

Seems like nobody can figure out how I got infected. I know I didn’t smash/cut/stub my foot, and I don’t recall seeing any bug bites. Must’ve been a really really really micro-wound. Freak event I suppose.😅

Waiting for my midnight IV now. The hospital isn’t overcrowded, so family asked b/c autistic for a private room, which I got. It ain’t so bad. Family brought me a slice of flag cake.🇺🇸🍰 Foot is no worse than before. Podiatrist said the antibiotic previously prescribed for me was the weakest of the options, I’m getting stronger stuff now. Turns out elevation and ice, while good for typical injuries, does nothing for infections. In a sense, this visit was inevitable.

It’s more annoying than anything. Being stuck inside a hospital during the pleasant summer days. I don’t notice my slight fever anymore, I feel fine. But then, I stand up and it’s “ah, ow, aaaaah!”.😕 And then, I look down and behold red-purple skin that you’d mistake for an untreated snakebite, accompanied by a “very mild rash red” that cover more than half of the top of the foot. It needs treatment. Yet, luckily, isn’t so physically debilitating as to drain my normal stamina. I’m as conscious, mindful, and physically capable minus one foot, as always.

Not going to quote anything though, tablet uses bothersome mobile SF formatting.

Sorry I didn't respond to this initially.

It could have been a condition that then got infected some time ago and only now has it escalated to a serious point. Regardless this is severe enough to need the response, good luck to you.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I mean, GW was on fire with Claude schemes making the Empire look like Idiots, but then the Almyrans crashed the party and just as shoved in as Slytherin in SB.

I mean them attacking makes sense, but they are just given that one chapter early and the one midgame and that's it lol. Doesn't really add much. Unless we are getting more later but i doubt that.

Also apparently Almyra's king, ya know, Claude's Dad doesn't know where he is??? I am pretty sure that contradicts 3Houses in more ways than one. As even Nader doesn't.

f24002f22818c2667ca611652f6dacea.gif

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ah, Nader. Another character I wish Hopes would've given more time to shine, as opposed to retreading the same arcs with the students again. He seems like he'd have a bit of potential, but he barely exists in either game. I guess Koei simply refused to give the time of day to a bearded man. Judith still baffles me though, she's waifuable, it makes absolutely no sense for them not to do it.

Shahid gave me Kempf vibes, except not written by the master of Kempf characters, so he's probably not as fun. Especially after seeing who I think is Kaga's best Kempf yet (I don't count Volcens, he's more important than Kempf and his lookalikes) in VS2. He's called Baruke and he's a wonderful, wonderful idiot.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

as opposed to retreading the same arcs with the students again.

Tbf, that's not what's happening here, we are mostly seeing a different side.

The Black Eagles have it about the same, qith Ferdie getting alot of extra scenes and development cementing him once again as best Black Eagles. Monica, a new addition, is Edelgard's Faye lol. Just a freaking simp, and the worst of the lord simps as all her supports even revolve around her imperial waifuness.

The Golden Deer have it worse. Much worse. Claude doesn't have the time to shed his walls down, Ignatz has to leave his Artist dreams behind, Marianne never grows out of her depresso phase, Lys is more set on her fate than ever and doesn't really control her emotions, Lorenz mistrusts Claude much more, etc.

They are the ones must hurt by the lack of academy, as they didn't really get their development and got shoved into a war.

It's an exciting different side to the characters, and honestly interesting if a bit depressing.

It shows how important the year at the academy was for everyone of them. Especially Claude

The Lions on the other hand have it better from what little i saw. Dimitri is more mentally sound, Felix controls himself more, Annette sees her father again and they grow into their roles as noble heirs nicely. We see a different side, one where the edge of Dimitri doesn't overshadow their lives, yet the war is still dangerous.

Some characterization here and there is weird, but for the most part it's working really well.

I have more problems with the story atm and how stuff that should be fleshed out more or have more attention gets shoved in and/or placed weirdly.

Also the story beats... are pretty damn similar, atleast between SB and GD.

Also in both routes everytime the story startes escalating something happens that makes us retreat/go back.

Or maybe i qm just salty i don't get to see Claude styling on the empire more lol

Edited by Shrimpy

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Tbf, that's not what's happening here, we are mostly seeing a different side.

The Black Eagles have it about the same, qith Ferdie getting alot of extra scenes and development cementing him once again as best Black Eagles. Monica, a new addition, is Edelgard's Faye lol. Just a freaking simp, and the worst of the lord simps as all her supports even revolve around her imperial waifuness.

The Golden Deer have it worse. Much worse. Claude doesn't have the time to shed his walls down, Ignatz has to leave his Artist dreams behind, Marianne never grows out of her depresso phase, Lys is more set on her fate than ever and doesn't really control her emotions, Lorenz mistrusts Claude much more, etc.

They are the ones must hurt by the lack of academy, as they didn't really get their development and got shoved into a war.

It's an exciting different side to the characters, and honestly interesting if a bit depressing.

It shows how important the year at the academy was for everyone of them. Especially Claude

The Lions on the other hand have it better from what little i saw. Dimitri is more mentally sound, Felix controls himself more, Annette sees her father again and they grow into their roles as noble heirs nicely. We see a different side, one where the edge of Dimitri doesn't overshadow their lives, yet the war is still dangerous.

Some characterization here and there is weird, but for the most part it's working really well.

That's neat, I suppose. I'd heard Bernie was the same all over again (again), but it's good to know the rest go for different things. Still, I really do wish they let the secondaries have a chance to shine rather than just focus on giving the students dark timelines, a one-dimensional simp for Edelgard and a one-dimensional hypeman for Hilda.

...and Rodrigue. Rodrigue is kind of an anomaly. They removed all the old men from Three Houses, and then added two new ones. What, do they have a hard cap for old folks at Koei? I've no idea what they do with Rodrigue. He didn't really have a character in the original, most he ever was was a plot device to rush Dimitri's character evolution forward. If you get to Azure Gleam anytime soon, do let me know how it handles him.

I have more problems with the story atm and how stuff that should be fleshed out more or have more attention gets shoved in and/or placed weirdly.

Also the story beats... are pretty damn similar, atleast between SB and GD.

Also in both routes everytime the story startes escalating something happens that makes us retreat/go back.

Or maybe i qm just salty i don't get to see Claude styling on the empire more lol

Well, I guess it's technically FE. FE has never excelled at storytelling, has it?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Official English name is You Will Know Our Names - Finale. For reference, Xenoblade 2's You Will Recall Our Names in JP was actually just Those who Bear Their Names - Again and it seems the English localization is gonna follow up on the Japanese naming convention....which is a little bit disappointing. 

The song itself is also......a bit underwhelming. Like it'll grow on me probably (and it is still good tbf) but it feels like Those Who Stand Against Our Path, the UM theme that played for Gormott and Uraya UMs in Xenoblade 2. I'd say this one is also an "early UM theme" but based on it's title, i don't think it is. It also probably isn't the whole thing, i think there's more after the cutoff but compared to You Will Know Our Names and You Will Recall Our Names, it's kinda weak. And of course, Uncontrollable is still king.

Interesting use of Finale tho. I doubt this will be the last Xenoblade game (i will not allow this series to end until we get full closure on Xenoblade X) but it's definitely being the finale of this trilogy i think. Where Takahashi will go with the series after finally fulfilling the mythical Episode 6, i do not know.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seems like nobody can figure out how I got infected. I know I didn’t smash/cut/stub my foot, and I don’t recall seeing any bug bites. Must’ve been a really really really micro-wound. Freak event I suppose.😅

A friend of mine also just got an infection out of nowhere, though in his case it was his ear. Doesn't know how it happened, wasn't anywhere where he thinks he may have gotten it, it just simply happened.

So it does seem like some infections really do just be like that.

Glad to know that, despite the hospitalization, you generally feel well. Hopefully that's a sign of a speedy recovery.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ninty doesn't like to give up its precious chicken of the golden eggs to just anyone.

Then why did they give the Mario movie rights to Illumination?

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

So what you're saying is Three Hopes was written by Reddit?

Sounds like another story that was written by Reddit, like The Rise of Skywal- ok no, i doubt it's gotten to those levels.

If they wanted to make Shez a normal dude/tte, they should've removed the whole Arval thing and not made her an Agarthan.

Had to throw in the Sothis counterpart in there somehow.

Oh wait, did Edelgard declare war way earlier in the timeline in this? Cause i thought the implication was that, for the most part, academy phase still happened but Byleth wasn't there because he didn't turn Shez into a hashtag.

Edited by Armagon

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh wait, did Edelgard declare war way earlier in the timeline in this? Cause i thought the implication was that, for the most part, academy phase still happened but Byleth wasn't there because he didn't turn Shez into a hashtag.

Due to all the stuff that happens in Chapter 3 of each route, Rhea closes the academy early and sends everyone home. As a result, Edelgard has extra time to prepare and declares war in 1182 instead.

Though it's not clear how much of Part I happened in my experience. Monica gets rescued and Tomas gets outed as Solon early, so presumably the Flame Emperor and TWSITD business didn't happen here.

CRITSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

DAMM YOU!

Edit: The perfect was lost on the tightest of margins. I am restarting.

It hurts.

Edited by Awoken Dayni

Well that was not rushed at all

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

a one-dimensional hypeman for Hilda.

Hype deserved tho lol

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So what you're saying is Three Hopes was written by Reddit?

Yes lmao

Ok it's not all bad, but they tried way too hard to listen to fancomplaints and it's backfiring imo

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

academy phase still happened

Nope. Due to internal troubles of each nation academy closes after less than 2 months.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ok it's not all bad, but they tried way too hard to listen to fancomplaints and it's backfiring imo

In the end its just poor writing obviously. Xd

Answering fan complaints is something they struggle with handling the "right" way.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Nope. Due to internal troubles of each nation academy closes after less than 2 months.

And where were these internal troubles in the original timeline?

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And where were these internal troubles in the original timeline?

Byleth'd

Nah, without Byleth, Edel was able to install Jeritza as an instructor. Using him, she was able to save Monica (by disguising it as a bandit mission) before she get's Kronya'd, and Thomas gets revealed to the church. After that she asks the church for help to deal with Arundel and Slytherin in the empire, and Rhea goes "sure homie". Meanwhile, Slytherin makes some trouble in the Kingdom, and Dimitri asks Rhea for help, where she gladly does that. Almyra somehow got to know of the trouble in the other nations, and so decide to invade the alliancw because they wouldn't get help because everyone is dealing with their troubles. With everyone dealing with their troubles home, Rhea gives everyone what kids dream of, school leave.

2 years after, Edelgard starts her same old conquest shtick, with even more lies this time.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Then why did they give the Mario movie rights to Illumination?

Nintendo have also proven to be profoundly stupid on a number of occasions.

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Hype deserved tho lol

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we both know how I feel about Hilda, so let's pull a thick veil over that can o' worms.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Nah, without Byleth, Edel was able to install Jeritza as an instructor. Using him, she was able to save Monica (by disguising it as a bandit mission) before she get's Kronya'd, and Thomas gets revealed to the church.

It still makes me sad that Koei decided to save the waifu and turn her into a character but let the old guy rot. Cowards. Wouldn't it be epic to have Tomas run around whacking enemies with a cane and an encyclopedia? Certainly better than another dumb obsessive character. Maybe they REALLY do have a hard cap for old men in their games...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

character

Calling her that is a bit of an overstatement

d4900902qk891.jpg

That's her entire character, supports included

No other character is like that in Fodlan, even the most boring of em has something else to them

Not her

The ending of Vestaria Saga 2 has at last been localized. The entire game is now translated.

I can now confirm that Athol is a better character in her 5 minutes of screentime in VS2 than she was in the entirety of VS1. So rejoice.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Calling her that is a bit of an overstatement

d4900902qk891.jpg

That's her entire character, supports included

No other character is like that in Fodlan, even the most boring of em has something else to them

Not her

...Well, fuck.

Now I'm even more sad we got her instead of Tomas. Tomas would 100% have been the "I'm old" character, but... Well, at least hitting things with a cane would've been fun.

And, y'know, Hanneman. Hanneman got the boot for this.

...Wow, I think I hate her already.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

On the other hand, a certain two characters' relationship has been ruined, because Kaga simply could not help but go for the ol' reliable "underaged step sister" kink. Goddamnit... ah well, swing and a miss. So far everyone else is getting pretty great endings, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I'm still going through a bit of a Fire Emblem burnout but when I get back into It I'll have to finish SoV and jump into Three Houses Finally.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It still makes me sad that Koei decided to save the waifu and turn her into a character but let the old guy rot. Cowards. Wouldn't it be epic to have Tomas run around whacking enemies with a cane and an encyclopedia? Certainly better than another dumb obsessive character. Maybe they REALLY do have a hard cap for old men in their games...

I dislike obsessive characters but can understand why they exist. Loneliness is a huge problem in Japan with most young people being too busy with work to hang out with friends or make new ones. The massive work culture and the stress it gives in Japan is why escapism is big there in general and companies like Nintendo and IS know that if they have characters that satisfy that fantasy, it will help skyrocket the sales.

It's sad really...

But not an excuse for making bad characters. I mean Tharja was an obsessive character and still managed to be pretty well written. Camilla never stood a chance.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tomas would 100% have been the "I'm old" character, but...

Impossible for him to be the “I’m old” character when Jeralt exists.

I know the game's out, but not all of us were planning on getting it Day one of never-

And they're on about 3 Copes.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I mean Tharja was an obsessive character and still managed to be pretty well written.

Still pretty bumpy though, especially around Noire.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I dislike obsessive characters but can understand why they exist. Loneliness is a huge problem in Japan with most young people being too busy with work to hang out with friends or make new ones. The massive work culture and the stress it gives in Japan is why escapism is big there in general and companies like Nintendo and IS know that if they have characters that satisfy that fantasy, it will help skyrocket the sales.

I'd argue that there's not much of an argument about that being meant for marketing reasons when they're not the focus of the marketing though. Was Monica a huge part of 3C's marketing? I feel like Tharja wasn't for Awakening as well, but my point is that if they're not being shown prominently obsessing than are they not making it for marketing reasons but because they want to write these characters.