Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the other hand, a certain two characters' relationship has been ruined, because Kaga simply could not help but go for the ol' reliable "underaged step sister" kink. Goddamnit... ah well, swing and a miss. So far everyone else is getting pretty great endings, at least.

It's Theo, isn't it? I've been dreading this ever since VS1.

We just can't have step siblings being just that. It's always the same song and dance.

At least Barts was like "Fuck you Kaga, we ain't doing that shit in this family."

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Still pretty bumpy though, especially around Noire.

Well written doesn't mean good.

That being said, it is off-putting that their relationship is a very abusive one despite being framed as otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I'd argue that there's not much of an argument about that being meant for marketing reasons when they're not the focus of the marketing though. Was Monica a huge part of 3C's marketing? I feel like Tharja wasn't for Awakening as well, but my point is that if they're not being shown prominently obsessing than are they not making it for marketing reasons but because they want to write these characters.

Fair, though you could say marketing is bigger than ads and promotional material. You can't deny that some people bought these just because of characters like Tharja and Camilla from hearing about it from their friends and people online.

Also slightly unrelated but is it just me, or is it an odd choice to put Tharja on the cover art for Awakening's 3DS box? Like every other character there either has a plot significance or is a base Shepard.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Fair, though you could say marketing is bigger than ads and promotional material. You can't deny that some people bought these just because of characters like Tharja and Camilla from hearing about it from their friends and people online.

Which is marketing the devs don't have that much control over.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Also slightly unrelated but is it just me, or is it an odd choice to put Tharja on the cover art for Awakening's 3DS box? Like every other character there either has a plot significance or is a base Shepard.

What about the guy at the bottom, in the back though?

On the cover art the non-shepherds are Marth, Tiki, Say'ri, Virion (He never expressly joined right?) and Flavia. Hmm, it's interesting that we get three characters who have some relevance in the Valm arc, but nobody specifically from the third arc. Who knows, if there was some intent for Tharja to have some character prominence in the third arc at some stage that could explain it if that was the reasons for them picking characters. But I'm probably pulling that out of where the sun doesn't shine.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I dislike obsessive characters but can understand why they exist. Loneliness is a huge problem in Japan with most young people being too busy with work to hang out with friends or make new ones. The massive work culture and the stress it gives in Japan is why escapism is big there in general and companies like Nintendo and IS know that if they have characters that satisfy that fantasy, it will help skyrocket the sales.

It's sad really...

People tend to forget, due to the influx of "cutesy" culture they produce, that Japan is a pretty terrible place to live. Never forget, their suicide rates are massive.

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Impossible for him to be the “I’m old” character when Jeralt exists.

Well, Jeralt's a guy that fights. This one would be THE ultimate old man. A guy with a literal cane!

29 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I know the game's out, but not all of us were planning on getting it Day one of never-

And they're on about 3 Copes.

...So sorry.

I'd argue that there's not much of an argument about that being meant for marketing reasons when they're not the focus of the marketing though. Was Monica a huge part of 3C's marketing? I feel like Tharja wasn't for Awakening as well, but my point is that if they're not being shown prominently obsessing than are they not making it for marketing reasons but because they want to write these characters.

So then, what? Do they just fail, is that it? I mean, wouldn't surprise me, it's Koei, but...

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's Theo, isn't it? I've been dreading this ever since VS1.

We just can't have step siblings being just that. It's always the same song and dance.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell...

Spoiler

Yep. Theo even was forced to spew out an EXTREMELY creepy line, for good measure.

Personally, I'm hoping Karajan beats the shit out of Theo when he starts acting like a shithead towards Emmie. Now there's an ending I'd love to see. It wouldn't even be completely out of nowhere, either! But I'll let you figure out why that is when the game comes out.

At least Barts was like "Fuck you Kaga, we ain't doing that shit in this family."

Kind of amazing that some of the most disgusting events Kaga's ever written lead to the one time he exercised some restraint.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I wouldn't call it "slightly unrelated" when the most obvious and plausible answer to this question is that in a certain way she was part of the marketing indeed, haha.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Darn it! Darn it! Darn it! I have to spend another night! I wasn’t expecting this.😩

The infection hasn’t declined yet, the red is still “angry” in the podiatrist’s words. They also want a foot MRI to check for an abscess (which might not happen until tomorrow b/c busy department). Which, if they do find one, means a trip to the operating room to drain it.😬 And if I keep my eyes open during said procedure, my foot won’t be the only thing drained.🤮

The IVs aren’t so bad though. It’s being confined in a small room that bothers me more. Hospital beds are cool tech, but awful to sleep on, I don’t think I got an hour in last night (doesn’t help that the pillows have no substance). I want my gaming laptop or Switch too, I’m so bored.🥱

Lastly, they concluded the culprit was athlete’s foot. A most mundane fungus infection caused by lack of proper foot hygiene. That gave the opportunity for cellulitis to slip in. How much I’ve goofed.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

46 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Kaga is a man of culture as usual

At least Karajan got a good conclusion. Can always rely on good ol' Karajan.

...Have I mentioned Karajan is the best thing ever yet?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Darn it! Darn it! Darn it! I have to spend another night! I wasn’t expecting this.😩

The infection hasn’t declined yet, the red is still “angry” in the podiatrist’s words. They also want a foot MRI to check for an abscess (which might not happen until tomorrow b/c busy department). Which, if they do find one, means a trip to the operating room to drain it.😬 And if I keep my eyes open during said procedure, my foot won’t be the only thing drained.🤮

The IVs aren’t so bad though. It’s being confined in a small room that bothers me more. Hospital beds are cool tech, but awful to sleep on, I don’t think I got an hour in last night. I want my gaming laptop or Switch too, I’m so bored.🥱

Lastly, they concluded the culprit was athlete’s foot. A most mundane fungus infection caused by lack of proper foot hygiene. That gave the opportunity for cellulitis to slip in. How much I’ve goofed.

Oof... Good luck. Hopefully the procedure won't be too uncomfortable.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The IVs aren’t so bad though. It’s being confined in a small room that bothers me more. Hospital beds are cool tech, but awful to sleep on, I don’t think I got an hour in last night. I want my gaming laptop or Switch too, I’m so bored.🥱

Oh boy. Take care of yourself and good luck.

And yeah i remember once having a foot infection...yikes. It was nowhere near that bad though. I have been paranoid ever since when getting injured tho

32 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

On the bright side: New Order of the Stick page dropped today.
https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1261.html

I love Oona. Always looking at the bright side of things.

n29e0dj.png

Jesus. I didn't follow it since the very beginning, but still. Jesus.

I'm still reading along, but I really need to binge through the entire thing at some point. It's tough to keep track of all the details from 5+ years ago :lol:

Just now, ping said:

n29e0dj.png

Jesus. I didn't follow it since the very beginning, but still. Jesus.

I'm still reading along, but I really need to binge through the entire thing at some point. It's tough to keep track of all the details from 5+ years ago :lol:

Yeah, hard to get into it now since it didn't actually have a story back then. Just a generic group of adventures going through a nondescript dungeon.

11 hours ago, ping said:

Why yes, I'm from a country where we say "Ice hockey", could you tell?

...There's more than one kind?

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, at least they've figured out the cause... Hopefully you feel better soon, though! It really sucks to be trapped by illness.

'Morning!

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Indeed. Hockey and Ice Hockey.
(de.wikipedia to prove the point ;):)

Ah, Field Hockey.

Right, I knew that existed. My brain's just pretty smol, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

What about the guy at the bottom, in the back though?

No idea, does he even appear in game? Must've been a mistake

People tend to forget, due to the influx of "cutesy" culture they produce, that Japan is a pretty terrible place to live. Never forget, their suicide rates are massive.

Japan and America are like the funniest friend in a circle.

They may bring the best entertainment, but they're hollow inside.

I wouldn't call it "slightly unrelated" when the most obvious and plausible answer to this question is that in a certain way she was part of the marketing indeed, haha.

I'd like to cite the amount of attention Tharja got post-Awakening but that's more because of her popularity among the fans rather than marketing through fanservice.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

On the cover art the non-shepherds are Marth, Tiki, Say'ri, Virion (He never expressly joined right?) and Flavia. Hmm, it's interesting that we get three characters who have some relevance in the Valm arc, but nobody specifically from the third arc. Who knows, if there was some intent for Tharja to have some character prominence in the third arc at some stage that could explain it if that was the reasons for them picking characters. But I'm probably pulling that out of where the sun doesn't shine.

That would be interesting and make a lot of sense. Perhaps they also just wanted a Plegian character to be on the cover and they just happened to choose Tharja over the others. Either way she stands out for being the only character on there that doesn't play a major part of the story nor is apart of the Shepherds from the beginning, in fact you can go through the entire game without recruiting her.

Order of the Stick has most certainly become pretty amazing over the literal decades, but considering it was a gradual process...

Like, even when it started having an actual plot, it was still focused on gags. So the pacing was still crap because progressing the story was less important.
And of course, those early gags are also fairly standard fare for webcomics of that era. Nothing particularly interesting about it if you read them now.

Never forget, their suicide rates are massive.

Well, this isn't entirely true- Japan is well behind countries such as the USA, Finland, Greenland, Sweden and Belgium, and is only slightly above the global average. It is lower than the average for high-income countries (Which Japan is), but not by very much. Its rates have gone down by a massive amount in the last decade too (From a nadir of 19.5/100k in 2009 to 12.2/100k in 2019), so it is showing marked improvement thanks to governmental involvement, and it certainly has been significantly worse in the past. However, this also seems to be a worldwide trend, thankfully! Awareness and teaching really can make a difference. Now we just need the US to jump on board that trend too...

I'm not saying that it's not a problem, because it really is something that all societies need to do better with- It's just that it Japan's societal problems are not nearly as outstanding as several other countries who need more awareness brought to their situations as well.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Nah, without Byleth, Edel was able to install Jeritza

But..... wasn't Jeritza already an instructor? Or did she make him instruct the Black Eagles specifically?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

can now confirm that Athol is a better character in her 5 minutes of screentime in VS2 than she was in the entirety of VS1. So rejoice.

0x0 is still 0.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you might've picked this up on one of the hikes you've gone on and it just..... didn't hit until now.

...I don't know how athlete's foot works.

Anyway, once again, I wish a speedy recovery.

Japan and America are like the funniest friend in a circle.

They may bring the best entertainment, but they're hollow inside.

Oof...

That would be interesting and make a lot of sense. Perhaps they also just wanted a Plegian character to be on the cover and they just happened to choose Tharja over the others. Either way she stands out for being the only character on there that doesn't play a major part of the story nor is apart of the Shepherds from the beginning, in fact you can go through the entire game without recruiting her.

Should've thrown best character Gangrel in there.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, this isn't entirely true- Japan is well behind countries such as the USA, Finland, Greenland, Sweden and Belgium, and is only slightly above the global average. It is lower than the average for high-income countries (Which Japan is), but not by very much. Its rates have gone down by a massive amount in the last decade too (From a nadir of 19.5/100k in 2009 to 12.2/100k in 2019), so it is showing marked improvement thanks to governmental involvement, and it certainly has been significantly worse in the past. However, this also seems to be a worldwide trend, thankfully! Awareness and teaching really can make a difference. Now we just need the US to jump on board that trend too...

I'm not saying that it's not a problem, because it really is something that all societies need to do better with- It's just that it Japan's societal problems are not nearly as outstanding as several other countries who need more awareness brought to their situations as well.

Oh... Well, interesting. Good that suicide's going down in the world in general, at least.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

0x0 is still 0.

True enough, but... Y'know, good effort, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...I don't know how athlete's foot works

Your skin peels a little, and it's a tad itchy. I usually get it from swimming, but I'm not sure exactly what causes it.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The IVs aren’t so bad though. It’s being confined in a small room that bothers me more. Hospital beds are cool tech, but awful to sleep on, I don’t think I got an hour in last night (doesn’t help that the pillows have no substance). I want my gaming laptop or Switch too, I’m so bored.🥱

Having an abscess that big, I just know I'd be bothering myself trying to deal with it if I wasn't told to stop before I hurt myself. I can easily imagine feeling like you have to empty your digestive system looking at it being emptied too.

Did they say you couldn't bring them in due to magnets or some other reason?

Athlete's foot fucking you over, that's unfortunate. But it's one reason to take notice of it and cure/prevent it I suppose.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, credit where credit is due, though. The Hopes version of Paths That Will Never Cross is pretty fire. I dig.

I feel like screwing that up would have been a bit much.