• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

So you might've picked this up on one of the hikes you've gone on and it just..... didn't hit until now.

...I don't know how athlete's foot works.

Anyway, once again, I wish a speedy recovery.

I’m not a hiker, like Ruben has happily reluctantly become. I get tired walking inside a museum or a botanic garden.😆

I’ve most likely just been failing to not scrub between my not very sweaty toes well enough, providing the moist and impure environment for fungi to coalesce. -Sayeth the person who feels guilt over not flossing for the past few days.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Oh boy. Take care of yourself and good luck.

And yeah i remember once having a foot infection...yikes. It was nowhere near that bad though. I have been paranoid ever since when getting injured tho

Fortunately, an infectious disease doctor did come in and say there probably isn’t an abscess (definitely not the Shin Megami Tensei V kind at least). But doctors need to be cautious. And being just a foot, I probably won’t need to go more than feet-in into the claustrophobic MRI machine, and would hopefully need closer to the minimum of like fifteen minutes, I guess.

5 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Having an abscess that big, I just know I'd be bothering myself trying to deal with it if I wasn't told to stop before I hurt myself.

And this is where we differ, my Irish Aspie. I’d be too paranoid to do as little as touching it.😬

5 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Did they say you couldn't bring them in due to magnets or some other reason?

Nah, I just didn’t think to bring it. We were panicked on day 1 and didn’t assume I’d be staying.

The laptop has to stay home. Too big, too expensive. I did get the Switch brought to me though, and got to dying to the light blue E.M.M.I., I didn’t count how many times. It was frequent however, and the Omega Cannon shot was pure luck.😄

Video games are made for hospitals. Great to have access to them again.😌 As the infection has slightly grown, there is the chance I’ll need another day here, so vas are essential. I’ve been swapped to a different antibiotic, perhaps it’ll be more effective.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I’m not a hiker, like Ruben has happily reluctantly become. I get tired walking inside a museum or a botanic garden.😆

Oops, i thought you were haha.

Like i knew Ruben did it, i just must gotten confused with some other thing and thought you went on occasional hikes too.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Darn it! Darn it! Darn it! I have to spend another night! I wasn’t expecting this.😩

The infection hasn’t declined yet, the red is still “angry” in the podiatrist’s words. They also want a foot MRI to check for an abscess (which might not happen until tomorrow b/c busy department). Which, if they do find one, means a trip to the operating room to drain it.😬 And if I keep my eyes open during said procedure, my foot won’t be the only thing drained.🤮

The IVs aren’t so bad though. It’s being confined in a small room that bothers me more. Hospital beds are cool tech, but awful to sleep on, I don’t think I got an hour in last night (doesn’t help that the pillows have no substance). I want my gaming laptop or Switch too, I’m so bored.🥱

Lastly, they concluded the culprit was athlete’s foot. A most mundane fungus infection caused by lack of proper foot hygiene. That gave the opportunity for cellulitis to slip in. How much I’ve goofed.

I hope you get well soon and everything works out! Take care and all that. I can’t say I know anything about athlete’s foot.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

OH BRUH, THIS IS A GOOD DEAL

For how much of surprise success this game has been, it sure goes on sale a lot.

Too bad Xenoblade though

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hey, I get tired walking inside a museum or a botanic garden too. I just climb hills and power through it because I am profoundly stupid.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nah, I just didn’t think to bring it. We were panicked on day 1 and didn’t assume I’d be staying.

The laptop has to stay home. Too big, too expensive. I did get the Switch brought to me though, and got to dying to the light blue E.M.M.I., I didn’t count how many times. It was frequent however, and the Omega Cannon shot was pure luck.😄

Video games are made for hospitals. Great to have access to them again.😌 As the infection has slightly grown, there is the chance I’ll need another day here, so vas are essential. I’ve been swapped to a different antibiotic, perhaps it’ll be more effective.

Good that you've some entertainment now, at least. Hang in there, buddy!

Managed to beat World 2's boss, went back to fight the hidden level and the level where they reused the minibosses is where I'm at.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

OH BRUH, THIS IS A GOOD DEAL

I need to check the price here again, because that's pretty good and the physical copy is just a download code.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The blue EMMI, ah how I remember that one jump I kept on messing up.

Can't do much but hope it the infection slows down.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

22 days more days until Barzelphen Saga.

Engaging in acts of dubious morality for profit.

However, worry not. War profiteering is for the good of the prople!

Man, GW is a damn fucking mess.

First half? Kino, probably peak Fodlan.

Second half? A fucking mess. Almyra an afterthought, Claude becomes a dumb version of Edelgard, and everything is damn rushed.

It's like they thought

"Let's give the fans the Claude they thought they wanted and some Almyra mixed in"

Because dear god this is bad. He ain't scheming any more like in the first half of the route, he is just plain moronic to make him "grey" (more like plain dark lol).

What's worse their only idea to make him grey is by Edelgard'ing him, when they had the whole Almyra angle they could use instead.

Golden Wildfire 2nd half is really just Crimson Flowers but with Claude.

Edited by Shrimpy

FW9zxNVVsAAFxT-?format=jpg&name=large

Yo these renders are clean.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did get the Switch brought to me though, and got to dying to the light blue E.M.M.I., I didn’t count how many times. It was frequent however, and the Omega Cannon shot was pure luck.😄

Wish you luck on the Purple EMMI. Navigating it's Zone is way easier if you get the Gravity Suit but that's a sequence break.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Too bad Xenoblade though

Actually it's early enough in the month that i could start it. Finish it, uhhhhh, there's a chance i'd finish it before SRW 30 but i won't deny it could become a post-XB3 game.

Plus i want to get a A Link Between Worlds too, i was convinced to after listening to this song again

You know you're a good villain when your theme song chants your own name.

This month could very well be: Mario + Rabbids, ALBW, Gunvolt 3 and Xenoblade 3.

The latter two have increased priority obviously, though they're at the end of the month so it's fine.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Kinda funny Hopes is the game that is making me go "i don't want routes in FE anymore"

Funnily enough, i remember my desire to play this game just go down the drain when the second trailer came out and said "routes".

I'll take an FE10 approach but beyond that, just go to a singular story please. We haven't had one since Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fates in 2015.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Shrimpy said:

i want next FE to be something crazy and colorful again. Pull a fates for all i care aslong as it's experimental enough and the gameplay i fun i won't mind.

What gameplay functions in particular would appeal to you?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What gameplay functions in particular would appeal to you?

dunno give us something new & crazy.

Something on the same levels as Dragon veins, pair up, etc. But different

then again i will be happy with Fates gameplay 2.0 as well

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

dunno give us something new & crazy.

Something on the same levels as Dragon veins, pair up, etc. But different

then again i will be happy with Fates gameplay 2.0 as well

Not as specific as i would have liked but that's alright. XD

How do you define "exotic"? Like, FE4 Holy Weapons level of exotic?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

E4 Holy Weapons level of exotic?

Those aren't nearly exotic enough . These are just powerful weapons with stat bonuses (and sometimes skill)

Some weapons in Berwick and Vestaria are quite exotic, but even then i think the envelope can be pushed further

Soooo basically, you want Vestaria Saga 2?

...well actually, mechanically it doesn't quite push things in the pair up/dragon vein way. It's completely insane in other ways, but not quite mechanically.

What you really want is Vandal Hearts 2.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Those aren't nearly exotic enough . These are just powerful weapons with stat bonuses (and sometimes skill)

Some weapons in Berwick and Vestaria are quite exotic, but even then i think the envelope can be pushed further

Don't forget the Holy Blood Weapon lock attached to them.

How far would you be willing to take those numbers?

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Don't forget the Holy Blood Weapon lock attached to them.

How far would you be willing to take those numbers?

It's less about numbers and more about abilities and mechanics

For example: Imagine a terrain changing weapon. Or a magic reflector shield, or an illusion weapon, etc.

Edited by Shrimpy

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, all that talk made me scrub extra sure my feet while showering... just in case...

Sorry if I’ve been TMI?😅

-Just chillin this morning, waiting for the MRI (they’re busy, it takes a while, have more important patients, I get it). Things haven’t improved just yet, but it’s not any worse, I’ll take that. I’m quite comfortable with my temporary abode now.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Plus i want to get a A Link Between Worlds too, i was convinced to after listening to this song again

You know you're a good villain when your theme song chants your own name.

“Get”? I had the impression you already played LBW before? Borrowed it or sold it afterwards?

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Get”? I had the impression you already played LBW before? Borrowed it or sold it afterwards?

I had it, got it a few months after launch. Last I played it was like in 2015 and then it became a casualty of me trying to get a launch day Switch (basically I sold it for funds).

Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 7, and Fire Emblem Awakening were also casualties, I've recently recovered two of them as you may be aware tho.