Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Also, the game absolutely sucks in making Edelgard and Claude not look like complete assholes.

Edelgard: Reforms

Rhea: *Does nothing*

Edel: *declares war and blames corruption on them after Rhea helped her deal with corruption*

But being anti-church is like Edel's thing, so sure.

But then

Rhea: *Sends aid to duscur, takes in foreigners and handles Cyril like a son*

Claude: THEY ARE RACIST MOTHERFUCKERS KILL EM!

Me:?????

Ah, there's more

Dimitri: "My kingdom is unstable, it's people conservative and i lack popular support. I will take my time to reform as to not cause a civil war"

Edelgard: "THEY ARE PRO STATUS QUO ATTACK THEM"

Claude: "THEY ARE HELPING THE ORIGIN OF RACISM TAKE EM OUT"

Like bro, how could Dimitri even start reforming when you keep attacking him. There's even a line in SB that implies that if it wasn't for the war he could've worked together with Edel to reform because he agrees with her lol.

Edel and Claude are just total assholes in this game. Rhea legit is only helping people, and Dimitri is on the defending side all the time and wants to live in peace and kill himself

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

MRI was deemed unnecessary and got canceled, yay! Chance I’ll be leaving tomorrow, if not, then the day after for sure.

Also, yay! Glad that it seems like it's all gonna blow over just fine.

Edited by Benice

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I am looking forward to it, but XB3 as well lol.

I might get it on release, but won't be able to play it day 1.

Hey, all jokes aside, you know I get it. Play it when you can. Just be sure to let me know so I can bully you into using Karajan! Not that there's a bench in VS2, but still! I gotta shill my Karadude!

Problem is, first half of the route? Some peake Fodlan, nay, Peak Fire Emblem stuff.

Then the mid way point hits and they rush through some BIG events, Claude becomes a big moron for the sake of "moral grayness", and now i am in Crimson Flower Claude edition.

It fucking sucks that they just Edelgard'd Claude instead of expanding Almyra and using that to make him more shady instead of just retreading the same points like CF. Almyra is instead completely shoved aside, again.

And ah, Slytherin are being even more random here. Like what the fuck, dude, they are straight up idiotic. But everyone being a moron is like, the motto of Golden Wildfire Part 2.

They gave fans a grey Claude, but they made him a complete moron while doing so. Those who hated Claude before now like him because "haha warcrimes"

A shame, because his schemes were so enjoyable in Part 1. Legit styling on the Empire before Almyra got forced in

...you know, I probably WOULD like him better here. In 3H he frustrated me to no end, because he has that "arrogant, smug ass that is validated by the story" type of personality that I absolutely despise, and he was also a glorified secondary because Koei didn't know what to do with him.

Him being this poorly written, however, brings him closer to Garon. Which is good, for me.

...again, though, that really is too bad. Unrealized potential is the name of the game for Fodlan, sadly.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Buy what now?

...Huh.

I think that I shall pass. I'm not that far down the hole yet, I haven't bought the V-Tubers Milkers Mousepads yet...

Don't fall into the abyss, friend! Remember the words of Wraith, before he died tragically, as all old men must in every story!

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Also, the game absolutely sucks in making Edelgard and Claude not look like complete assholes.

Edelgard: Reforms

Rhea: *Does nothing*

Edel: *declares war and blames corruption on them after Rhea helped her deal with corruption*

But being anti-church is like Edel's thing, so sure.

But then

Rhea: *Sends aid to duscur, takes in foreigners and handles Cyril like a son*

Me:?????

Ah, there's more

Dimitri: "My kingdom is unstable, it's people conservative and i lack popular support. I will take my time to reform as to not cause a civil war"

Edelgard: "THEY ARE PRO STATUS QUO ATTACK THEM"

Claude: "THEY ARE HELPING THE ORIGIN OF RACISM TAKE EM OUT"

Like bro, how could Dimitri even start reforming when you keep attacking him. There's even a line in SB that implies that if it wasn't for the war he could've worked together with Edel to reform because he agrees with her lol.

Edel and Claude are just total assholes in this game. Rhea legit is only helping people, and Dimitri is on the defending side all the time and wants to live in peace

Oh God what have I done. Now I have a gameplay guy and a Fodlan fan ranting at me about how bad Hopes is.

Now watch me unironically enjoy it because Ruben

and kill himself

Also wat

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Him being this poorly written, however, brings him closer to Garon. Which is good, for me.

He is more compared to Nemesis.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also wat

Spoiler

LQlAHhP.png

Dimitri when facing himself in a dumb Slytherin Chapter

oZ8OWpR.png

after killing his illusion

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

He is more compared to Nemesis.

You mean the guy who just plain doesn't exist in Three Hopes?

...I mean, not that his Houses appearance made any sense or served nay purpose, but, y'know.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:
  Hide contents

LQlAHhP.png

Dimitri when facing himself in a dumb Slytherin Chapter

oZ8OWpR.png

after killing his illusion

...wow.

The execution thing you showed me before really was a terrible example. He's absolutely fucked up, just... In a different way, this time.

He definitely should pick up the boar cloak again though. That massive scarf does not suit him, he looks so awkward. And I've seen the 3D model - it looks just as made of concrete as Garon's beard ahahaha

You mean the guy who just plain doesn't exist in Three Hopes?

Claude took his role lol

...I mean, not that his Houses appearance made any sense or served nay purpose, but, y'know

The purpose was that Nemesis represented the lies of the past and by defeating him Claude, the one who discovered the truth, will turn Fodlan towards the future.

In Hopes Claude just becomes a good old liar instead of finding the truth

He's absolutely fucked up, just... In a different way, this time.

Yeah he is still fucked up, but it's more under the skin this time because he dealt with his uncle early so he can focus on other stuff and it doesn't overshadow him.

However it's still there

Edited by Shrimpy

By the way @Saint Rubenio, I've just started Yakuza Kiwami, and, uh...

Yeah, it's hard. Kiryu's much more balanced, the upgrade system is completely changed and makes the combat feel different, the bosses have more interesting movesets, money's harder to come by, and Beast isn't extremely broken anymore! Still feels really satisfying, though, and it lets you charge your attacks more, meaning that you can get some really funny bounces. I've already died... Eight times, I think? It's been really close for a lot of fights too.

Don't wanna force you to play it, of course, but I know you were considering it; I can at least affirm that you won't find it too easy based on what I've played.

I committed a grave sin and finished Trails of Cold Steel the other day, I'll have to mention it eventually so I might as well do it now. At this rate I'll finish the series before Benice finishes the first game, not that there's any rush. Here are a bunch of random disorganized thoughts for posterity:

Spoiler

Vivi best girl

It turns out Cold Steel is just Three Houses, but with giant robots at the end. 3H technically had giant robots too, but they weren’t important to the plot.

Rean is cool, but worse than Estelle because he doesn’t say as many funny things. Everyone else is cool too and I like how you get to know everyone as a team, but everyone also does their own thing during free days. Fie is adorable and I want to adopt her. Hearing Towa say “You did a great job, Rean!” gives me life.

The voice acting is very good, now I can see how Carrie Keranen got cast as Misato Katsuragi.

Rean and Alisa are very cute together but it would be nice if you could date Claire or Sharon.

I like the hub and field study system because it ensures that you don't spend too much time in one place. The field studies giving you a fixed party also gives you time to use every character. The worldbuilding is on-point as usual, it’s nice that you get time to familiarize yourself with each of Erebonia’s eastern settlements (you visit the western half in CSIII and IV I think). There’s even an in-universe reason for the party to follow the bracer M.O. Yes, we get to be cops!

The combat felt a bit tedious at first, but it got easier as more arts and crafts became available. There were still some battles I struggled with, like some of the Old Schoolhouse bosses (but oddly enough, not the Sixth Floor one) and the fight with C in Chapter 6.

The character note is good, it helps you keep track of the Thors cast and makes everyone more memorable. Too bad you can’t complete it on your first playthrough though.

I thought Laura would have a more personal reason for not liking Fie as a jaeger (like her mother was killed by jaegers or something similar), but it apparently was just a ideological thing.

It appears Gaius is the only main character to not have any dead relatives.

Patrick is a chad, hopefully he will win Elise’s heart someday. Even Angelica winning Elise’s heart would be preferable to her dating Rean.

It was nice to meet Olivert’s family and learn more about Erebonia’s political situation, embelishing on what was established in Sky the 3rd. Going in I assumed House Arseid would be one of the Four Great Noble Houses, it actually isn’t… I'm also not used to seeing Olivert act so dignified most of the time, but at least he offers to rip his shirt off every now and then.

While Osborne is around and presented as a bad dude, he oddly isn't the main villain and his opponents are the main drivers of the plot. It seems he’ll have to wait for his shot as main villain. Speaking of, while I knew he would get shot at some point thanks to Sooks, I assumed it would happen at the trade conference. The fact that it didn't eliminated Towa as the main suspect. Maybe Osborne let himself get shot to give his faction the moral high ground.

The Ironbloods seem to be Osborne’s elite minions, rather than a full crew of personal soldiers like I assumed when I first heard the name. It appears Millium, Claire, and Lechter are the only members, at least that I know of. Sara refers to Lechter as Claire’s ‘brother’ once, so maybe they were children who Osborne kidnapped… I mean, took in for training. Lechter doesn't get much screentime here, probably because he's busy finding ways to look up Kloe's skirt in Crossbell.

Speaking of which, I don't feel too spoiled about what will happen in Crossbell, mainly because you don't learn how and why any of that bad stuff is happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if Godzilla shows up at some point however. Overall the game spoiled me less than Sooks did. A person playing the game when it first released in English in 2015 would probably wonder why Crossbell is brought up so much, even if they played SC beforehand and saw it mentioned there.

C is cool because he dresses like Darth Vader, and I have an affinity for mysterious masked villains in general. And of course he turns out to be the optimal bounce vectors man himself, which is apparently the worst kept secret in the series. I might've thought C was Cedric if I didn't know that however. It sure was unfortunate that the party didn’t figure out his identity until it was too late. Dang it Millium, how much tax money goes to your allowance?

Going in I thought Crow might be related to Hamel somehow because he has the same hair and eye color as Loewe, but apparently he's from Jurai instead. That makes sense because it doesn't seem like Osborne had any involvement with the Hamel incident.

I wasn’t expecting Bleublanc to show up in his civilian disguise, but he’s even more fabulous with voice acting.

All this time I assumed the Second Anguis would be the main villain of Trails to Azure because the final boss theme of that game is "The Azure Arbitrator" and I knew her title was "the Azure Abyss", so imagine my surprise when she showed up in this game. Even if I've come to be suspicious of seemingly unimportant side characters by now, I wasn't expecting Vita to be one of the Anguis (and if she was, I'd think it would be revealed in the next game since C is already a twist villain). That doesn't mean she can't also appear in Azure, but it would make Vita being presented as a twist villain here rather strange. I previously thought the Second Anguis was male for some reason, so maybe TtA’s main villain is a different Anguis (but that would still make the Azure theming unusual).

I wonder if they’ll explain why Vita was goofing off in Trista for the whole game. Weissmann had a good reason to be fixated on Joshua at least. Maybe it’s because Valimar was there?

Speaking of Ouroboros, I didn't expect for Sharon to be Enforcer No. IX. I previously dismissed Ouroboros as a possibility for her other employer because she made an allusion to "that workshop", which I assumed at the time to be the Thirteen Factories. Thankfully Sharon is "on leave" at the moment, so she's still on our side. I hope she made Renne lots of tasty treats back when they were in the society together.

I imagine a Sept-Terrion will be important to the next game, but here they’re only mentioned once, by Instructor Thomas during the last day. Is he secretly evil too?

There are giant robots now, making Cold Steel a remake of Xenogears during the last 20 minutes. The Divine Knights are yet another thing to keep track of. Was there another Divine Knight in Lohengrin Castle, which is why it was all glowy like the Old Schoolhouse?

I think the cliffhanger ending here didn’t feel as strange as FC’s did, because in this case it doesn’t feel like the game ended in the middle of a scene.

Lastly Kloe gets a mention and Rixia gets a cameo so the game is a 10/10. But Vivi didn’t wear a bikini like she promised so the score goes down to 8/10.

Here’s an image of Rixia for those who somehow read this whole thing.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Speaking of cold stuff, there is Nintendo-themed ice cream now.

And amazingly, there's more than just Mario. When are we going to get Three Houses themed ice cream? The Golden Deer would get lemon ice cream with graham crackers and a cinnamon swirl I think.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

MRI was deemed unnecessary and got canceled, yay! Chance I’ll be leaving tomorrow, if not, then the day after for sure.

Congratulations! Hopefully you can do something enjoyable when you get out.

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The combat felt a bit tedious at first, but it got easier as more arts and crafts became available. There were still some battles I struggled with, like some of the Old Schoolhouse bosses (but oddly enough, not the Sixth Floor one) and the fight with C in Chapter 6.

With AT delay crafts, how did this end up happening?

Suicide Squad exists.

Okay, I know that sounds like an insult, but when you consider the sheer Glut of MCU, any other superhero stuff definitely feels extraneous when at least some of the MCU stuff feels that way. But even then, it's not like the film does everything perfectly. Now they make some fun choices and take some deep cuts in the minor characters, but there were quite a few characters I could have seen cut from the movie with no big loss and one I actively cared about watching. Stylistic flair in graphics (such as styled lettering) gets used on occasion but it feels like this film was trying to be subdued about it compared to the films it's sorta sequel to to the point they were unneeded. Action scenes in this are pretty gratuitous, but not surprising when they got an R rating. The threats in this one are pretty opposite..... but eh, it's late and I don't have much to put here to be honest.

Honestly I don't have much else to add, film's fine and I wish it did more with questioning US foreign policy, I want more Ratcatcher, tell DC we want Ratcatcher in the inevitable Batman sequel.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ya know, this is a humbling experience. Makes one think about the unfortunate souls who spend weeks and years in the hospital with far, far worse ailments. And what loved ones of said individuals have to deal with too. If I complain of so little time “wasted”, then I couldn’t possibly bear with the tragic fates of others. Never stop being grateful for having good health. Don’t forget to offer condolences to those without it. And respect the workers who treat the maladies and or provide the little amenities that make life a pinch more comfortable for those who lack comfort.

The hospital soon I hope

One thing about hospitals is that you'd both want to be there if necessary but also don't want to be there, because of the obvious problems in being there for an extended period. Naturally the chance to get out at least will be a good thing. And of course those working in that environment have much to deal with too.

I just remembered the period my granny had to go in for a long stretch years ago, there were some questions then but I remember the time I came up, with her and my granddad sitting together and just letting the morning pass by.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Rean is cool

Boo.

Everyone else is cool too

Boooooooo.

and I like how you get to know everyone as a team

How? The class is always split up and the game only focuses on like, two (extremely forced) playable character relationships that don’t involve Rean.

Hearing Towa say “You did a great job, Rean!” gives me life.

This is acceptable though.

Speaking of, while I knew spoiler thanks to Sooks

Really? Huh, don’t remember that.

And in my defense, you would have already known that at this point if you’d played Azure first—

Overall the game spoiled me less than Sooks did.

Wow, when did all this happen? Oh well, it’s just Cold Steel 1’s plot, nothing of value was lost.

That doesn't mean she can't also appear in Azure, but it would make spoiler being presented as a twist villain here rather strange.

There are several plot beats framed as surprising that wouldn’t be to anyone who’d already played Crossbell.

I think the cliffhanger ending here didn’t feel as strange as FC’s did, because in this case it doesn’t feel like the game ended in the middle of a scene.

This is funny because it’s the exact opposite of my opinion.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh

Not for nothing, but Three Hopes's story is apparently so bad that it's gotten a through-and-through gameplay guy to rant at me about the horribleness of the plot on Discord.

Multiple times.

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel at least a little schadenfreude about this.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

look

Golden Wildfire made me wanna play Fates

FATES

Feeling really vindicated in passing on this game.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The redux with Dread’s first boss is difficult. Needs to give away more health pickups, haven’t beaten it on Rookie, definitely couldn’t trounce it were I playing higher. Too much durability undermines the predictable attacks.

The.....redux, what? 

Spoiler

Wait, is it Experiment? Cause that's actually not an X-ified Corpius, that's actually the corpse of something else you may have seen on the way to Burenia from Dairon.

I'm assuming you already got the Gravity Suit by this point, if not, don't click.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chance I’ll be leaving tomorrow, if not, then the day after for sure.

Good to hear man 👍

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

I really need to know the context behind this. I mean, you said it, but I require elaboration.

There are giant robots now, making Cold Steel a remake of Xenogears

I forget where I put it but I put a Weltall/Valimar comparison and they're like the same thing. Same pose, same UI, can't believe Trails is ripping off Xeno smh.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And in my defense, you would have already known that at this point if you’d played Azure first—

I think Lightchao is waiting for the official English release.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I think Lightchao is waiting for the official English release.

Yeah, he’s said that multiple times, I’m just being annoying.

But now that he’s played CS1, he should continue on to CS2 next anyway.

This all sounds a lot like Samurai Warriors, where every single historical figure is presented as being purely altruistic, desiring nothing more then to end all the war and bloodsheed, despite this not making any sense with them constantly killing each other.

Edited by BrightBow

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Feeling really vindicated in passing on this game

Gameplay still hella fun, and scarlet blaze only really fumbles at the end (& Slytherin) and has some kino politics. It's Golden Wildfire 2nd half where they dropped the ball hard imo. No verdict on AG yet from me.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I really need to know the context behind this. I mean, you said it, but I require elaboration

Claude is blaming all the racism and xenophobia in Fodlan on Rhea, and thinks by killing her ve can eliminate that.

Despite Rhea basically adopting an Almyran, giving aid to duscur, having multipe foreigners and non-believers in her employ, supports mention how Rhea forbids forcing her teachings on outsiders, and how she sees all life as born equal (or something along these lines).

Basically Claude claims Rhea is CEO of racism while nothing in the game actually points towards that. Even Claude himself in 3 houses denies such accusations on Seiros teachings lol

Edited by Shrimpy

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Basically Claude claims Rhea is CEO of racism while nothing in the game actually points towards that. Even Claude himself in 3 houses denies such accusations on Seiros teachings lol

Yeah this seems like a complete 180 twice over on his character.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah this seems like a complete 180 twice over on his character.

The idea itself ain't bad. Claude never spent time in the monasteey so he never grows out of his preconceptions (he was a sceptic in 3H if you remember) and never shed his walls down.

The problem is:

* They made Claude dum dum

* We already got the anti church route twice in CF and SB. GW is just CF but in yellow. He legit becomes a dumb jackass version of Edelgard.

So the execution leaves alot to be desired. It's worse when you consider there was this whole big thing called Almyra they could've used, but it's shoved aside faster than you can say Shahid. Heck even gameplay wise you face the Almyrans on the same map twice and that's it lol.

Edited by Shrimpy

Three Hopes fourth route leak

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

With AT delay crafts, how did this end up happening?

I don't know, maybe I forgot that I could do that.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yeah but the official release will have mouse support, I bet you'll feel real silly for skipping it. Not that I'll be playing it on PC, mind you.

Though if you'd like to know about other additions made to the official release, you can read about it here.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I forget where I put it but I put a Weltall/Valimar comparison and they're like the same thing. Same pose, same UI, can't believe Trails is ripping off Xeno smh.

Takahashi planted his ideas in Falcom when he worked there, remember. Trails is the true Perfect Works, Xenoblade is just Takahashi doing a new thing.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, he’s said that multiple times, I’m just being annoying.

But now that he’s played CS1, he should continue on to CS2 next anyway.

I'm glad to have your blessing, and if Crossbell really is better, I'll be able to better appreciate it now. And Towa is in Azure so it's good either way.

24 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Takahashi planted his ideas in Falcom when he worked there, remember. Trails is the true Perfect Works, Xenoblade is just Takahashi doing a new thing.

*le gasp* So was Rean his idea all along!?

I don't know, maybe I forgot that I could do that.

Dont know if you know this buuuut: if you use an AT delay craft and have impede quartz equipped, it checks for all activations separately, but rolls the highest amount every time it checks, so if you have 4 chances, its 4 chances to get say, Delay+30. Very abusable and game breaking.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The.....redux, what? 

Reveal hidden contents

Wait, is it Experiment? Cause that's actually not an X-ified Corpius, that's actually the corpse of something else you may have seen on the way to Burenia from Dairon.

I'm assuming you already got the Gravity Suit by this point, if not, don't click.

Yeah, it’s that boss. I saw the foreshadowing you mention, but it looked like the first boss to me.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

So the execution leaves alot to be desired. It's worse when you consider there was this whole big thing called Almyra they could've used, but it's shoved aside faster than you can say Shahid. Heck even gameplay wise you face the Almyrans on the same map twice and that's it lol.

The IRL “Palmyrene Empire”, centered on the city PAlmyra, was very short-lived. Three years a kingdom, three an empire. It came into existence when the Roman Empire was in total chaos, and yet Rome could still pull itself back together long enough to crush Palmyra no prob.

3 Hopes imitating history?

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of cold stuff, there is Nintendo-themed ice cream now.

And amazingly, there's more than just Mario. When are we going to get Three Houses themed ice cream? The Golden Deer would get lemon ice cream with graham crackers and a cinnamon swirl I think.

Congratulations! Hopefully you can do something enjoyable when you get out.

On the ice cream, “Path of the Blue Ice”/“Radiance Road” would be blue raspberry ice cream, with a cool and refreshing second note of minty flavor. For non-FE flavors…“Frozen Gooigi”… sour lime flavor paired with red pop rocks for a fizzle on the tongue.

And thanks for the thanks! As I do for everyone.

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I just remembered the period my granny had to go in for a long stretch years ago, there were some questions then but I remember the time I came up, with her and my granddad sitting together and just letting the morning pass by.

Appreciate the little things you have in life, that’s the sweet message I’m picking up on here.🙂 Family being present does a lot of good (provided the family gets along) for the patient.

FXCAop9UUAEUg-T?format=jpg&name=large

....So basically what happened here was that the boss died via fall damage right as i hit him with my first Special (he was Launched), which triggered an Overkill.....but also prematurely ended the fight.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, it’s that boss. I saw the foreshadowing you mention, but it looked like the first boss to me.

There is a way to instakill it, you might recall i've mentioned it before. It looks a bit daunting but it's pretty simple to pull off (and TIL there's two ways to do it). Do this if you're having trouble with the fight.

Okay, only just about did one dungeon in Skyrim today. But it was one of those with a quest in them, so at least it was something. Will continue doing The Rift stuff... next time.