Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, Benice said:

By the way @Saint Rubenio, I've just started Yakuza Kiwami, and, uh...

Yeah, it's hard. Kiryu's much more balanced, the upgrade system is completely changed and makes the combat feel different, the bosses have more interesting movesets, money's harder to come by, and Beast isn't extremely broken anymore! Still feels really satisfying, though, and it lets you charge your attacks more, meaning that you can get some really funny bounces. I've already died... Eight times, I think? It's been really close for a lot of fights too.

Don't wanna force you to play it, of course, but I know you were considering it; I can at least affirm that you won't find it too easy based on what I've played.

Ah, thank tou for letting me know. Not sure if you've finished it yet, so keep us updated on your impressions as you go!

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I committed a grave sin and finished Trails of Cold Steel the other day, I'll have to mention it eventually so I might as well do it now. At this rate I'll finish the series before Benice finishes the first game, not that there's any rush. Here are a bunch of random disorganized thoughts for posterity:

A Trails fan that doesn't despise Counter Strike and Ron's guts? Unbelievable!

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

When are we going to get Three Houses themed ice cream? The Golden Deer would get lemon ice cream with graham crackers and a cinnamon swirl I think.

That... That sounds terrible, not gonna like.

Who even is Graham

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Feeling really vindicated in passing on this game

I mean, this is all story stuff. Gameplay's quite the opposite, I see folks that I would never have expected to enjoy a Warriors game that are all for it.

Of course, this is more relevant to me, since I value gameplay more when it comes to FE. If you're a story guy.... Probably best to pass on this period, you'll not be able to get a good hearty laugh out of the cataclysm like I most certainly would.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Lmao Raphael just became Petra's dog lool

...wha

I'm sorry, may I inquire as to how what

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So the consensus is that they should've done FEW2 instead. Unless that too would've been screwed up somehow.

My consensus is that Koei should be given the boot and stop ruining FE

But that's just me

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For non-FE flavors…“Frozen Gooigi”… sour lime flavor paired with red pop rocks for a fizzle on the tongue.

Hwahahaha... That also sounds terrible, but I'd get it just on principle.

Karajice is where it's at, though.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

3 Hopes imitating history?

nope. Almyra has been existing for more than 200 years, and we didn't invade or conquer it either. Just 2 border skirmishes

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gameplay's quite the opposite, I see folks that I would never have expected to enjoy a Warriors game that are all for it.

*raises hand*

This feels less like any warriors game i played which i all hated and more like real time Fire Emblem.

If you're a story guy.... Probably best to pass on this period

AG will decide the worth of the story for me.

SB wasn't flawless, but not bad either. GW is a shitshow.

My consensus is that Koei should be given the boot and stop ruining FE

But that's just me

Only for IS to give us Fates 2.0 and the fanbase goes up in flames again

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

*raises hand*

This feels less like any warriors game i played which i all hated and more like real time Fire Emblem.

Damnit, I really hate that I'm looking forward to them DLCs. Pretty much only need a few more characters I'd want to play as.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

AG will decide the worth of the story for me.

SB wasn't flawless, but not bad either. GW is a shitshow.

That's the one I'm least familiar with. We'll see.

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Only for IS to give us Fates 2.0 and the fanbase goes up in flames again

Implying it hasn't been up in flames over Edie and other things

No words for this.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, this is all story stuff. Gameplay's quite the opposite, I see folks that I would never have expected to enjoy a Warriors game that are all for it.

For sure, it's just that I've been feeling that we did not need Fodlan AU edition and hearing about the plot......yeah.

Step 1: Be a master schemer

Step 2: Surround the enemy capital while victory is within hands reach

Step 3: Order a full retreat because of fucking bandits

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit?

The master schemer everyone.

Did they get the Fates team to write this or something? Wtf

Why the fuck would Slytherin disrupt Claude while he is defeating their number 1 enemy, Rhea? This is not making any sense

Edited by Shrimpy

2 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

@Saint Rubenio How cursed would you rate this?

"Cursed"?

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Why the fuck would Slytherin disrupt Claude while he is defeating their number 1 enemy, Rhea? This is not making any sense

I mean, bandits attacking them or bandits attacking their base? If it's the latter, that makes more sense than Claude's """"""plan"""""" in 3H Azure Moon. You don't want your retreat to be taken over by brigands and be caught between them and the enemy in case of an emergency.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Benefit of the doubt is take out two birds with one stone but i feel like this is very big doubt.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No words for this.

It sounds like a sad accident on the surface, poor guy.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Cursed"?

So not at all then.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

bandits attacking them or bandits attacking their base?

Neither

Bandita attacking one of their territories in Leicester while we are deep in the Kingdom territory right on the capital. Claude then orders a FULL RETREAT.

Somethimg similar happens in SB, but Edelgard had the mind to leave part of her forces to protect her gains and the areas she captured.

The idiot just nopes out fully after he almost conquered the Kingdom

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Benefit of the doubt is take out two birds with one stone but i feel like this is very big doubt.

If they attacked Claude while he was fighting Rhea sure, but they just gave Rhea breathing room with what they did

Edited by Shrimpy

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Neither

Bandita attacking one of their territories in Leicester while we are deep in the Kingdom territory right on the capital. Claude then orders a FULL RETREAT.

Somethimg similar happens in SB, but Edelgard had the mind to leave part of her forces to protect her gains and the areas she captured.

The idiot just nopes out fully after he almost conquered the Kingdom

If they attacked Claude while he was fighting Rhea sure, but they just gave Rhea breathing room with what they did

I get the feeling that this game is only three routes because it's Fodlan and by law, it was required.

Actually i wonder, how much do the routes differ. They same much different than 3H routes but are the events of all three still happening? I recall you mentioned Scarlet Blaze ends with the war still going.

Basically are the three routes here concurrent and your choice simply changes the perspective ala Sacred Stones.

^ sounds like more shitty 3H antics as always. XD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Basically are the three routes here concurrent and your choice simply changes the perspective ala Sacred Stones.

SS route split is superior to 3H, cause they actually change events up lmao.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

how much do the routes differ. They same much different than 3H routes but are the events of all three still happening? I recall you mentioned Scarlet Blaze ends with the war still going.

Nah they are quite different. Even if SB and GW hit similar beats and similar events happening, there're some big-ish differences here and there.

Not to mention SB ain't awful

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

the war still going.

Happens pretty much in all routes. Although i heard AG is more conclusive there

Edited by Shrimpy

Xenoblade 3 previews have started going up. That's.....a week earlier than expected. Granted, the people with review copies are only allowed to cover Ch.1. I did read one to learn a bit more about the mechanics. The best news is that it seems tutorials are actually good again. Like you can straight-up redo combat tutorials to make sure you got it right and all of it is archived.

Oh and fully confirmed now, you can fight while swimming.

Anyways if shit starts leaking, I'm gonna take drastic measures. Do send OST leaks my way tho 👍.

Inb4 there will be swimsuits for everyone!

Hey, that's what Xenosaga Episode III did...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Makna Forest?

Colony 9 (not the same one). Literal beginning of the game based on the levels (we've known Noah's group is from Colony 9).